Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. (19648 Views)

12 Questions And Answers In Janazah / Being A Full Hijabite Plus A Footballer, Outter The Fold Of Islam? / 7 Hilarious Questions A Muslim Asked About Mohammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Emu4life(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bimiafashion:
HILARIOUS QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS I'VE HEARD AS AN HIJABITE.

* Your dress is so nice, it's a pity you cover it up with your hijab.
(Why are you pitying me? You want to take antibiotics for someone else's infection? My
dressing is incomplete without my hijab).

* Do you people wear earrings?
(Yes we do. Average of 2-3 piercings plus an optional, privileged one on the nose for
those wearing niqab!).

* How will you get someone to marry you?
(Seriously?! So, men now have to see your whole body before they decide whether you're Ms. Right
or not? Those wearing niqab can simply reveal their faces to interested brothers, in the
presence of a third party: a male relative or another woman).

* Why do you allow a man to enslave you like this?
( Which man? Last time I checked, my dad/ brother/uncle is still trying to understand why I'm
wearing it. Some hijabites are not even married yet, so, don't think it's the husbands forcing them).

* You can't find a job with this kind of dressing.
( Oh! Really?! Who told you I'm looking for a modelling job?).

* OMG! Your hair is so beautiful.
( Hijab is no excuse for a broken, unkempt, lice-infested hair!!!).

* Do you feel comfortable in this hot weather?
( Yes. There's a thermostat in the brain- the hypothalamus- that helps to adapt to temperature changes. My hypothalamus has
gotten "used to" me wearing the hijab when it is hot. Therefore, it has been RESET to withstand a
higher temperature. So, I'm fine...).

* Do you wear it indoors too?
(No. As long as a "strange" male or
unreliable female is not around, I can remove my hijab and wear ANYTHING inside my father's/ husband's house).

* This is just Arab culture.
( It's not. Go check the history of the Arabs. Women's nudity used to be displayed for entertainment before Islaam came. Hijab is a
religious duty, not a cultural attire).

* Why do you wear this hijab sef?
( The most intelligent question of all. It is a divine injuction. It's clearly stated in the Quran.
I LOVE DZ PIECE!!!! SISTER, may Allah reward u abundantly 4 ur perfect answers.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
k4kenny:
Beautifully written smiley

On the issue of heat. I find it funny that I barely feel hot even when uncovered people are bitterly complaining. Someone once asked me how I haven't fainted in this heat with all my covering grin I guess the brain has just adjusted the internal body temperature.
People also think my husband is responsible for my dressing. Like I'm too dumb to make an independent decision, a man must force me to dress abi undecided

Ladies should understand the hijab is more than a clothing accessory, its a call of duty to Allah(swt). It goes beyond the dressing all the veil. It also encompassing of the character, mannerisms etc.

Exactly, sister. One of the most ugly things that I hate to experience is someone using the hijab but with little or no proper orientation about it.

The muslim woman is an epitome of modesty, shyness and chastity. And the hijab is one aspect of the several other aspects of this noble attribute.

There was a day I boarded BRT bus, some veiled women entered the bus too, and subhanaLLaah, what a lousy nuisance they were!!! Shouting in the bus, under the veil, and folding the hijab they had on, the Ankara (or lace or whatever they had under) was all out, they were very reckless, careless and carefree about the hijab they had on. I was super embarrassed that day.

This kind of trait is a result of ignorance, some people just use the hijab and don't follow it up with the proper knowledge which will orientate them on the befitting speech and manner that completes the hijab.

Once you use the hijab, you're consciously or unconsciously, an ambassador of Islam, whatever you say or do forms a part of the the picture people around you will have of Islam and Muslims.

May Allah rectify our men and women and increase us in knowledge and understanding of our religion.

5 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Proffdada: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
Meanwhile

8 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ashiat39:
How can you hear when people are talking to you with this hijab?, are you sure your brain haven't been stained with dat black thing you are putting on?, why are you wearing hijab in the bank, does it looks lyk a mosque?, and lot more
come and see one of them
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by sherif4owo(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
JazaakumuLLaahu khayraa
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by highskies(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
May Allah swt Continue to bless the Op, every muslimah out there and every muslim around the world.

Jazakallahu khairan my dear sister.

NB: to those of you that make inappropriate comments on a thread which is meant only for those of us that say and believe in "la illah illah-llah, muhammadu rosullulah", I ask just one question "WHY?"
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by TinyIslamic92: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
gifsCEC:

Is the word in bold Islam compliant?

You mean compliance well it's not but that's the word that best suits the line
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by gifsCEC: 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
TinyIslamic92:
You mean compliance well it's not but that's the word that best suits the line

No. I meant compliant. Is the swear word you used Islam compliant? Will Allah and Mohammed be happy you used a swear word?

