Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,064 members, 7,953,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted (1313 Views)

10 Of The Most Promiscuous Countries In The World. / More Revelations About Introverts / 8 Amazing Secrets People Need To Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Laitesmart(m): 6:31am On Apr 22, 2016
The debate on extrovert and introvert has been there for ages and it's actually going nowhere. Like many stereotypes, we haven't been able to get into a conclusion.
Ever since Carl Jung first started giving people their personality types, there's been a divide between the introvert and extrovert camps. It's possible to bridge that gap, though. Well, on a Quora thread,
Kelly La Rue debusted the myths on introverts.
Myth 1- Introverts don't like to talk.
Debusted- This is not true. Introverts just don't talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won't shut up for days.
Myth 2 - Introverts are shy.
Debusted- Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don't interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don't worry about being polite.
Myth 3 - Introverts are rude.
Debusted- Introverts often don't see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
Myth 4 - Introverts don't like people.
Debusted- On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you're in.
Myth 5 - Introverts don't like to go out in public.
Debusted- Nonsense. Introverts just don't like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don't need to be there for long to "get it." They're ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial pfor Introverts.
Myth 6 - Introverts always want to be alone.
Debusted- Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don't have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth 7 - Introverts are weird.
Debusted- Introverts are often individualists. They don't follow the crowd. They'd prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don't make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myths 8 - Introverts are aloof nerds.
Debusted- Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It's not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them; it's just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth 9 - Introverts don't know how to relax and have fun.
Debusted- Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth 10 - Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Debusted- A world without Introverts would be a world with few scientists, musicians, artists, poets, filmmakers, doctors, mathematicians, writers, and philosophers. That being said, there are still plenty of techniques an Extrovert can learn in order to interact with Introverts. ntroverts cannot "fix themselves" and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the degree of Introversion increases with IQ.

Source: http://www.lifehacker.co.in/life/10-Myths-About-Introverts-Busted/articleshow/51736707.cms

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by babs01(m): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2016
I'm an introvert and I'm loving it

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Adex7004(m): 7:20am On Apr 22, 2016
wow, Im not alone

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by chigoizie7(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2016
Neither am i.

100%.

I am that type of introvert that loves locking myself in a closet and den smoke my head up (skunk) and den go strolling with my bae all mute and quiet.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Laitesmart(m): 9:31am On Apr 22, 2016
chigoizie7:
Neither am i.

100%.

I am that type of introvert that loves locking myself in a closet and den smoke my head up (skunk) and den go strolling with my bae all mute and quiet.
IntroSKUNKism
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by faith551(m): 10:13am On Apr 22, 2016
wow so so true,
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Mykelpato(m): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
yeah i'm one
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Hormoniyi25(m): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
101% true
I have very few people I confide in
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
Whatever!
Who is this Kelly tho, he must be really jobless
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
I love being myself
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Laitesmart(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2016
pinceprinz:
Whatever!

Who is this Kelly tho, he must be really jobless

U don vex?
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by NarnieSnyper(m): 9:12am On Apr 23, 2016
And i'm like ''wetin this babe dey yan sef''

Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by psalmuelwater(m): 10:44am On Apr 23, 2016
Sometimes I hate being an introvert.
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by CaroLyner(f): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2016
Introverts are rude.
Debusted- Introverts often don't see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find
exhausting.

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Michizzy(f): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2016
Wow! Perfectly defined me cheesy
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by kelebedowski(m): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2016
OP got every single word 4 me !! I mean am an introvert by nature and I can say everything here is true about me ! NICE ....
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Aremu01(m): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
I can relate to this
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Florblu(f): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hmmm...True #ProudIntrovert
Re: 10 Of The Most Popular Myths About Introverts Debusted by Aremu01(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Florblu:
Hmmm...True #ProudIntrovert
Yimu

(1) (Reply)

Tgif What Song Would Make Your Day? / My Girlfriend Can't Cook / Affordable Pleasant Meals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.