Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730405 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 22, 2017
FAVOUR13:

Go and die
what did u drank so that we should know if we can still discuss someting with u 2morw when u are ok?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 10:28am On May 23, 2017
Guys if U av interest in ParaMilitary too...AIRFORCE DSS and NIS recruitment Are OUT
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FAVOUR13: 10:44am On May 23, 2017
Goderlist:
what did u drank so that we should know if we can still discuss someting with u 2morw when u are ok?

Your mama's breast milk.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 11:01am On May 23, 2017
Theolink:

REMEMBER THIS:
[[b]quote author=Theolink post=53454931]I don't believe in talking too much. Note the following and ask no further questions please. FIRS did recruitment in November and December 2016. All such staff are already on duty across states in Nigeria. It is for the selected highly connected. The next recruitment you guys are waiting for will form part of 2017 budget and not the 2016 some of you are waiting for. Hopefully the budget for 2017 will be approve before July 2017. For now the Firs is considering the recruitment for July 2017. This also is subject to change. How do I know all these? From the office of the------. I got a part there.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Yassir took a bold step. I welcome you to the board of elders. [/b]
This guy might not be wrong afterall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FAVOUR13: 11:05am On May 23, 2017
siina:
This guy might not be wrong afterall

You are correct. The guy is not just wrong. This recruitment can't be part of 2016 budget.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ucheo: 12:02am On May 26, 2017
i remember saying that after i read guys saying the recruitment is about to be done that i made a call to someone who also made further calls and told me for now nothing is happening on firs.
What did i get...insults...
For now nothin is happening as per that recruitment. It doesnt mean they wont get back to it later

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 11:16am On May 26, 2017
[quote author=dganse post=56318856]I've just heard from another reliable source that they will start inviting people for interview next week n sha Allah[/quote
How market bros?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2017
FAVOUR13:

You are correct. The guy is not just wrong. This recruitment can't be part of 2016 budget.
The guy is totally wrong. People need to understand how budget works. Budget request for new staff will always come first, even when you are not sure of concluding the recruitment process. Some people actually joined FIRS last year (around April) but for more senior roles and other units. Our own advert was actually meant for "TAX AUDITOR" only. There are other units beyond tax audit. Go through the following links to confirm the breakdown of last year's budget. Note that the bone of contention was actually the budget for new staff.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/senate-rejects-firs-budget/

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by jobbers: 1:53pm On May 26, 2017
h
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2017
This is one recruitment that has proved so many things and people wrong. On a personal note, i dont think the recruitment was meant to be in July. At least i know somebody that was called on the 5th of January this year. For those that claimed the recruitment was meant to be July, why has the test and/or interview not started by now? At least we are less than 5 weeks to July. The same guy can still call the contact to know the stage of the recruitment and when it will be concluded. The truth of the matter is many of their staff know nothing about the recruitment beyond the advert. Except you are dealing with the EDs or boys working around them, you will never get any accurate information. Infact, you get better information from politicians than firs staff. Were other recruitments too (DPR et al) also meant for July? So many things happened that made the recruitment to be unpredictable. So many recruitments that were designed to be "general" recruitment just turned to "strategic hire" along the line. If you want better information, diversify your source (politicians, staff, media etc). Continue to press your button and disturb your contact so as not to be caught unaware. Let nobody tells you nothing is on ground. Do not abuse people with contrary information; no information is 'stupid' at this stage no matter how strange it sounds. The end might just come at anytime that we least expect

7 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2017
FAVOUR13:
Have been told by a reliable source that DPR has conducted interview secretly. Who knows whether FIRS has done the same... this country
You are right to some extent. There is no interview conducted by both but things are going on. Things are happening somehow. That DPR stuff is another thing entirely. Lets just pray firs will not eventually go the way of dpr.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2017
Yaasir:

The guy is totally wrong. People need to understand how budget works. Budget request for new staff will always come first, even when you are not sure of concluding the recruitment process. Some people actually joined FIRS last year (around April) but for more senior roles and other units. Our own advert was actually meant for "TAX AUDITOR" only. There are other units beyond tax audit. Go through the following links to confirm the breakdown of last year's budget. Note that the bone of contention was actually the budget for new staff.

