Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,024 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? (23834 Views)

Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? / What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company / What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by buharisbae(f): 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
u can ask my crush
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by PWEETYWIZZY(f): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
It is well
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Are u rich?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by sped1oro(m): 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
If you are really interested in real estate business, look for Richard Nyong, the CEO of Lekki Gardens, his story and success in real estate sector will help you a great deal. I have read and carry out research on him and found out he started from the scrap. When he started his real estate business, he doesn't have an office but was using a lawyers office on Allen as point of call.
Even when he started making money from selling lands on behalf of land owners in Lekki, he was sleeping on site sometimes and he didn't went for clamorous or luxurious items of life rather he reinvested back his money into real estate and today he is one of the most successful real estate mogul in Nigeria.
Though, he is presently going through some challenges with Lagos State government as regards one of his collapsed building at Lekki but it's just one of many challenges of real estate investment.
You can check my other posts about Lekki Gardens and Richard Nyong for better insight.
If you need mentoring in real estate investment I can link you up with stakeholders in that sector.

Good luck to you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Misterpaul(m): 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
So many fraudsters giving misleading information here.

Anyway Op, just like some few people had already said. Real estate has many aspects and first you need to determine the particular aspect of real estate you want to venture into before any other thing.

And its not all aspects of real estate, that you can just dabble into without proper training and certification eg Real estate Valuation, Management etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by BAILMONEY: 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
Destined2win:
Yeah! My pleasure. Btw you sound like a happy girl( even though I don't know if you are a boy)
you have entered one chance bro grin na correct she-male you dey follow yarn for here Abi you dey find person wey go disvirgin your sh*thole
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by karleone(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
prettysolid:
Nice topic, I am here to learn also.

Babe, why the 'also'? No one above you has said he/she wants to learn, so need for also. Hehehehe... No mind me o..
Do you have plans of venturing into Real Estate biz in the future?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Reference(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
Very tough. First you need to identify a niche and go epic in it. You must make excellence your watchword because the competition is fierce. There are two certain ways of actualising your vision to house the poor. Start by making the rich even more succesful. Develop choice property for them and use the profits to subsidise low income housing. The second is a far longer route, invest in the prime factors of production to lower your cost. Buy land in bulk, build a cement factory and other industries making building materials. Establish links for long term, low rate credit. You simply cannot go low cost sourcing from open markets.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hope you registered in NIESV

1 Like

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Muthola(m): 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
Real estate business is good, lucrative and money spinning. It has a global platform.
So going into the business is taking the right step towards becoming a world class entrepreneur, and obviously smiling to your bank, earning millions in naira and other foreign currencies.

I am not trying to brain wash you, in other to catch your attention.
It is real and by the time you are through with reading this piece, you will certainly be convinced that there is fortune, or what you may describe as a goldmine to tap from, in the real estate business world.
But, before you get too excited, pause for a moment, pick up your diary, a sheet of paper and a pen, and write down in all honesty why and how you want to enter the business as a beginner investor.
It is possible you have been in the business for long and for reasons best known to you, you are thinking of re-strategizing or repositioning for optimum performances.

Whether you are a beginner investor or an investor thinking of re-strategizing, decide from the onset if you want to be a real estate consultant, real estate developer, commissioned agent, legal consultant on real estate, real estate surveyor, online publisher on real estate, etc.
Let us now go to the nitty-gritty of starting a real estate small business. Funds, locations, demand and supply, professionalism, uniqueness of service delivery and government policies on real estate determine to a great extent, when and how often you will get returns on your investments.

FUNDS

This is a very fundamental factor to note when getting into real estate business.
Real estate business is usually capital intensive. Meaning, you may need a sizeable amount of money before you can do the business.
For this reason, various options may be considered to pool funds together, which may include, joining an investment club, getting a loan from the bank, personal savings over the years or from the capital market.
Once the funds are secured and a viable deal is embarked on, the rest is garbage in, garbage out.
Even with sizeable amount of funds and leveraging on the principle of compounding of investment, you can make big money through properties at your level.

