Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention (11058 Views)

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by CoolUsername: 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
Back in my Christian days I used to respect the JW church, until I did a background check and found out that they were a bunch of loons (and not the good kind).

List of Failed Predictions:

1877: Christ's kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914; the Jews, as a people, would be restored to God's favor; the "saints" would be carried to heaven.

1891: 1914 would be "the farthest limit of
the rule of imperfect men."

1904: "World-wide anarchy" would follow the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.

1916: World War I would terminate in Armageddon and the rapture of the "saints".

1917: In 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy." The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.

1920: Messiah's kingdom would be established in 1925 and bring worldwide peace. God would begin restoring the earth. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful patriarchs would be resurrected to perfect
human life and be made princes and rulers,
the visible representatives of the New Order on earth. Those who showed themselves obedient to God would never die.

1922: The anti-typical "jubilee" that would
mark God's intervention in earthly affairs
would take place "probably the fall" of 1925.

1924: God's restoration of Earth would begin "shortly after" October 1, 1925. Jerusalem would be made the world's capital. Resurrected "princes" such as Abel,
Noah, Moses and John the Baptist would give instructions to their subjects around the world by radio, and airplanes would
transport people to and from Jerusalem
from all parts of the globe in just "a few hours".

1938: Armageddon was too close for marriage or child bearing.

1941: There were only "months" remaining until Armageddon.

1942: Armageddon was "immediately
before us."

Source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses#Failed_predictions

But you know, when your prophecies fail... Redefine success.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by virginboy1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
tempem:
Yes, Jesus made the fact clear that we will be object of hatred just simply because of the "Good News". Why is it that when you go knocking on that same door without a bag, you'll be welcomed? Well, some had smeared lies about us. To get the best of Witnesses, meet them, and ask them your questions about their beliefs. Or, rather visit Jw.org. Well, I'll leave you with this concluding part of our daily text this morning. " whether those to whom we preach accept the Kingdom message or not, we have the satisfaction of knowing that we are doing our best to accomplish our ministry."

The main reason I like Jehovah's witnesses, is that they don't preach hell fire or rather don't believe in it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2016
Ken4Christ:
I am rather bothered by the fact that more people are giving the JW attention these days than it was years before. I don't blame them totally for the success they are recording. It is because Christians have refused to go out and preach the gospel as they should. If we don't tell people the truth, someone will tell them a lie. And we have given a very good opportunity to the JW to propagate their lies.

Before you raise your hand for them, let me ask you one question. Have you personally taken time to study the Bible for yourself? Don't gamble with your life. You have only one life to live.

The JW claims to proclaim the good news. But Jesus has no place in their good news. What then is the message of good news they share? They say it is the good news of announcing God's Kingdom. This is not the good news. The problem mankind has is the sin problem. The Bible says all have sinned and falling short of the glory of God. The sin problem led to sickness, poverty and death. So, how does announcing God's Kingdom help the sick man? How does announcing God's Kingdom help those that are Laden with the guilt of sin?

Let me tell us what the good news is all about that a Jehovah witness will not tell you. The good news is that God sent his Son, Jesus to die for your sins. The other side of the good news is that God raised him up from the dead to justify you. So, anyone who believes in what he did and receive him as Lord and personal Saviour will be saved. This is the good news. But the JW will never tell you this. There intention is actually to take people's attention away from the salvation God provided through Jesus into meaningless messages that excludes Christ. Jesus says, I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except by me.

Read the book of Acts thoroughly, the good news the early Apostles preached was Christ. The good news is the good news about JESUS and not about God's Kingdom. God's Kingdom is no longer a news. Every one that accepts Jesus as Lord and personal Saviour is already in God's Kingdom. Colossians 1:13 says he has already translated us into the kingdom of his Son. It is no longer a promise. If you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, you automatically become a part of God's Kingdom.

When Jesus comes Into your life, he takes away the guilt of your sins. The good news is that he also took your sickness away. 1 Peter 2:24 says by his stripes, you were healed. If you fall sick, you can be healed in Jesus name. The good news is that Jesus is coming back to take the faithful Saints home. He said in John 14:2-3. 'In my Father's house, are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself, that were I am there ye may be also '

The Jehovah witness will not preach all these good news of Jesus to you. There motive is to tell you how you can be accepted by Jehovah without knowing Jesus. Remember, Jesus said, ' No one comes to the father without him. Jesus is the answer to the world. What the world needs is JESUS. Jehovah is the one that sent Jesus and urges all to believe in Jesus.

If Jesus is not the center of your evangelical message, then what good news are you proclaiming? The Jehovah witness will tell you to just try and keep God's commandments to be saved. If keeping God's commandments is what is needed to be saved, then it will not be necessary for Jesus to have come. But the Bible says that sinful man cannot please God. Even the Jews that were given the Law of Moses could not faithfully keep God's commandments. So, what makes you think you can do it?

What you need first is a new heart or a new life which is available for everyone that receives Jesus as Lord and personal Saviour.

