Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,981 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 (26234 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / President Buhari's Cows In 2015 Vs 2017 (Pictures) / President Buhari: I predicted April 2015 white imperialists will poison him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by mymoneygrows(f): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2016
Csami:

Oga but I have not seen light for the past 3weeks na!
April 2015, with 2000+ MW, my street was shining but now, with 3000+ MW, my street is in total darkness except moonlight counts as part of the 3000+.

LWKM
power dropped to zero megawatt in this administration. Op, have u forgotten?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by tuniski: 10:43am On Apr 25, 2016
nairaman66:

Even if everything is going great under Buhari you wailers are still going to complain. Mind you, the op gave you indepth analysis about power generation... Can't you accept the truth for once?
This must be your attitude under GEJ for u to make a blanket statement. Even if nigeria is up for sale like Greece zombies will still scream sai baba! Wake up and stop making excuses for failure! Buhari is a failure!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by dadexcel: 10:44am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:
The same problems that existed prior to now as regards vandalism are still there.
Buhari just gave an order that vandals must be treated as criminals, like Book haram. This GEJ failed to do. Instead, he gave surveillance contracts to criminals and thereby weakening the institutions that are constitutionally mandated to carry out protection.

We must join hands with PMB, by doing away with our sentiments and bias
.............. This country and the present government will do better when folks like you stop blaming the past government for AL your woes and gross incompetence, while facing the challenges of the day headlong!....
Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by tsdarkside(m): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2016
uruego:
this is a false analysis, may be existing in Aso. Hardly have light for 2 hours in a day.

life hard ohhhh... ....

sometimes i even get scared when the power comes back on...

once nearly gave me an hearth-attack...

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by lordabili(m): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2016
What a useless write-up! You're telling me now that Buhari can't perform the magic that GEJ couldn't perform?? Now you realize that Nigeria's problems can't be tackled in a day... now you believe that no president can solve Nigeria's woes within a day. But when Jonathan was in power, dippy scoundrels like you would cast unwarranted aspersions on the president as if He (GEJ) was the instigator of Nigeria's woes... I can imagine how stupidly happy you were, when you heard the unsophisticated, senile and uneducated sourpuss called Buhari promising to change the fortunes of Nigeria, once he's elected. I can fantasize how foolish guys like you were, to have believed every single balderdash that the old-cunt (Buhari) made as promise. And now, You've come up with this trash of an article, trying to console yourself and your fellow deceived folks- Buharists- begging for patience, as if Buhari didn't foresee the difficulties he'd encounter once elected, and how hard it will be for him to fix Nigeria's long-standing woes... Like I tell some friends of mine, I will never blame Buhari for whatever he does. I won't blame him but clap for him even if he succeeds in turning Nigeria in to a waste-bin. If an uneducated, cantenkerous, old-fashioned 74-year-old ethno-religious bigot can can succesfully deceive Nigerians in this 21st century- with his tantalizing but specious promises- then such a fellow like Buhari deserves only applause and eulogies. I still wonder the 'jass' with which succesfully brainwashed and completely got Nigerians soaked in his most unrealistic agenda of 'change.'

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Ijobaorun(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2016
merbenko:
We are in darkness ogah. This your comparism is of baseless. Tell your science rocket minister that we are in darkness and stop this comparison of past administration
One thing this writer should also understand is that GEJ also met these problems on ground.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by tsdarkside(m): 10:55am On Apr 25, 2016
our leaders dont think...

even if we build 5 more plants..

we will still dont have enough electricity...

everyday new generations are born...the never see this...

they had time from 1960 till nau to start planning but noooooooo.....

what is in the year 2020,what is not far away...

year 2040,??..

year 2060?,?

the biafrans are right to want to get out..
they think on this things....

scary szenarios....
Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Haybk(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2016
nnadychuks:
buhari I wanna go to space,I know u wanna join me in my spaceship.. thank you Mr OP.. Nigeria never experienced inflation like this during GEJ's regime, dollar's value never appreciated over naira @ this rate.. Burahi and Jonathan are just like moyes and vangaal
lol.... Very nice comparison. But who is Moyes and who is Van gaal between GEJ and PMB?
Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Johnrake69: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2016
zubby55:
And u forget to add zero mega Watts wch have not happen in Nigeria history

