Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Getting Married Even When You Are Broke - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married Even When You Are Broke (28903 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by porrigeyam(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
I want to get married when I'm 25years old... not that I'm rushing I'm just adulterous in nature so the earlier the better. So help me God.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by LoveJesus87(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Todil:
The is probably the most inspiring piece have read on Nairaland
Seconded kiss
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by sheunpompey: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
Most peeps will always prioritize money and finances over marriage and family. My advise for singles is that they should seek God first and the right partner... As regard finances and money, a hardworking fellow can never lack. Then we must not forget good health....

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Bollinger(m): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
Axsetup:

Source: http://www.punchng.com/getting-married-even-when-you-are-broke/

When i got married, we lived in a one room self contained apartment. We did not even have a car or money for the actual wedding. Today, we have everything we want and need and then some. Marriage is about building from the ground up. People who think material possessions make a marriage are sadly mistaken. When you build together, you stand a better chance of staying together happily forever.

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Integrityfarms(m): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Carowline:

True.
But too bad, your epistle cant change the modus operandi. Nigerians especially must carve a niche of their own. Westernisation should have a limit.

Life remains a choice and we take responsibility for the course of our choices and actions!

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Zrolec(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Undue comparisons and crave for societal appreciation has be devilled many relationships thereby giving a precedence to cohabitation!

For God sake no wedding is the best and none is the worst, just do what you can ad live legally with your wife. Thats why I like my church once trad and court wedding is done with moderation, the pastor can come and join u even in your house with the consent of both parents and two witnesses and that's all.

No vex bross what's d name of ur Church?

Lets leave trying to please others at our detriment. There is more to marriage than wedding which is just for 6-8 hours maximum

U tok true
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by kentuta(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
Stories...all na wash, wait until u get married broke, that is when you will know the difference between catch am and hold am....

Quote me any day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by osile2012: 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
[size=18pt]Dont Try this shit on your own. Bible says, will a man build without first checking the cost ? If you dont want to have grey hair at 30 then dont make that mistake. You need steady income, even if its 40k a month. [/size]

6 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Littleboss: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Littleboss: 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
Zrolec:

U tok true

Yes oooo
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by blazer234: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
ogorwyne:
So many will want to trash this write-up. But for those who know the truth, this is right on point. Oga Lalasticlala come and read oh.

Pls help me tell that lady in ur dp that she is lovely. I mean them long jaw bones and them queenly noses aren't easy to come by........they only happen once in a blue moon!
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Godsonkemz(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
Have you considered the huge bride price, lets just put white wedding cost out of contest though its necessary. Or would you depend upon your parents to provide that for you. My dear entering into a marriage union without job na hell. Men can bear it but women can hardly bear it except she has a good home training and background.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
kentuta:
Stories...all na wash, wait until u get married broke, that is when you will know the difference between catch am and hold am....

Quote me any day
no mind them na frustration from the family wife and the wife kan go kill that man,they will cajole u to marry broke after they will turn their back.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
osile2012:
[size=18pt]Dont Try this shit on your own. Bible says, will a man build without first checking the cost ? If you dont want to have grey hair at 30 then dont make that mistake. You need steady income, even if its 40k a month. [/size]

Agree totally with you. A steady income, a house and a clear cut vision on how to move up.

In fact, this should be the litmus test every girl who is willing to start small with a guy shoukd put him through

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by ify84(m): 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
efosasere:
My father got married to my mom when he was 24. This is because things were not as expensive as they are now back then. I got married when I was 26 and this is because the lady in question was my existence and my saviour. She's the best woman in the world. In the first three years of our marriage things were a bit rough but fast forward to now things are a whole lot better. Marriage isn't about having money. It's about finding the right person and when you eventually do every other thing will fall in place.

I am about a year old in marriage, truly, tinx are a bit rough, financially, she schooling, she is THE RIGHT person, we just had a baby...

