Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court (39549 Views)

"Saraki Will Reduce Your Punishment If You Apologise" - Melaye Tells Ndume / Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose / CCT Trial: 5 Punishments Saraki Will Face If Found Guilty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by folks4luv(f): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
one prob with efcc, Icpc, CCB n oda agencies like this, they don't dig deep n block holes before initiating trials. in some places, security n anti corruption agencies investigate suspects for years before running to court, they watch and dig when no one is looking, that way, its hard for people to cover there tracks, not so in Nigeria, they are always in a hurry. I am a kwaran, saraki allegedly stole mostly from us, but on this case, I am sitting on the fence, I have no ish with judiciary, but CCB, like efcc kinda dumb.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by luvinhubby(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
What's with the hail of insults?

The man made his own valid submissions in his opinion, common sense & maturity warrants that you counter his points with superior arguments & not insults.

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by cktheluckyman: 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
The judiciary is about strict interpretation of the law!! The law has no emotions,it only follows the practice as enunciated in the constitution!!
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Newbiee: 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
In your dreams@OP title

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
Make this sarathidef gerrarahere mehn,chudikwe or wat d Bleep is ya name,am pro-pdp but this saraki must leave I won't because am pro-pdp support a thief like saraki,I wonder why apcshit would allow him join dere party though,dy were so desperate to win d 2015 election dy allowed d likes of sarathief nd amalaechi into there party,dat already destroyed there integrity nd dy are just hypocrites

But still sarathief ole oshi must go if he is ur pops be ready to start bringing food for him in jail

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by nduchucks: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
This Chuckwudi44 of a guy should bury his head in shame for the display of lack of integrity and principle he displayed in his write-up. Forget about Saraki's guilt, just release him on technicality, ko? smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by danot1030: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
Na Saraki carry load na pa Chukwudi dey suffer neck pain. Is like paChuckwudi has to spent all night digging out constitution in favour of his hero. But never mind you are not the one that decide case at any level.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by cktheluckyman: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

The man made his own valid submissions in his opinion, common sense & maturity warrants that you counter his points with superior arguments & not insults.

Oh man I tireooo.The CCB act stipulated that before anyone is hauled before the CCT,he would be called upon to re-affirm the declarations stated in the asset declaration forms submitted to the CCB.Saraki was never called upon by the CCB,they simply searched for forms he submitted over 12 years ago and slammed charges on him in outright violations of the act setting up the CCB.I trust the supreme court judges to do justice to this matter.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by gretblue: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
Pa Chukwudi how could you have mortgaged your future for any political appointment like this?

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Musharraf: 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2016
Useless post by a useless person supporting useless corrupt politicians in a useless manner.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by ogmaskman: 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

Bros surprisingly I am neither!!! I am just a Nigerian fighting for the independence of the legislative arm of Government!!! We cannot afford to have a rubber stamp senate in this dispensation

But we can afford to have a Senate that will rewrite the budget for their selfish interest ba?
I thought it was saraki and the 90 thieves, I ddnt consider you bro. But now that I know it will reflect you henceforth. #sarakiandthe91thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

A cursory look at his profile and his "personal text", which I normally don't do till someone mentioned it, will tell you all you need to know. This is not someone trying to be objective, this is someone with an agenda.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Phoenixgreen(m): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
[You self just don follow. ..
author=greenify post=44819761]Pls i will beg everyone on this forum to stop commenting on this guy post. Avoid d guy post as if he is not existing. We are only allowing him to spread his wings.[/quote]
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by amostreasure: 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
if Bukola Saraki is not guilty od the offenses he ll survive but if he is....He ll surely face d law.I don't no what president buhari has to do with is trial.Our problems in Nigeria is that we have laws that are not enforced. hence ,status quo must change. ....d soul that sineth must die.let law take its course.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by abbey621(m): 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
I laugh when wailers refer to Buhari as a dictator. People like Saraki, Dasuki and so on would have been shot or hanged if Buhari was truly a dictator. This is the weakness in democracy that we all have to live with!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
3 pages and yet no one is able to offer a legal rebuttal to my write-up!! This is amazing!!! All I see is market women tantrums all over the place.If you want the EFCC,CCB etc to fight corruption simply ask them to do their groundwork very well.The CCB did not do theirs and will definitely lose out at the supreme court.It dosent matter what anyone of you thinks,the letters of the law will be strictl interpreted in deciding this case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
abbey621:
I laugh when wailers refer to Buhari as a dictator. People like Saraki, Dasuki and so on would have been shot or hanged if Buhari was truly a dictator. This is the weakness in democracy that we all have to live with!

Buhari would have wished he was in a banana republic where he would have the powers to do as he likes unfortunately for him we are in Nigeria a country governed by laws
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by luvinhubby(m): 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
garfield16:

A cursory look at his profile and his "personal text", which I normally don't do till someone mentioned it, will tell you all you need to know. This is not someone trying to be objective, this is someone with an agenda.

His personal agenda is what it is 'personal', but did he make points, yes he did, can his points be countered, i am waiting for it.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by bluecircle470: 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:
It is already obvious that the useless Danladi Umar of the CCT is biased so I am not expecting any sensible judgement from him,he can as well deliver his Tinubu written judgment tomorrow for all I care.Unfortunateley for him and his paymasters, this case would still be adjudicated up to the supreme court before it is rested.

