Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React (44944 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Goes To Church With Bobrisky, Toyin Abraham, Dabota Lawson, Others / Marrying Her Wasn't A Big Deal To Me - Omotola Ekeinde's Husband / Kiss Daniel's "Uncle Stop Touching" Line In 'Yeba': Twitter Users Question Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
sarutobie:

who made them morons? that her husband goes to the market is not the grouse here. if he does it because of her busy schedules or incapacitation it would be alright..but for her to say she CANT go to the market because of her 'status' is very ridiculous. is her status much more important than her family? assuming she got married to these money guzzling senators, who will go to the market? the senator? women shaa..

I agree with you.

her husband seems no to have a problem with her not going to the market because of her status. yes, she is a celebrity. he does not mind. he understand the demands of the job and he is ready to work with her to resolve such issues that might arise, which include not going to the market. Her celebrity status is her career. Left to some insecure and egotistical husbands , they would have given her an ultimatum because they do not want to go the market. Yet, I haven't seen how going to the market has affected Omotola's husband.

I believe that is what marriage should be about.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by sarutobie(m): 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
janellemonae:

Serious african mentality. All the guys on this thread are just dissing the guy like some backward set of neanderthals. angry They will probably even do more dn dt when theyre married. undecided
and what is wrong with the "African mentality"? is the western mentality of beastialism, homosexuality and nudity any better? if a man says he can't help his wife in the home because of his status, even I will find it stoopid..and a woman says she can't go to the market to buy food for her own children because of her status and you find it perfectly alright?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by ideylaff: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
sukkot:
grin the captain is the one who prices tatashe and ata rodo and egunsi at the market shocked grin

castrated eunuch

lol grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by YabaLeftist: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
So your husband, a pilot actually has the time to go to the market to shop for the family? I have a feeling he's also the one who cooks for the family. You have turned your husband into a house boy. Continue denigrating him because of your rubbish "status".

I have always known you as a highly conceited woman and it seems you're not about to change any time soon.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by babyfaceafrica: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
Henycymama:

like seriously?? shameless woman??

Pls does she really deserve that insult??

For heaven's sake, Oga o
what we do at home should stay at home....that's how it should be ...decorum!!....do you know a lot of influential indviduals do this..how. Many have you seen talk about it?...she should have kept shut...media can ask questions,what you will say is left to you.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
sarutobie:

and what is wrong with the "African mentality"? is the western mentality of beastialism, homosexuality and nudity any better? if a man says he can't help his wife in the home because of his status, even I will find it stoopid..and a woman says she can't go to the market to buy food for her own children because of her status and you find it perfectly alright?

Im pretty sure i never mentioned anything abt 'status' or a woman saying 'she cant go to market' in the post u read.

Im talking about the act of a husband deciding to go to the market for his family. Its not a big deal and i dont understand why d guys are acting like its unheard of or is an abomination. As for omotola and her 'status', she shouldnt have said all that out in public, or even mentioned her husband at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by InvertedHammer: 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
/
It is good for her personal security.

Some information are better kept secret.

Next, they will start referring to him as "Madam".

\

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by adeniyisamuel59(m): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
kilode100:

Yinmu tongue
Her Husband goes to the market to buy groceries kapish!
No one can twist this gist o.. We women don gather blokos and there's Nothing Babanla anybody can do.
Gbam, eziokwu!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by babyfaceafrica: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
mekaboy:
She can't be the bread winner and at the same time go to market. Let her husband go to market while she makes the money, simple.
do you know how much pilots make?....u better do your research well!!!!!..her husband is rich...omotola is just more popular

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by phenase(m): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
check it here
www.shopmarkt..com.ng
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
is gud for the man who follows a woman about all in d name of getting her.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
khalhokage:
Nigerians can be stupid ehhh! What's so wrong about her husband going to the market? nawa o.
I'm telling you. It's like a taboo.
However, buying groceries should be a shared duty though.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
daretodiffer:

What is so special about it that it has to be kept a secret?
it's not about the deed,it's about the way it is portrayed and perceived, the same reason for which she is getting bashed

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by MikeB3(m): 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
Status my foot! She is arguably proud mere looking at her via different mediums. The Captain is the head of the family and a big big guy that omotola even financially. However, I want to believe she said it without meaning it. Thank you.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by UIA04(f): 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
ClassCaptain:
What is wrong in what she said for God sake ?

Her husband is not complaining and their marriage is one of the most succesful in nollywood..

Why...

Because her husband understands her.... Is it not true that shopping in the market with her status will bring undue attention..

However i feel it should have been stated that he does it out of love and if such a statement should rather come from the husband..

As long as the husband no vex,he no concern me

Oga attrndant,why this que go reach me ?

Nobody is saying it is bad the problem is that the world shouldn't know everything about your marriage even if you are a celebrity.

I laughed at what the guy who said her in laws will pack into the house immediately after hearing this
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
I think u guys have misundastood her. Its obvious the husband does it out of love and concern for her. It has worked that way for them cos they are one of the longest married couples in Nollywood. By the way, this is not new news
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
midehi2:
so you have to broadcaste it to the world, respect your husband..woman
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
kilode100:

We have since taken over and this is just the beginning... This gist tickles my clit aswear.

It hurts, we know but it feels good Anyway..

