Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili (28182 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Nigeria Tribune Newspaper Apologises To Ezekwesili Over “buhari’s Sack” Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Nten: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
I really don't know what this woman is talking about but I am aware that Ben Bruce has started campaigning against this move long ago and had even taking delivery of his personal innoson manufactured suv to buttress his point.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by tit(f): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Smelling vagina oby,
smelling big wide vagina.
you wont go and seat dawn.

obj like her because obj like smelling vagina
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by omonnakoda: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
Reference:

No sir. He represents his Federal Constituency, the people who voted him. Did you vote for or against him. He also represents the Senate if appointed into committees to handle functions of oversight. Hd also represents his party on issues for and against party positions, manifestos and interests. How Bruce represents someone in kaura Namoda or Epe befuddles me. It is the Executive that has pan-Nigerian responsibilities. Ben Bruce did not swear to the Nigerian flag at Eagles Square. That is why I have always advocated for the Legislature to be sponsored by their constituency to represent them in Abuja. It should not be a full time job and the Executive who they check should not hold the purse strings.
Whether it should be a full time job is another debate and another discussion . That is not relevant here

So the Senators from Lagos Should keep quiet about Boko Haram because it does not affect them? That is upside down Logic . Senators have a responsibility to their constituents and to NIGERIA . I repeat TO NIGERIA . That is what they swore to. So unless you are telling me otherwise senators are NOT ONLY responsible to their constituents but to NIGERIA and ALL NIGERIANS. Why should a senator from Imo state be concerned about Chibok Girls ? By your logic it is not their business

The fact is that all senators represent all Nigerians, The Senate makes laws on issues in Epe or kaura Namoda, is it only those from Kaura Namoda or Epe that vote on suuch issues? When Lagos State applies for Foreign Loans is it only Lagos Senators that speak.
This specific issue on cars is there a kaura Namoda jeep or an Epe Jeep. Is the opportunity cost of the jeep not affecting everyone.
Let me explain a ver simple concept to you > It is called precedence. If a course of action is proposed and it does not directly affect a senator's constituents at that time and he fails to oppose in the future when it is attempted on his constituents it will be too late. There are few federal laws or actions that are so limited in scope or territory that they do not affect everyone. Finally NO ONE SENATOR can pass any law or take any action without the involvement of others. There is one Senate and NOT 109
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by OAUTemitayo: 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
if it is Osun state issue he won't tell people to ask their senator o. Bloody hypocrite
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by OAUTemitayo: 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
if it is Osun state issue he won't tell people to ask their senator o. Bloody hypocrite
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by omonnakoda: 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
tit:
Smelling vagina oby,
smelling big wide vagina.
you wont go and seat dawn.

obj like her because obj like smelling vagina
It seems you have special expertise in that area
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by bender79: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
ndcide:
Oh my my my goodness grin

Mr Bruce just has a way dropping the bomb. Actually what he said is common sense.

After all, Madam Oby was not asking him in good light. She was being too personal. Like a sycophant.

I think some people just can't believe that Mr Bruce does not align with them politically yet makes so much sense. Why do you guys over hype the immigrant?

They just wish Mr Bruce was a buharideen or a zombie. So the get annoyed at him for no reason.

One question for them, Bruce grew up in Lagos.

If he goes head to head with remi tinubu, for that senatorial district, who will you vote for. Just say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by bender79: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ben Bruce is an over hyped immigrant.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by possibilita(m): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
HolyHero:
This woman is the definition of wailer and hypocrite
hypocritic wailer
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by HolyHero: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
possibilita:
hypocritic wailer
where did this zombie crawl out from

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Gabphina(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

Did the senator representing you, not collect SUV? Na only BMB be senator. My advice is to stop and avoid. Before he replies u in a common sense manner. He is representing my constituency and am proud of him. Are u proud of yours? That's even if u know him.
Pavarotti the name reminds me of only one man. I hope you can sing well well like him

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by odikimi: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
bender79:
Ben Bruce is an over hyped immigrant.
BMB an immigrant? Are you serious? Then what do you call your Fulani president who is from Futa Jalon? Please stop abusing my senator representing me. I am not complaining and I voted for him, so you better cry to your useless, common senseless senator representing you; that is only if you know him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by odikimi: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
omonnakoda:
Whether it should be a full time job is another debate and another discussion . That is not relevant here

So the Senators from Lagos Should keep quiet about Boko Haram because it does not affect them? That is upside down Logic . Senators have a responsibility to their constituents and to NIGERIA . I repeat TO NIGERIA . That is what they swore to. So unless you are telling me otherwise senators are NOT ONLY responsible to their constituents but to NIGERIA and ALL NIGERIANS. Why should a senator from Imo state be concerned about Chibok Girls ? By your logic it is not their business

