Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG (11311 Views)

UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says / No Fund For Eastern Rail Projects Yet - FG / Picture Of Saraki Signing 2016 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

All this shows is that corruption has eaten so deep into the Nigerian psyche, that cleaning it up is going to take a long time.

And another thing...corruption is not restricted to Mr Governor and the executive.Sure...we all clap when EFCC arrests a big shot politician. But the real job is amongst the civil service too....and many other parts of Nigerian life.

I am not glad that the budget is taking too long....but we cannot pretend that passing it early would have made everything all right. We could have passed it in January....and be complaining by now about how much money is missing...while the corrupt smile home to the banks.

It is not business as usual in Nigeria. Nigeria has changed....and we hope it continues to change for the better. No to corruption.
Brox stop the whining. Let's assume all you said is true. How many heads pmb claimed will roll in budget office since he said he or his ministers were not the one that padded the first budget to 6T yet Mr Linus came on board to tell us the budget didn't exceed the 6TN amount which means that budget was never padded by the civil servants initially. It was a deliberate attempt to shift blame & issue threat because if whistle blowers had not put all those aso rock hospital, website upgrade in millions to lime light it would have been passed.
Now buhari came with exclusion of calabar rail project missing claiming it was in the first budget submitted only to discover it wasn't in the first padded and second budget but was submitted to the budget committee of the senate not the entire senate.
Fourth episode is that of lawmakers circumventing money to themselves then we heard another tales of head will roll yet till date no single head.
I'm sure by October this budget will be used for 2017
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 21, 2016
moyakz:

so we should wait till eternity,just like we waited for the promised 'saints-filled' ministerial list which later turned out to be a list of 're-branded pen-armed robbers'??wise up bro!
good morning anyway.

They will pass it. It is just that thanks to limited cash.....everyone is trying to block leakages.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2016
DavidGodwin:

I didn't insult you. How a government can refute claims is my concern. Now they've claimed they didn't sign currency deal with China. And u seem to "understand" with them?

Good morning sir. No offense please

None taken. But personally speaking....telling me to ''go to bed'' was a bit rude too, so to speak.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me. It is when they start sounding off that I get annoyed.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Brox stop the whining. Let's assume all you said is true. How many heads pmb claimed will roll in budget office since he said he or his ministers were not the one that padded the first budget to 6T yet Mr Linus came on board to tell us the budget didn't exceed the 6TN amount which means that budget was never padded by the civil servants initially. It was a deliberate attempt to shift blame & issue threat because if whistle blowers had not put all those aso rock hospital, website upgrade in millions to lime light it would have been passed.
Now buhari came with exclusion of calabar rail project missing claiming it was in the first budget submitted only to discover it wasn't in the first padded and second budget but was submitted to the budget committee of the senate not the entire senate.
Fourth episode is that of lawmakers circumventing money to themselves then we heard another tales of head will roll yet till date no single head.
I'm sure by October this budget will be used for 2017

It is one thing to accuse...another thing to build a case.

I daresay EFCC should be investigating. As for prosecutions...you cannot prosecute senators and reps...and since no money went into private accounts yet from this budget...prosecuting civil servants too is going to be difficult.

At any rate....let us have a working budget...not the mass stealing of decades past.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by PHIPEX(m): 8:59am On Apr 21, 2016
A year after assuming power, no contract awarded, no project commissioned and the worse of it, no budget. 2018-2019, Will be dedicated to election so this confused man has literally less than 2years to work.

Whoever cursed Nigeria with this govt seems to be succeeding.

1 Like

Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Goke7: 9:06am On Apr 21, 2016
na wa o people want a budget that has been padded by the lawmakers to be signed just like that and later accused the president of corruption.

Nigerians can be funny sha
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

It is one thing to accuse...another thing to build a case.

I daresay EFCC should be investigating. As for prosecutions...you cannot prosecute senators and reps...and since no money went into private accounts yet from this budget...prosecuting civil servants too is going to be difficult.

At any rate....let us have a working budget...not the mass stealing of decades past.
You keep dodging the questions. U try well a
If senators heads can't roll after the FG alleged the committee chairman and members allocated funds to their wards in tune of hundreds of million then something is wrong with the corruption fight.
Let's put senators aside, what about the budget office the president claimed padded the found missing budget which was given to him to go through & he even presented?
Abeg I no get your time with those philosophy

1 Like

Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by moyakz(m): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

They will pass it. It is just that thanks to limited cash.....everyone is trying to block leakages.
bros,if there is limited cash,ajala the traveller won't be travelling and touring around the globe.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by unapapadeycraze: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2016
Missmossy:
Chai! By this time of the year. God help us.

Hi. Don't you reply pms?
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by moyakz(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Goke7:
na wa o people want a budget that has been padded by the lawmakers to be signed just like that and later accused the president of corruption.

u don come again abi?
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Goke7:

But the first found missing budget padded by the budget office according to claims from the presidency yet sent to the president, read by the president on the senate floor but when whistle blowers opened it up it was cankerworms & d president is yet to roll the heads of those responsible after one month. Abeg park well
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Reference(m): 9:21am On Apr 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
It is taking a long time to sign the budget.

