Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,926 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja (25863 Views)

Soldiers Arrest CJTF Members With Guns At Boundary Between Taraba And Benue.PICS / Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Turns Bloody (Graphic Photos) / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin While Trying To Flee Sambisa Forest(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by wikkileaks: 1:46am On Apr 19, 2016
The soldiers of the Guards Brigade of the Nigeria Army have arrested 92 Fulani herdsmen in Abuja.

The Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the Guards Brigade, Capt. Bashir Jajira, said that 36 of the suspects were arrested by the troops at a military checkpoint between the Federal Capital Territory and Nasarawa State.

The suspected herdsmen were said to have told the soldiers that they were on a mission to recover their stolen cows.

He said that 56 others who were also armed were arrested by the soldiers at a military checkpoint at Dantata, along the Abuja Airport Road.

He said that the troops recovered ‘one pump action gun, 19 cartridge dane guns, 118 cartridge ammo, 28 cutlasses, 3 jack knives, 14 sticks, 7 torch lights, certificate of occupancy, assorted charms and hard drugs.’

He said, “A group of 36 herdsmen in Diana Truck and Toyota Camry car with registration number Abu Kuje 994 FX and Niger SUL 541 XA were intercepted and arrested at 177 Guards Battalion location by Keffi checkpoint.

“During the interrogation by troops at the checkpoint, they claimed to be going to Nasarawa Local Government in Nasarawa State.”

He said that the arrested herdsmen would be handed over to the police for prosecution.

This came just as President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the deployment of military to all parts of the country currently witnessing bloody clashes between herdsmen and farmers.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, disclosed this while featuring on a breakfast programme of Channels Television, Sunrise Daily, on Monday.

The programme was monitored by one of our correspondents in Abuja.

Shehu said there was no truth in the claim that Buhari had been largely silent on the issue of the clashes.

He recalled that the President had taken the issue before the National Council of State with a view to getting state governors’ inputs to the solutions.

In the meantime, he said the government was contemplating carving out of grazing reserves for cattle rearers.

Meanwhile, no fewer than 23,000 Internally Displaced Persons in the Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State are battling with the problem of shelter as the rains set in.

The Chairman, Caretaker Committee, Agatu Local Government Area, Mr. Joseph Ngbede, stated this on Monday when Governor Samuel Ortom visited Ugbokpo, Ojantele and Ataganyi communities of the Apa Local Government Area, where the camps of the IDPs are located.

The IDPs are Benue indigenes displaced during the clashes involving Fulani herdsmen and Agatu people.

Ngbede said that only the LGEA Primary School at Ayila was standing in the over 20 villages destroyed in Agatu by herdsmen, maintaining that some of the displaced persons insisted on going to their farms to see what was left of their crops.

On the feeding of the displaced persons, the chairman said the items donated by individuals, government and non-governmental organisations as well as emergency management agencies at the state and at federal levels were being distributed to them on a daily basis.

He said those not displaced were also contributing towards the upkeep of the IDPs.

He explained that the three villages of Ocholonya, Abugbe and Odugbeho that were occupied by herdsmen had been secured by soldiers.

Meanwhile, the state’s deputy governor, Benson Abounu, has said that Agatu people have been rescued by soldiers.

http://www.punchng.com/soldiers-arrest-92-armed-herdsmen-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by IamAtribalist: 1:58am On Apr 19, 2016
cool Gan gan gan cool

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Sweetlemon(f): 2:06am On Apr 19, 2016
Ok. Now that Baba has started fighting his own kinsmen for Nigeria I wonder the next excuse wailers will churn out for hating him. Maybe they will start asking him to come and help them solve their family's issues undecided

Sai Baba a million times!
Nigeria willl work wether some elements like it or not.

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Oxenomy: 2:10am On Apr 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Ok. Now that Baba has started fighting his own kinsmen for Nigeria I wonder the next excuse wailers will churn out for hating him. Maybe they will start asking him to come and help them solve their family's issues undecided

You suddenly found your voice.. So you thought those that were shouting since are just "pathetic wailers"? Shame on you!

PS: I think this is a damage control strategy by the government. They are trying to remedy the president's image regarding his biased silence on Fulani herdsmen rampage, killing people with reckless abandon. They should show us the arrested 92 herdsmen with their arms if they want us to believe them. We are not falling for this ediotic propaganda.

222 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by jeffizy(m): 2:14am On Apr 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

They are hard to please.
They need a strong medication.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by phoenixchap: 2:15am On Apr 19, 2016
Bubu is picking form gradually..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Sweetlemon(f): 2:34am On Apr 19, 2016
Oxenomy:
You suddenly found your voice.. So you thought those that were shouting since are just "pathetic wailers"? Shame on you!

Some are genuinely concerned citizens that pray for Nigeria day and night while criticising govt when and where applicable while some are just hateful bunch of wailers. I can tell the difference btw the two by their comments. The genuine ones will be happy with this development while the hateful wailers (like you) will pick something to be angry about. wink

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Oxenomy: 2:54am On Apr 19, 2016
Where did 92 herdsmen get their arms?..Just imagine the kind of havoc this animals will inflict on some communities had it been they weren't arrested passing through Abuja..We will surely get to the root of all this things..!

PS: I think this is a damage control strategy by the government. They are trying to remedy the president's image regarding his biased silence on Fulani herdsmen rampage, killing people with reckless abandon. They should show us the arrested 92 herdsmen with their arms if they want us to believe them. We are not falling for this ediotic propaganda.

