Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi (36283 Views)

Rivers Is Not Edo, Oraye Tells Amaechi / Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators / Ogundamasi Blast BenBruce,Tinubu:U're Asleep When Calabar-Lagos Rail Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by dokunbam(m): 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
PDP

SMH

They just want to finish this country
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Esperooke(m): 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
Now I understand why the North gets the better share in Nigeria largesse. Whenever it is the time to share 'bread', they bury whatever might be their differences, and fight for it on the table of brotherhood. But for the South-East and South South, the reverse is the case. And, when the chips are down, they resort into wailing, chanting marginalization. They never knew their worst enemy is, themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by ddippset(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=searchng4love post=44649573][/quote]I tell you solemnly : your IQ is a midget. I tell you solemnly!
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Obuah said “I am happy that Amaechi has carried his antics of setting brother against brother to the very Senate that screened and confirmed his ministerial appointment.

When will this people realize that this is politics, not sharing family land.

This alone proves why Amaechi is hated. Not because GEJ was better, but because he was our brother.

I think the same thing is applicable to Northerners
Very soon the tenure will be over he will return to his people
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
modath:

Seen a viral screenshot of Jibrin's text message apologising to committee members for "forgetting to get back" to them about the content of the budget sent back to the executives...

4bn was slashed from Ministry of Health's budget & added to CCB's budget...

Funds for Vaccines for very sick & vulnerable people & to protect children from infant mortality was given to CCB... even unrepentant haters of Nigeria & good tidings will find it hard to defend this travesty.

You guys, Hate Amaechi. Time will tell who you are doing.
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by rusher14: 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
Time to march against Saraki.

His time is up.

It is already being organised.

Tampering with our constitution to suit his personal gains is treasonable.

SARAKI OUT!!!

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
lanrema:

I think the same thing is applicable to Northerners
Very soon the tenure will be over he will return to his people

During the 2011 elections, I remember a certain GEJ winning more northern votes than PMB.
fast-forward 2015, what is the ratio of wins PMB:GEJ in the north, compared to GEJ:PMB in the south east South South Geo political zones, given that the west was tied.
Come back and tell me which region voted with more sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ohammadike:
This post is full of sarcasm Amaechi is a divisive politician
very few nigerians understand sarcasm.. I'm glad you're one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by mudiana(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
somebody put project down una remove am, who una EPP? shey d calabar - Lagos rail won't be beneficial to a lot of us? Bad belle too plenty for Naija. too em we are like games but thank God all man must die.
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by searchng4love: 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
ddippset:
I tell you solemnly : My IQ is a midget. I tell you solemnly!

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
Good work of sarcasm by PDP Rivers.

3 Likes

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by fejicruz(m): 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
Who your care don help?
IRserveMyComent:
undecided who cares? who cares?
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 12, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

During the 2011 elections, I remember a certain GEJ winning more northern votes than PMB.
fast-forward 2015, what is the ratio of wins PMB:GEJ in the north, compared to GEJ:PMB in the south east South South Geo political zones, given that the west was tied.
Come back and tell me which region voted with more sentiment.

GEJ lost election on this two weaknesess
1. Allowing five party serving governor to defect
2. Inability to control his home and cabinet the North would av voted for him the second timebecause he was loyal to his late boss

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by ODUBEZE: 11:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lordtrillion:
shocked shocked
Lol grin grin
lol×100% yeye ppu.
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Pavarottii(m): 11:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
Aufbauh:
Rt Hon Rotimi Chubuike Ameachi's matter giving the PDP sleepless night since March 29th 2015.

Again i ask, why this much bitterness and anger for Ameachi? Did he killed the former president GEJ? Did he 'Kanorize' the election against the 'Egbesu riverine results meant to defend the Fortunato?

Politics is an interest and not necessarily brotherliness, for there is a friend that is much closer than a brother.

Ameachi has chosen a path he considered more honourable and befitting so they should free the Honourable Minister.
Is like u didn't read the post, that ended with, PLEASE LET AMEACHI BE. Nobody is fighting him, he is the one running wen no one is chasing him(conscience).

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Pavarottii(m): 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
Godbest:
lol
PDP you guys wasted 16 good year, That should have turn Nigeria to Singapore. Now you are crying like bee

Abeg leave APC alone. Let them be.
Zombie, Ameachi 8years speaker in d house of assembly Rivers(PDP); 7years governor(PDP). So ameachi also destroyed Naija den?

Waiting 4 ur response.

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Pavarottii(m): 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
dokunbam:
PDP

SMH

I can see PDP is ur headache; even after they av left the centre 4 almost a year.tell me how they want to finish dis country?

My brother, PDP is not ur prob. Only you know ur problem. God help u find and solve ur problem.

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
lanrema:

GEJ lost election on this two weaknesess
1. Allowing five party serving governor to defect
2. Inability to control his home and cabinet the North would av voted for him the second timebecause he was loyal to his late boss

Not just two.
He hobnobbed with known criminal elements.
Inability to implement The PIB.
VERY UNPRESIDENTIAL
He was a good man, but easily influenced.
In fact I think he might have had skeletons in his cupboard and was being blackmailed.

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lagos-Calabar Rail Project: New Controversy Between Arms Of Nigerian Government Over 2016 Budget

SaharaReporters spoke to several players in the controversy and discovered that the federal government did not initially include the project in the budget proposals.

The Minister for Budget and Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, told our reporter at the weekend that the government included the project in the 'amended budget' and passed it to the Standing Committees of the Senate and the House of Representatives.

Also, a presidency source who did not want to be named said after the federal government had included Lagos-Calabar in its proposal, the Minister of Transport Rotimi Amaechi was sent to meet with the Senate Committees on Land Transport and Appropriations.