Damn! I just love this Guy! He's so ON POINT! But Yaasir, is there any hope something will happen soon?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 6:07am On May 27, 2017
Yaasir:

You are right to some extent. There is no interview conducted by both but things are going on. Things are happening somehow. That DPR stuff is another thing entirely. Lets just pray firs will not eventually go the way of dpr.
but now that senate has scrapped DPR,NNPC wont that affects those that applied for the job?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FAVOUR13: 8:12am On May 27, 2017
Yaasir:

Yaasir thank you for your contributions. I personally always appreciate any information from you. I wish there could be another means of contacting you privately so as to ask some questions.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2017
siina:
but now that senate has scrapped DPR,NNPC wont that affects those that applied for the job?

It will affect it; in the very least it will delay so many things concerning their recruitment. We should also pray for firs too to conclude on time so that the pressure of cancellation of dpr recruitment will not spill over.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 9:42am On May 27, 2017
Am speechless!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2017
Yaasir:

It will affect it; in the very least it will delay so many things concerning their recruitment. We should also pray for firs too to conclude on time so that the pressure of cancellation of dpr recruitment will not spill over.

These whole stuff tire me abegi!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 3:06pm On May 29, 2017
bayog20:

These whole stuff tire me abegi!

In the end, it boils down to some of us remaining deaf on the issue!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Garciadrez(m): 2:02pm On May 30, 2017
I guess what we are waiting for now is for Ag President to ascent the 2017?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 5:11pm On May 30, 2017
Garciadrez:
I guess what we are waiting for now is for Ag President to ascent the 2017?

Yes but well, the MDAs which includes the FIRS needs their budget to be presented to the Senate first and after it's been passed by them they'll await the final ascent from the Executives before anything so by implication the FIRS have a separate budget from the National Budget. I may be wrong though!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mr Yassir, is there no news on this front because I've heard so many Bills are being passed by the day!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cellin: 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Happy new month everyone.

7 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 9:05am On Jun 05, 2017
Goodness! This thread is too quiet abeg!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 10:51am On Jun 05, 2017
What are those grey areas? OMG. Why are some people so greedy mean and poisonous? Soon, they will be put to shame.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/2017-budget-delayed-due-to-grey-areas/

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 11:48am On Jun 05, 2017
Monicks:
What are those grey areas? OMG. Why are some people so greedy mean and poisonous? Soon, they will be put to shame.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/2017-budget-delayed-due-to-grey-areas/
Hmmm, God dey.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
The signing of the budget is not our problem, only that it may cause distraction. Budget of parastatals like firs only requires appropriation. Meanwhile, the appropriation has been done but the national assembly suspended their expenditure frame work. This is a brief outline of how it works: As a revenue generating agency, you are entitle to certain percentage of your collections; in this case firs is entitled to 5%. So, once you submitted your revenue target for the year you already know what due to you in percentage. The usual problem is how that revenue is to be spent. You must show your expenditure framework detailing how you are going to spend your allocation. Giving our culture of corruption, every agency would strive to spend every kobo by creating various expenditure heads. Rather than having surplus at the end of the financial year, many of them would always report losses; meaning that their 5% must be augmented by the federal government. That is why many of them will never complain of non signing of budget because they already know what is due to them. The usual crises is what the money is being spent on. National Assembly too wants a cut of the money since they know that most of the revenue generating agencies would most likely spend everything due to them. I strongly believe it will be resolved this week.
Meanwhile, on the budget stuff, it can not be delayed beyond this month based on S.82 of the constitution. The constitution only allows you spending in default of appropriation for a maximum period of 6 months. Meaning that come 1st of July there will be a total shutdown of government operations. The only thing i dont know is if the 6 months will be counted from January being the recognized commencement period of government financial year or May 6, being the end of the last year budget. All in all, there is little window for long the executive can delay the signing of the budget to avoid total shutdown.

