Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (729964 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2017
Anybody with any update pls?
Pls let's share any update as we get them.. Because I got a news from someone that some guys got messages on friday... can anyone confirm this pls?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 16, 2017
bayog20:
Anybody with any update pls?
Pls let's share any update as we get them.. Because I got a news from someone that some guys got messages on friday... can anyone confirm this pls?
Dey Got messsages via ?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 3:33pm On May 16, 2017
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Ekakamba: 3:47pm On May 16, 2017
TEEKAY2000:
http://thenationonlineng.net/2017-budget-senate-gives-nnpc-cbn-36-others-marching-order/

The Senate Tuesday gave marching orders to the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, Central Bank of Nigeria, Federal Inland Revenue Service and 35 other Federal Government agencies to submit their 2017 budget proposals for approval or risk sanction.
The upper chamber said that it was unbecoming that five months into the year, 38 statutory agencies of the Federal Government have failed to submit their budget proposal for the 2017 fiscal year.
It said that the agencies continued to make huge extra budgetary expenditure against the law establishing them.
Deputy Senate Leader, Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah (Kebbi South) drew the attention of the Senate to what he described as the abnormality of the agencies to submit their budgets for the approval of the National Assembly.
Na’Allah noted it is wrong for agencies to spend money that has not been appropriated by the legislature.
Na’Allah told the Senate that he intends to bring the issue to the floor as a motion so that Senators will understand the implications and the need to assist the government to fight corruption.
He said, “I deliberately decided that I will bring it on the floor, so that Senators will understand the implications.
“In our commitment to assist this government to fight corruption, we must stand on our feet that every spirit of our law must be obeyed by those holding public offices. I think that if you permit me I will like to come tomorrow by way of motion, so it can be debated on the Floor of the Senate.”
“The only approach this Senate can take to assist this government in fighting corruption, is to insist that gross abuse of power and misuse of power must be stopped by every government agency. The only way we can build our institutions is to radically address the issue of abuse of power and misuse of power. I think that if you give me permission, I will like to bring it tomorrow as a motion.”
Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, who agreed with the submission of Na’Allah expressed displeasure over the failure by most government agencies to submit their 2017 budget proposals to the National Assembly for consideration and approval.
Saraki condemned the practice where agencies of government spend money without statutory approval by the National Assembly.
He ruled that the Senate would comprehensively debate the issue and take a resolution today.
Saraki said: “We are already in May. How can parastatals be operating without any budget, especially in this time of the fight against corruption and ensuring that there is transparency in governance? We need to take this matter seriously because clearly these agencies are just flouting the guidelines and breaking the law.
“This is a very serious issue because as we all know, in line with the Fiscal Responsibility Act, these budgets are meant to have been submitted to the National Assembly since August 2016.
“They are supposed to have come with the Appropriation document. We have now passed the 2017 budget without the budgets of the parastatals. I think this matter really needs to come up as a motion because this is a very serious matter. We need to debate it.
“Leader, this is a very important issue and we must debate it tomorrow and if there is any Committee in exception or that have received from agencies they oversight, then they will have the opportunity to at least clear the parastatals and Agencies, that have sent their budgets.
“But if as at middle of May, we are saying we have not received any budget from them, then which money are they spending and with what authority? We need to look into that and take a decision that may be they can only pay salaries until they bring their budgets here and approvals given.
“I think once and for all, we need to address this issue and put an end to this disregard for laws and areas of corrupt practices,” the Senate President said.
Agencies that are supposed to submit their budget proposals for approval by the National Assembly included NNPC, CBN, Bureau of Public Enterp
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FAVOUR13: 3:22pm On May 17, 2017
Na wa oooo
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 7:00pm On May 17, 2017
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 8:31am On May 18, 2017
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 9:31am On May 18, 2017
It's well.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2017
dganse:

Am sure this will help things mmove fasster
how exactly can it help? I think it will delay things more
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 7:38am On May 19, 2017
oyeludef:
how exactly can it help? I think it will delay things more