Don't mind @davodguy... He was paid to put that up. How he managed to leave out the zero megawatts in his biased analysis is very clear. Meanwhile am expecting him to come up with another biased analysis with regards to fuel scarcity. This is the third month and still no solution insight.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by frankwyte: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2016
This is y Nigeria is failing! yu cook up figures that do not reflect reality and yu are happy that PMB is performing? Gosh if there is light across board yu don't need to come this forum to tell us, the media itself will be singing the praise.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by tsdarkside(m): 11:04am On Apr 25, 2016
frankwyte:
This is y Nigeria is failing! yu cook up figures that do not reflect reality and yu are happy that PMB is performing? Gosh if there is light across board yu don't need to come this forum to tell us, the media itself will be singing the praise.

thats right..!!.. angry

they should decide to let it on or dont bring it a tall...

i dont want to die on appatation... angry angry

i even got used to darkness angry angry...this is sick!!!.. angry angry

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by felsunseg(m): 11:08am On Apr 25, 2016
merbenko:
We are in darkness ogah. This your comparism is of baseless. Tell your science rocket minister that we are in darkness and stop this comparism of past administration
for my side if their is no light for 30 minute we will be complaining already. I don't know where u are from but as
for us here we are enjoying electricity like never before.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by excel101(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:

The change is so evident sir.

April, 2015 we're doing 2000+
April, 2016 we're doing 3000+

Nigeria also reached the all time high since 1960 in February, 2016
Very good, like you said "the change is so evident" you went as far as giving figures: 2000+ & 3000+, And u said "it the all time highest". Now has the power supply improved? We don't need Figures, all we need is steady power supply. All u said is nonsense.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by excel101(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2016
jumas:
the downfall of this government is the downfall of Nigeria implies is the downfall of you and i.
so you are telling me your life should not progress till after 2019.
seeing nothing good in this government means nothing good in Nigeria implies nothing good in your life.

we can't build on faulty foundation there is need to reset the system.

#ResetTheSystem
Yes they said many things about the faulty foundation during their campaign last year and made alot of promises also. It goes to show that they are aware of the bad foundation. APC's foundation is built on lies, dats why they are having challenges fixing the country

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by ibietela2(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:

Ask your Electricity distribution company what they did to the power supplied to them by the TCN.

Eko distribution company
Abuja distribution company
Portharcourt distribution company
Ibadan distribution company
Ikeja distribution company

these people are the major problems we have. They are so corrupt and wicked

BUT Buhari said he is fighting corruption

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by excel101(m): 11:29am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:

Thank God that one good thing about electricity is that its practical, if the figures u gave are better than that of GEJ's administration, then we will have a better supply. This one that these 3000MW+, is the highest since 1960, where is the result? My friend go drink Goldberg and go to bed.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Kennydoc(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:
For the open minded, I decided to open this thread.
President Buhari has received lots of criticism over the current challenges of the country. In all fairness, the man has genuine interest in turning for the better fortunes of this country, but some people who may still be bitter by the loss of their hero, sees nothing good in anything PMB is doing or has done so far.

I decided to create this topic to actually verify if Nigeria was indeed better under Jonathan than it is now, under PMB.
Power sector is the first to examine

Under GEJ January to April, 2015

Under PMB

Causes of drop in power supply under GEJ

Causes of drop in supply under PMB

Its very clear from the foregoing that the magic that GEJ couldn't perform from May 2010 to May 2015, its not easy for buhari to do same within 11 months

This OP, you're terribly biased. How could you be comparing the worst of power generation in the twilight of GEJ's administration to the best of power generation in Buhari's administration? Does it make sense to you?
Did you mention that for the first time in history, Nigeria generated 0MW of electricity over a space of 3 hours under Buhari?
http://www.punchng.com/power-generation-crumbles-to-0mw-for-several-hours/

I stay in Maitama Abuja, which used to have one of the best electricity supply in Nigeria since time immemorial. Currently, we record less than 10 hours of electricity on several days, a situation that almost never occurred around 2012, 2013.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Ifebazz(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2016
In the Lai-ing man's voice, "On Paper". I still don't have light, yet the tariff more than tripled. From N2000 to N7000.
The change is here but on paper.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Bayswater: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2016
zubby55:
And u forget to add zero mega Watts wch have not happen in Nigeria history

You dey mind the eediat?