You Guys just got served!!
Chai!!! Clit tickles at the thought of dominating men? Guys here is your fantasy right here.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by UjSizzle(f): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Wow. People obviously have problems reading, or they just have selective cognizance undecided
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
searchng4love:
you left out the carefully selected and delectable air hostesses

Omo sexy don turn us to script writers and editors ... It is well grin
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by afroxyz: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ayantoyeopeyem:
Omotola, u r a yoruba woman for crying out loud, don't knw of any other tribe but u knw right frm d beginning our forefathers believe it's an abomination for a man to do such a thing.
Thanks for TECHNOLOGY, what d forefathers see as an abominatn is nw a normal thing to do for some of our Nowadays husbands.
Dear, u can proudly say it wenever ur husband does things lyk dis, but not for the reason u gave.
STATUS? So what! Pls don't be deceived, ur husband is only doing it cos he loves u!
My friends hus does'nt hav any work n he still orders the wife who is a banker around.he even report her to me of recent that she refuses to wash his undies.
So stop bragging, ur hus ll nt lyk it.
God ll continue to help ur marriage.
Cheers

Oh just STFU you righteous prick. If she goes to the market she can't get any shopping done. She would be mobbed. People hardly know her husband probably that's why he does the shopping. Besides he may even be doing the shopping in a mall. Its just understand between them. For someone whose marriage has been.free from scandal and divorce for about 18 years, I think you should learn a lot.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by idupaul: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
BCJAY:
She should see that as a favour from the husband and not spoil such with the status stuff. My husband helps me do that for years now but I see it as a privilege not a must for him to the extent of broadcasting it, will his family be happy with such show of love? It's good but in secrecy, my take though

Most men actually do a lot of such chores for their wife but the secret is that it must remain between two of them because if other men hear they will label the man a woman wrapper

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by billyG(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
dis woman dey use her husband do woman wrapper,she no fit go mkt?but she fit go broad mkt go buy fashion.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
cekhoe:
it's not about the deed,it's about the way it is portrayed and perceived, the same reason for which she is getting bashed

I don't see the big deal with how it is portrayed

It will take an insecure man/woman to think it is such a big deal

1 Like

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by sallyzan(f): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
Silly talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Sayelabola(m): 8:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
Beremx:
Omotola lives at Ipaye, iba in Ojo. She doesn't live at Lekki or VI. If she does, she will be going to the market. If you know Ipaye very well, it's not the kind of place she ought to be residing for her status.

When you get to Ipaye bus stop along LASU- Igando road, ask anyone about Ekeinde street. That's where she lives and the street is named after her husband.

So they are residing under Alimosho LGA?

Thanks for the info.

By the way, even if they are residing in one of the rough and tough areas in Lagos, Ajegunle for example...as long as they live peacefully in a house built by them, who cares.

And it's better than staying in a rented mansion in highbrow areas and be ejected out over a small case like some musical artists. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by toprealman: 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
this is how they promote extramarital affairs.... MTCHEW.
no more respect for husbands.
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
daretodiffer:

I don't see the big deal with how it is portrayed

It will take an insecure man/woman to think it is such a big deal
you used the word "I" meaning your opinion, and I have mine too,I just think certain things should be kept between you and your spouse and even friends don't need to know not to talk of the entire country, am not married and no celebrity either,but in my opinion this issue is off limits to a third party
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Mayflowa(m): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
midehi2:
so you have to broadcaste it to the world, respect your husband..woman

She shud hv left this to the husband to say. Status ke! The husband got high status as a pilot when she hasn't got any skill even after marriage.

If there is one thing I respect Nigerians for is that they do go crowding celebrities. Who will crowd you at Park n shop? Make she dey there dey deceive hersef

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
cekhoe:
you used the word "I" meaning your opinion, and I have mine too,I just think certain things should be kept between you and your spouse and even friends don't need to know not to talk of the entire country, am not married and no celebrity either,but in my opinion this issue is off limits to a third party

It is off limits because it is starnge. I understand you
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by Topestbilly(m): 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
kilode100:

At least Captain go bring remaining change come home unlike those servants way go like to pocket the change.

I am so enjoying this cheesy

Nah... When God bless you to a certain stage in life kilode100 you won't ask for such changes... from this little things we don't pay attention 2 God actually reward us in ways we don't expect...
Re: My Husband Goes To Market For Me - Omotola; Twitter Users React by ShugaAnnie: 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
If Omotola went to market.....crowds of people would surround her, crying for autograph, selfies, money, Nollywood contracts,etc.

And she won't be able to get any shopping done.

RMD once said that one regret he has about being a star is that he can no longer stop at his fave groundnut seller, price groundnut and chat. Fans would recognize him, and start screaming......
it's just hype.some of These so called naija celebs have just refused to believe that they are every day human.chris brown is a celeb and he lives with neighbors.. He walks out of his crib and these Lil kids playing wer like "hey yo Chris!!" and he responded "wadup Lil men" with a thumbs up and drove out!! But naija celebs smh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Papa Ajasco, Charles Okocha And Pa James On Set / Da Brat Marries Her Fiancée Jesseca Dupart / Davido Wanted Boity In Bed And They Fought Over It In Zimbabwe - H-Metro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.