So, don't listen to their lies. They are not Christians. They disguise as Angeles of light. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They try to console themselves by claiming they are been persecuted. If they see real persecution, they will flee. Have they ever been beheaded? Has any of their members been burnt alive? Check the Bible, the reason for persecution is that the church preached Jesus. Acts 4:18.

If you deny Jesus in your message, you have also denied God. He sent Jesus so we can believe in him.

Friends don't be deceived by the Jehovah witness. They don't have any good news. The good news is all about Jesus. The bad news is that all who reject the Salvation offered freely through Christ will face the wrath of God. They will spend eternity in the lake of fire. Revelation 20:10-15. Once again, don't gamble with your life. Read the Bible for yourself. You will find out the truth that salvation is only in Christ Jesus.

Your biased dogmatic hatred has really blindfolded you.

Who preaches God's kingdom without Jesus?
Who is the king of God's kingdom?
What human problems would the kingdom not stop?
Which part of your bible told you to preach Jesus?
Jesus & his followers who started this preaching why didn't they preach Jesus?
You that know how to preach Jesus why don't you go & preach kwanu?

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...If me & you start talking about Jesus now you go run... I'm sure you'll find out how ignorant you are about who he is

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2016
Someone claim to be a Christian, and said we are not, this your question is legit.

Jessicha:

the most attractive part of this post is the color matt 24:14 , Jesus prophesies a global preaching work that will be done in OUR TIME , the question is who are those preaching the goodnews of the kingdom as prophesied by Christ?

Let me bring it out:

And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

@ All

How can someone who claim to be a Christian and spew this heresy that the goodnews is not about the kingdom and some will still listen to him. That message is satanic. SHORT YOUR EARS PLEASE! Satan can never succeed.

This good news will be preached worldwide. In fact, that scripture says is the last thing to be done before the end comes.

Since his utterance is satanic, do we expect him to say the truth about the witnesses? He said we dont preach Jesus. Is that not a fat lie? Have many people not seen just recently distributed WATCHTOWER entittled "WHY DID JESUS SUFFER AND DIE?" please can you follow this link to see the proof? https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no2-2016-march/why-did-jesus-die/

I cant count how many times I have studied this part with a householder when I preach, ie, "THE RANSOM, GOD'S GREATEST GIFT" See link https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/the-ransom-jesus-sacrifice/

One of the points there said:

The forgiveness of sins. Because of inherited imperfection, we have a real struggle to do what is right. All of us sin either in word or in deed. But by means of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, we can receive “the forgiveness of our sins.” (Colossians 1:13, 14) To gain that forgiveness, however, we must be truly repentant. We must also humbly appeal to Jehovah, asking his forgiveness on the basis of our faith in the ransom sacrifice of his Son.—Read 1 John 1:8, 9.

When you are given the WATCHTOWER, do something for me, check the purpose of the WATCHTOWER as its written in the upper part of page 2. Yet someone is saying that we dont include Jesus in our preaching. If you dont know us, welcome us and ask questions, you dont need to come to an office and line up to see the "pastor", they will come to you or you call them as they preach in your area.

You can also visit www.jw.org

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 09, 2016
CoolUsername:
Back in my Christian days I used to respect the JW church, until I did a background check and found out that they were a bunch of loons (and not the good kind).

1877: Christ's kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914; the Jews, as a people, would be restored to God's favor; the "saints" would be carried to heaven.

1916: World War I would terminate in Armageddon and the rapture of the "saints".

1917: In 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy." The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.

1920: Messiah's kingdom would be established in 1925 and bring worldwide peace. God would begin restoring the earth. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful patriarchs would be resurrected to perfect
the visible representatives of the New Order on earth. Those who showed themselves obedient to God would never die.

1924: God's restoration of Earth would begin "shortly after" October 1, 1925. Jerusalem would be made the world's capital. Resurrected "princes" such as Abel,
Noah, Moses and John the Baptist would give instructions to their subjects around the world by radio, and airplanes would

before us."

Source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses#Failed_predictions

When I understood that this people dont claim supernatural vision from God in those predictions, it becomes understandable, but I thought previously that it was only the witnesses that had made such failed predictions. I was wrong, even churches that claim inspiration from God had such. See this:

Adventism, Millerism[edit]
Adventism has its roots in the teachings of a Baptist preacher by the name of William Miller. He first predicted the Second Advent of Jesus Christ would occur before March 21, 1844.[1] When this date passed a new date was predicted, April 18, 1844.[2] Again the date passed and another Millerite, Samuel S. Snow, derived the date of October 22, 1844.[3] The un-fulfillment of these predictions has been named the Millerite Great Disappointment.