8 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obongtunji: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kudos to Yaasir and thank you for the info.

Yaasir:
The signing of the budget is not our problem, only that it may cause distraction. Budget of parastatals like firs only requires appropriation. Meanwhile, the appropriation has been done but the national assembly suspended their expenditure frame work. This is a brief outline of how it works: As a revenue generating agency, you are entitle to certain percentage of your collections; in this case firs is entitled to 5%. So, once you submitted your revenue target for the year you already know what due to you in percentage. The usual problem is how that revenue is to be spent. You must show your expenditure framework detailing how you are going to spend your allocation. Giving our culture of corruption, every agency would strive to spend every kobo by creating various expenditure heads. Rather than having surplus at the end of the financial year, many of them would always report losses; meaning that their 5% must be augmented by the federal government. That is why many of them will never complain of non signing of budget because they already know what is due to them. The usual crises is what the money is being spent on. National Assembly too wants a cut of the money since they know that most of the revenue generating agencies would most likely spend everything due to them. I strongly believe it will be resolved this week.
Meanwhile, on the budget stuff, it can not be delayed beyond this month based on S.82 of the constitution. The constitution only allows you spending in default of appropriation for a maximum period of 6 months. Meaning that come 1st of July there will be a total shutdown of government operations. The only thing i dont know is if the 6 months will be counted from January being the recognized commencement period of government financial year or May 6, being the end of the last year budget. All in all, there is little window for long the executive can delay the signing of the budget to avoid total shutdown.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yaasir:

Thanks Yaasir, especially the part where you stated "The usual crises is what the money is being spent on. National Assembly too wants a cut of the money since they know that most of the revenue generating agencies would most likely spend everything due to them. I strongly believe it will be resolved this week."
With this I deduced from your statement that the recruitment may be due from this week.. meaning it is imminent!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by jamesbridget13(f): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2017
I trust nl to get facts. I had to search for this thread. My hubby applied for d last firs recruitment. Just this afternoon, he received a call from one doctor *******(female)she said she was calling from Abuja firs office. In fact true caller identified d number as firs human resource manager. She told my hubby that they are compiling names for d job right now. Hmmmmmmmmm! That my hubby shld call one doctor *********(male) my hubby called him, n he began to say its late n all that, my hubby begged him. He then said tomorrow is the last day for my hubby to pick d replacement form from d bank of which junior category is 19k+ while senior category is 24k+. At this juncture, my hubby is confused since it involves paying money, he is thinking its scam. Pls help! Is this scam or real?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by SenatorJChris: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2017
jamesbridget13:
I trust nl to get facts. I had to search for this thread. My hubby applied for d last firs recruitment. Just this afternoon, he received a call from one doctor *******(female)she said she was calling from Abuja firs office. In fact true caller identified d number as firs human resource manager. She told my hubby that they are compiling names for d job right now. Hmmmmmmmmm! That my hubby shld call one doctor *********(male) my hubby called him, n he began to say its late n all that, my hubby begged him. He then said tomorrow is the last day for my hubby to pick d replacement form from d bank of which junior category is 19k+ while senior category is 24k+. At this juncture, my hubby is confused since it involves paying money, he is thinking its scam. Pls help! Is this scam or real?
Madam, clearly this is an attempt to scam your husband. Reputable organizations, of which FIRS is part, do not demand for any payment during recruitment. Some will rather pay you a stipend to take care of your logistics.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayog20(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2017
jamesbridget13:

Aha! Scam of the highest order
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sabichele: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
jamesbridget13:
It is a scam! I got same call from someone claiming to be Dr. Giwa asking me to call someone else for the form. They will make you beg them to scam you so, your husband should just save his cash.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.