Offcourse yes everything including the recruitment will move faster.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 8:45am On May 19, 2017
dganse:

Obviously! Especially since deadline was issued to the Executives for the submission. Our prayer is that after submission by the Exc, the Senate should hasten it's passage!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 8:48am On May 19, 2017
dganse:

Obviously! Especially since deadline was issued to the Executives for the submission. Our prayer is that after submission by the Exc, the Senate should hasten it's passage!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 10:29am On May 19, 2017
bayog20:

Guys, let's get something clear...shall we?
We are talking of the Executive mandating MDAPs, with a deadline, to submit budget proposals for 2017. Of course, this is only proper now following the passage of the 2017 National budget by the Legislative. Only about a week ago, the Legislative gave marching orders to MDAPs, including FIRS, in respect of running operational costs with unapproved budgets. The last time I checked, FIRS 2016 budget was turned down in December 2016 by the same Legislative. So is FIRS supposed to turn in their 2016 budget, as amended, or their 2017 budget, as demanded?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2017
We cant be talking of 2016 budget in 2017. Lets get something clear at this stage, non approval of budget will only affect capital and incremental items not the recurrent expenditure. That is why we did not hear that FIRS failed to pay salary last year despite the fact that 2016 budget was not approved. If you look at the senators's directive, the emphasis was on stoppage of further spending on capital expenditure items. Therefore, all capital expenditure and incremental items in 2016 budget (in this case recruitment of new staff) will be rolled into 2017 budget since the recurrent part was actually met. Back to the issue, FIRS actually submitted its budget. What is happening is basically politics of money at play.There are somethings that can not be said online for obvious reasons. Take for example, NNPC submitted theirs with the national budget. Why was it not passed but rather asked to be presented again? This is an avenue for the senators to make big money from the revenue generating agencies. Go and find out why firs budget was even turned down in 2016. Recall that there was a time in November last year that i told you firs budget would be approved cos of the meeting in senate president's house. Is it a coincidence that all parastatal did not submit their budget this year up till this moment? PMB warned all parastatals not to bribe national assembly for budget approval. Now that the man is not in town, this is an avenue to roll-back and get as much as they can from the agencies before Mr. President comes bank. Underline their emphasis on all revenue generating agencies (NNPC, FIRS and CBN). Once those agencies are ready to play ball, the budget will be approved within days.

6 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Ekakamba: 12:58pm On May 19, 2017
Yaasir:
We cant be talking of 2016 budget in 2017. Lets get something clear at this stage, non approval of budget will only affect capital and incremental items not the recurrent expenditure. That is why we did not hear that FIRS failed to pay salary last year despite the fact that 2016 budget was not approved. If you look at the senators's directive, the emphasis was on stoppage of further spending on capital expenditure items. Therefore, all capital expenditure and incremental items in 2016 budget (in this case recruitment of new staff) will be rolled into 2017 budget since the recurrent part was actually met. Back to the issue, FIRS actually submitted its budget. What is happening is basically politics of money at play.There are somethings that can not be said online for obvious reasons. Take for example, NNPC submitted theirs with the national budget. Why was it not passed but rather asked to be presented again? This is an avenue for the senators to make big money from the revenue generating agencies. Go and find out why firs budget was even turned down in 2016. Recall that there was a time in November last year that i told you firs budget would be approved cos of the meeting in senate president's house. Is it a coincidence that all parastatal did not submit their budget this year up till this moment? PMB warned all parastatals not to bribe national assembly for budget approval. Now that the man is not in town, this is an avenue to roll-back and get as much as they can from the agencies before Mr. President comes bank. Underline their emphasis on all revenue generating agencies (NNPC, FIRS and CBN). Once those agencies are ready to play ball, the budget will be approved within days.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 1:16pm On May 19, 2017
Yaasir:

Hmm... I get your point. Politics...no permanent friends, only permanent interests. Executive is only doing its job by giving the deadline but the Legislature is up to something else with the marching order. Can this be curtailed at all?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 19, 2017
Yaasir:
Yasir Allah ya saka maka da mafificin alherin sa. Can u please PM me?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 2:41pm On May 19, 2017
Eigaso:

Hmm... I get your point. Politics...no permanent friends, only permanent interests. Executive is only doing its job by giving the deadline but the Legislature is up to something else with the marching order. Can this be curtailed at all?
It will be extremely difficult if not totally impossible. Even Buhari has been having it tough, talkless of head of parastatals. Even the recruitment, initially FIRS vowed not to honour national assembly list based on PMB directive on recruitment scam. They even had to beg them with more slots in the end. PMB too is avoiding them and at best massaging their ego. They are unable to get money from the revenue generating agencies like in the past because those agencies are hiding under the excuse of TSA. I dont know ho they will source for money but those guys will never do it for free. You can imaging all parastatals being asked to re-present their budget, with emphasis on revenue generating agencies. The good side is its affecting every parastatals not just one or few of them. Everything will be treated in "bulk".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obongtunji: 3:06pm On May 19, 2017
Yaasir:

You are always on point
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 19, 2017
Aslm Yaasir i have replied u back, but i don't know whether u c it or not?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Eigaso: 3:35pm On May 19, 2017
Yaasir:

It will be extremely difficult if not totally impossible. Even Buhari has been having it tough, talkless of head of parastatals. Even the recruitment, initially FIRS vowed not to honour national assembly list based on PMB directive on recruitment scam. They even had to beg them wit more slots in the end. PMB too is avoiding them and at best massaging their ego. They are unable to get money from the revenue generating agencies like in the past because those agencies are hiding under the excuse of TSA. I dont know ho they will source for money but those guys will never do it for free. You can imaging all parastatals being asked to re-present their budget, with emphasis on revenue generating agencies. The good side is its affecting every parastatals not just one or few of them. Everything will be treated in "bulk".

PMB indeed has good intentions with the corruption fight. The Executive are putting up a good fight but clearly the Legislature are not in support and the Judiciary are not helping matters. Well, I do hope the deadline will see things happen faster this year yet what fate is there that things continue from where they stopped last year or it's all a fresh start as it were "a happy new year"...?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 3:55pm On May 19, 2017
Yaasir:

The Absolute fact!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 8:41pm On May 19, 2017
bayog20:

The Absolute fact!

Yasir I really want to talk to you abbbout something ,, and you're missinig it! Pls is very important follow mme on twitter . @nguldee
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ciggy000(m): 9:03pm On May 19, 2017
in my opinion I see senators cornering some job slots to their cronies most especially those agencies that made provisions for recruitment in their budget. their action may seems right in the eyes of d law but its all in their in selfish interest.me go just they observe ooo
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 11:26pm On May 19, 2017
dganse:

Yasir I really want to talk to you abbbout something ,, and you're missinig it! Pls is very important follow mme on twitter . @nguldee
I am neither on twitter nor whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 8:49am On May 20, 2017
OK facebook fa?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 8:49am On May 20, 2017
Yaasir:

I am neither on twitter nor whatsapp.

What of facebbook?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by makonko(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2017
dganse:

What of facebbook?
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 11:43am On May 20, 2017
dganse:

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FAVOUR13: 5:38pm On May 22, 2017
Have been told by a reliable source that DPR has conducted interview secretly. Who knows whether FIRS has done the same... this country
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 22, 2017
Some people will just go and drink some thing more than their capacity, at long last, they will come on nairaland just to type and post rubisssssh! I hate this kind thing!! I hate this kind thing!!!;(

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FAVOUR13: 10:19pm On May 22, 2017
Goderlist:
Some people will just go and drink some thing more than their capacity, at long last, they will come on nairaland just to type and post rubisssssh! I hate this kind thing!! I hate this kind thing!!!;(

Go and die

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.