LOCATIONS

This is another factor that could determine how soon you will rake in returns on your real estate investment.
Citing a good location for your real estate business in Nigeria is crucial to a successful real estate venture.
Places with high development rate would be good to invest in, even though real estate thrives to a large extent everywhere.
Nigeria is a developing nation and real estate as it were, has great effect on the economic situation of the country, bearing in mind the need for a built and well planned environment.
Lagos for instance, which was the former capital of Nigeria has been estimated by the United Nations Organization to have a population of about 17 million people and these people who increase on a steady basis, will require shelters for their homes and businesses.
Therefore, the viability of real estate in Nigeria is guaranteed when done properly at the right locations.

ADVERT

Advertorials have a huge effect on the success of real estate ventures. Create public awareness for your business and with time, you will attract investors or clients.
Yes, the offline media, newspapers and magazines are quite expensive to run adverts with.
Nothing really good and valuable comes easy, so you should budget millions of naira or foreign currencies for your advertorials.

But, know from day one that the use of adverts take patience and consistency for your adverts to be seen by your potential investors and clients.
If you don’t have millions, do not let that scar you away from starting your real estate vision. With few thousands, you can join a real estate investment club and get the same mind blowing rate of returns yearly from your investment, though expectedly in proportion to your investment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Ravenna: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
kilode100:
The only thing you need is MONEY!!

Bye..
Money without knowlege is hell.
OP, You may not need money yet, you should make sure you aint a Daura President first and second is to read up books about real estate from giants like: Trump, Buffet etc
After then, you can proceed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by HomesOfLife(m): 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
Real estate is the best thing that can happen to you. All you need is good networking, publicity(good marketing skills) and branding(website, good office, good concept). The sky is your limit.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by dodobytes: 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
Best Advice:

Get some omonile boys to dey help u corner people land for starters.
Thank me later
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Destined2win:
Lately, I have developed this keen interest in real estate, it is one sector that I'd love to see myself venture into and create affordable homes for millions.

Please where do I start? Gurus in the house!
Be guarded accordingly, you need an Estate Surveyor & Valuer in your team.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
@OP

Firstly, it depends on the area of real estate business you wish to venture into. You need to sort that out first before any other step should be discussed. Meanwhile, don't mind those hinting about money- although you must have some capital but believe you me "big money" isn't among the first three most important things you need to have in place before venturing into it or any other business for that matter.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by bonavidrill: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
i can help u,i set up a buildn construction company wt a blue print to enter into real estate wen we generate enough fund,i hv all it takes in terms of expertise,message me on email bovifid@yahoo,com
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by emmygzy(m): 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
Destined2win:
Lately, I have developed this keen interest in real estate, it is one sector that I'd love to see myself venture into and create affordable homes for millions.

let me join you an.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Muthola(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
Real Estate business has many facets

1. Land flipping: Very profitable but you have to be patient, calculative and make lawyers your friend. You will buy land and sell it back in some months or years later.

2. Property Development : This is simply building on your land with a certain amount and selling it after construction with your gain on top. Say, you use #20 million to build an office complex in a developing area with good prospect of development, then you sell it at #25-30 million.
This is where the big boys make their money.

3. Estate Agent : You just link sellers of land and properties to the buyers, or you link tenants to house owners and collect your own percentage. This is very lucrative in Lagos and Abuja.

4. Home Rental: This is simply building for rental purpose. This also requires a lot of patience as you may not get your profit in time. Its a good investment for retirement purpose.

I am also a learner that wants to go into the business, a Civil Engineering graduate with interest in property development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by dinoGLGNG(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
Get a weed shop nig
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by emmygzy(m): 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
sped1oro:
If you are really interested in real estate business, look for Richard Nyong, the CEO of Lekki Gardens, his story and success in real estate sector will help you a great deal. I have read and carry out research on him and found out he started from the scrap. When he started his real estate business, he doesn't have an office but was using a lawyers office on Allen as point of call.
Even when he started making money from selling lands on behalf of land owners in Lekki, he was sleeping on site sometimes and he didn't went for clamorous or luxurious items of life rather he reinvested back his money into real estate and today he is one of the most successful real estate mogul in Nigeria.
Though, he is presently going through some challenges with Lagos State government as regards one of his collapsed building at Lekki but it's just one of many challenges of real estate investment.
You can check my other posts about Lekki Gardens and Richard Nyong for better insight.
If you need mentoring in real estate investment I can link you up with stakeholders in that sector.

