Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) (25317 Views)

Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by billyG(m): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:
[size=13pt] This is an example of missplaced priority...why build a lagos to calabar rail when even 20% of that money can be used to build a world class port in calabar and port harcourt..who want to travel from lag to calabar on a train....or of what do you hope to bring into calabar from lagos that cannot be brought in through the sea.
The yoruba oligarchy have decided to ensure that the south south never get a port so that people will not leave lagos and the innefectual buffon after 6yrs in power could not even build one port in his home region.
The only way for igbos to leave lagos is to build a port in the south south,complete the onitsha inland port and all industries in lagos will move with it and lagos shall cease to be no mans land and go back to the binis or yorubas and it will join the degeneracy of the rest of the waste..

[/size]
Ye south east 4got u are just 5% if u want all those,then increase yur votes to 20% that iz when u hav bargaining power.right now u hav no say,u cnt say pmb giv us this!giv us that!remember we deliver our region 2 u oo!
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Leke001: 10:01am On Apr 11, 2016
hardywaltz:
PDP will choke

what kind of infants with android phones make comments onNL...we're talking serious issues of national concern and u're mentioning PDP,u well so?
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by dklex(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2016
ashjay001:

U wish!

Since u seem ignorant, Calabar n PH do have working ports. Infact, Calabar was once Nigeria's state capital.

And since u sound simple minded, rail transport generally is cheaper, more efficient and less prone to accidents compared to road transport. And d rail is to open up d hinterlands, after-all d rail will have stops in most towns it passes thru. Also, should there be high speed passenger rail, u can even work in PH, yet stay in Owerri.

Simple as ABC

God bless u sir.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Kessyy2k4(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2016
moyinoluwabun:
Hon Abdulmumin Jibrin still claim on channels TV sunrise daily dis morning that Amaechi never defended it and neither was it in d budget. D guy codedly insulted Amaechi.
dont mind d idiot so called Hon. he wasn't there wen Amarchi defended the lagos-calabar project, yet he claimed the miraclous disappearance in the budget.

botton line....NASS are the real saboteurs, there personal interest supercid the masses suffering

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by billyG(m): 10:08am On Apr 11, 2016
PDP senators frm d SS & SE look d other way when Lagos-calabar railway line was Removes frm d budget anything that will make nothing 2 work for d Apc govt. is welcome by them,they even support d removal of community commission frm PIB,cutting d Nose 2 spite d face!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by drnoel: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:
[size=13pt] This is an example of missplaced priority...why build a lagos to calabar rail when even 20% of that money can be used to build a world class port in calabar and port harcourt..who want to travel from lag to calabar on a train....or of what do you hope to bring into calabar from lagos that cannot be brought in through the sea.
The yoruba oligarchy have decided to ensure that the south south never get a port so that people will not leave lagos and the innefectual buffon after 6yrs in power could not even build one port in his home region.
The only way for igbos to leave lagos is to build a port in the south south,complete the onitsha inland port and all industries in lagos will move with it and lagos shall cease to be no mans land and go back to the binis or yorubas and it will join the degeneracy of the rest of the waste..

[/size]

What of stuffs coming from calabar to lagos? I ask you this, why cant we have both port and rail?
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by billyG(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2016
drnoel:

What of stuffs coming from calabar to lagos? I ask you this, why cant we have both port and rail?
We hv calabar & PH ports already,It just 2 let it work.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by dondo83(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

Rather than wait for manna from the fg do u know the governors of that zone can do a joint project and build the sea port? it will be an additional internally generated revenue source for them , but no they wont do that but rather cry of marginalisation
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by sonature1: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

Ooh, say what you know! PH and Calabar have ports but importers prefer using Lagos ports because of the huge market created in Lagos as a result of population. I remember GEJ once saying that even after waiver has been granted to importers to use Calabar and Warri Ports they still prefer Lagos ports.

Always be sure before saying anything on social network so that you don't deceive people

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by ehinja: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

The last time I check from Lagos to Calabar except by air one must pass through several states: Ondo, Edo, Delta, Imo, Rivers, Akwa ibom.
It is a laudable project given the potential it has to boost connectivity of goods and persons and reducing eventual cost of commodities and transportation.
If we must grow as a country accessibility is key and no government worth its talk should think otherwise.

http://www.total-facts-about-nigeria.com/image-files/537x484xnigerian-map.jpg.pagespeed.ic.L4jG_bT0mQ.jpg

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by billyG(m): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2016
This is Injustice!I advice Wike to lead a protest to NASS.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Oz4realsss: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2016
omenka:
What a shame.

All what we are witnessing today is just PDP laying the groundwork for 2019 blackmails and propaganda.

They'd rather have any good federal project sited in their dominated areas withdrawn so as to make the government look bad and give credence to their preferred mode of politicking- division along ethnic and religious lines.

