Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" (5598 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Christmas Outfit (Photo) / SARS Officials Attached To Amaechi Attack Governor Wike's Convoy(pics) / Reno Omokri To Amaechi: "You Are A Decorated Monkey, Only Loyal To Your Stomach" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by Elose11(m): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2016
" I repeat, the Calabar-Lagos rail line was never in any versions of the 2016 budget. And we have told Amaechi, to produce his version of the budget; the line and head that captured the Calabar-Lagos rail line. This is the third day, and he is still looking for it. There were a lot of errors in the budget which we fixed. For instance, the appropriation for the EFCC building was increased from N1 billion to N6 billion Naira. The East-West road was technically abandoned, and we increased funding for it. How can Amaechi be ranting, that he single handedly sponsored Mr. President. Is that what the budget means to him? He said he is diligent, and not corrupt, yet his ministry's budget was over blown by N54 billion Naira.
Nigerians should stand with the National Assembly, and stop anyone who wants to pitch the National Assembly against the President. We did a good job! "
-----Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin (Chairman, Appropriation Committee-- Speaking to newsmen in Abuja)

3 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by megagideon(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2016
Those days are nigh. When Ameachi will bite his fingers and say "had I known".

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by teadrake(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2016
8th Assembly, Nigerians should be the one to decide if truly you've done a good job not this ranting about a job well done that keeps stirring a lot controversy between executive and legislators.
If the Rail contract was included in the original budget presented by PMB and a senator claimed Amaechi defended that part when called upon to defend, please who is fooling who?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by odikimi: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2016
teadrake:
8th Assembly, Nigerians should be the one to decide if truly you've done a good job not this ranting about a job well done that keeps stirring a lot controversy between executive and legislators.
If the Rail contract was included in the original budget presented by PMB and a senator claimed Amaechi defended that part when called upon to defend, please who is fooling who?
pls with due respect, I think u lack understanding. Senator Ashafa never said it was included, but Amaechi brought it up during the committee stage when he was called upon to defend his ministry's budget. Amaechi under our law can't bring new issues up that the president didn't include, the best thing would've been total withdrawal of the budget but you guys berated Fayose when he suggested that

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by teadrake(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2016
odikimi:

pls with due respect, I think u lack understanding. Senator Ashafa never said it was included, but Amaechi brought it up during the committee stage when he was called upon to defend his ministry's budget. Amaechi under our law can't bring new issues up that the president didn't include, the best thing would've been total withdrawal of the budget but you guys berated Fayose when he suggested that
With respect, perhaps you missed the part when senator Ashafa claimed Amaechi admitted to the fact that the rail contract was listed out of error,and he(Amaechi) being the head of the ministry Informed the senate committee and even submitted a supplementary one to corroborate the inclusion.So,what are we saying?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by odikimi: 11:45am On Apr 12, 2016
teadrake:

With respect, perhaps you missed the part when senator Ashafa claimed Amaechi admitted to the fact that the rail contract was listed out of error,and he(Amaechi) being the head of the ministry Informed the senate committee and even submitted a supplementary one to corroborate the inclusion.So,what are we saying?
I ask again, under our law who is empowered to submit supplementary budget, the minister can not bring up a supplementary budget on his own, it must be from the president.
Senator Ashafa submitted the supplementary budget which Amaechi included but it was removed by the Appropriation committee because it was against the law. If Buhari really want to include it, he should submit a supplementary budget. u guys should stop being deceived by ds people.
they are using your heard. what is d big deal here for submitting a supplementary budget if they really want to do it?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by funlord(m): 11:50am On Apr 12, 2016
sad
Elose11:
" I repeat, the Calabar-Lagos rail line was never in any versions of the 2016 budget. And we have told Amaechi, to produce his version of the budget; the line and head that captured the Calabar-Lagos rail line. This is the third day, and he is still looking for it. There were a lot of errors in the budget which we fixed. For instance, the appropriation for the EFCC building was increased from N1 billion to N6 billion Naira. The East-West road was technically abandoned, and we increased funding for it. How can Amaechi be ranting, that he single handedly sponsored Mr. President. Is that what the budget means to him? He said he is diligent, and not corrupt, yet his ministry's budget was over blown by N54 billion Naira.
Nigerians should stand with the National Assembly, and stop anyone who wants to pitch the National Assembly against the President. We did a good job! "
-----Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin (Chairman, Appropriation Committee-- Speaking to newsmen in Abuja)

I am waiting to read where any of the nass members said "amaechi you are very corrupt".....and by the way, did your source go to the toilet? Where him dey?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by mymoneygrows(f): 11:51am On Apr 12, 2016
Nass abeg put Ameachi chop money for the budget o because he single handedly sponsored the president

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by amtaken(f): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2016
Amechi is one of the nemesis of this country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2016
Wike can now sleep while Amaechi takes his nzuzu to national stage.