Anabaptist Church[edit]
Certain Anabaptists of the early 16th century believed that the Millennium would occur in 1533.[4] Another source reports: "When the prophecy failed, the Anabaptists became more zealous and claimed that two witnesses (Enoch and Elijah) had come in the form of Jan Matthys and Jan Bockelson; they would set up the New Jerusalem in Münster. Münster became a frightening dictatorship under Bockelson's control. Although all Lutherans and Catholics were expelled from that city, the millennium never came."[5]

Anglican Church[edit]

In volume II of The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers, author Leroy Edwin Froom tells us about a prominent Anglican prelate, who made a relevant prediction: "Edwin Sandys (1519–1588), Archbishop of York and Primate of England was born in Lancashire... Sandys says, 'Now, as we know not the day and time, so let us be assured that this coming of the Lord is near. He is not slack, as we do count slackness. That it is at hand, it may be probably gathered out of the Scriptures in diverse places. The signs mentioned by Christ in the Gospel which should be the foreshewers of this terrible day, are almost all fulfilled.'"[6]

Assemblies of God Church[edit]
During World War I, The Weekly Evangel, an official publication of the Assemblies of God, carried this prediction: "We are not yet in the Armageddon struggle proper, but at its commencement, and it may be, if students of prophecy read the signs aright, that Christ will come before the present war closes, and before Armageddon...The war preliminary to Armageddon, it seems, has commenced."[7] Other editions speculated that the end would come no later than 1934 or 1935.[8]

Calvary Chapel[edit]
The founder of the Calvary Chapel system, Chuck Smith, published the book End Times in 1979. On the jacket of his book, Smith is called a "well known Bible scholar and prophecy teacher." In this book he wrote:

As we look at the world scene today, it would appear that the coming of the Lord is very, very, close. Yet, we do not know when it will be. It could be that the Lord will wait for a time longer. If I understand Scripture correctly, Jesus taught us that the generation which sees the 'budding of the fig tree', the birth of the nation Israel, will be the generation that sees the Lord's return; I believe that the generation of 1948 is the last generation. Since a generation of judgment is forty years and the tribulation lasts seven years, I believe the Lord could come back for his church anytime before the tribulation starts, which would mean anytime before 1981. (1948 + 40 − 7 = 1981) However, it is possible that Jesus is dating the beginning of the generation from 1967, when Jerusalem was again under Israeli control for the first time since 587 BC. We don't know for sure which year actually marks the beginning of the last generation.[9]

This same viewpoint was published by the popular pastor Hal Lindsey in his widely published book The Late Great Planet Earth.[10]

Lutheran Church[edit]
The founder of the Lutheran Church was the reformer, Martin Luther (1483–1546 A.D.). According to one authority, Luther ventured to predict: "For my part, I am sure that the Day of Judgement is just around the corner. It doesn't matter that we don't know the precise day... perhaps someone else can figure it out. But it is certain that time is now at an end."[11] Another author says: "In all of [Luther's] work there was a sense of urgency for the time was short... the world was heading for Armageddon in the war with the Turk."[12]

Even after Luther's death in 1546, Lutheran leaders kept up the claim of the nearness of the end. About the year 1584, a zealous Lutheran named Adam Nachenmoser wrote the large volume '[Prognosticum Theologicum]' in which he predicted: "In 1590 the Gospel would be preached to all nations and a wonderful unity would be achieved. The last days would then be close at hand." Nachenmoser offered numerous conjectures about the date; 1635 seemed most likely.[13]

The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod issued a study in 1989 refuting any end times claim, declaring that "repeatedly taught by Jesus and the apostles is the truth that the exact hour of Christ's coming remains hidden in the secret counsels of God (Matt. 24:36)."[14]

Mennonites[edit]
Russian Mennonite minister Claas Epp, Jr. predicted that Christ would return on March 8, 1889, and, when that date passed uneventfully, 1891.[15]

Presbyterian Church[edit]

Thomas Brightman, who lived from 1562 to 1607, has been called "one of the fathers of Presbyterianism in England." He predicted that "between 1650 and 1695 [we] would see the conversion of the many Jews and a revival of their nation in Palestine...the destruction of the Papacy...the marriage of the Lamb and his wife."[16]

Christopher Love who lived from 1618–1651 was a bright graduate of Oxford and a strong Presbyterian. Love predicted that: (1) Babylon would fall in 1758 (2) God's anger against the wicked would be demonstrated in 1759 and (3) in 1763 there would occur a great earthquake all over the world.[17]

Roman Catholic Church[edit]
When in 1525 Martin Luther, an ex-monk, married Katharina von Bora, an ex-nun, his enemies[who?] said that their offspring would fulfill an old tradition that the Antichrist would be the son of such a union. The Catholic scholar and theologian Erasmus remarked that the tradition could apply to thousands of such children.[18]

In 1771 Bishop Charles Walmesley published, under the nom de plume of "Signor Pastorini",[19] his "General History of the Christian Church from Her Birth to Her Final Triumphant State in Heaven Chiefly Deduced from the Apocalypse of St. John the Apostle and Evangelist".[20] In it he attributed to what he called the fifth age of the Church a duration of 300 years, beginning with the Protestant Reformation in 1520 or 1525.[21] This was widely interpreted as predicting the downfall of Protestantism by 1825.[22] In fact, just four years later, the Roman Catholic Relief Act 1829 brought to a culmination the process of Catholic Emancipation throughout the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Predictions by other groups[edit]
Irvingism[edit]
The well known Scottish cleric, Edward Irving, was the forerunner of the Catholic Apostolic Church.[23] In 1828 he wrote a work headed The Last Days: A Discourse on the Evil Character of These Our Times, Proving Them to be the 'Perilous Times' and the 'Last Days'. On pages 10–22 we find some telling information which includes the following:[24]

I conclude, therefore, that the last days... will begin to run from the time of God's appearing for his ancient people, and gathering them together to the work of destroying all Antichristian nations, of evangelising the world, and of governing it during the Millennium... The times and fullness of the times, so often mentioned in the New Testament, I consider as referring to the great period numbered by times...Now if this reasoning be correct, as there can be little doubt that the one thousand two hundred and sixty days concluded in the year 1792, and the thirty additional days in the year 1823, we are already entered upon the last days, and the ordinary life of a man will carry many of us to the end of them. If this be so, it gives to the subject with which we have introduced this year's ministry a very great importance indeed.

