Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG (32476 Views)

Release Nnamdi Kanu Now, Ekweremadu Tells FG, Says He Has No Problem With Buhari / Take A Look At Breakdown Of Buhari Key Appointments So Far From 6 Zones / Look Beyond APC - Ekweremadu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Hollaniyii(m): 2:28am On May 02, 2016
gidgiddy:
Naturally, most Southern Nigerians would want the 36 states collapsed into 'zones' or regions. The North will be against it because it will end their political domination of Nigeria. But as an Igbo man, what I'm sceptical against is what the zones will look like, particularly in the area sometimes called SS/SE. I want know what happens to Igbo elements such Igbos of the lower Benue, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos and the Abi Igbo speaking people of Cross River. I also want to know if the Efik/Ibibio nation and the Ijaw/Edoid people can actually be in one zone or are they going to be two separate zones or would they prefare to join their Igbo neigbours as one zone? These questions need answering and that is why a referendum has to be conducted before the creation of any zone so that the people can decide which zone they want to belong to.

You asked a brilliant question.
Those Igbo are the indigene of the region they live. Its not a must for all Igbo to have just a country. We have American Jew, Russian Jew, German Jew etcetera
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by ckmayoca: 5:45am On May 02, 2016
Babacele:
why didn't Ekweremadu's PDP do it for all their 16 years in power? mtcheeeew...nonsense noise!

Are u condemning his idea because he is an opposition or because he didn't make any sense? Seems dis zombie vs wailer team is dividing us faster sha
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Cvesta(m): 2:57pm On May 02, 2016
gidgiddy:

There is no region in Nigeria as at present. The so called SW,SE,SS,NW,NE,NC are all works of fiction by past northern military leaders to perpetuate their 'divide and rule' policy.
There equally exist nothing like Nigeria as it was nothing more than a British contraption whose sole aim was for easy exploitation of resources and raw materials
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by gidgiddy: 4:08pm On May 02, 2016
Cvesta:

There equally exist nothing like Nigeria as it was nothing more than a British contraption whose sole aim was for easy exploitation of resources and raw materials

I agree
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 02, 2016
gidgiddy:

This is a big matter of ethnicity because we were all ethnic groups long before we ever became Nigerians. We all came into Nigeria as ethnic groups and the regions must be comprised of ethnic groups that agree to be together. The so called six regions are a work of pure fiction. How can you tell the Ijaws of Ondo that they are in a SW region with Yorubas? How you tell the western Igbo, sometimes called Delta Igbos, that they are in a region with Binis? How can you tell the Igalas of Anambra and the Idomas of Enugu that they are in the SE? How can someone say that the Igbos of the lower Benue are in the NC when they have been fighting to join Enugu state for a long time? Or will you tell an Efik man that he is in the Niger-Delta with Ogoni? Who decides where who belongs? That is why there must be a referendum before the creation of any region so that the indigenous ethnic groups can decide for themselves where they want to belong. Creation of any region without a referendum is illegal and a complete nonsense.
Hard stroke!
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Cvesta(m): 11:17pm On May 02, 2016
gidgiddy:

I agree
Lols..okay..but the laws of the lands sees and says differently from your opinion
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by gidgiddy: 11:30pm On May 02, 2016
Cvesta:

Lols..okay..but the laws of the lands sees and says differently from your opinion

What law? Which land? I'm an Igbo man and by extension, not a follower of Lord Lugard. Therefore, any law contracted in the British contraption called Nigeria is at my discretion to accept or reject.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Cvesta(m): 11:55pm On May 02, 2016
gidgiddy:

What law? Which land? I'm an Igbo man and by extension, not a follower of Lord Lugard. Therefore, any law contracted in the British contraption called Nigeria is at my discretion to accept or reject.
Dream on ..or better still be a martyr n take over Nnamdi's former position

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IGP Mohamed Abubakar Weds Zarha, Daughter Of Ex-fct Minister / Igbo Sayings And Their Meaning / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.