Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George (6063 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Don't Blame Wike Or Secondus - Okupe Tells Bode George, Others / Bode George Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race / Fayose And Bode George Meet With PDP Ministers Forum (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by emamos: 6:24am On Apr 18, 2016
A former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Bode George says he has no ambition of becoming the next chairman of the party.

He, however, advocated the need for the PDP to zone the chairmanship position to the South West saying the region remains the only one that has not got the position since 1999.

George said this when he addressed newsmen shortly after his return from an overseas trip.
He also called on the interim national chairman of the party, Senator Ali Modu Sherrif to honour his word to handover to an elected chairman at the National Convention on May 21 this year.

The PDP leader, in his address entitled:‘Our Party at crossroads’,argued that the national chairmanship of the party should be zoned to South West now.
Faulting speculations of his interest in the chairmanship position, George said “I have no plan, no ambition, slide or straightforward looking for it”
He however said that a lot of his friends, elders of the party have been saying that if the position is zoned to the South West they will push him for it.

He said they are saying this because “you know we are in opposition, there is no Villa any more, no president from our party. Therefore management of the party must be different, it has to be serious strategic thinking, intellectually bias to reasoning and discourse and network with the people for you to take decision.”

George said: “On the issue of national chairmanship, based on the spirit of equity and fairness which is the foundation and principle upon which our party was build by our founding fathers, the South West deserves the national chairmanship now. This is the right and proper thing which must be done. The South West is a significant zone for the Nigeria federation which cannot and must not be treated with levity.”
Frowning at the delegation that went to the party’s National Executive Committee, NEC, that the South West was not interested in the chairmanship position, George said he was sad of the development.

While he faulted the delegation for not consulting with the elders of the party in the South West before making the remarks, he said “My reaction is that when we started the journey to rebuild the PDP in the South West, none of those people was a member of the party. None of them. Some of them along the line, they jumped on board the ship.”

‘, the constitution, the foundation , the wherewithal which attracted them to join the party, they had no understanding. How can anybody in a family be washing his dirty linen in the market? It is like one is bringing curse home. Let them come and tell Yoruba people that they don’t want something good for them and see what would happen.” They were even saying that the chairmanship should remain in the north. Are they really Oodua sons?”

Speaking further, he said “Let the zoning committee do its work, the report must be based on just, equity and once the committee submit its report, it is not a mushroom organisation, it will be discussed at the national caucus, at the BOT and then it will go to the NEC of the party for final approval and disapproval”, he said .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/im-not-interested-becoming-pdp-chairman-bode-george/

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by emamos: 6:25am On Apr 18, 2016
It is well
Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by jcross19: 6:28am On Apr 18, 2016
Even convicted thief is bragging to be party chairman ah that's why pdp need fire cleansing because they are all looters most of them now seek solace in apc because are for saints thieves.

13 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Flexherbal(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2016
This is where the trouble is, Zoning.
Positions should to giving to those that are qualified and can serve, not Based on zoning.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Standing5(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2016
Who want to be chairman to a dead cause?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:35am On Apr 18, 2016
jcross19:
Even convicted thief is bragging to be party chiarman ah that's why pdp need fire cleansing because they are all looters most of them now seek solace in apc because are for saints thieves.
thief- nubu na pastor abi? hypocrite.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by PassingShot(m): 6:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Imagine ex-convict bragging!

May PDP in whatever disguised form never have the privilege to rule Nigeria again.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by peacengine(m): 6:38am On Apr 18, 2016
PDP is the best option for Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by jcross19: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2016
DONMAYOR19:
thief- nubu na pastor abi? hypocrite.
that's the reason APC are saint thieves.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Fmartin(m): 7:10am On Apr 18, 2016
Mr Bode, when will your exile terminate

Abi dem wan call u frm exile nd appoint u chairman

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by mideactive: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2016
Is he not in Exile?

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by ChappyChase: 7:13am On Apr 18, 2016
Uncle Bode please tell us another story!

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:16am On Apr 18, 2016
Our Great Party can never make you our chairman..Bode should go and retire from active politics

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by otukpo(f): 7:27am On Apr 18, 2016
Does it mean PDP can't find credible candidate to lead the party.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by tuoyoojo(m): 7:48am On Apr 18, 2016
ok na
I finally give up on Nigerian politics

an ex convict who should hide his head in shame is even talking about not wanting to become pdp chairman

asides pdp, y can we have another new party with people who would move this nation forward

any party??!

HOPE? FRESH? any thing asides PDP

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by AntiWailer: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2016
It is in peoples interest if you become PDP Chairman.

At least we know the party has Party have a Boko Haram Sponsor and an Ex Convict as Party leaders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by SmartMugu: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2016
Didn't this man say he was going to leave Nigeria if Buhari won? What is he still doing here?
I wish these old men could leave Nigerian politics to the vibrant youths.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Pavore9: 7:50am On Apr 18, 2016
peacengine:
PDP is the best option for Nigeria

You are so right! We are already missing the 16 years of paradise! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Safemode(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2016
rubbish. who still want PDP? if they like, Saraki can be their bot chairman. Last Bullet even APC's leg is shaking. we want youth president in 2019.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Houseofglam7(f): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2016
If this information won't provide fuel and light, no one fuqin cares undecided

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by HITTED(m): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Bode, are you shooore? tongue

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 18, 2016
If PDP makes that mistake ehn......it would be their death knell. From a Boko Haram patron to an ex-con.
Noo noo noo, no one should even moot the idea

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2016
So bode george has finally found his voice after the exile party

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Jexyme(f): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2016
emamos:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/im-not-interested-becoming-pdp-chairman-bode-george/

What is Bode George doing in Nigeria?

Shameless man. He said he was gonna leave Nigeria if APC win election.

He belong to the federal republic of red sea. Lols

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Sheriff should be allowed to continue in office. There is a dire need to keep the Chairmanship position in the North to save the party from total annihilation in that region of the country. Thankfully, many prominent members of the party in the Southwest have seen the need for this and have thrown their weight behind Sheriff. Bode George and other party leaders who want the position zoned to the Southwest should look at the bigger picture.
Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by shaddoww: 8:14am On Apr 18, 2016
But if they offer u, u wouldn't reject it
Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by ochix(m): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2016
angryRead inbetween his lips he need am badly joooooooooooor make una give am oh
Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by omenka(m): 8:33am On Apr 18, 2016
PassingShot:

May PDP in whatever disguised form never have the privilege to rule Nigeria again.
Amen.
Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by anonimi: 8:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: I’m Not Interested In Becoming PDP Chairman — Bode George by anonimi: 8:46am On Apr 18, 2016
PassingShot:

Sorry for you oh.
PDP disguised as the born-to-gain progreTHIEVES in APC are ruling at the federal level, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

[img]http://1.bp..com/-sit6eMCbFeI/VSTwSLvM-UI/AAAAAAAAFno/-iVf6eRlodw/s1600/OBJ%2B2.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jigawa State Government Distributes 1073 Materials To Support Youths (pics) / See Populatipon Of Each Tribe In Nigeria / Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.