Jehovah's Witnesses[edit]

Main article: Watch Tower Society unfulfilled predictions
Charles Taze Russell, the first president of the Watch Tower Society, calculated 1874 as the year of Christ's Second Coming, and taught that Christ was invisibly present and ruling from the heavens since that year.[25][26][27][28] Russell proclaimed Christ's invisible return in 1874,[29] the resurrection of the saints in 1875,[30] and predicted the end of the "harvest" and the Rapture of the saints to heaven for 1878,[31] and the final end of "the day of wrath" in 1914.[32] 1874 was considered the end of 6,000 years of human history and the beginning of judgment by Christ.[33] A 1917 Watch Tower Society publication predicted that in 1918, God would begin to destroy churches and millions of their members.[34]

J.F. Rutherford, who succeeded Russell as president of the Watch Tower Society, predicted that the Millennium would begin in 1925, and that biblical figures such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and David would be resurrected as "princes". The Watch Tower Society bought property and built a house, Beth Sarim, in California for their return.[35]

From 1966, statements in Jehovah's Witness publications raised strong expectations that Armageddon could arrive in 1975. In 1974 Witnesses were commended for selling their homes and property to "finish out the rest of their days in this old system" in full-time preaching.[36] In 1976 The Watchtower advised those who had been "disappointed" by unfulfilled expectations for 1975 to adjust their viewpoint because that understanding was "based on wrong premises".[37] Four years later, the Watch Tower Society admitted its responsibility in building up hope regarding 1975.[38]

Montanists[edit]

Montanus, who founded the Montanist movement in 156 AD, predicted that Jesus would return during the lifetime of the group's founding members.[39]

Mormonism[edit]
Main article: List of prophecies of Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon faith, made several dozen prophecies during his lifetime, many of which are recorded in the sacred texts of the Mormon faith. The prophecies included predictions of the Civil War, the coming of Jesus, and several less significant predictions. Church apologists cite prophecies that they claim came true,[40] and church critics cite prophecies that they claim did not come true.[41]

source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfilled_Christian_religious_predictions

I didnt say that was all. There many more, but not from wikipedia. But this is a starting point.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:49am On Apr 09, 2016
CoolUsername:

before us."

Source:

That was a very good background check up.
They only thing you found out was to discredit them...Clap for yourself

Even Jesus disciples had false expectations or wrong understanding
Acts 1:6 'So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?”

Your background check was too shallow & biased.....Do more background check up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by Jessicha(f): 9:18am On Apr 09, 2016
joyandfaith:

have you tried house to house evangelism and they do not allow you.

house to house evangelism , for where ? lol , don't mind that analice107 bro , she is just emotional.

in fact, its gonna be cool to have them at my door . I remember a case where a young guy came to my house , which I allow him to speak .. what's his message ? as usual , if you do good you go to heaven , if u do bad you go to hell ( he is even confuse maybe na sheol or gehenna or tartarus him they talk about , cos all na hell grin , so I told him to specify and he was lost .

the funny part is the heaven aspect , i said but bro if everybody go to heaven as you told me , what then is the purpose of the NEW EARTH ? are you now saying psalm 37: 9-11 is a lie ? to explain na wahala .

what I noticed :

after some weeks , i discover they stopped their preaching , it last a short while .. have seen like 4 group of churches in my area start preaching from house to house and later drop it after few months.

this work cannot be done without the Backing of the Almighty .

question again is : who are those preaching the goodnews of God's kingdom as prophesied by Christ ?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by firestar(f): 10:03am On Apr 09, 2016
Prinzbeat:
Jehovah witness why are they rejected when they pay you a visit

Prinzbeat, hello.
Please correct your title.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by joyandfaith: 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jessicha:

house to house evangelism , for where ? lol , don't mind that analice107 bro , she is just emotional.

in fact, its gonna be cool to have them at my door . I remember a case where a young guy came to my house , which I allow him to speak .. what's his message ? as usual , if you do good you go to heaven , if u do bad you go to hell ( he is even confuse maybe na sheol or gehenna or tartarus him they talk about , cos all na hell grin , so I told him to specify and he was lost .

the funny part is the heaven aspect , i said but bro if everybody go to heaven as you told me , what then is the purpose of the NEW EARTH ? are you now saying psalm 37: 9-11 is a lie ? to explain na wahala .

what I noticed :

after some weeks , i discover they stopped their preaching , it last a short while .. have seen like 4 group of churches in my area start preaching from house to house and later drop it after few months.

this work cannot be done without the Backing of the Almighty .

question again is : who are those preaching the goodnews of God's kingdom as prophesied by Christ ?

