Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls (22441 Views)

80 Kidnapped Chibok Girls Freed By Boko Haram / "Buhari's Men Kidnapped Chibok Girls" - Fani Kayode / Iyabo Anisulowo: Police Deploy Helicopters To Search For Kidnapped Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by texazzpete(m): 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/13/africa/chibok-girls-new-proof-of-life-video/index.html

Maiduguri, Nigeria (CNN)They were stolen from their beds in a school dormitory: hundreds of teenage girls kidnapped by gunmen.

A few dozen escaped to tell of the night Boko Haram militants brought terror to a Nigerian girls' school.
From the rest, silence. No sign of where they had been taken or what could have happened to them for almost two years, even as the world screamed #BringBackOurGirls.

Hundreds of parents left, day after day, night after night, and then months with no information.
Until now.
CNN obtained a video of some of the "Chibok Girls" sent to negotiators by their captors as a "proof of life."
The video had been seen by negotiators and some members of the government.
But no one had shown the parents. Until now.

Rifkatu Ayuba catches sight of her long-lost, desperately missed, now 17-year-old. "My Saratu!" she wails, reaching out to a laptop screen, the closest she's been to her child in two years. She is desperate to comfort her little girl, but helpless.
Saratu Ayuba is one of 15 girls seen in the recording shown to some of the families for the first time at an emotional meeting this week. Wearing a purple abaya, with a patterned brown scarf covering her hair, Saratu stares directly into the camera.
"I felt like removing her from the screen," Ayuba tells us, desperate to pluck Saratu from the mysterious location where she is being held and bring her home. "If I could, I would have removed her from the screen."
The video is believed to have been made last December as part of negotiations between the government and Boko Haram.
It was released by someone keen to give the girls' parents hope that some of their daughters are still alive, and to motivate the government to help release them.
The girls, their hair covered and wearing long, flowing robes, line up against a dirty yellow wall. They show no obvious signs of maltreatment.

In summary, there's a video of 15 of the Chibok girls the Government has had since December 2015, which CNN has now shown to the parents.

With the girls identified by the parents and some of their fellow classmates, I hope nobody is still out there calling this a scam.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Day11(m): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry

Oh Dear Chibok.

Stay tight, Bubu is coming to your rescue

He will not fail to bring you back to ya mama angry

#IstandwithBuBu

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by DaBullIT(m): 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
The heat is up

BH offering truce

1 Like

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by kolomax(m): 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
I thought the lazy a*s governor(agbero fayoloshi) said the girls were not missing now prove them wrong

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
God plsssss bring them home safely...
Can't imagine my future kids being kidnapped

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Oche211(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2016
Everytime i remember the chibok Girls' kidnap nd the trauma these girls re passing thru, it saddens my heart.
The only crime (if there is any) this girls have commit was that they went in search of Education that will give them hope of a brighter future in a region battered, robbed, under developed nd economically raped by wicked, heartless nd greedy men moving around as politicians nd also d fact that they were born as female in a society that largely believe in inferiority of the female gender.
One fact is that those who were entrusted with the responsibility of protecting them failed them.
The Government (state nd federal) failed them,
The society failed them,
The armed forces all failed them.
Another fact remains that their lives have forever been changed and altered.
It still beat my imagination how some Nigerians still believe that the whole Kidnap was a well played script to disgrace Jonathan government.
Trust me, nobody wishes 4 evil. The fact that it didn't happened to u does not mean that those crying parents are pretenders. Trust me, those tears u see are 4rm life continually lived in pains nd agony. Words will nt be enough to describe the trauma nd pains that the parents of these girls are going through every day.
My Prayer remains continually with them nd may God keep this girls safe wherever they are nd also 4 their prompt rescue nd safe Return.
All will be well again

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Pidggin(f): 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
Where dem keep the girls na? Look at how well fed they are. Does someone expect me to believe that these chubby, neat girls live in a forest somewhere in captivity? grin

Compare them to pics of women and children rescued from BH, you will notice the difference.

Is it those BH skeletons we see in pictures from Sambisa that kept these girls as well fed as this? grin

Whoever is responsible for their upkeep, you can let those girls go now, you have succeeded grin

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Luckylife(m): 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
Why showing just 15 girls out of 200 plus ? There is more to this than it seen to the eyes . Show us at least 100 girls to prove they are in your possession animals.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by izospindle(m): 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
tt

1 Like

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Seun(m): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
If the government has them, why not let them go home?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Leopantro: 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
For once, I agree with liar Muhammed in that report.
Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Jirate(m): 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
Day11:
cry cry cry cry cry

Oh Dear Chibok.

Stay tight, Bubu is coming to your rescue

He will not fail to bring you back to ya mama angry

#IstandwithBuBu cool cool cool cool cool cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Leopantro: 11:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
texazzpete:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/13/africa/chibok-girls-new-proof-of-life-video/index.html

In summary, there's a video of 15 of the Chibok girls the Government has had since December 2015, which CNN has now shown to the parents.