Honestly, I feel some people simply need to be eliminated for us to move forward in this country. This is just appalling!!
I honestly think that your argument lacks every sense of rational and critical analysis.

All the information provided in your supporting paragraphs can best be described as guesses devoid of substantiated facts. If they are verifiable, can you tell us those who have removed the purported project in order to give a dog a bad name? Don't you also think It is better to have accurate information before pointing accusing fingers?

By your skewed analysis and submission, you need not look further to know whom to eliminate for the progress of our country. Propaganda can never give birth to prosperity.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by sLentlover7778(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2016
Hope say dem go grant am visa? I pray make the interview no too hard for am to answer.

francisbiz:

He is at the Nigerian embassy in China to apply for visa to Nigeria
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

Rail lines don't only carry produce they create and sustain communities, reducing urban drift and opening the country to development.
Assuming that harbours are built as a first priority in Calabar, how will the end product be distributed around Nigeria. Or are you expecting importers to bring goods in for relatively speaking small markets? At 25mn people and growing Lagos is the hub of Trade/Commerce in nigeria and the connection via Republic of Benin to West African markets. Youve got to start somewhere to get traction.

No country in the world has developed without a decent rail network.

Let's leave tribalism and conspiracy theories out of this. They are roads that lead nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by AMINDA: 10:31am On Apr 11, 2016
slap1:
Lying liars can we see a video clip?
Check the homepage, you'll see a thread showing the video clip. How does this make you feel now?
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Oz4realsss: 10:31am On Apr 11, 2016
truthalways:

You are yarning balls

Do you think this train will just go from Lagos to Calabar straight?

Do you know how many states it would go through before getting to Calabar?

Do you know how many states will benefit from this rail?

Do you know that transportation by rail carries lots of goods and is quite secure?

Try to always think before commenting angry

Must it terminate at Lagos before these States would benefit from it?
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by KruggerINC(m): 10:34am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

Pls correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the warri and Onne ports located in the south south?
2. a calabar -LAGOS railway line would be one of the best things to happen to trade in the southern region as a whole.
let me give you a first hand example....I live in LAGOS right?so last year I go in search of Palm oil in cross rivers state....I hear cross rivers produces great Palm oil.....and so I locate some fantastic sweet smelling hand milled Palm oil in large quantity....I bring 30litres of this Palm oil to LAGOS and everyone I give a sample falls in love with it and wants more in large quantities.....I do my homework and discover that the cost of transporting that oil to LAGOS is astronomical thereby making it impossible to venture Into that business.Iwished there was a railway line from calabar to Lagos......on my trip I also met lots of people who come to Lagos to buy things which they sell in calabar.....My brother I for one would travel that route by rail .Its sad that such a valuable route was scrapped off the budget

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by atuanso: 10:38am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

because the average yoruba man is a crook whose sole interest is to make lagos center of all business activities in the country. not minding the rest of the country. have you wonder why warri ports is dead.. yet theirs is all sort of trafficks n delays in lagos apapa port?.

this cabals are not interested in even development, rather make lagos central of all commercial activities.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by atuanso: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=atuanso post=44600203]

because the average yoruba man is a crook whose sole interest is to make lagos center of all business activities_not minding the rest of the country. have you wonder why warri ports is dead? yet lagos has all sort of traffics n delays in Lagos apapa port?.

this cabals are not interested in even development, rather make lagos central of all commercial activities. any project that does not fester these agenda is not worth sponsoring.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by udopeter12: 10:49am On Apr 11, 2016
I MUST SAY THAT THIS IS A CLEAR DIGRESSION OF WHAT WE SHOULD ACTUALLY BE TALKING ABOUT , HOW CA WE MAJOR ON THE MINOR, AND MINOR ON THE MAJOR THIS A CCLEAR PICTURE OF WHAT MISPLACEMENT OF PRIORITIES TRULEY IS . I TRUELY SHAKE MY HEAD REALLY HARD FRO THIS PRESENT GOVERNMENT.
WHICH SCANDAL HAVE WE NOT HEARD COME TO THINK OF IT THAT RAIL WAY THAT AMAECHI CLAIMS THAT HE DEFENDED AT THE FLOOR OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY IS IT REALY THAT IMPORTANNT TO OTHER IMPENDING PERIL THAT NIGERIANS ARE FACING THAT ALSO NEED IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.
THE APC GOVERNMENT HAS TOTTALLY FAILED NIGERIANS THE CHANGE MANTRA IS A MERE JAMBOREE AND LIKE A STORY TOLD CHILDREN DURING MOOONLIGHT
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by wirinet(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

It is beyond belief that an educated person wrote the absurd. It is even more horrendous that 50 people like the post. Is the OP telling us that the Igbo's would be perpetual importers of finished goods from other countries . Even if the igbos are consigned to trading other people's goods, how do you distribute the goods to other parts of Nigeria?
The main cause of our socio economic problem is lack of production and trading opportunities between the various regions in Nigeria due to lack of railways and very poor road networks. Farmers in the north are unable to get their produce to markets in the south where they are needed. Most farm produce produced in the north get spoilt, while people in the south pay exorbitant prices for the few that get to the markets through bad roads. The reverse is the case for manufactured goods produced or imported from the south, the become very expensive by the time they get to the north.