I have not seen any church that her members engage actively in preaching about kingdom of God and its king Jesus as Jehovah witnesses. jw visit people everywhere they can find them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by analice107: 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
joyandfaith:

I have not seen any church that her members engage actively in preaching about kingdom of God and its king Jesus as Jehovah witnesses. jw visit people everywhere they can find them.
And when they visit, is it Jesus they talk about? Remember these people talk to us everyday. They are here saying they are announcing the kingdom of God. Question is, who is the king in this Kingdom? It is Jesus who they say is an Angel?
My dear, any group that has issues with the divinity of Christ is of the devil. Satan can never identify the lordship of Christ, and he has subtly broke his agents into little secs and they are there silently creeping into homes polluting minds. But God is awesome, we catch them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by joyandfaith: 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
analice107:

And when they visit, is it Jesus they talk about? Remember these people talk to us everyday. They are here saying they are announcing the kingdom of God. Question is, who is the king in this Kingdom? It is Jesus who they say is an Angel?
My dear, any group that has issues with the divinity of Christ is of the devil. Satan can never identify the lordship of Christ, and he has subtly broke his agents into little secs and they are there silently creeping into homes polluting minds. But God is awesome, we catch them.

Jesus is king of God kingdom. they preach about God kingdom and the king. Jesus is divine. probably u do not understand meaning of divinity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by joyandfaith: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
analice107:

Jesus is king of God kingdom. they preach about God kingdom and the king. Jesus is divine. probably u do not understand meaning of divinity. Bible calls Jesus might God but not almighty God. so jesus is divine.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by CANTICLES: 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
analice107:

And when they visit, is it Jesus they talk about? Remember these people talk to us everyday. They are here saying they are announcing the kingdom of God. Question is, who is the king in this Kingdom? It is Jesus

if the only thing u learn from this thread is the above , am glad . at least you know Gods kingdom is a real government and Christ is its king.

who they say is an Angel?

Angel=messenger ? Yes or no

is Christ ever called a messenger/Angel in the bible ?
Malachi 3:1

your sincere answers to the above questions might be all you need .

My dear, any group that has issues with the divinity of Christ is of the devil.

exactly, Jehovah's witnesses never deny that Jesus have a divine nature like God , but does having a divine nature equal being Almighty ? that is where you have issues with the divinity of Christ .. of course , I will Tell you why

do you still need to be spoonfed that humans will be resurrected to heaven to SHARE THE DIVINE NATURE WITH GOD [2Peter1:4] , DOES THAT MAKE THIS HUMANS Almighty GOD ? can you now see that having a divine nature doesn't make a person or equate Christ with God ?

analice107, "God is the head of Christ "1 corinthians 11:3!!! na bible talk am not canticles . u can choose to turn a deaf ear . but truth is truth.

Satan can never identify the lordship of Christ, and he has subtly broke his agents into little secs and they are there silently creeping into homes polluting minds. But God is awesome, we catch them.

false info can kill person o , who told you Jehovah's witnesses don't acknowledge Christ as Lord ? chai! do u even know the TITLE OF THE DRAMA WATCHED WoRLDWiDE BY JEHOVAHS WITNESS AT THE IMITATE JESUS 2015 CONVENTION ? " God made him [Jesus] both Lord and Christ "

i guess u don't even know

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by joyandfaith: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
act 2:36. God made Jesus lord and Christ.

who are angels?=sons of God. Jesus is a son of God.

what is divinity?=state of being a god. So, Jesus is divine.Bible refers him as mighty God while Jehovah is Almighty God.

Jw are correct.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by firestar(f): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
I read something new in the book of Job.

There, its intriguing to learn to about God asks his servant where he was when He founded the earth? Or, who is this one speaking without knowledge?

Very intriguing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by CoolUsername: 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
IsaacBuchi:

That was a very good background check up.
They only thing you found out was to discredit them...Clap for yourself

Even Jesus disciples had false expectations or wrong understanding
Acts 1:6 'So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?”

Your background check was too shallow & biased.....Do more background check up.

Phooey! This is the redefinition of success that I'm talking about. JW started off as a death cult that thought that the apocalypse was the next week. It wasn't until they're (hilarious) failures that they became what they are today.

They made prophecies that were demonstrably false. There is no honest way around that fact.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by johnw74: 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
....The Witnesses are told that they will be persecuted when they go door-to-door teaching their doctrines. They are further told that this is simply the enemy fighting against God's organization because they are in "the truth." So, when someone disagrees with them, they are conditioned to reflect on what the Watchtower has told them. They then feel confirmed in being in God's true organization on earth (like all cults claim).....

....It is a non-Christian cult.

The full short article is here: https://carm.org/is-the-jehovahs-witness-religion-christian
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by joyandfaith: 8:20am On Apr 10, 2016
johnw74:

....The Witnesses are told that they will be persecuted when they go door-to-door teaching their doctrines. They are further told that this is simply the enemy fighting against God's organization because they are in "the truth." So, when someone disagrees with them, they are conditioned to reflect on what the Watchtower has told them. They then feel confirmed in being in God's true organization on earth (like all cults claim).....

