Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG (32467 Views)

Release Nnamdi Kanu Now, Ekweremadu Tells FG, Says He Has No Problem With Buhari / Take A Look At Breakdown Of Buhari Key Appointments So Far From 6 Zones / Look Beyond APC - Ekweremadu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by cybernaut(m): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:
You are all gradually coming back to the proposition of the Yorubas. We told you when you are all tired of call for secession, resource control and one Nigeria maxim, you will come back to Regional Integration as th only peaceful and viable alternative to this current wasteful, corrupt, inefficient structure that promotes mediocrity over excellence.

That is the only way forward, a smooth and peaceful path to final disintegration.

It will also bring unimaginable progress in all parts of the country as a whole, due to healthy or unhealthy competition.

At least we can have regional police that will protect us from the menace of the fulanis instead of hopelessly and endlessly waiting for the FG.
Baseless!their was a country and a new is a country form.believe it or not.u yoruba's form allies wit d northerns to hike d power by help tinubu and it works.so shuld stage wit ur master because northern region is landblock.northern's wil nt acept true federalism.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Wadasco(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2016
this is a very good Idea to me also but why now
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 8:10am On Apr 26, 2016
Truth but PDP had all the time in the world to do this.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by bigtt76(f): 8:11am On Apr 26, 2016
Look at this one .....hin brain don mara shaaa angry With states, tribes still feel marginalized, is it when 300 tribes are lumped into one region that marginalization issues would be solved? I taya for this politicians sef angry

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by RedCapChief(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2016
smiley
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by dyn1800: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2016
ekweremadu..... good but........ why you know advice GEJ this earlier

4 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by mostyg(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2016
Lets cancel the Senate first. The house of representative is enough as a parliament.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by coolitempa(f): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Keep quiet.

Tell your lies to Ironsi that derailed the regionalism.

Tell your lies to your myopic Zik that opposed secession clause in the Nigerian Constitution.

Wow....just read this after my post....one would think I almost copied your line of thought...but I agree... angry

3 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by nifton(m): 8:14am On Apr 26, 2016
I am politically neutral,but this man has been making sense with many of his propositions.A single tenure of 6 yrs for the executive and this collapse to zones.
For me, you are not jst quintessential politician but a great diplomat and no wonder your role in Ecowas.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Reminez(m): 8:14am On Apr 26, 2016
Nigeria shall be great again !!!
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by DropShot: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2016
bonechamberlain:
the northern parasites won't do that because various unproductive routes where Nigeria's money is channelled to might be canceled . angry
You just commenting for the sake of it and the "likes" you crave for.

What Ekweremadu is proposing is nonsense and it cannot bring development to many areas. Why do you think the SS zone will bring the development that Bayelsa couldn't achieve as a state to it, if it now becomes part of a larger entity?

Rubbish proposal.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Opposition to regional government is not a party affairs rather a North and South divide.

It will only takes the North to actualize the dream without crises and bloodshed.
so y couldn't he , a deputy senate president, influence that for 16 years when he had all the opportunities in d world? nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by three: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2016
A Referendum should be conducted to address this

FEDERAL - REGIONAL - LOCAL

Dovetails perfectly with developmental plannimg ideals.

Will cut out the 'corrupt' bottlenecks of 'states' which are an aberration to our particular federal structure.

Cost of governance will reduce geometrically and the country will be administered efficiently.

However there should be s Federal Territory in each region with infrastructural development on par with Abuja ie Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kano etc.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Sanchase: 8:16am On Apr 26, 2016
CONFUSION CONFUSION CONFUSION, A country where every leader is confused.

No clear economic direction!!!

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by greatiyk4u(m): 8:17am On Apr 26, 2016
And also scrap out SENATE also
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 8:17am On Apr 26, 2016
cybernaut:

Baseless!their was a country and a new is a country form.believe it or not.u yoruba's form allies wit d northerns to hike d power by help tinubu and it works.so shuld stage wit ur master because northern region is landblock.northern's wil nt acept true federalism.

If we form an alliance with the North to send the corrupt and clueless Ineffectual Buffon parking, so be it.

Zik formed alliance with Balewa, Ekwueme formed alliance with Shagari. Yar Adua formed alliance with GEJ.

We never begrudged you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 8:17am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Keep quiet.

Tell your lies to your myopic Zik that opposed secession clause in the Nigerian Constitution.
you are silly with your comment, Zik was a visionary leader who had Nigeria in mind, awolowo was a tribalist who was only interested in southwest.

Zik wanted a multiethnic Nigeria, and a harmonious co-existence, it's the awolowo spirit in us that won't allow that.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 8:18am On Apr 26, 2016
byrron:

So because his pdp didn't do it then it shouldn't be done right? Just imagine how people reason cry cry cry cry cry
I'm interested in the intention....if it s that easy, why didn't they do it? no rogue who messed this country up would teach us how we shall repair it...teacher no teach me nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by famo19: 8:18am On Apr 26, 2016
who be this man i dont even know if is talking self pdp see what u have cause to our land u dis small rat pdp come dey talk .. abegi i dont want to hear you say anything especially u this man
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2016
If I've my way, this is exactly what I'll do.