Good luck to you.
wow. Link me up too
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by chidekings(m): 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
this op is not serious,una dey here dey advise am,while him they chyke one she-male
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Destined2win: 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
segcymoor:

Cash first then other follows.......if you mean business come and do JV in.lekki and I can assure you of 80m profits in less than 2 year.

-----------
If you used less than 100m to invest.
Trust me!
.....but u can start with 50m though!
Sir please what do you mean by JV
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by thesicilian: 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
opalu:
Congratulations for that decision. Welcome to the clique of those who tackle the nation's housing deficit.

VITAL STEPS FOR BEGINNERS:
1. Decide on which aspect you want to play in. Have a focus. Zero-In. Don't do everything. Don't be a "Gbogbonishe" in the industry that is everything to everyone (suppliers, builder, finishes, furniture, tilers, Architectural, land Agent, Piling Contractor etc. Remember this: Doing other people's works is The shortest distance to the grave and also the longest distance to wealth. Quote me anywhere.

2. Register a company and get key personnel on full time but you can do part time staff since you are just starting off. But you need the expertise of others if you want to play in the real estate. Whether your area is real estate development or real estate Management pere. Or real estate Investment company. You need people who compliment you in your skill-set needed for the operation.

3. Have a Real Estate Coach. This is even more important than almost all the points. A professional coach is someone who is easily accessible to you who can show you the way. Sometimes I speak at business seminars esp in churches on the mainland and you see a lot of young men tell me they want me to coach them. And when I throw a little challenge to solve they withdraw. Only a resolute protégé like Elisha gets mastery from his master Elijah. A mentor cuts off many decades of struggles off your learning curve. Ask the sons of the prophet that watched Elisha from afar.

4. Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the field. Read several books on real estate, attend seminars on it especially those that you pay. Buy the truth. Don't operate in obscurity inside your office. Money does not come from arranging chairs and decorations.

Etc etc too tired to type all the others.

There is Real wealth in Real estate. Only the lion at heart takes the lion share. MilLIONaire BilLIONaire. They all are lions at heart.

Love your write up
Can we chat more ?
bbm, whatsapp, email,?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by jossy26: 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Reference:
Very tough. First you need to identify a niche and go epic in it. You must make excellence your watchword because the competition is fierce. There are two certain ways of actualising your vision to house the poor. Start by making the rich even more succesful. Develop choice property for them and use the profits to subsidise low income housing. The second is a far longer route, invest in the prime factors of production to lower your cost. Buy land in bulk, build a cement factory and other industries making building materials. Establish links for long term, low rate credit. You simply cannot go low cost sourcing from open markets.

did you just type the above, someone is seeking for ways to go into real estate business you are saying he should build a cement factory? NL and advises sha
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by yurLink: 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Real estate is a very lucrative business, but cud be very difficult and tasking as well, i dont know much dou, bur i can with the little experience i have in d field, be of help. My mail is qtkmails@gmail.com or naija_property@yahoo.com. would be glad to get a response. Tosin
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Destined2win: 9:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
opalu:
Congratulations for that decision. Welcome to the clique of those who tackle the nation's housing deficit.

VITAL STEPS FOR BEGINNERS:
1. Decide on which aspect you want to play in. Have a focus. Zero-In. Don't do everything. Don't be a "Gbogbonishe" in the industry that is everything to everyone (suppliers, builder, finishes, furniture, tilers, Architectural, land Agent, Piling Contractor etc. Remember this: Doing other people's works is The shortest distance to the grave and also the longest distance to wealth. Quote me anywhere.

2. Register a company and get key personnel on full time but you can do part time staff since you are just starting off. But you need the expertise of others if you want to play in the real estate. Whether your area is real estate development or real estate Management pere. Or real estate Investment company. You need people who compliment you in your skill-set needed for the operation.

3. Have a Real Estate Coach. This is even more important than almost all the points. A professional coach is someone who is easily accessible to you who can show you the way. Sometimes I speak at business seminars esp in churches on the mainland and you see a lot of young men tell me they want me to coach them. And when I throw a little challenge to solve they withdraw. Only a resolute protégé like Elisha gets mastery from his master Elijah. A mentor cuts off many decades of struggles off your learning curve. Ask the sons of the prophet that watched Elisha from afar.

4. Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the field. Read several books on real estate, attend seminars on it especially those that you pay. Buy the truth. Don't operate in obscurity inside your office. Money does not come from arranging chairs and decorations.

Etc etc too tired to type all the others.

There is Real wealth in Real estate. Only the lion at heart takes the lion share. MilLIONaire BilLIONaire. They all are lions at heart.

I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS. THANK YOU
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Awolowo86: 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
The real estate sector is a very dynamic and volatile sector, you can have all the basic plans and projections, have the most fantastic business plan, have the most intelligent mentor and still fail in the business, and believe me when I say failure in the real estate business is usually monumental and very common, I will highlight a couple of things you will need to understand first before you dive into the interesting (and highly rewarding) world of real estate.
1- Decide on and understudy the location you want to operate in.
Different states in Nigeria have different modes of operations in the real estate, the Abuja market (which I am, so I will say I have a couple of information on this location) is quite different from the Lagos market, from the process of getting the land, to the design of type of facility to the type of clients and type of services you are expected to provide in the estate is quite different.
2- Have a good network and contacts
Real estate business is a business of network (the saying that your network will determine your net-worth, is really valid in the real estate business). In Abuja, for example, its not in all cases that you will need to buy land first before you can go into the business, its possible that you can have somebody that has a parcel of land and wants to sell, you discuss with the person to give you access to the land and that you will pay gradually, you design the estate and and start selling, then you pay back the owner of the land from the sales of the land; that is where your network comes in, because you will need to sell fast so that you can meet up.
3- Decide on which area of real estate you want to do.
Real estate is more than selling houses, you can be an estate agent (somebody who works with developers and offers estate lands for sale, collects his agency and moves on), you can be a facility manager (somebody who manages an estate facilities such as common ways, green areas and the likes), you can be an estate marketing firm (there is a huge market for this, because the cost of maintaining a marketing unit in an office is usually very high, so some real estate companies hires marketing firms, who sell their estates for them, my company does this alot), you can also be a property agent (that is having houses for rent and collecting your commission per houses rented) and much more areas.
Registering a company with CAC and all those blah blah blah is not the key, cos you can have a registered company and it wont make you any money. So understudy first the location you want to major in, understudy the area of real estate you want to major in and develop your network, with that you can now start thinking of registering a company and making it all official.
Above all, PRAY THAT OLUWA PICKS YOUR CALL, because even with the housing deficit out there, its a crazy world in the real estate sector.
Take note, that having lush fund is not the most important thing here also, because you can have large expanse of land that people cannot buy or are not buying, so whats the use
I hope this 2 shillings helps. . .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by waldigit: 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
Destined2win:

the first thing you need is idea
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Destined2win: 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
brunofarad:
The first of all is thE IDEA
Then the DRIVE
Finally the CONVICTION

Without the CONVICTION

You will chicken out at the first trying time

Did u notice I never Mentioned money ? Thank you Sire

Experience told me that success in stArtups is not usuAlly about $money
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by FIRDAUS3(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Not everything is money. So far you've already make up your mind definitely you'll make it. I Have these little advice for you.
1. Take a tour within the South West And see by yourself how Real estate business is moving.
2. know the best area to invest in real estate.
3. Hire some professionals in the estate management field.
4. Give your Company a good name and get it registered.
5. Pay more attention to the business especially when building a project.
6. Have more focus in Building hostel accommodation.
7. Look for acres of land, buy it. Liv it for a while then convert it as Estate area. You will make more money so far the place is not Inside Bush. May God leads you through.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by Destined2win: 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
sped1oro:

Good luck to you.
Thank you so much. I will appreciate any kind of assistance you are willing to render
Re: I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? by idowukike: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Well said,but I think real estate coach is key,so you won't miss it from the start.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buy Sharp Sand At The Best Price / Building Collapses In Mile 12, Lagos, One Dead ( PHOTOS) / "Fire Burnt Down My Mother's Shop And All My Family's School Certificates" - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.