....It is a non-Christian cult.

The full short article is here: https://carm.org/is-the-jehovahs-witness-religion-christian

Jesus says his real disciples will be persecuted
Matt 24:9
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by Emusan(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
tempem:
okay, what's your point? Do you have trust in the bible? If you do, I think that's a problem 'no 1' solved.

Repeat yourself, please!
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by analice107: 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=CANTICLES post=44558846]

if the only thing u learn from this thread is the above , am glad . at least you know Gods kingdom is a real government and Christ is its king.

Angel=messenger ? Yes or no

is Christ ever called a messenger/Angel in the bible ?
Malachi 3:1

your sincere answers to the above questions might be all you need .

exactly, Jehovah's witnesses never deny that Jesus have a divine nature like God , but does having a divine nature equal being Almighty ? that is where you have issues with the divinity of Christ .. of course , I will Tell you why

do you still need to be spoonfed that humans will be resurrected to heaven to SHARE THE DIVINE NATURE WITH GOD [2Peter1:4] , DOES THAT MAKE THIS HUMANS Almighty GOD ? can you now see that having a divine nature doesn't make a person or equate Christ with God ?

analice107, "God is the head of Christ "1 corinthians 11:3!!! na bible talk am not canticles . u can choose to turn a deaf ear . but truth is truth.

false info can kill person o , who told you Jehovah's witnesses don't acknowledge Christ as Lord ? chai! do u even know the TITLE OF THE DRAMA WATCHED WoRLDWiDE BY JEHOVAHS WITNESS AT THE IMITATE JESUS 2015 CONVENTION ? " God made him [Jesus] both Lord and Christ "

Av been busy, but will respond to u in due time.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
firestar:
I read something new in the book of Job.

There, its intriguing to learn to about God asks his servant where he was when He founded the earth? Or, who is this one speaking without knowledge?

Very intriguing.

Beautiful troll cheesy
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by paulGrundy(m): 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

They even teach that worship of Jesus is idolatry and that salvation of your soul is not dependent on Jesus, but rather on your obedience to some group of men known as the governing body.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by analice107: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
paulGrundy:

They even teach that worship of Jesus is idolatry and that salvation of your soul is not dependent on Jesus, but rather on your obedience to some group of men known as the governing body.
Dont mind them. They clearly ignore scriptures pointing to Jesus' divinity but draw up scriptures with grey areas and assume they are referring to Jesus as an angel.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by paulGrundy(m): 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

Dont mind them. They clearly ignore scriptures pointing to Jesus' divinity but draw up scriptures with grey areas and assume they are referring to Jesus as an angel.

Try check out this link, it will show you how they lie and misquote sources to discredit trinity.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/trinity.php
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by paulGrundy(m): 11:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
JMAN05:

When I understood that this people dont claim supernatural vision from God in those predictions, it becomes understandable, but I thought previously that it was only the witnesses that had made such failed predictions. I was wrong, even churches that claim inspiration from God had such. See this:

Adventism, Millerism[edit]
Adventism has its roots in the teachings of a Baptist preacher by the name of William Miller. He first predicted the Second Advent of Jesus Christ would occur before March 21, 1844.[1] When this date passed a new date was predicted, April 18, 1844.[2] Again the date passed and another Millerite, Samuel S. Snow, derived the date of October 22, 1844.[3] The un-fulfillment of these predictions has been named the Millerite Great Disappointment.

Anabaptist Church[edit]
Certain Anabaptists of the early 16th century believed that the Millennium would occur in 1533.[4] Another source reports: "When the prophecy failed, the Anabaptists became more zealous and claimed that two witnesses (Enoch and Elijah) had come in the form of Jan Matthys and Jan Bockelson; they would set up the New Jerusalem in Münster. Münster became a frightening dictatorship under Bockelson's control. Although all Lutherans and Catholics were expelled from that city, the millennium never came."[5]

Anglican Church[edit]

In volume II of The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers, author Leroy Edwin Froom tells us about a prominent Anglican prelate, who made a relevant prediction: "Edwin Sandys (1519–1588), Archbishop of York and Primate of England was born in Lancashire... Sandys says, 'Now, as we know not the day and time, so let us be assured that this coming of the Lord is near. He is not slack, as we do count slackness. That it is at hand, it may be probably gathered out of the Scriptures in diverse places. The signs mentioned by Christ in the Gospel which should be the foreshewers of this terrible day, are almost all fulfilled.'"[6]

Assemblies of God Church[edit]
During World War I, The Weekly Evangel, an official publication of the Assemblies of God, carried this prediction: "We are not yet in the Armageddon struggle proper, but at its commencement, and it may be, if students of prophecy read the signs aright, that Christ will come before the present war closes, and before Armageddon...The war preliminary to Armageddon, it seems, has commenced."[7] Other editions speculated that the end would come no later than 1934 or 1935.[8]

