Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184119 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by idera1: 12:27am On Jul 21, 2016
Ugosample:

And I say this because your budget will earn you higher utility in Cotonou/Lome than Abidjan.
You'll save money in transport costs, and in addition, things are cheaper in these countries than in Ivory Coast, even tho they all use the same currency.

thanks for the quick response. please if I may ask, what tourist centers can we visit in Cotonou?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 2:29am On Jul 21, 2016
idera1:

thanks for the quick response. please if I may ask, what tourist centers can we visit in Cotonou?

Well, you could go to the beach, basically....
You can also go to Ouidah, which is not far from the city, and you will see the slave relics, the temple of pythons, etc.
As for hotel, you can use the GuestHouse at Haie Vive, next to Lambis bar, I have used them, and they are good.
15000CFa per night, And the services are awesome (Free Wi-Fi, air conditioned room, etc)
what else?
Okay transport, you can use the luxurious buses, but even tho that would dig a big hole in that your budget, it is more comfortable.
What else?

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 2:30am On Jul 21, 2016
shysteve:
NairA is now nothing to write home about...even people were complaining at the border that nairA has become so useless....it's 1k nairA to 1600 cefa.....almost becoming 1 to 1.

These are trying times indeed for our currency.
Very trying times
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2016
Ugosample:

These are trying times indeed for our currency.
Very trying times

Good morning bro, please is there any Nigerian restaurant around where I can get something to eat or places like kfc,pizza inn etc.

I really wish I can meet a naija to talk freely with and maybe tour the city together so please if you can help out in that area too.am in hotel Hudson at Niangon - Nord 2e tranche, Abidjan.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 21, 2016
Pls bro how is life dere generally apart from the language barrier.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 21, 2016
Then how much was did u pay as transport from lagos to abi
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2016
@shysteve.
Hope u enjoying urself

How much did you pay for transport from lagos to Abidjan?

Then how much is d exchange rate and where did u change ur money in nija?

Pls bro help find out bout accommodation dere for a month. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 9:57am On Jul 21, 2016
Folafikemi:
@shysteve.
Hope u enjoying urself

How much did you pay for transport from lagos to Abidjan?

Then how much is d exchange rate and where did u change ur money in nija?

Pls bro help find out bout accommodation dere for a month. Thanks

I didn't go from Lagos o,I stay in Ghana so my journey was from Accra.am enjoying the place so far,the exchange rate is 1k nairA to 1600 cfa so 100k nairA will give you 160k cfa.i was advised by the transport company to change my money before leaving Accra dos it might lower at the border,tank God I followed their advise cos the border guys were saying 1k to 1550cfa.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2016
Folafikemi:
Then how much was did u pay as transport from lagos to abi

Life here seem cool with everybody minding their business,the major problem is the language and the moment you speak English,they all look at you as you like you're an alien.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2016
shysteve:

I didn't go from Lagos o,I stay in Ghana so my journey was from Accra.am enjoying the place so far,the exchange rate is 1k nairA to 1600 cfa so 100k nairA will give you 160k cfa.i was advised by the transport company to change my money before leaving Accra dos it might lower at the border,tank God I followed their advise cos the border guys were saying 1k to 1550cfa.

Oh good. Will be coming from nija in a couple of weeks to get job and probably stay dere a long while. So u will appreciate any useful information from u especially in d aspect of accommodation... Thank bro
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2016
Folafikemi:

Oh good. Will be coming from nija in a couple of weeks to get job and probably stay dere a long while. So u will appreciate any useful information from u especially in d aspect of accommodation... Thank bro

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2016
You keep any job there wey you wan go do? If you no carry enough money for pocket enter there go find work, hunger go pursue you come back.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2016
montanaguy:
You keep any job there wey you wan go do? If you no carry enough money for pocket enter there go find work, hunger go pursue you come back.

Whos is dis one? Not even civilized at, what a response!

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2016
montanaguy:

Whos is dis one? Not even civilized at, what a response!