The six Zones (or whatever name we choose to call them, states, regions or provinces) should take the shape of the six geo-political regions, with slight modification.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Highbhee(m): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2016
Regionalism or not....North will always be behind at Developnent stage.....dre leaders are so corrupt dat....corruption should be legalised as course of study in nothern UNIs......S.west grow faster with dis system in late 1900s....I fink it pays southern more...but north will always against it As dey dont want to be relegated yet dey cease to grow
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by LadyExcellency: 8:19am On Apr 26, 2016
Babacele:
so y couldn't he , a deputy senate president, influence that for 16 years when he had all the opportunities in d world? nonsense.

Stop asking foo.lish question and support the mission.

Btw, it is in APC extended manifesto. Nobody forced APC into adopting it.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by faaz24: 8:23am On Apr 26, 2016
ekWERE MADu why not move the motion at the floor of the senate, not every nigerian will get to read your book.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Ajorosun: 8:24am On Apr 26, 2016
Who is fooling who? He is law-maker for God sake..... He knew Wot to be done
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Stop asking foo.lish question and support the mission.

Btw, it is in APC extended manifesto. Nobody forced APC into adopting it.
maybe u shd look at una stewpid reasoning of telling the president to do it now! with all of una bad intention s, PMB has more serious issues to deal. When we are ready ,we know what to do and doesn't need any prompting from the clueless team. u get that?

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you are silly with your comment, Zik was a visionary leader who had Nigeria in mind, awolowo was a tribalist who was only interested in southwest.

Zik wanted a multiethnic Nigeria, and a harmonious co-existence, it's the awolowo spirit in us that won't allow that.

Visionary leader indeed and his kinsmen were later suyanised for a secessionist enclave , Biafrau.d and they are still busy having early morning jogging exercise for the actualisation of the mirage of a nation, that their visionary leader failed to see ab initio.

Says it all about Zik being a visionary leader.

6 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2016
gidgiddy:
Naturally, most Southern Nigerians would want the 36 states collapsed into 'zones' or regions. The North will be against it because it will end their political domination of Nigeria. But as an Igbo man, what I'm sceptical against is what the zones will look like, particularly in the area sometimes called SS/SE. I want know what happens to Igbo elements such Igbos of the lower Benue, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos and the Abi Igbo speaking people of Cross River. I also want to know if the Efik/Ibibio nation and the Ijaw/Edoid people can actually be in one zone or are they going to be two separate zones or would they prefare to join their Igbo neigbours as one zone? These questions need answering and that is why a referendum has to be conducted before the creation of any zone so that the people can decide which zone they want to belong to.

Great analysis...sounds like you know more about the pyschology of Akwa Ibom and Cross River with respect to the artificially crafted SS. I assure as that if the country is divided into Zones, Akwa Ibom and Cross River will prefer to be in SE.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by desmond2pk: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2016
Tinubu will fight you with his life. It's against the Nigeria of his greed

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Maser: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:
You are all gradually coming back to the proposition of the Yorubas. We told you when you are all tired of call for secession, resource control and one Nigeria maxim, you will come back to Regional Integration as th only peaceful and viable alternative to this current wasteful, corrupt, inefficient structure that promotes mediocrity over excellence.

That is the only way forward, a smooth and peaceful path to final disintegration.

It will also bring unimaginable progress in all parts of the country as a whole, due to healthy or unhealthy competition.

At least we can have regional police that will protect us from the menace of the fulanis instead of hopelessly and endlessly waiting for the FG.

Not the Yorubas, rather Ojukwu first proposed it at the Aburi peace summit. Unfortunately, the Yorubas helped Gowon scuttle it only to realise their folly decades later and start calling for it. That was Ojukwu's first preference and was agreed at Aburi but when implementation failed, he had no option but to call for secession to protect his people from murderous Nigeria. A little googling of Aburi agreements will help you. Never too late though!

11 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by eph12(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2016
Babacele:
why didn't Ekweremadu's PDP do it for all their 16 years in power? mtcheeeew...nonsense noise!
You certainly don't love this country and are unable to put the growth and development of this country above your emotions, political affiliation, ethic or tribal allegiance.
In summary if we have more of you up North then we shouldn't expect anything good.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 8:28am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Visionary leader indeed and his kinsmen were later suyanised for a secessionist enclave , Biafrau.d and they are still busy having early morning jogging exercise for the actualisation of the mirage of a nation, that their visionary leader failed to see ab initio.

Says it all about Zik being a visionary leader.
your statement has not disputed the fact that zik was a nationalist while awolowo was a Regionalist/ tribalist

9 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:29am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Keep quiet.

So, you mean it wasn't in the aburi or what?
You make it sound as if Igbos had a meeting and persuaded ironsi and zik to do whatever you think they did. The last time we checked, they were on fallout with other igbos.
Every Igbo was in support of aburi accord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Visits Murtala Nyako In Abuja (Photos) / Video Of Tinubu Insulting Obasanjo At APC Convention Emerges (WATCH) / Kano's Hisbah Should Arrest The Mannequin In Aso Rock - Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.