Calvary Chapel[edit]
The founder of the Calvary Chapel system, Chuck Smith, published the book End Times in 1979. On the jacket of his book, Smith is called a "well known Bible scholar and prophecy teacher." In this book he wrote:

As we look at the world scene today, it would appear that the coming of the Lord is very, very, close. Yet, we do not know when it will be. It could be that the Lord will wait for a time longer. If I understand Scripture correctly, Jesus taught us that the generation which sees the 'budding of the fig tree', the birth of the nation Israel, will be the generation that sees the Lord's return; I believe that the generation of 1948 is the last generation. Since a generation of judgment is forty years and the tribulation lasts seven years, I believe the Lord could come back for his church anytime before the tribulation starts, which would mean anytime before 1981. (1948 + 40 − 7 = 1981) However, it is possible that Jesus is dating the beginning of the generation from 1967, when Jerusalem was again under Israeli control for the first time since 587 BC. We don't know for sure which year actually marks the beginning of the last generation.[9]

This same viewpoint was published by the popular pastor Hal Lindsey in his widely published book The Late Great Planet Earth.[10]

Lutheran Church[edit]
The founder of the Lutheran Church was the reformer, Martin Luther (1483–1546 A.D.). According to one authority, Luther ventured to predict: "For my part, I am sure that the Day of Judgement is just around the corner. It doesn't matter that we don't know the precise day... perhaps someone else can figure it out. But it is certain that time is now at an end."[11] Another author says: "In all of [Luther's] work there was a sense of urgency for the time was short... the world was heading for Armageddon in the war with the Turk."[12]

Even after Luther's death in 1546, Lutheran leaders kept up the claim of the nearness of the end. About the year 1584, a zealous Lutheran named Adam Nachenmoser wrote the large volume '[Prognosticum Theologicum]' in which he predicted: "In 1590 the Gospel would be preached to all nations and a wonderful unity would be achieved. The last days would then be close at hand." Nachenmoser offered numerous conjectures about the date; 1635 seemed most likely.[13]

The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod issued a study in 1989 refuting any end times claim, declaring that "repeatedly taught by Jesus and the apostles is the truth that the exact hour of Christ's coming remains hidden in the secret counsels of God (Matt. 24:36)."[14]

Mennonites[edit]
Russian Mennonite minister Claas Epp, Jr. predicted that Christ would return on March 8, 1889, and, when that date passed uneventfully, 1891.[15]

Presbyterian Church[edit]

Thomas Brightman, who lived from 1562 to 1607, has been called "one of the fathers of Presbyterianism in England." He predicted that "between 1650 and 1695 [we] would see the conversion of the many Jews and a revival of their nation in Palestine...the destruction of the Papacy...the marriage of the Lamb and his wife."[16]

Christopher Love who lived from 1618–1651 was a bright graduate of Oxford and a strong Presbyterian. Love predicted that: (1) Babylon would fall in 1758 (2) God's anger against the wicked would be demonstrated in 1759 and (3) in 1763 there would occur a great earthquake all over the world.[17]

Roman Catholic Church[edit]
When in 1525 Martin Luther, an ex-monk, married Katharina von Bora, an ex-nun, his enemies[who?] said that their offspring would fulfill an old tradition that the Antichrist would be the son of such a union. The Catholic scholar and theologian Erasmus remarked that the tradition could apply to thousands of such children.[18]

In 1771 Bishop Charles Walmesley published, under the nom de plume of "Signor Pastorini",[19] his "General History of the Christian Church from Her Birth to Her Final Triumphant State in Heaven Chiefly Deduced from the Apocalypse of St. John the Apostle and Evangelist".[20] In it he attributed to what he called the fifth age of the Church a duration of 300 years, beginning with the Protestant Reformation in 1520 or 1525.[21] This was widely interpreted as predicting the downfall of Protestantism by 1825.[22] In fact, just four years later, the Roman Catholic Relief Act 1829 brought to a culmination the process of Catholic Emancipation throughout the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Predictions by other groups[edit]
Irvingism[edit]
The well known Scottish cleric, Edward Irving, was the forerunner of the Catholic Apostolic Church.[23] In 1828 he wrote a work headed The Last Days: A Discourse on the Evil Character of These Our Times, Proving Them to be the 'Perilous Times' and the 'Last Days'. On pages 10–22 we find some telling information which includes the following:[24]

I conclude, therefore, that the last days... will begin to run from the time of God's appearing for his ancient people, and gathering them together to the work of destroying all Antichristian nations, of evangelising the world, and of governing it during the Millennium... The times and fullness of the times, so often mentioned in the New Testament, I consider as referring to the great period numbered by times...Now if this reasoning be correct, as there can be little doubt that the one thousand two hundred and sixty days concluded in the year 1792, and the thirty additional days in the year 1823, we are already entered upon the last days, and the ordinary life of a man will carry many of us to the end of them. If this be so, it gives to the subject with which we have introduced this year's ministry a very great importance indeed.