The fact is that all senators represent all Nigerians, The Senate makes laws on issues in Epe or kaura Namoda, is it only those from Kaura Namoda or Epe that vote on suuch issues? When Lagos State applies for Foreign Loans is it only Lagos Senators that speak.
This specific issue on cars is there a kaura Namoda jeep or an Epe Jeep. Is the opportunity cost of the jeep not affecting everyone.
Let me explain a ver simple concept to you > It is called precedence. If a course of action is proposed and it does not directly affect a senator's constituents at that time and he fails to oppose in the future when it is attempted on his constituents it will be too late. There are few federal laws or actions that are so limited in scope or territory that they do not affect everyone. Finally NO ONE SENATOR can pass any law or take any action without the involvement of others. There is one Senate and NOT 109

Please he is representing me and it is only my constituency that has right to recall him. We are very much okay with so look for your own Senator. He helped Osun State because they are like orphans and needed help which he did on humanitarian ground.

3 Likes

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Deen77: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
that ugly beast undecided

Send us your mama picture, for us to confirm who is a beast among d two.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by YOLO1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
Is Ben BRUCE the only senator at the senate? We shouldn't pinpoint him for the excesses of NASS. He is not the senate president. He doesn't even have a major post dia

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by possibilita(m): 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
HolyHero:
where did this zombie crawl out from
am no zombie am a proud wailer,I was just trying to make ur statement 1 wen u said she is a wailer and an hypocrite so I just felt u cud just call her an hypocritic wailer.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Reference(m): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
omonnakoda:

Whether you like it or not, a Legislator is responsible to his constituency. That is the premise of this system of government. Have you heard of the term 'national interest'. This is where the likes of Bokoharam, the Olympics, JAMB, etc affects a typical lawmaker: 'as they AFFECT his people so his interests lie'. That is why on typical motions votes are taken. The Executive doesn't vote on issues because it has a fixed stand driven by campaign promises and party manifesto to deliver but the Legislators vote because they are a 'reactionary' arm of government. They take stands in accordance with the interests of their people and in doing so make laws or set aside laws that affect their people. Bruce will/may support an anti-bokoharam bill because of the consequences of its spread to his region, because it could threaten his institution and because his people serve under arms. When the ND militancy was churning, SS states through their reps asked for many things, they got some enough to pacify but not all they wanted in the interest of other parts of Nigeria. Have you forgotten on-shore/off-shore. Was it not a national issue but each side took a stand in the interests of his/her people. That is what the House is for. To represent your interests not to compete with the Executive for governance. So like Ben said, 'YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT SUV's. HAVE YOU ASKED YOUR REP'. Do you even know him or her. Governance does not start and end with Buhari, Saraki, Dino or Bruce. We must learn how things work if not the kind of frustration you exemplify will continue.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by chiefobdk(m): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Marotzke:
Technically she dosen't have a senator representing her in the senate since Uche Ekwunife representing Anambra central have been sacked by the appeal court. ( Obiageli Ezekwesili would never have dared to ask Uche any nonsense question anyway, Uche will roast her alive if she dares.)

you 're wrong.
not uche ekwunife

but Andy Ubah represents anambra south..

dem no born am to question Andy Ubah. dem dis ones dey kidnap sitting governor not to talk of attention seeker
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Reference(m): 9:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
YOLO1:
Is Ben BRUCE the only senator at the senate? We shouldn't pinpoint him for the excesses of NASS. He is not the senate president. He doesn't even have a major post dia

They don't understand because democracy is new here. In the States when people want to do things, be it gun violence, oil spills, indigenous land rights, industrial pollution, automobile defects, whatever, they start by gathering signatures on a petition and this goes to their rep who sees this and after countless meetings pushes this forward in the House for consideration. That is how individuals influence things in a democracy. Or gather signatures and petition the ethics and privileges committee. But to descend on one Senator out of 109 for not stopping a widely accepted benefit without even a petition is just ridiculous and any card carrying member of the APC who is complaining should be doubly ashamed that it is a PDP senator taking a risky moral stand at that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

Did the senator representing you, not collect SUV? Na only BMB be senator. My advice is to stop and avoid. Before he replies u in a common sense manner. He is representing my constituency and am proud of him. Are u proud of yours? That's even if u know him.

