Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Which One Disgraces You More At In-law’s, A Marwa (keke Napep) Or An Okada? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which One Disgraces You More At In-law’s, A Marwa (keke Napep) Or An Okada? (423 Views)

Man Catches His Wife Cheating In Hotel, Disgraces & Batters Her Publicly (Video) / Prostitute Disgraces Man In Public Over Failure To Pay After Service (pics) / Usman Shagari Disgraces Girls Who Claim They Are His Girlfriends On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Disgraces You More At In-law’s, A Marwa (keke Napep) Or An Okada? by ItuExchange(m): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2016
I like those who earn their livelihood thru honest means, instead of resorting to various forms of crimes and illegal ways of earning money.

Part of those people are motorcycle (okada) and tricycle (keke Marwa) riders. They provide essential services for the public.

Nevertheless, some people hate these transport machines, not to mention being conveyed in them. I remember one young baba alaye, who was living in V.I. some years back. He saw one Keke Napep while driving in his own Toyota car and complained that government has destroyed Nigeria by allowing all sorts of rubbish (like Keke Napep) to be brought into the country.

I remained silent, as I know these Marwa and okada have saved millions of families from hunger and further penury, providing them with means of livelihood when it seems all hope is lost.

To make the matter worse, some people who drive Marwa and Okada see themselves as objects of ridicule. For example, one Okada rider, who was a married man, once told me that if he were an owner of Marwa, he would never take the vehicle to his in-laws, since it would be a disgrace for him. He added that he sometimes felt ashamed to even ride his own okada to his in-laws’. His viewpoint was supported by those around him.

Is this a reality? Are Marwa owners ashamed to take their vehicles to their in-laws? Do okada riders sometimes see themselves as hopeless and worthy of reproach? Are these not noble jobs?

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Which One Disgraces You More At In-law’s, A Marwa (keke Napep) Or An Okada? by cruzita(f): 10:02am On Apr 09, 2016
Blame naija !!! they now feel less of a human being because naija don't appreciate hard work and also no job.
Re: Which One Disgraces You More At In-law’s, A Marwa (keke Napep) Or An Okada? by Fmartin(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2016
Op which one come be maruwa?

I guess u dnt mean 'mai ruwa' Or 'mai moya'

(1) (Reply)

THE MOST ROMANTIC Way To Show Love / Call From Hell To Hell / Happy Birthday To Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.