Jehovah's Witnesses[edit]

Main article: Watch Tower Society unfulfilled predictions
Charles Taze Russell, the first president of the Watch Tower Society, calculated 1874 as the year of Christ's Second Coming, and taught that Christ was invisibly present and ruling from the heavens since that year.[25][26][27][28] Russell proclaimed Christ's invisible return in 1874,[29] the resurrection of the saints in 1875,[30] and predicted the end of the "harvest" and the Rapture of the saints to heaven for 1878,[31] and the final end of "the day of wrath" in 1914.[32] 1874 was considered the end of 6,000 years of human history and the beginning of judgment by Christ.[33] A 1917 Watch Tower Society publication predicted that in 1918, God would begin to destroy churches and millions of their members.[34]

J.F. Rutherford, who succeeded Russell as president of the Watch Tower Society, predicted that the Millennium would begin in 1925, and that biblical figures such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and David would be resurrected as "princes". The Watch Tower Society bought property and built a house, Beth Sarim, in California for their return.[35]

From 1966, statements in Jehovah's Witness publications raised strong expectations that Armageddon could arrive in 1975. In 1974 Witnesses were commended for selling their homes and property to "finish out the rest of their days in this old system" in full-time preaching.[36] In 1976 The Watchtower advised those who had been "disappointed" by unfulfilled expectations for 1975 to adjust their viewpoint because that understanding was "based on wrong premises".[37] Four years later, the Watch Tower Society admitted its responsibility in building up hope regarding 1975.[38]

Montanists[edit]

Montanus, who founded the Montanist movement in 156 AD, predicted that Jesus would return during the lifetime of the group's founding members.[39]

Mormonism[edit]
Main article: List of prophecies of Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon faith, made several dozen prophecies during his lifetime, many of which are recorded in the sacred texts of the Mormon faith. The prophecies included predictions of the Civil War, the coming of Jesus, and several less significant predictions. Church apologists cite prophecies that they claim came true,[40] and church critics cite prophecies that they claim did not come true.[41]

source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfilled_Christian_religious_predictions

I didnt say that was all. There many more, but not from wikipedia. But this is a starting point.

smiley am glad you realized that the watchtower made failed predictions, not wrong expections as their literature pointed out. A massive shift from your stance compared to a quote of yours last year.

This shows to mean that even if you shun me online, you still read my arguments and its begining to open your eyes to reasoning subconsciously.

My hardwork is paying off. smiley smiley
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by dolphinheart(m): 12:51am On Apr 11, 2016
analice107:

you where shown scriptures that point to jesus divinity, you did not respond to it, you are here accusing jw's all over again.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by dolphinheart(m): 12:59am On Apr 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

can you tell us what the soul is, and how you came to have it using the scripture as a guide?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by johnw74: 1:10am On Apr 11, 2016
joyandfaith:

Jesus says his real disciples will be persecuted
Matt 24:9
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Supposed jw's are not handed over to be persecuted and put to death,
real Christians are daily in different parts of the World.

If supposed jw's are not liked, it's not through following the true Jesus,
it's through following "a god".
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by joyandfaith: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2016
johnw74:

Supposed jw's are not handed over to be persecuted and put to death,
real Christians are daily in different parts of the World.

If supposed jw's are not liked, it's not through following the true Jesus,
it's through following "a god".

go and read history why jw are persecuted. it is because they imitate Christ. info is in Wikipedia and other reliable encyclopedia. true Christians must be persecuted cos they are minority. Matt 7:13,14
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by joyandfaith: 6:21am On Apr 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

smiley am glad you realized that the watchtower made failed predictions, not wrong expections as their literature pointed out. A massive shift from your stance compared to a quote of yours last year.

This shows to mean that even if you shun me online, you still read my arguments and its begining to open your eyes to reasoning subconsciously.

My hardwork is paying off. smiley smiley

but not false prophesies and jw never claim perfection.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by johnw74: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2016
joyandfaith:

1....go and read history why jw are persecuted. it is because they imitate Christ. info is in Wikipedia and other reliable encyclopedia.
2....true Christians must be persecuted cos they are minority. Matt 7:13,14

1....You confuse rejected with persecuted, you won't be persecuted for following your christ, "a god"
but you will be rejected.

2.... You are typical supposed jw, you don't know the scriptures.
True christians are not persecuted because they are a minority, true Christians are persecuted because they follow the Truth-Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention by dolphinheart(m): 10:24am On Apr 11, 2016
johnw74:

1....You confuse rejected with persecuted, you won't be persecuted for following your christ, "a god"
but you will be rejected.

2.... You are typical supposed jw, you don't know the scriptures.
True christians are not persecuted because they are a minority, true Christians are persecuted because they follow the Truth-Jesus Christ.

those who follow jesus Christ, the Christ who told us he is sent, who told us he has a God,who told us he has a father, who told us his father is his God, who told us that his father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD, who told us how to pray to the father, who has shown us that he came not to do his will, but the will of his father, who died to provide a ransom for us, who was ressurected and ascended to heaven, who was exalted above his fellows, who is the king of God's Kingdom, who is the heir, who God will use to solve all our problems, who is always subjected to God who gave him authority and power.......Those who follow this Christ will be persecuted and killed, they will always be in the minority because they are no part of the world saturated by Satan's ideas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Six Ways To Obtain Wisdom From God / Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity / The Great Tribulations After Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.