But, with stories like urs, we do have hope, we will soon enjoy financial liberty

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by aycapri(m): 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nice write-up. You've done a great job but most youth are scared of passing through the financial distress after marriage cos it may lead to divorce or continuous complains. Only few has d spirit to pass thru it. #Beingbrokesucks

1 Like

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by aycapri(m): 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nice write-up. You've done a great job but most youth are scared of passing through the financial distress after marriage cos it may lead to divorce or continuous complains. Only few has d spirit to pass thru it cos Being broke sucks. #prayeristhemasterkey
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by SirDavico(m): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
Since everything are now epic these day, I'll say this is super epic! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lalasticlala, you don hear wetin Op talk?
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by ify84(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bollinger:

When i got married, we lived in a one room self contained apartment. We did not even have a car or money for the actual wedding. Today, we have everything we want and need and then some. Marriage is about building from the ground up. People who think material possessions make a marriage are sadly mistaken. When you build together, you stand a better chance of staying together happily forever.

I will share same testimony soon... I did my trad and wedding with no actual money kept somewhere as well, it's not been easy though, but nothing beats a good wife.....

NOT getting married because u don't have a car or house or too much money is running away from being responsible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Bollinger(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
ify84:

I will share same testimony soon... I did my trad and wedding with no actual money kept somewhere as well, it's not been easy though, but nothing beats a good wife.....

NOT getting married because u don't have a car or house or too much money is running away from being responsible
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Adamsdelrio(m): 1:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
Todil:
I dey smell wedding for your comment.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by ify84(m): 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
Godsonkemz:
Have you considered the huge bride price, lets just put white wedding cost out of contest though its necessary. Or would you depend upon your parents to provide that for you. My dear entering into a marriage union without job na hell. Men can bear it but women can hardly bear it except she has a good home training and background.

YOU CAN'T MARRY WITHOUT A 'JOB'... The article didn't say u can marry without a job... No....

It is saying, u can marry with little u have got....

Before u marry, u must either have a job which maybe either ur small business or a private company or govt job......

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Adamsdelrio(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
porrigeyam:
I want to get married when I'm 25years old... not that I'm rushing I'm just adulterous in nature so the earlier the better. So help me God.
You said Adulterous... Don't you think getting married is the beginning of what you are running from?

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by dammytosh: 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
AntiWailer:
I won't advise anybody to marry broke.

When the lady is ageing and counting down age wise, she will encourage you to marry even without a job.

After marriage, her eyes will clear and frustration will set in.

Forget about 'LOVE', As a man, you should be able to take care of your family. Provide the basic necessities.

I have researched some families, 90% of the turbulence Marriage face, the underlining reason is MONEY.

- SHe is wasteful, he is wasteful, he is givving his family and not mine bla bla bla (MONEY)

Look for a lady much younger than you are so you will have breathing space to have an income to sustain a family. (When people with wisdom say don't marry your age mate, it is because of the breathing space you need to set your foot right but as usual we know so much and scream AGE IS JUST a number)

If you can not clothe, shelter, feed, protect her without anybody's help, you are not qualified to be called HUSBAND.

Difficult word, but truth does not have to be palatable.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
woreva, broke people should not get married. especially since married people forget all forms of contraceptives as soon as they get married, coupled with pressure to have a baby...all inside poverty!

olorunmaje!

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by amauri(m): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
That's d problem most youths have now,they want to be completely made before getting married.But my own opinion is praying to God for a good partner after which u can build from there.I know a family that started from a room apartment to a standard duplex.So its about finding d right person.But mostly importantly deer must be a source of income for d couple,from der God blessings will reign if der is hardwork

1 Like

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by lollmaolol(m): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
Todil:

because you are directly affected.... ? undecided
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by TrumpDonald(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nice write up. But d woman go gree? But I think this is a test of true love.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by babatgtr: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
What a brilliant write up.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by porrigeyam(m): 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
You said Adulterous... Don't you think getting married is the beginning of what you are running from?
nope when i get married i will stop sleeping around.. i know myself.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Axsetup:

Source: http://www.punchng.com/getting-married-even-when-you-are-broke/
That is what they told a man some around my area, he got married after presure here and there. His wife delievered triplet last week. Tue this week is naming ceremony he has not been able to rase money to discharge his family from hospital,he has been runing around here and there nobody to help him. They advised him to go to office of the first lady when he got there they told him since b.o.k.ohari became president offices of first lady have been closed down in many states in nigeria...last time i saw him i was seeing eyes of a man who wanted to run away. YOU BETTER STAY SINGLE IF YOU CANT AFFORD BASIC NEEDS OF LIFE.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

25 Warning Signs Of A Possible Breakup In Your Relationship / Download Mp3 Messages By Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo On Love, Dating, Marriage, Sex / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.