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 10:27am On Jul 21, 2016
montanaguy:

Shey una get fight before?...lol

Anyway with the lil I've seen so far I doubt if one can easily get a job here without English o....until you get here before you witness things for yourself cos I really don't know how to explain the level of the language issue here.

I just changed my hotel this morning to a moderate and nice one still within yopougon and no one here understand English at all.dont even know how am gonna eat since everybody is speaking French.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2016
shysteve:

Anyway with the lil I've seen so far I doubt if one can easily get a job here without English o....until you get here before you witness things for yourself cos I really don't know how to explain the level of the language issue here.

I just changed my hotel this morning to a moderate and nice one still within yopougon and no one here understand English at all.dont even know how am gonna eat since everybody is speaking French.

Lol. I believe dere will be an environment where people speak English dere. God will lead u. Enjoy ur stay and feed us with more info....

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2016
shysteve:

Lol. I believe dere will be an environment where people speak English dere. God will lead u. Enjoy ur stay and feed us with more info...smile

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 21, 2016
@shysteve

Pls wanna know how u getting Internet dere? Is it through the Orange sim u bought and how are u subscribing.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 10:56am On Jul 21, 2016
Folafikemi:
@shysteve

Pls wanna know how u getting Internet dere? Is it through the Orange sim u bought and how are u subscribing.

I bought bundle on the orange sim which is what am using now but they are activating my laptop downstairs for the hotel wifi.

The bundle I bought yester night was 514 cfa for 200mb.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2016
Don't worry. Anybody you see there, tell am bonjour. The person go understand you. Small small you go sabi french.

8 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2016
shysteve:

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 11:17am On Jul 21, 2016
Folafikemi:

Lol. I believe dere will be an environment where people speak English dere. God will lead u. Enjoy ur stay and feed us with more info....
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2016
@shysteve how do u view the place compared to accra,?Their women, environment e.t.c.Well for the language, u can be using sign to pass your message.That's what I did when I went to Cotonou the first time
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2016
shysteve:

I bought bundle on the orange sim which is what am using now but they are activating my laptop downstairs for the hotel wifi.

The bundle I bought yester night was 514 cfa for 200mb.

Ok. Good. Am getting set
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 11:21am On Jul 21, 2016
You wan go work in the midst of people wey no dey hear go or come. How you wan take blend? Abi no be for french them go take do you interview. The fastest way to learn language is to engage in trading. Start small trading. As time go on, you go over come language barrier.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2016
montanaguy:
You wan go work in the midst of people wey no dey hear go or come. How you wan take blend? Abi no be for french them go take do you interview. The fastest way to learn language is to engage in trading. Start small trade. As time goes on, you go over come language barrier.

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2016
montanaguy:
You wan go work in the midst of people wey no dey hear go or come. How you wan take blend? Abi no be for french them go take do you interview. The fastest way to learn language is to engage in trading. Start small trading. As time go on, you go over come language barrier.

Now you talking. Ur point make sense

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2016
heaven4me:
@shysteve how do u view the place compared to accra,?Their women, environment e.t.c.Well for the language, u can be using sign to pass your message.That's what I did when I went to Cotonou the first time

I think this place more beautiful and orderly than Accra and their woman look hot and tempting.....its like this yopuogon is filled with alot of girls (majority maybe runz girls) due to the nasty tempting dress they put on.

I just dey turn my head 360 degree everytime am outside.

7 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
What kinda food is this? The restaurant and I couldn't understand ourselves but I was able to hear fish so I told them to go ahead with sign.

This is what they just brought to my room o....lord have mercy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
shysteve:
What kinda food is this? The restaurant and I couldn't understand ourselves but I was able to hear fish so I told them to go ahead with sign.

This is what they just brought to my room o....lord have mercy

Lol. Ah It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
funny enough the fish taste so good..i only ate the fish,didnt even bother to try whatever the other one is.

that big well prepared fish with pepper and salad is about 300 naira o (very cheap)

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hahahaha,you are turning 360degree hahahaha anyways enjoy your time man.U fit still use your sign and hand language call anyone na and get a feel.Make your findings more bro and compare and contrast between there and accra Ghana@shysteve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.