The Senate Committee on Land Transportation is headed by Gbenga Ashafa from Ogun State while Senator Danjuma Goje heads the Committee on Appropriations.

Mr. Goje was said to have been lukewarm towards the rail project, asking instead to meet Amaechi privately at home. It was not clear if he eventually met with Amaechi.

The House chairman on Appropriations, Jibrin Abdulmunin told SaharaReporters emphatically that the federal government did not include Lagos-Calabar rail in 2016 budget, and that he found himself saddled with handling the final outcome of the budget appropriations after the standing committees handed their recommendations to him.

He asserted that neither the Goje-led Senate Appropriations Committee nor Senator Ashafa’s Committee on Land Transportation sent any recommendations to his committee to include the Lagos-Calabar rail in the budget. In tweets in response to claims by members of the federal executive that National Assembly deliberately removed the project from the budget, Jibrin stated that they “found N54b floating” in the Ministry of Transportation budget and decided to allocate it to Lagos-Kano rail, an airport security project, and the rest given to the Baro Inland Port project in Niger state.

Also at the weekend, the Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara, released a series of text messages apparently targeted at Saharareporters affirming that the executive did not include the Lagos-Calabar rail in the budget.

Further investigations by SaharaReporters however showed that the Standing Committees did receive an amended budget that included the project.

Senator Gbenga Ashafa who initially sent his legislative aide to brief SaharaReporters later spoke to us by phone confirming that the Senate Committees received an amended budget asking to have the Lagos-Calabar Railway rail included in the budget. He said he even jokingly asked where the Lagos end would terminate.

The Senator later issued a press statement in which he affirmed what he had earlier told SaharaReporters.

In the course of our investigations, we subsequently obtained a text message sent by Abdulmunin Jubril, the House of Representatives Chairman on Appropriations, in which he provided an update to leaders of all the Standing Committee leaders, and asking them to stand by him in case the executive fought back because he had included and removed some items from the budget.

https://www.nairaland.com/3045415/lagos-calabar-railway-project-controversy-threatens
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Reference(m): 12:09am On Apr 13, 2016
Just dunno what to think. Everywhere you look in this country, nothing but problems....
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Charly68: 12:16am On Apr 13, 2016
They Better keep quiet rather than messing up themselves in the public..these people live for now ..no vision at all.

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17am On Apr 13, 2016
In the course of our investigations, we subsequently obtained a text message sent by Abdulmunin Jubril, the House of Representatives Chairman on Appropriations, in which he provided an update to leaders of all the Standing Committee leaders, and asking them to stand by him in case the executive fought back because he had included and removed some items from the budget... Saharareporters

https://www.nairaland.com/3045415/lagos-calabar-railway-project-controversy-threatens
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20am On Apr 13, 2016
At least, people can see what I live with in Rivers State.

There are a lot of confused people who are ready to drown the State because of their Our Brother Lost Mentality.

I salute all the South South people who put the Betterment of their people ahead of "Our Brother Lost Mentality." You guys rock.
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by poseidon12: 12:27am On Apr 13, 2016
Kyase:

Unity + common goal x nawaooo= wonders shall not end....
Thunder fire somebody sha

They are not really supporting him. Rather, they are being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by poseidon12: 12:29am On Apr 13, 2016
AntiWailer:
they will still align despite the mockery.

the eediots who died , died for free.

nobody should put his life at risk for crumbs of bread from politicians.

they know au to settle it.

They are not aligning. They are being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by mekonglobal(m): 2:14am On Apr 13, 2016
Kyase:
Unity + common goal x nawaooo= wonders shall not end.... Thunder fire somebody sha
Na who d thunder wan fire? Pls choose the available options A....Buhari. B...Amaechi. C...The NASS. D...Devil.
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by tit(f): 2:59am On Apr 13, 2016
dokunbam:
PDP

SMH

pdp has not even started.
amechi the trojan horse.
just Seriki, and Amaechi and you people are crying like this?
what of when tambuwal, Atiku, nyarko, abbe, ngige, kwankwaso, oyinlola and audu ogbeh open up?
you no go pick race?
there are devul in pdp that enter apc to join devul like tinubu and osinbade

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Enyimbamercedes: 5:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Godbest:
lol
PDP you guys wasted 16 good year, That should have turn Nigeria to Singapore. Now you are crying like bee

Abeg leave APC alone. Let them be.

Another 16 year warrior! So you want to be Singaporean now. Don't worry with this loan coming from China, you'll be Chinese by 2019

1 Like

Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by Hilaskee(m): 5:40am On Apr 13, 2016
Aufbauh:
Rt Hon Rotimi Chubuike Ameachi's matter giving the PDP sleepless night since March 29th 2015.

Again i ask, why this much bitterness and anger for Ameachi? Did he killed the former president GEJ? Did he 'Kanorize' the election against the 'Egbesu riverine results meant to defend the Fortunato?

Politics is an interest and not necessarily brotherliness, for there is a friend that is much closer than a brother.

Ameachi has chosen a path he considered more honourable and befitting so they should free the Honourable Minister.
you are correct. CRA is a straightforward man, hence the hatred
Re: Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi by toyinid78: 5:43am On Apr 13, 2016
Dis is why I hate nigeria especially nairalanders ameachi spent 8yrs as pdp governor stole money n went to apc to acquire greater power to steal more,so dos yrs of stealing is cancelled because he now parole with sai baba abi? God wud destroy all of dos people dat stole money meant for developing of common man life to enrich demselves n dier party dey wud die mysteriously awon oloriburuku

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Government: 2900 Payments Worth N51bn Paid Into Personal Accounts– BudgIT / Nwosu returns to APC following Supreme Court judgement / Army Replies Gumi’s Allegations Of Military Supporting Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.