Since you know its not, then why use it?

I'm a new convert so educate me

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
TinyIslamic92:
Hey kid here is not your playground so kindly Bleep off the thread angry
I concur
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Proffdada:
Meanwhile
undecided
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Peacefultosin: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
ActOfWar:
The one and only thing that stands to threaten Islam is the ignorance of muslims. May Allah guide us all.

Very correct. I think Muslim Scholars should take it upon themselves to enlighten those of us who are not so learned in islamic knowledge using forum such as nairaland.
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by aiish: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hijab, my PRIDE their FEAR

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
Peacefultosin:

Very correct. I think Muslim Scholars should take it upon themselves to enlighten those of us who are not so learned in islamic knowledge using forum such as nairaland.

True!
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
Peacefultosin:

The scholars are striving day and night. It's the people that are not willing to learn.

Books have been written by scholars past and present, millions of books, short and long. But nobody cares to even search for any!
Rather they busy themselves with stories and news of celebrities, music, football and movies that won't benefit them in this world or the hereafter.

How many people attend madrasah or even send their children to standard Madrasah?!

How many of us can PROPERLY recite Surat Fatihah?!

How many of us has ever spent 15mins of his life researching about Solah?!

How many of us know the conditions and nullifiers of laa ilaha illa Allah?

Many of us don't know any of the above and yet we feel we are good and practicing Muslims, hoping to die and enter jannah stainless.

People are living in abject ignorance, stark ignorance and yet they don't care.

The people of knowledge are striving day and night but no one appreciates them.
They are not even seeking appreciation, all they want is for the people to learn their religion and increase in guidance.
So look for a halqah (circle) of knowledge in your location and start improving.

If anyone wishes to find a halqah in his vicinity, he/she should send me a PM. and in shaa Allah we will get one for him/her

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by yayabu(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hijab covers and protect a good Muslim woman just like we cover and protect every important thing in our lives.we pray that our sister's should always wear and cherish the hijab ignore all those saying all sought of things about it they are only jealous that you are more beautiful than them without even exposing your body. So be proud Of Hijab in every day of your life.
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by HaneefahRN(f): 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
Jazakallahu khairan for this wonderful post.
Jummah mubarak to all my muslim brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by rileyy(m): 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
Your rewards are in heaven, I rejoice for you my sister. جزاك اللهُ خيراً
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by abdddone(m): 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
Let us endeavour to indicate the reference of any copied post as to be able to refer it back to the original writer thereby protecting intellectual property
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by abdddone(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bimiafashion:
HILARIOUS QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS I'VE HEARD AS AN HIJABITE.

* Your dress is so nice, it's a pity you cover it up with your hijab.
(Why are you pitying me? You want to take antibiotics for someone else's infection? My
dressing is incomplete without my hijab).

* Do you people wear earrings?
(Yes we do. Average of 2-3 piercings plus an optional, privileged one on the nose for
those wearing niqab!).

* How will you get someone to marry you?
(Seriously?! So, men now have to see your whole body before they decide whether you're Ms. Right
or not? Those wearing niqab can simply reveal their faces to interested brothers, in the
presence of a third party: a male relative or another woman).

* Why do you allow a man to enslave you like this?
( Which man? Last time I checked, my dad/ brother/uncle is still trying to understand why I'm
wearing it. Some hijabites are not even married yet, so, don't think it's the husbands forcing them).

* You can't find a job with this kind of dressing.
( Oh! Really?! Who told you I'm looking for a modelling job?).

* OMG! Your hair is so beautiful.
( Hijab is no excuse for a broken, unkempt, lice-infested hair!!!).

* Do you feel comfortable in this hot weather?
( Yes. There's a thermostat in the brain- the hypothalamus- that helps to adapt to temperature changes. My hypothalamus has
gotten "used to" me wearing the hijab when it is hot. Therefore, it has been RESET to withstand a
higher temperature. So, I'm fine...).

* Do you wear it indoors too?
(No. As long as a "strange" male or
unreliable female is not around, I can remove my hijab and wear ANYTHING inside my father's/ husband's house).

* This is just Arab culture.
( It's not. Go check the history of the Arabs. Women's nudity used to be displayed for entertainment before Islaam came. Hijab is a
religious duty, not a cultural attire).

* Why do you wear this hijab sef?
( The most intelligent question of all. It is a divine injuction. It's clearly stated in the Quran.

Always refer a post back to its writer.. jazaakumullahu khaer
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
abdddone:

Always refer a post back to its writer.. jazaakumullahu khaer
Are you the writer? I'm just wondering how you knew she isn't the writer cool
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by TinyIslamic92: 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
gifsCEC:

No. I meant compliant. Is the swear word you used Islam compliant? Will Allah and Mohammed be happy you used a swear word?

