Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR (32336 Views)

Babangida Can't Wear Shoes Anymore. Nemesis Catches Up With The Evil Genius - SR / PDP Settles For Atiku & Fayose As Presidential Candidate & VP Respectively - SR / Suspended SGF Feigns Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by emamos: 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
Former Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan, who has been in the United States since last week, canceled a scheduled keynote speech at the Africa Peace Awards Dinner organized bythe Center for African Peace and Conflict Resolution at the California State University, Sacramento in order to avoid embarrassment, SaharaReporters has learned.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan
Mr. Jonathan’s former Special Assistant on New Media, Reno Omokri, spoke on his behalf, explaining that the former President had taken ill.
SaharaReporters has however learned that Mr. Jonathan, who has been travelling across the US to associate himself with international NGOs, feigned his illness to avoid embarrassment by protests planned against him. It will be recalled that Mr. Jonathan, while in Newark, New Jersey, met with a human trafficking NGO and made remarks at the Mayor’s office.
One local California newspaper, The Sacramento Bee, confirmed the details of the speech, noting, “Mr. Jonathan’s appearance had stirred controversy because of Nigeria’s anti-gay law, which punishes not only gay marriage but public support of it.”
Mr. Jonathan has been under pressure since the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arrested his cousin, Robert Azibaola, in connection with allegations over an oilpipeline job estimated at over $40 million.
The commission has been following leads between those corruption allegations and his cousin, Mr. Jonathan.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/25/fear-embarrassment-goodluck-jonathan-cancels-california-speech-feigns-illness

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by emamos: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
It is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by divinehand2003(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hmmm

Is GEJ still your hero?

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by SeverusSnape(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
California newspaper, The Sacramento Bee, confirmed the details of the speech, noting, “Mr. Jonathan’s appearance had stirred controversy because of Nigeria’s anti-gay law, which punishes not only gay marriage but public support of it

So they want to protest against him because he rejected their gay proposal when he was president??... Bunch of jokers.
Personally, I don't hate homosexuals (they are humans like us) But what they indulge in is so repulsive, Haba, Why will i be 'loving' my fellow man... We don't want it, at least not now.

249 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Juxtified(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
nonsense talk. who owns this sahara reporters self?

169 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by SeverusSnape(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
divinehand2003:
Hmmm
Is GEJ still your hero?
So he should have made gay marriage legitimate??

240 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by delishpot: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Gay debate again

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by nigeriafilm(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
I don't know how protest against GEJ for his stance on gay calls for this headline

161 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Kainene77: 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nigerians have no stable power supply infrastructure and they want them to debate gay laws? angry angry angry
Millions of Nigerians live in poverty and they want them to discuss gay laws?
Millions of children don't have three square meals a day and they want them to discuss gay laws?

Mr Ex President, the person who handed over the BIGGEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA, what happened to your plan to provide a stable and efficient power supply infrastructure?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by amjou: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
divinehand2003:
Hmmm

Is GEJ still your hero?

Yesssssssss

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by doublewisdom: 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bad belle people.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Vomm: 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Before nko?
Na the Daura cow u wan make I choose as a hero before?

Lots of zombies are waking up from their slumbers and I believe they cannot come out to be proud of that old man.

Wailing wailer's form is still available in case u wake up from ur slumber

divinehand2003:
Hmmm

Is GEJ still your hero?

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by neolboy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
The only naija President dt will leave office and the media has been awash of him for over a year. Great man, My Hero

169 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2016

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
yes and I know you gays hate him fiercely...
divinehand2003:
Hmmm Is GEJ still your hero?

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by emamos: 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
[s]
angels09:
so you tear butholes....no wonder you found the write up newsworthy.

[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by TippyTop(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
Gay Protest led by Gaylord Mr Omoyele Sowore owner of Saharareporters.

Here are his phone numbers:
National-08097048153
International -
+16467045433 and +12013641254
Phone him and tell him gayism is a no no in our culture.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by lilprinze: 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
GEJ my hero

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by canalily(m): 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
Who wants to embarras our Heroshocked who!

13 Likes

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by wxyz1: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
you people will not still leave this man alone

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by 4nobody4every1: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
cool
Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by basingstoke: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
Na wao, this man is really great. so APC cant still sleep because of this man

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by babs01(m): 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hmmmm! bet y?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by GWMI(m): 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Apc mouth piece.This Omoyele Sowore who happens to be a gay activist what moral right do he have to judge Goodluck?a man that have left office for almost a year now and Apc never stop calling his name for the good economyic policies he initiated.Yes Goodluck might have made a mistake remember he is not perfect he is just a human but the Saint Buhari is worst than Goodluck.If you are buying fuel a higher price now compare to the time of Goodluck, that is the difference.Goodluck i miss you.Thanks.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
TippyTop:
Gay Protest led by Gaylord Mr Omoyele Sowore owner of Saharareporters.
Here's his phone numbers:
National-08097048153
International -
+16467045433 and +12013641254
Phone him and tell him gayism is a no no in our culture.

this is interesting so he's gay

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Sanchase: 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Mr no clue again just like the current one Buhari. You all should cover your faces with shame.
Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by VictorRomanov: 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
divinehand2003:
Hmmm

Is GEJ still your hero?

If it's because of their reason u asked this question, then he deserves to be a hero!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Etizz: 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Even a goat know dat it's a false news....

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by Trexnemesis(m): 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
DUMBO JO again? Abeg I tire sef. See yu all tomawo.

TREX wan rest.
Re: Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR by focus7: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
I know the humiliation that is giving invitation to Jonathan is what is making him go around the globe to claim some useless legacy after he has turned the country upside down with his dumber leadership. Anytime I see him I cannot help to imagine the picture of a dumb.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Andrew Momodu Defects To PDP, Supports Obaseki’s Re-Election With N5M / Fayose To Dino: ‘Political Hushpuppi’ Who Teamed Up To Enthrone Calamity In 2015 / Moment Power Outage Occurred During A Live TV Interview Featuring Hope Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.