With the girls identified by the parents and some of their fellow classmates, I hope nobody is still out there calling this a scam.

You are joking. Don't you know Nigerians anymore.
They would swear that is a plot by APC to show that Buhari is working. Bet you in the next two days Fayose and Batman Bruce will have oral and Twitter diarrhoea. Others will will bring in the Northern leaders into it.
Just sit back and read tales by moonlight.

10 Likes

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by DelGardo: 12:26am On Apr 14, 2016
For those who said it was a scam I say search your souls and see the emptiness where there was once a heart.

For those who believed I say be steadfast because we are not there yet. But we shall prevail. Never again will a gang of bandits led by a clueless drunk lead this nation of ours.

We can now say to Buhari. Continu!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by chiddye(m): 12:56am On Apr 14, 2016
am just speechless, mixed feelings running through my spine it's been two years since this girls have been kidnapped.

if only we don't play politics with everything in this country. it's just painful because the life's of this girls have been altered forever, if only the average Nigerian could see what bigotry and dirty politics undermine the value of human life.

I hope they come home to us safe, alas the #BBOG was not in vain today marking the second year holds so much significance with this report. please for every well meaning Nigerian politics and ethnicity shouldn't cloud your sense of reasoning and human empathy, the chibok girls scenario could have been averted if leaders were accountable to their constituents.

if only.........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by porka: 2:53am On Apr 14, 2016
One of the grandest international conspiracies (mysteries) in human history.

Mission accomplished.

All Chibok girls are returning home from the safehouse(s) where they are being safely kept.

All is well that ends well.

It will take another "leak" to know what happened.

For now, we shall live with their orchestrated narratives.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Sibrah: 4:19am On Apr 14, 2016
Seun:
If the government has them, why not let them go home?
have them how?

I was thinking that the sudden calls from some of the girls' hitherto dead phone lines and this video/plea is part of BH campaign to support their demand for $50m ransom and make it look real enough to get govt's attention but it appear the govt had the video for some months and knew what the people didn't.

2 Likes

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Sibrah: 4:23am On Apr 14, 2016
porka:

Mission accomplished.

All Chibok girls are returning home from the safehouse(s) where they are being safely kept.

Imagine if $2.1B had been put to good use and the girls had be tracked early enough. It could even end up being part of the stolen arms money that were being used to feed and keep the girls.

1 Like

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by enlightenedmind: 4:31am On Apr 14, 2016
What has Buhari done to the western countries again?

3 Likes

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Validated: 5:25am On Apr 14, 2016
porka:

Mission accomplished.

So, all those robust people were in captivity for 2 year? Please, tell me something else!!! Fraudulent country with fraudulent leaders.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Nbote(m): 7:03am On Apr 14, 2016
Captivity my foot, abeg make una tell us anoda story jare..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Pavore9: 7:10am On Apr 14, 2016
Story unfolding.......
Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by youngeagle(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2016
Now I believe BOko Haram and this Chibok issue are politically motivated....they should stop playing politics with peoples life o

3 Likes

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by ademega(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2016
fayose how market?
BTW how could those girls be looking real good in captivity for 2 years even with the trauma of separating them from their families?

I actually belive in the thought that they could have actually divided them in to groups. this may actually be the luckiest group of all the groupings. if not, it won't have taken them any much effort to show all of them like these 15 shown to us.
another fear is that some might have even die.

how come it was the CNN that broke the news?

I think the government should take them serious for negotiation if only they could show the videos of all of them together which I kn would be difficult for them to produce.

2 Likes

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by thesicilian: 7:20am On Apr 14, 2016
Why is it only America that sees these so called kidnapped girls?
Have watched the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmdO3CIEX8U

And to be frank it really doesn't 'prove' anything.

5 Likes

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by AntiWailer: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2016
I thought they said Chibok is a scam.

That there was no kidnap.

Thank God we will never have such Govt again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:28am On Apr 14, 2016
I hear falz is now a soldier who volunteer to rescue chibok girls..
Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by sammyj: 7:39am On Apr 14, 2016
I pray God help us get this girls back. The government in returns need to act fast in recovering this girls and eventually I believe this will serve as a proof that girls are missing to some disgruntled wailing wailers! !! cry shocked
Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by Goldenheart(m): 7:40am On Apr 14, 2016
Hoax

7 Likes

Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by ReabridCharles(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2016
And this is exactly two years.

Hmmm.... where is the bring back our girls crew. Oya oh, food don done
Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by DeKen: 7:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Poor girls.
Re: CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls by focus7: 7:47am On Apr 14, 2016
Fayose and his followers should disproof this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke / Herdsmen Attacks: Aisha Yesufu Blasts Buhari Over Benue Mass Burial / Gabriel Suswam Set To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.