I guess the problem has a lot to do with the corrupt additives to the budget, and less to do with service delivery.

It is no longer business as usual. No more additions that do not make sense.

At the beginning the excuses are like ten paragraphs but now just two. Even you must be fed up. Admit it. Playing defence is energy sapping. Ask Ozil.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 21, 2016
Reference:

At the beginning the excuses are like ten paragraphs but now just two. Even you must be fed up. Admit it. Playing defence is energy sapping. Ask Ozil.

grin

Problem with Nigeria...when you want to do the right thing...the whole process gets too complicated.

Take the cases of politicians prosecuted in the recent past. Abroad...it is just a simple case of charge, case....jail or acquit.

Here in Nigeria....it is a case of charge....then deal with the ''They are persecuting our son''....then it is threat of war...then...

Things have been done badly in Nigeria for decades. Now we are doing the right thing...scrutinizing the budget closely....and all of a sudden it is wrong.

Me, I am not defending the government. I am glad they are scrutinizing the budget...but I am also watching. I have to.

1 Like

Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Benoy: 9:26am On Apr 21, 2016
Effect of not hitting the ground running...
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Goke7: 9:39am On Apr 21, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

But the first found missing budget padded by the budget office according to claims from the presidency yet sent to the president, read by the president on the senate floor but when whistle blowers opened it up it was cankerworms & d president is yet to roll the heads of those responsible after one month. Abeg park well

so he should go ahead and sign it ba? Na u suppose park well jor if the budget is okay, it will be signed.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by luvprince4real(m): 9:51am On Apr 21, 2016
Almajiri1:

The government seems tohave resorted to lies and propaganda to distract the citizens from their self induced incompetence.
what do u expect from a government whose spoke persons name is Lie.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by luvprince4real(m): 9:54am On Apr 21, 2016
#bringbackGEj

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Reference(m): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

grin

Problem with Nigeria...when you want to do the right thing...the whole process gets too complicated.

Take the cases of politicians prosecuted in the recent past. Abroad...it is just a simple case of charge, case....jail or acquit.

Here in Nigeria....it is a case of charge....then deal with the ''They are persecuting our son''....then it is threat of war...then...

Things have been done badly in Nigeria for decades. Now we are doing the right thing...scrutinizing the budget closely....and all of a sudden it is wrong.

Me, I am not defending the government. I am glad they are scrutinizing the budget...but I am also watching. I have to.

When you are haemorraging investment and cannot attract replacements the last thing you need is to accentuate uncertainty. This anti-corruption thing is destroying the economy for scant benefits. If the government has no money to fund the budget and is just running down the clock it should say so and not leave the rest of us in uncertainty. We have a couple of Indians out there waiting on the stable exchange rate. The delayed budget doesn't help.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by nabiz(m): 10:06am On Apr 21, 2016
...and those useless ministers are collecting their monthly salaries without doing anything
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by NavierStokes(m): 10:07am On Apr 21, 2016
Reference:

When you are haemorraging investment and cannot attract replacements the last thing you need is to accentuate uncertainty. This anti-corruption thing is destroying the economy for scant benefits. If the government has no money to fund the budget and is just running down the clock it should say so and not leave the rest of us in uncertainty. We have a couple of Indians out there waiting on the stable exchange rate. The delayed budget doesn't help.

You are right brother, people seem to forget that the benchmark was $38 per barrel at 2.2million barrelsperday. Now we have had oil prices below $38 a barrel for January plus February, and production has been less than 1.9 million barrels a day this year, even averaging 1.6+million barrels a day. NNPC is with holding cash in dollars, plus a large chunk of the TSA which is their money and they need for their operations, Customs is recording shortfalls from targeted revenues due to the currency issues and at the same time FIRS will be recording reduced taxes due to reduced business activities. So the government had against our wailing,made over ambitious plans and projections last year, reality has set in and now they are trying to use delay tactics and blame games even abandoning the 2016 budget to work on 2017 budget according to this article.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by prinsam30: 10:29am On Apr 21, 2016
why is this budget taking forever na
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by onatisi(m): 11:06am On Apr 21, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Almajiri1: 11:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Goke7:

How are you this beautiful day? How's Aisha saloon business doing?
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Deepfreezer(m): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2016
please I'm expecting zombies to come and still defend their masters. FOOOOOOOOOLS that's what anybody that is supporting Buhari and his government are. Igbo, hausa, yoruba I don't care who's in power, Nigeria need to be fixed.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Deepfreezer(m): 11:18am On Apr 21, 2016
Goke7:

so he should go ahead and sign it ba? Na u suppose park well jor if the budget is okay, it will be signed.
ZOMBIE... they hv started crawling from their cages.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by gbadexy(m): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2016
Sweetguy25:

So the whole Chinese currency swap story was a scam? Chai! This government will wreck Nigeria with its propaganda and lies!
Why are people here not commenting on this very important part.
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
Very insensitive government.. They don't even care about what our people are going through.. Nawa o
Re: No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG by compujyde: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker / 2023: Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed Meet To Pick Northern Consensus Aspirant / Politics Section Moderator Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.