The main thrust of my argument which I am sure the supreme court will interpret very well is section 3(d) of the CCT act which was not complied by the CCB before rushing to the kangaroo tribunal

the sction stipulates;

Section 3(d) of the CCB Act states that: “The functions of the Bureau shall be ….to receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by Section 20 of this Act in accordance with Section 20 to 25 of this Act.

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.”

The CCB was supposed to get back to Saraki and reconfirm the declarations stated in his form. This was the same premise upon which Tinubu was freed.Danladi umar obviously acting out a script by his paymasters have already overruled himself on the Tinubu Judgement.But how these portion of the act is interpreted by the supreme court is what will finally decide the case

My friend wake from ur slumber, saraki is gone! We dnt need him again.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by hapi4eva: 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
Chukudi44 dont let fustration get d beta part of u ok. If saraki is innocent let him prove himself. U sound so fustrated already
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
bluecircle470:

My friend wake from ur slumber, saraki is gone! We dnt need him again.
It is not about what you need but rather about what they law says
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Misterdhee1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

Bros surprisingly I am neither!!! I am just a Nigerian fighting for the independence of the legislative arm of Government!!! We cannot afford to have a rubber stamp senate in this dispensation
A non-rubber stamp Senate, led by a Chief-looter and Chief-in-corrupt practices Se? If he is found guilty, let him face the wrath of the law..Interestingly, he has many legal wars to fight, and I do not envision him scaling all through..
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Enough of these tantrums!! I waiting for any anti-saraki lawyer in the house to interpret those portions of the ccb act
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Misterdhee1:

A non-rubber stamp Senate, led by a Chief-looter and Chief-in-corrupt practices Se? If he is found guilty, let him face the wrath of the law..Interestingly, he has many legal wars to fight, and I do not envision him scaling all through..

Saraki is yet to be convicted of any corruption charge,Even the CCT tribunal chairman is also facing corruption charges in court
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by swagzofroyalty(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

My friend law is not mathematics or morality!!! when it gets to the supreme, those Judges would look at the strict interpretation of the CCB act. If you want to nail someone make sure you do your background work very well. Many cases have been won on technicalities
We are no more in the era of technicality,
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

His personal agenda is what it is 'personal', but did he make points, yes he did, can his points be countered, i am waiting for it.

Anybody with a tag line aka personal text in his profile that states " Buhari is so dull that even after he forged WAEC certificate,he still gave himself F9" is not someone coming to an argument from a position of objectivity.

Someone who goes as far as top put Akpabio and Wike as his profile picture is obviously someone who glorifies looting and thuggery in our politics. Don't get me wrong there are bad elements on both sides of our politics but if you are the sort of person that puts people like these on a pedestal, I don't have time to engage you. He can discuss his points with himself. We need less of these people in our politics not raising them on a pedestal.

I only wish we were in a military era so that his paymasters (both in APC and PDP) can be locked up and waterboarded before facing a firing squad on bar beach.

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Oche211(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s] Trashy trash!
i concur
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by JuanDeDios: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:
It is already obvious that the useless Danladi Umar of the CCT is biased so I am not expecting any sensible judgement from him,he can as well deliver his Tinubu written judgment tomorrow for all I care.Unfortunateley for him and his paymasters, this case would still be adjudicated up to the supreme court before it is rested.

The main thrust of my argument which I am sure the supreme court will interpret very well is section 3(d) of the CCT act which was not complied by the CCB before rushing to the kangaroo tribunal

the sction stipulates;

Section 3(d) of the CCB Act states that: “The functions of the Bureau shall be ….to receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by Section 20 of this Act in accordance with Section 20 to 25 of this Act.

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.”

The CCB was supposed to get back to Saraki and reconfirm the declarations stated in his form. This was the same premise upon which Tinubu was freed.Danladi umar obviously acting out a script by his paymasters have already overruled himself on the Tinubu Judgement.But how these portion of the act is interpreted by the supreme court is what will finally decide the case

Someone opens a thread calling a very senior national judicial officer "the useless Danladi Umar of the CCT" in the first line and Seun, Lalasticlala or Lalasticlara pops it on the front page! Ok o.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by funlord(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
sad

This goat still dey open thread? Abeg make I go _shit 1st!
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Chikpat(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

the sction stipulates;

Enemies of Nigeria are always quick to pick a pen, phone, laptop and write SENSIBLE NONSENSE like this.... Some people should not have gone to school anyway. Free education is grossly abused at times our institutions churn out unreasonable graduates. No wonder, Nigeria has not really been great with great multitudes of educated elements who are not better off than idiots roaming the streets.

Quite pathetic!

Very pathetic!!

Damn pathetic!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Almajiri1: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

You have a valid point tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ganduje: 'I Don't Sleep At Public Functions, I Only Pretend'' / Akpodoro Fumes As Aso Rock ‘Bans’ Ex-Militants Over Asari Dokubo’s Visit / DSS Finds Rolls Royce In Judge’s 15 Cars Fleet-the Nation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.