Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? (2473 Views)

Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad / Nigerians Abroad: Do you deny your Nigerian Identity? / How Rotimi Amaechi Convinced Buhari To Wear A Suit During The Campaign Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Borat1: 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
To my fellow nigerians abroad, do you wear armbands or wristbands of the nigerian colours in public? Or would you, if you travel abroad?
I'm all for the rebranding, but i'd be scared of being pounced on by an aggrieved onlooker. embarassed grin
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Yorubaman2: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
Another dumb thread when the whole of Nigeria is burning u r worrying about poverty hand band
are u an arm band sales man

armband ko arm robbery n I
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by olabukola: 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
I have asked many nigerians this question but non seems to ansa. We all dont like nigeria thats the gospel truth. Check out all the epl players of afro decent(drugba, essien, kaluo and others) you will see them with their national colour but check our own players(kanu,yakubu,Olufinjani,mikel and others) non of them does the same.

Divide nigeria you will see the representing their verious nations and will be proud of it. Forget all these internet "9ja 4 life " they don't even know how to sing national anthem and they don't care.

Nigeria shouldn't be one.
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Borat1: 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
@yoruba man
May sango trace you to your hideout, IDIOT. Your folly is inescapable. How does nigeria being on fire concern my benign question. And where is your extinguisher? Olodo
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by ikeyman00(m): 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
thunder fire this thread

includin ofe-mmanu man
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by ezeagu(m): 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
If I felt a strong sense of belonging and had a leader who I was intensely proud of I would, but I don't feel a sense of belonging to the state Nigeria (not the people) because of the governement who is alien to me, so I will not wear a symbol of the state which is the flag. I'm telling you, even if Nigeria was Swaziland (no offense Swatis) I would wear the arm band as long as I knew the government is doing it's best for the country.

Plus the flag of Nigeria is dull, meaningless and similar to the [url=http://images.google.com/images?&rls=en&q=flag%20of%20rhodesia&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi]flag of Rhodesia[/url]
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Borat1: 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
Ikeyman u misjudge i say, the thunder is coming your way. Anuofia. Dont we know the zeros in your name stands for your achievements so far in life.
@topic, I know nigerians living abroad who wear ghanian and S.A wristbands. grin
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by TOPE20001(f): 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2009
Is it necessary? undecided
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Borat1: 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
Of course its not. But if you had a choice, would you?
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
idleness is not good.
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by TOPE20001(f): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Borat~:

Of course its not. But if you had a choice, would you?

NO cool
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Borat1: 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2009
Madam tilapia,
Why you swam out of the sea and opted for name change beats me. I think you should be more concerned about taking frequent plunges to keep you alive than worrying about my idle status. Mami-wata.
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Yorubaman2: 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
Where is the idiot arm band seller that was abusing me

mi ro pe ori e pe
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Borat~:

Madam tilapia,
Why you swam out of the sea and opted for name change beats me. I think you should be more concerned about taking frequent plunges to keep you alive than worrying about my idle status. Mami-wata.  

lmao!!! grin grin

If wearing an armband or wristband will change the image of Nigeria abroad or the declining situation back home then I'll wear one day and night.
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Borat~:

Madam tilapia,

did my comment pain you?

You have my sympathy.

ok then- which armbands would you recommend people wear? Green and white is obviously a no no.

even other countries with green or/and white as their national colors (eg Ireland), should stop using them as a sign of solidarity for your cause.

Dry your tears- today is your lucky day because we are listening to you!

No be idleness- na busyness dey worry you. wink
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Yorubaman2: 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2009
tilapia

leave him for me ma deal pe lu e
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yoruba-man:

tilapia

leave him for me ma deal pe lu e

Ijaw Igbo man abi na Ijawgbo man

did I ask for your help?
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Yorubaman2: 11:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
I find it insulting that i am being tagged an illiterate Ijawman - Once again i am not Ijawman - I dislike Ijawman that is why i exist to counter all his move against the yoruba tribe
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Borat1: 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2009
Who ever thought simplicity and complication can be mentioned in one breath. Simple question wey i ask, see all the complication e carry come. Na wa o
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by alias64: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yes, I would. As a mater of fact, about two weeks ago while driving up to a place called Chislehurst, a group of motorcyclist came roaring past. they travelled so fast but I caught up at a roundabout and saw that they were wearing tee-shirts with Nigerian flags emblazoned.
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
who even wears armbands and wristbands?

Does everyone have to be in the gang culture?
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Aug 08, 2009
Only if my life depended on it @poster
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Tsiya(m): 12:41am On Aug 08, 2009
Well Arm band or whatever u want to call it is not necessary to identify a person as a Nigerian. It is not our culture. In America, it is their culture to go round waving flag and even put some band and tatoo and hats everywhere. If Nigerians in Nigeria start doing that, why wont we do it?

Have you ever sn a British with a band of union jack?
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by oyinda3(f): 12:47am On Aug 08, 2009
yea i would just that i don't know where to buy one.
but really some people take their patriotism to a higher level. wearing their flags everywhere etc.

@tpia, it's more of a youth thing. i know a couple of ppl who wear naija wristband/ bracelet
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 08, 2009
No. I sometimes wear the buba over my jeans.

I cant find the wristband/armbad here.n If u know where I can order it let me know plz
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 08, 2009
tpia.:

who even wears armbands and wristbands?

Does everyone have to be in the gang culture?
rotfl grin grin grin grin
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by bluespice(f): 1:02am On Aug 08, 2009
no
the skull charm bracelets are too many as it is
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 08, 2009
FUNNY THREAD OVERALL
~Borat~:

@yoruba man
May sango trace you to your hideout, IDIOT. Your folly is inescapable. How does nigeria being on fire concern my benign question. And where is your extinguisher? Olodo
Yoruba-man:

Another dumb thread when the whole of Nigeria is burning u r worrying about poverty hand band
are u an arm band sales man

armband ko arm robbery n I
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 08, 2009
~Borat~:

Madam tilapia,
grin grin grin

~Borat~:

Who ever thought simplicity and complication can be mentioned in one breath. Simple question wey i ask, see all the complication e carry come. Na wa o

They rather derail the thread than answer NO. Most of them are just "one" nigeria for internet. shocked

FL Gators:

No. I sometimes wear the buba over my jeans.

I cant find the wristband/armbad here.n If u know where I can order it let me know plz

Hia! shocked undecided
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 08, 2009
Nuzo, I hope u dey kampe.
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 08, 2009
FL Gators:

Nuzo, I hope u dey kampe.

Shey you dey wait to hear bad news from my side? undecided

Just looking forward to the peaceful protest on 1st October. Lightupnigeria.
Re: As A Nigerian Abroad, Do You/would You Wear A Nigerian Armband/wristband In Public? by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 08, 2009
Of course not or else I would have asked "Nuzo, did your house burn down yet?"

Peaceful protest. I wanna see that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanusi: Jonathan Backs CBN Reform Agenda / Buhari In Zaria - See Crowd / Why Buhari Over Ribadu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.