When the British came to Nigeria , the first thing they build was a rail network connecting all agricultural and rescource centres to port Harcourt. Before the US embarked on industrialization, the whole country was involved in building the railway system. But here, some people are against building an effective railway system for the whole country.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Richydos(m): 11:09am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote au
Lolzzzz... He will revisit Nigeria when he his back from eating flying n creeping stuffs in China... N when he's back there might b the need to visit Congo Cox he hasn't eaten em food n then he will revisit Nigeria n also go to hmmmm maybe Burundi or Chile..... N they will tell u he's travelling for d good of Nigeria when he cannot even handle d internal problems 1st...4rm delays of Ministerial appointment all in d claim of appointing credible ministers.... D so called credible Amaechi actions in Port Harcourt is just a tip of so many nonsense in his so called ministers...... N now itz delayed budget... When it's finally passed maybe it's gonna be CBN delaying money....... No sense in all these APC nonsense
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Goldenheart007: 11:09am On Apr 11, 2016
everyone is trying to protect the interest of his ministry,or the interest of his people.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

I dont agree with u, If the south south people were united , like their countreparts in the west and north the project would have seen the light of day.

This mentality of I better pass you has been the bane of development in the area, they never unite for a common cause, this will and continue to be their downfall.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by omotayo9665: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2016
Is buhari a travelling agent.Who are this people fooling
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 11, 2016
omenka:
What a shame.

All what we are witnessing today is just PDP laying the groundwork for 2019 blackmails and propaganda.

They'd rather have any good federal project sited in their dominated areas withdrawn so as to make the government look bad and give credence to their preferred mode of politicking- division along ethnic and religious lines.

Honestly, I feel some people simply need to be eliminated for us to move forward in this country. This is just appalling!!

Wailer!!!
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 11, 2016
themosthigh:

[/size]

You derailed when you mentioned some 'Yoruba oligarchy'. Are the Yorubas the only ones in the NA? Are the Yorubas the ones governing the SE/SS regions? Are the Yorubas your senators, reps and LGA chairmen and councillors? These are the people who perpetually put you in bondage, but unfortunately for you and your goons, you always fail to see the bigger picture and would rather resort to finger-pointing; all because of unexplainable hatred, fear, inferiority complex, ethnicity, bigotry and lack of common sense!

Pray tell, why is it the Yorubas the ones shouting to the rooftops concerning this all important project that would positively affect the economy of the South in general? For the clueless like you, the reason is because the Yorubas are no neophytes when it comes to demanding accountability even from their own. They see the bigger picture far beyond your parochial interest. They believe that regardless of our differences in political and ethnic interest, a collective effort is needed to develop the nation as the people are the ultimate gainers.

Remove that ethnicity gab from your eyes. It is blinding out some common sense!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by omotayo9665: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2016
It has now shown we are been govern by confused people..Now i need no one to tell me buhari is a failure.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by PEROSKY12: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2016
If AMAECHI is serious and capable why is it missing from the original BUDGET? I believe Buhari and people working for him are liars, the budget started having problem from the first day it was sent to the NASS. for how long will this government continue to delay, all they do very fast is to attack PDP and and their enemies, they have no solution on how to improve the situation on the ground. Amaechi messed up rivers state before leaving and he still want to do the same at the federal level. It won't happen.
Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by EffiongPBassey(f): 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nigerians are yet to understand why the lots of Cascading and discrepancies in the 2016 Budget is still on......Could this be a sign of Bugaboo to run the country affairs adequately and competently, or is it the Braggadocio nature of the APC administration and lack of Alacrit that is affecting the budget?....This has become very imperative that the Nigerian budget should not be seen as a Lampoon by the way it is been mishandled by APC administration....Amaechi defenses towards the Lagos-Calabar project in the budget is obviously Mephistophelean, towards the entire people of south-south as a whole..... whereby not allowing the south-south their right to witness and be part of the development that would take place within their country...... This case should be dismiss as being foolish or impractical of APC lead administration in Nigerian......Change Fire.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
truthspeaks:
grin. Dis week's match_up will be buhari vs national assembly. Lookin forward 2 an interesting week

The Baba don run leave una with una wahalla. Heard he will spend 7days in China, on a phone charging agenda.... angry angry>.
Budget will be alright...till the master returns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fatima Yelwa Goje Buried As Saraki, Others Attend (Photos) / Garba Shehu Blasts Enyinnaya Abaribe For Asking President Buhari To Resign / Bandits Impose ₦‎2Million Levy On Zamfara Communities, 200k At Each Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.