Since you know its not, then why use it?

I'm a new convert so educate me
I apologize on the swear word I used earlier but the guy sure deserve it, on the contrary of educating part am not so good on that part but I can reference you to a Muslim brother who can give you a thorough lecture on it and we sure have brothers in the house who can
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by missyQween(f): 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nice thread.... It is also funny when people see u wearing hijab on the street and ask u....Are u aboki ni? And probably ur friends will tell u,With this fine hair u plait u want to cover it... lol....May Allah save us and strengthen our faith....Ameen

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by eitsei(m): 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
gifsCEC:

Is the word in bold Islam compliant?

no, the word is not Islam compliant as it was said by Allah in the Qur'an [chapter 33,verse 70-71] Al-Ahzaab : 70

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَقُولُوا قَوْلًا سَدِيدًا

O you who have believed, fear Allah and speak words of appropriate justice.
Al-Ahzaab : 71

يُصْلِحْ لَكُمْ أَعْمٰلَكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ ۗ وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُۥ فَقَدْ فَازَ فَوْزًا عَظِيمًا

"He will [then] amend for you your deeds and forgive you your sins. And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly attained a great attainment"

It was also reported from the Prophet, may the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him that; "who ever believes in Allah and the last day, he should always say good words or keep quiet"

Having said, I guess the person that used the word made a mistake by using it out of impatience on his part in order to quote someone who posted a displeasing comment and that is his mistake as a person not what Islam teaches, so don't use his actions to judge Islam

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
missyQween:
Nice thread.... It is also funny when people see u wearing hijab on the street and ask u....Are u aboki ni? And probably ur friends will tell u,With this fine hair u plait u want to cover it ... lol....May Allah save us and strengthen our faith....Ameen

Abi ooo ... As if it's a public commodity in the first place ... Allahulmusta'aan
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
jsea:
I pirri u..............Dress like a masquerade and call it religion

I pirri you more. encourage your sisters to dress like cave men and call it civilization. look for the nearest closet and hide yourself.

op, jazakallahu khairan

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Ashiat39(f): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
Newnas:

The scholars are striving day and night. It's the people that are not willing to learn.

Books have been written by scholars past and present, millions of books, short and long. But nobody cares to even search for any!
Rather they busy themselves with stories and news of celebrities, music, football and movies that won't benefit them in this world or the hereafter.

How many people attend madrasah or even send their children to standard Madrasah?!

How many of us can PROPERLY recite Surat Fatihah?!

How many of us has ever spent 15mins of his life researching about Solah?!

How many of us know the conditions and nullifiers of laa ilaha illa Allah?

Many of us don't know any of the above and yet we feel we are good and practicing Muslims, hoping to die and enter jannah stainless.

People are living in abject ignorance, stark ignorance and yet they don't care.

The people of knowledge are striving day and night but no one appreciates them.
They are not even seeking appreciation, all they want is for the people to learn their religion and increase in guidance.
So look for a halqah (circle) of knowledge in your location and start improving.

If anyone wishes to find a halqah in his vicinity, he/she should send me a PM. and in shaa Allah we will get one for him/her
I seriously need some Islamic novels but getting it is the problem
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
missyQween:
Nice thread.... It is also funny when people see u wearing hijab on the street and ask u....Are u aboki ni? And probably ur friends will tell u,With this fine hair u plait u want to cover it... lol....May Allah save us and strengthen our faith....Ameen

ameen.

and I'm like "how does the sight of my hair add to your CGPA?"

cc Smellymouth

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by hikmojj(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ma shaa Allah.... may Allah preserve u sis. I love u for Allah's sake.
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
khalifahsparkles:

ameen.
and I'm like "how does the sight of my hair add to your CGPA?"
cc Smellymouth
lol... our sisters are not for public consumption... cool
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by sheubaba2013: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
Join Islamic village on whatsapp, it's a group for muslims and it comprises of intellectuals, and good Muslims. You will learn from Quranic post, hadith, Islamic stories etc. You r free to contribute. To join the group contact bro Zakariya sheik on 08038834322. And u will be added In Shaa Allah... Subhanaka Allahumma wabihamdik ashahadu an laailaha illa anta astegfiruka waatubu ilaik.
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ashiat39:

I seriously need some Islamic novels but getting it is the problem

http://www.salafimanhaj.com

https://abdurrahman.org

islamqa.com

troid.ca

In shaa Allah, you will get beneficial, PDFs, articles and maybe audios from those sites.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by missyQween(f): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
Newnas:

Abi ooo ... As if it's a public commodity in the first place ... Allahulmusta'aan

I tire for them oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salat Questions / Nigerian Pilgrim Dies In Saudi Arabia / What's Islam View On Mouth Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.