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by geefasee: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:

yes you are right but we enjoyed number of hour of electricity under goodluck than now. Even if APC say they generate 10000mw i can never believe them until we see the light. Again i was paying 2600 a year ago but this month i paid 7400. Can you get the racio of the amount of power generated vs the amount paid?

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by BraniacX(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=Mynd44 post=45022477][/quote]

Is the mynd also a LAI? shocked

Pray tell please, from what magic hat did you pull that barely legible strip of paper from? (Thought you were an advocate of sauce-ing sorry sourcing cheesy)

And when you say system collapse, can you be less vague and more specific as to what "collapse" entails? For example, when we were talking about the "system collapse" wink of April 1st 2016, we meant a total collapse in power generation for 3hrs which was a first of its kind, to want to imply that it happened previously without any of us being any wiser is you peddling in hearsay (feel free to prove me wrong of course) which if i'm correct will be very disappointing coming from you embarassed

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by cheezy4real(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2016
tuniski:

U are part of the 70% failure of buhari by rationalizing failure! Unless and until buhari add his own MW while ensuring optimal performance of what he was handed, he remains a failure.

Stop campaigning for buhari in governance while the country is in doldrums! If buhari is performing better, u don't need any epistle to show buhari is performing citizens will Feel and know so!

Buhari so far is a disaster!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:58am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:

Stop eating grass you no go hear,,, pmb took over from gej with 5000+mgw and couldn't maintain it to this low and you are here sharing grass, go and fill your police form

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by geefasee: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
felsunseg:
for my side if their is no light for 30 minute we will be complaining already. I don't know where u are from but as
for us here we are enjoying electricity like never before.
then you must be a fulani man

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by geefasee: 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
ICEFLAME419ja:

Stop eating grass you no go hear,,, pmb took over from gej with 5000+mgw and couldn't maintain it to this low and you are here sharing grass, go and fill your police form
please don't let him fill police form because his type will destroy a whole village and come back to tell you that the whole villagers are thieves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Nusaf: 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Almajiri1:
It is on international record that buhari generated zero MW of electricity first time in Nigeria history.
And ur clueless one has also made it to the Guiness World Book of record as the most corrupt president Africa has ever had.
Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by engrsoma(m): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
@OP remember when power fell to 0W, why is it not in your analysis

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by tuniski: 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
jumas:
the downfall of this government is the downfall of Nigeria implies is the downfall of you and i.
so you are telling me your life should not progress till after 2019.
seeing nothing good in this government means nothing good in Nigeria implies nothing good in your life.

we can't build on faulty foundation there is need to reset the system.

#ResetTheSystem
Faulty foundation actively set by same people in power today especially buhari whose entire life has been about corridor of power!

They are the problem they Can't be the solution! Buhari/apc shame

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by MrMandilas: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:

When will we start to tell the truth? 3000+ yet we are in darkness.
Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Sulaimonsb(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
The problem av noticed with Nigerians is ignorance. We celebrate corruption too much we want to enjoy but we don't want to go thru challenges. Am not a fan of dis government but nigerians should be realistic wat is happening today in d Fuel and Power sector is a merely a case of sabotage from some group of selfish nd wicked individuals, all of a sudden fuel queues dat dissappear in abuja last week suddenly appeared again dis week dis is a pointer to d fact some cabals somewhere r manipulating nd hording dis fuel to incite d populace against d government. We should stop being bias nd sentimental
Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Abeymills(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bubuhari still remains most clueless n dullarddiho of a president God bless ex president Jonathan
Re: GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 by Abeymills(m): 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bubuhari still remains most clueless n dullarddiho of a president God bless ex president Jonathan he is still d best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Udom's New Hospitals & Medical Tourism In Akwa Ibom State (photos) / Nigerian Soldier Rapes 4-Year-Old Girl In Adamawa / Nigerian Student Stabbed To Death In Accra, Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.