The God of Wike fight my battle

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by 9jatriot(m): 11:56am On Apr 12, 2016
A man is fighting for a major project and all you can see is Wike vs Amaechi

Let the God of justice fight this battle then.

PROVACATEUR:
Wike can now sleep while Amaechi takes his nzuzu to national stage.

The God of Wike fight my battle

3 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2016
Elose11:

Don't you all agree that this word Technically is an operational word in this regime?

4 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2016
9jatriot:
A man is fighting for a major project and all you can see is Wike vs Amaechi

Let the God of justice fight this battle then.

stop sounding hollow. Why did buhari not add it during his budget presentation? Stop being taken for a ride.

Its noon already don't smell the coffee go and take lunch

5 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by aresa: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
odikimi:

I ask again, under our law who is empowered to submit supplementary budget, the minister can not bring up a supplementary budget on his own, it must be from the president.
Senator Ashafa submitted the supplementary budget which Amaechi included but it was removed by the Appropriation committee because it was against the law. If Buhari really want to include it, he should submit a supplementary budget. u guys should stop being deceived by ds people.
they are using your heard. what is d big deal here for submitting a supplementary budget if they really want to do it?

You are wrong, the minister and even government agencies can submit suplementals to the Congress directly. This is why he was there to defend his budget and supplemental instead of the president.

Stop quoting kabukabu law..

2 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by 0nyegame(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
So una no know before...ndi ara
Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by henrysam(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
I can see why people fail exams with these comments I am reading here.
Ameachi used the back door to smuggle the lagos/ calabar rail budget which was not part of what the president submitted to the NASS
If this is how every other ministers are behaving would we need the president to submit budget to NASS again
Ashafa here displayed his ineptitude but I won't blame him. It's what they are told at the top that they say without minding their names and how unreasonable they sound
We tagged them gullible and they have not refuted it

4 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by 9jatriot(m): 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
And Buhari not adding it to the budget is a victory for Wike??

PROVACATEUR:
stop sounding hollow. Why did buhari not add it during his budget presentation? Stop being taken for a ride.

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by teadrake(m): 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
odikimi:

Lest we forget it was the ex finance minister Dr Okonjo that participated mostly(Both the Reading of the budget and defence) in the 2014 budget under the previous administration? And now you possibly think is against the law for a minister to submit a supplementary budget under the backing of the executive of his ministry?

1 Like

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by teadrake(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
aresa:

You are wrong, the minister and even government agencies can submit suplementals to the Congress directly. This is why he was there to defend his budget and supplemental instead of the president.

Stop quoting kabukabu law..
God bless you my brother

1 Like

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by henrysam(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
PROVACATEUR:

Does buhari know what budget is all about.
The man na GIGO
Garbage in garbage out.
A padded budget was prepared for him he did not give to his advisers for proper vetting he rushed to NASS and submit it.
We are on auto pilot now my people let's bear it until when it last

4 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by henrysam(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
PROVACATEUR:

Does buhari know what budget is all about.
The man na GIGO
Garbage in garbage out.
A padded budget was prepared for him he did not give to his advisers for proper vetting he rushed to NASS and submit it.
We are on auto pilot now my people let's bear it till it lasts

1 Like

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by JANK23H(m): 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
Elose11:
" How can Amaechi be ranting, that he single handedly sponsored Mr. President. Is that what the budget means to him? "
This comment here is deep.

4 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
9jatriot:
And Buhari not adding it to the budget is a victory for Wike??

go and learn the meaning of nzuzu from my original post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by 9jatriot(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Tell me the meaning. I can hazer a guess that it means "madness" in the context it was used though. But is his "nzuzu" not for the benefit and development of those who have maligned him?
PROVACATEUR:
go and learn the meaning of nzuzu from my original post
Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
9jatriot:
Tell me the meaning. I can hazer a guess that it means "madness" in the context it was used though. But is his "nzuzu" not for the benefit and development of those who have maligned him?
Amaechi is a noisemakers and a troublemaker who derives peace from chaos and brickbats. When he was in Rivers some weeks ago we saw the level of chaos he brought with him.