14 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Oxenomy: 3:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Some are genuinely concerned citizens that pray for Nigeria day and night while criticising govt when and where applicable while some are just hateful bunch of wailers. I can tell the difference btw the two by their comments. The genuine ones will be happy with this development while the hateful wailers (like you) will pick something to be angry about. wink
undecided undecided ... You are a renowned sycophant so, I don't expect anything other than this from you. Continue!

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Caseless: 4:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Children of hate won't see that they're arrested under buhari.
Only God knows what would have happened where they were going to recover their stolen cows.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by wadetaw202: 4:37am On Apr 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Why not wait till these guys are actually prosecuted and sent to prison before making your unreasonble and ill-timed comment?

I won't be surprised if the soldiers or the police receive "orders from above" to release those Fulani herdsman. The order may even tell the police to return the weapons back to the herdsmen.

So you Dont know that many of those cattles these guys rear belong to the big wigs in northern politics?

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Burger01(m): 5:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Oxenomy:
Where did 92 herdsmen get their arms?..Just imagine the kind of havoc this animals will inflict on some communities had it been they weren't arrested passing through Abuja..We will surely get to the root of all this things..!

These fulani £%&-#@#4@s are no longer herdsmen..these are terrorists and they are dangerous. They must be dealt with as terrorists..
Imagine, taking to arms on a mission to rescue cows! Some useless cows everyone of them undecided

19 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by rayblast(m): 6:33am On Apr 19, 2016
herdsmen inside Toyota Camry Car? Herdsmen don soji wella o!!!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by otukpo(f): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2016
In the first place, why would herdsmen carry arms?

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2016
Lies from the pit of hell. Those herdsmen will be released in no time

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by omenka(m): 6:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Another bloody rampage averted.

Thank God for our vigilant security forces.

There are always two sides to these stories, unfortunately, only one gets out to the press, or perhaps the press is interested in publishing only one side of the story.

God help Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 19, 2016
Caseless:
[s]Children of hate won't see that they're arrested under buhari.
Only God knows what would have happened where they were going to recover their stolen c[/s]ows.
plz go to Agatu and when you see the destruction then come back again and call me names

I will continue to speak against Fulani herdsmen until this nonsense stops

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by omenka(m): 6:49am On Apr 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Nothing but the truth.
Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 19, 2016
omenka:
Another bloody rampage averted.

Thank God for our vigilant security forces.

There are always two sides to these stories, unfortunately, only one gets out to the press, or perhaps the press is interested in publishing only one side of the story.

God help Nigeria.
Why are you mixing it up because you don't seem happy with it. Fulani herdsmen are now lord unto themselves and you want to paint sainthood on a stripe of their cloak

Plzzxx

13 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Save your epistle please. Do you know the level of death that happened in Agatu because of the murdereous fulani herdsmen. Don't play politics with human life because it might be you tomorrow

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by omenka(m): 6:55am On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
Why are you mixing it up because you don't seem happy with it. Fulani herdsmen are now lord unto themselves and you want to paint sainthood on a stripe of their cloak

Plzzxx
I don't seem happy?? I think you mistake me for an iPod yoot buddie. cheesy

They are the only people that could be angry with news such as this. Are you an iPod yoot?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:56am On Apr 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Thank you. Thats it
Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:58am On Apr 19, 2016
It's a lie, they are just gathering them for uniform information.. I wouldn't call that arrest... Now that Bubu-de-Kunu-Rapper is about to give them half of Nigeria.. .

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 19, 2016
omenka:
I don't seem happy?? I think you mistake me for an iPod yoot buddie. cheesy

They are the only people that could be angry with news such as this. Are you an iPod yoot?
Yes I'm an Ipod youth if that's the name for opposition figures.

Name calling should never distract us from the truth

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2016
wikkileaks:
Fidelis Soriwei, Olalekan Adetayo and Onche Egwu

The soldiers of the Guards Brigade of the Nigeria Army have arrested 92 Fulani herdsmen in Abuja.

The Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the Guards Brigade, Capt. Bashir Jajira, said that 36 of the suspects were arrested by the troops at a military checkpoint between the Federal Capital Territory and Nasarawa State

Just imagine. God will help Nigeria..
Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by funlord(m): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2016
angry

Can't they just behead those 92 goats so that we can move on? The country is already overpopulated! I don't think anyone would miss the presence of 92 murdering, child banging, kunu sipping, gworo chewing savages!

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by omenka(m): 7:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
Yes I'm an Ipod youth if that's the name for opposition figures.

Name calling should never distract us from the truth
Of course I couldn't be wrong!! cheesy

By the way, it is "yoot" not youth. Youths have something organic inside their skulls... Go figure. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by softvio(m): 7:03am On Apr 19, 2016
So that foolish boy finnally find his voice?.. This is just a flash, nothing concrete the herdsmen will be released in some hours. Pmb just did this so that this above zombies can find their voices one more time.. Rubbbissssh

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja by Goke7: 7:05am On Apr 19, 2016
I told folks on this forum months ago that PMB was coming for the herdsmen, pls nobody should complain o cos they will be given the shites treatment.

If anybody start talking about human rights violation soon for the herdsmen, such a person must be one of them. Nigerians be warned and be wise. This is just the beginning.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cecilia Ezeilo’s Aide Shot Dead / "The Construction Of Flyover At Pen Cinema Agege Has Started" - Akinwunmi Ambode / Peter Obi Meets United Nations Team At The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.