Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,073 members, 7,956,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? (5230 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave / This Happens When You Marry A Yoruba Man (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by itstpia8: 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
which ladies is the thread for?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 13, 2016
SirShymexx:

*Sobs*

There goes my one and only crush since I've been on NL. And I don't do crushes unless I'm hyperactive and I trying to crush something.

Seriously, Shymexx? How come you've never told me? The ladies' man himself. I find that hard to believe, ya know?

"A proper African guy shouldn't even go anywhere near the kitchen?". You're kidding, right? Right??

-I'm surprised that a man of your calibre doesn't know how to cook and even more surprised that you believe men who can cook are somewhat gay (no "somewhat" because you're pretty much saying they are gay because they can cook) and that a/n [African] man's place isn't the kitchen. Since when did you start holding these archaic beliefs, Shymexx?

-Of course, you are more than capable of learning how to cook and you would be excellent at it, but I think your lack of interest in it is getting in the way.

-Since you don't know how to cook, that means you won't be able to surprise ya girl with breakfast in bed once on a while, then. *Sad face*.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Matthewbriggs:

What about he has no interest in cooking even if he can cook, not because he thinks a man shouldn't be in the kitchen but because he is simply not into kitchen stuff.

Hi Matthew. How are you?

If he can cook but has no interest in "kitchen stuff", then he's eating out most of the time or family members are cooking for him. There's nothing wrong with either of these, especially if one has a busy schedule, but it's not a good idea to become dependent on others making your meals, especially when you're grown. Having family members cook one's meals is safe (the dependency still exists, however) than when restaurants becomes your primary source of meals. Relying on restaurants: eat-ins or take-outs, or store-bought frozen foods that you've to microwave isn't healthy and definitely not pocket-friendly either - if done on a daily or frequent basis. When a man is still a bachelor, he can get away with living like this but before he gets married he ought to know how to cook, just like how the woman should know how to cook; although for a woman, it's a must.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by sisisioge: 7:22am On Apr 13, 2016
grin grin grin

Babes, your question should be directed to the guys. Will they consider marrying or dating women who can't cook? It won't be surprising to see a huge percentage say no, but you would be surprised at the huge percentage that would actually marry the girl who couldn't cook. This is because, when love happens all those checklists get thrown out the window. Set of skills can be learnt...
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2016
Yieldings:

Hi Matthew. How are you?

If he can cook but has no interest in "kitchen stuff", then he's eating out most of the time or family members are cooking for him. There's nothing wrong with either of these, especially if one has a busy schedule, but it's not a good idea to become dependent on others making your meals, especially when you're grown. Having family members cook one's meals is safe (the dependency still exists, however) than when restaurants becomes your primary source of meals. Relying on restaurants: eat-ins or take-outs, or store-bought frozen foods that you've to microwave isn't healthy and definitely not pocket-friendly either - if done on a daily or frequent basis. When a man is still a bachelor, he can get away with living like this but before he gets married he ought to know how to cook, just like how the woman should know how to cook; although for a woman, it's a must.

Very well articulated epistle. I am great, God has been faithful.

But ehnn my dear you have not yet answered my question. Will you marry such a man?

First he can cook very well. But he is not a big fan of cooking meaning in the marriage you will do most of the cooking. Not because he can't cook but because he simply doesn't like it.

The answer is yes or no. cheesy
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
Matthewbriggs:

Very well articulated epistle. I am great, God has been faithful.

But ehnn my dear you have not yet answered my question. Will you marry such a man?

First he can cook very well. But he is not a big fan of cooking meaning in the marriage you will do most of the cooking. Not because he can't cook but because he simply doesn't like it.

The answer is yes or no. cheesy

In this case, yes, I would.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by DaisyII: 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
Cutehector:
no its not, it just shouldn't be a major criteria. Dats wah i'm tryna mean.. cool

If na cook sef, we guys do am pass una

Cutehector,with not more than 3letters of the alphabet,answer the question.Can you cook?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by donbenedict(m): 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
DaisyII:

Cutehector,with not more than 3letters of the alphabet,answer the question.Can you cook?
NO! cool
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
Yieldings:

In this case, yes, I would.

smiley smiley grin grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by DaisyII: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by donbenedict(m): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
DaisyII:
lipsrsealed
wat?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by DaisyII: 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
donbenedict:
wat?
Just in Awe! Goan learn how to do that.Very important!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by donbenedict(m): 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
DaisyII:

Just in Awe! Goan learn how to do that.Very important!
important ko, learn ni... like I have suffered from malnutrition. Look, it's only lazy ladies dat will want to marry a guy who is skilled in cooking.. quote me anywhere. Cutehector says dat!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
Matthewbriggs:

smiley smiley grin grin

Matthew, why're you shining teeth? =p
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Yieldings:

Matthew, why're you shining teeth? =p

We both know why ... tongue grin grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2016
I actually prefer men who cant cook. because they are not choosy.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by CutestNife(f): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
I really don't mind especially since I enjoy cooking a lot. But it wouldn't hurt for my future husband to know how to cook the basics just in case...
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by DaisyII: 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
donbenedict:
important ko, learn ni... like I have suffered from malnutrition. Look, it's only lazy ladies dat will want to marry a guy who is skilled in cooking.. quote me anywhere. Cutehector says dat!

Are we fighting ni??

Okay,if you don't want to....then Don't!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
Matthewbriggs:

We both know why ... tongue grin grin

tongue
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by missyQween(f): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Well....I don't care... But if he can cook... Then no problem
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
doveda:

The man is usually the head of the family and it is important for kids to be Muslims. The practice of Islam is also well defined. I don't think it would be easy for a practising muslimah

Personally, I can't o. Unleess he has converted to Islam before I met him.

Why would he have to convert to Islam? How about you converting to his faith, or even better, retain both your faiths, and blend them?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by sarutobie(m): 8:26am On Apr 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Someone clap for this virtuous African queen. cool

Most guys that can cook are moist and somewhat gay...a proper African guy shouldn't even go anywhere near the kitchen. wink

I hate kitchen/cooking with a passion. Tried a few times and all my pots are as black as Akon. Apart from cereal and microwave food (oven food sometimes), the kitchen ain't for me.

Too black for that shyte. grin
there is nothing remotely true about this post..

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by doveda: 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Siena:

Why would he have to convert to Islam? How about you converting to his faith, or even better, retain both your faiths, and blend them?
I wouldn't want a guy to convert to Islam just to marry me o. I can't allow it.

I can't convert. I love my religion too much grin

I can't marry a Christian. My religion is against it and as a practising muslim, he might find something annoying or restrictive.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? by peacengine(m): 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Na me cook this one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples / Married Women Hear Me Out Today: / What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.