Wike was complaining then but a lot of people turned blind eyes to it but today he has taken his nzuzu to NASS by crying wolf when there is none.

I will be very happy if the rail line is constructed but do you want to tell me that the whole Southern senators allowed for its removal when buhari didn't present it in the first place.

Amaechi really acted like a fool for bringing the rail project to defend while it wasn't captured in the original budget.

Amaechi should stop taking us for a ride because we ve not forgotten how he cancelled the Maritime University

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
odikimi:

Amaechi did not bring budget

The Minister for Budget and Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, told our reporter at the weekend that the government included the project (Lagos-Calabar) in the 'amended budget' and passed it to the Standing Committees of the Senate and the House of Representatives.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/11/lagos-calabar-rail-project-new-controversy-between-arms-nigerian-government-over-2016

He presented a supplementary (Making up for a deficiency) budget for the defence. Not a new budget.

Sen. Udoma Udo sent the amended budget to the Senate and the Lagos-Calabar Railway project was in the amended budget.
Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Amaechi is a noisemakers and a troublemaker who derives peace from chaos and brickbats. When he was in Rivers some weeks ago we saw the level of chaos he brought with him.

Wike was complaining then but a lot of people turned blind eyes to it but today he has taken his nzuzu to NASS by crying wolf when there is none.

I will be very happy if the rail line is constructed but do you want to tell me that the whole Southern senators allowed for its removal when buhari didn't present it in the first place.

Amaechi really acted like a fool for bringing the rail project to defend while it wasn't captured in the original budget.

Amaechi should stop taking us for a ride because we ve not forgotten how he cancelled the Maritime University

Amaechi did not cancel the Maritime University. He is going to expand the Maritime Academy in Oron to achieve the same purpose hence we have limited funds.

Are you saying Oron is no more Niger Delta and Amaechi providing a Maritime University in Oron is rubbing the Niger Delta.

Where were your Senators when Hon. Jibrin decided to divert N92 Billion to do the Lagos-Kano Rail Project and abandoning ours.

Be honest to yourself, without Amaechi, this Railway project will die and we will scream marginalization.

Even Sen. Ben Bruce Tweeted that it was not in the budget. Take is, he is defending Hon. Jibrin diverting funds appropriated by the Senate Committee on Land Transports for Lagos-Calabar Railway project to the North.

Is that the kind of person that will fight for our Railway?
Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by blazetitov: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
Here is the text message @AbdulAbmJ sent to Appropriations Committee members apologizing for excluding them. The House of Reps chairman on appropriation has a case to answer. He is the corrupt one. It was said that he hired expatriates to work on the budget.

2 Likes

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by 9jatriot(m): 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
You did not confirm if I was correct about the nzuzu thing.

As per the bolded, yes. How come the Southern Senators did not raise any dust asking why the Lagos-Calabar rail project was not in the project despite Amaechi talking about it at every opportunity. This link here will show you that the projects are a pair (https://www.nairaland.com/2944174/fg-spend-120billion-lagos-calabar-kano-rail#44598007). It is dated February 19th. So if the southern Senators noticed that Buhari and Amaechi short charged them and did not include, why was there no outcry. At least the twitter senator could have told us about it. I will exempt senators from Rivers from this because they were fighting for their election at that time, but what about the others?
You have to agree with me here that the northern senators did a better job of representing their people. I can sense that you don't like Amaechi but in this case use your enemies to get what you want. Amaechi will leave there one day and an opportunity would have been lost. A railway will last more than a 100 yrs. If you guys do not want Amaechi to claim the glory, I can assure you that in 10 yrs time very few people will remember that he was the Transport minister.
PROVACATEUR:

1 Like

Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by magicalx(m): 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ameachi you don't have any plan whatsoever for the Nigerdelta, you are ridiculing yourself at the National Stage,shame on you for always being in the midst of any conflict...
Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
Amaechi and confusion is like B & B.......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nass To Amaechi: "You Are Very Corrupt!" by ddippset(m): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
chibuike rotimi Amaechi. Nigeria's most hated man and Nigeria's most loved man. The man divides opinions like a divider.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All The Ladies Come See Governor Oshiomole's Anaconda.- Photo / The Situation In Yorubaland / Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.