100 likes, but I can't deliver all.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by omonnakoda: 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
Reference:

Whether you like it or not, a Legislator is responsible to his constituency. That is the premise of this system of government. Have you heard of the term 'national interest'. This is where the likes of Bokoharam, the Olympics, JAMB, etc affects a typical lawmaker: 'as they AFFECT his people so his interests lie'. That is why on typical motions votes are taken. The Executive doesn't vote on issues because it has a fixed stand driven by campaign promises and party manifesto to deliver but the Legislators vote because they are a 'reactionary' arm of government. They take stands in accordance with the interests of their people and in doing so make laws or set aside laws that affect their people. Bruce will/may support an anti-bokoharam bill because of the consequences of its spread to his region, because it could threaten his institution and because his people serve under arms. When the ND militancy was churning, SS states through their reps asked for many things, they got some enough to pacify but not all they wanted in the interest of other parts of Nigeria. Have you forgotten on-shore/off-shore. Was it not a national issue but each side took a stand in the interests of his/her people. That is what the House is for. To represent your interests not to compete with the Executive for governance. So like Ben said, 'YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT SUV's. HAVE YOU ASKED YOUR REP'. Do you even know him or her. Governance does not start and end with Buhari, Saraki, Dino or Bruce. We must learn how things work if not the kind of frustration you exemplify will continue.
You say tht is the premise of this system of government. According to WHOM What is the source of that claim. Or did you just manufacture the premise in your bedroom.Please provide a source

Yes a legislator is responsible to his constituency , the issue here is "IS HE RESPONSIBLE TO HIS CONSTITUENCY ALONE"? Legislator are responsible to the WHOLE COUNTRY and not their constituencies alone.
No I have not forgotten the on shore off shore issue maybe YOU need to refresh your memory. The courts at the highest level ruled in favour of the FG and this was to the disadvantage of the Delta. The rest of the country supported the Delta even against President Obasanjo thus overturning his veto. (If other senators had then voted in their constituents interest then that legislation would not have passed) THE ONLY TIME in our history that has happened. Do not misrepresent the facts on that issue At any rate it is not relevant to this issue.
A man is responsible to his family first does not mean he is not responsible to his street his neighbourhood and State and so on. Yes he is responsible to his constituents but he is responsible to everyone else.
Ben Bruce is the one who puts himself in the public domain in Social Media pronouncing on every subject under the sun. If he restricts himself to those issues affecting only his constituents this remark would make a little sense.
Go and read the constitution very well ,there is no where that the purview of Senators is limited in the way you suggest
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Pavarottii(m): 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
mykl01:

100 likes, but I can't deliver all.
I also wish u could. grin

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Pavarottii(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
Gabphina:

Pavarotti the name reminds me of only one man. I hope you can sing well well like him
Lol, I dey try. But not like him.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Pavarottii(m): 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
byrron:

Another common sense response!
Good Job.
YEAH!! That's wat they need. "Common Sense"
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by omonnakoda: 9:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
Reference:

They don't understand because democracy is new here. In the States when people want to do things, be it gun violence, oil spills, indigenous land rights, industrial pollution, automobile defects, whatever, they start by gathering signatures on a petition and this goes to their rep who sees this and after countless meetings pushes this forward in the House for consideration. That is how individuals influence things in a democracy. Or gather signatures and petition the ethics and privileges committee. But to descend on one Senator out of 109 for not stopping a widely accepted benefit without even a petition is just ridiculous and any card carrying member of the APC who is complaining should be doubly ashamed that it is a PDP senator taking a risky moral stand at that.
I do not know what you mean by descend . Everything has a context. In this case he is probably the loudest senator on social media in Nigeria. We do not know whether they follow each other or not and we do not know that she has not asked her rep or that she has not asked several others. We simply do not have that information. Any person who has access to several legislators would speak to as many as they can NOT just their representative. This outburst by Ben will surely come back to haunt him
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by wordcat(m): 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
Classic polite insult!!!
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by HolyHero: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
possibilita:
am no zombie am a proud wailer,I was just trying to make ur statement 1 wen u said she is a wailer and an hypocrite so I just felt u cud just call her an hypocritic wailer.
am so sorrry... We are proud wailers ... We'll continue wailing until,, until our country is great..
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by possibilita(m): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
HolyHero:
am so sorrry... We are proud wailers ... We'll continue wailing until,, until our country is great..
yea wailing does not always mean things aren't going good but it also mean we aren't satisfied d way it is. That's what Zombies would never understand.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
This Chimpanzee headed woman... Has she taken time to ask about d senator who is sponsoring d grazing bill? Na only Ben Bruce be senator? Shameless woman she is still collecting her down from the bbog propaganda from her pay master Buhari. She better go tidy up her irregular menstruation trauma and cook for Obasanjo afterwards since she doesn't regard her husband
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by itstpia8: 12:53am On Apr 23, 2016
wordcat:
Classic polite insult!!!

very.

Good thing the lady is married, that kain reply dey pain woman o (if to say she dey admire am before and she dey single).
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Duru1(m): 1:18am On Apr 23, 2016
In places where virtue takes the place of stupidity, the educated idiot in Oby Ezekwesili should have tweet a senator representing her senatorial district on matters pertaining to national assembly in Nigeria.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by millhouse: 2:16am On Apr 23, 2016
Gud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Stops BBOG Protest Today In Abuja / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / David Mark Illegally Acquired Senate President’s Official Residence –FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.