Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem (30535 Views)

Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Ask Me Any Question About Tecno L8+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by femdevcon(f): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Cutex01:
@femdevcon I lost root access on my infinix hot2 after I updated to marshmallow 6.0, ever since the update kingroot haven't been able to root it. Pls how do I go about rooting it

Use kingroot for PC
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Kaybaba5(m): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

I've done the network reset... complete factory reset and all
+ it's a Q10
Which os does ur iPad use pls indicate
And have u updated it to latest version
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by femdevcon(f): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
yeancol11:
@Femdevcon I'm yet to be added to the premium whatsApp group

Give me ur digit regards
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by femdevcon(f): 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
LongJohnS:
Nice Thread.
5 stars worthy.
FemdevFem :Ddev cheesy

Thanks for the compliment
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by femdevcon(f): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
kenny1795:
Brothers in the house attend to me.... My HTC battery got faulty and i changed it. The new battery charges and at some point, d battery icon will turn grey with an exclamation mark(!) on it. Now it restarts continously on its own
You re yet to get a genuine battery.

Most new battery are Chinese/fake.
Try and get a fairly used/follow come battery.

You can also send me pic of the new one u said you bought . so that I can tell you the authenticity of it

Regards : Femdevcon
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by innobarca(m): 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
femdevcon:

What kind of phone @inno

Coolpad 7231 ....its a very good cheap phone,has been good for over a year and 5 months
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by MaGenT77: 12:04am On Apr 30, 2016
my itel it1506 doesnt use cellular data and for the period it used it, it showed data usage limit reached even though it was not activated in settings.......lastly, pictures snapped are not saved tophone or memory card
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by isidollarboy(m): 12:25am On Apr 30, 2016
isidollarboy:
hello Nerd,
hope you can help on this, my aunt received two iPhone from overseas but both has been locked with icloud account, is there any possible way to boycott it, because i took it to ikeja but the price was ridiculous, 60k and 40k respectively for iphone6 and 5. is there another cheaper way of unlocking it and also what is the pro and cons... thanks in anticipation smiley
make una help me on this matter
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 6:57am On Apr 30, 2016
isidollarboy:
make una help me on this matter

Follow the instruction on this link

http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/exclusive-guide-on-how-to-unlock-iphone.html?m=1

Regards: Femdevcon
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by bignoble05(m): 7:05am On Apr 30, 2016
Hi nerd, probably this is not your area of specialization but my mind tells me you might help. I have been using my 12000mah power bank for close to a year now but late this week, whenever am charging it, the indicator will show but it will never progress. I have charged it for more than two days without removing it but no single bar. Moreover I can charge my phone with it because I had three bars before the problem started but now I have used two bars, remaining one bar one the power bank,yet it will never recharge. Is that the end of my power bank?

P.S : The maker is B.M.W, 12000mah. Anticipating your response Sir.
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2016
bignoble05:
Hi nerd, probably this is not your area of specialization but my mind tells me you might help. I have been using my 12000mah power bank for close to a year now but late this week, whenever am charging it, the indicator will show but it will never progress. I have charged it for more than two days without removing it but no single bar. Moreover I can charge my phone with it because I had three bars before the problem started but now I have used two bars, remaining one bar one the power bank,yet it will never recharge. Is that the end of my power bank?

P.S : The maker is B.M.W, 12000mah. Anticipating your response Sir.

If you can do this , unsrcew the power bank carefully

1. Check whether the charging port leg/terminals are well soldered to the board .if you found any leg not properly soldered, use a soldering iron or rework station to get it fix properly.

2. If the charging port is well rooted on the power bank, look for a toothbrush you are not using and a petrol or methylated spirit to clean the charging port both in and out. You will to scrub gently and dry it for 10mins.

If the two above Methods doesn't work, you will need to replace your power bank battery .
It cost less than 1k.

Regards. Femdevcon

You can also read my tutorial on how to make an home made power bank yourself
http://femdevcon..com/2015/05/easy-method-to-create-your-own-power.html?m=1
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by msjanet(f): 7:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Please after upgrading my ihn pro to lollipop 5.1 the battery drains rapidly. How can i fix this problem.
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Physco4221: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Hi tech,i want 2 get a gionee phone.ow gud is der phones compared to oda product.pls advise me btw samsung and gionee thuo am choosing gionee because it is affordable
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 7:59am On Apr 30, 2016
msjanet:
Please after upgrading my ihn pro to lollipop 5.1 the battery drains rapidly. How can i fix this problem.

Follow this steps below.

Go to Settings > Storage and USB > Cached Data > OK. This will wipe your system partition.
You can also do the same thing from recovery mode:

Turn your phone off
Hold Power and Volume Down to access Fastboot (again, this process differs with different devices)
Use the volume buttons to highlight Recovery and press Power to confirm.
If you see the Android robot, press Power, then Volume up briefly to access Recovery.
Scroll down to Wipe cache partition and hit Power to confirm.
Scroll down to Yes and hit Power to confirm.
Reboot

Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Physco4221: 8:01am On Apr 30, 2016
Pls reply
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Physco4221:
Hi tech,i want 2 get a gionee phone.ow gud is der phones compared to oda product.pls advise me btw samsung and gionee thuo am choosing gionee because it is affordable

If you are keen on buying Gionee product,

I will recommend Gionee M5 for you, it has amazing spec with a long lasting battery and its very affordable compared to Samsung

Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Physco4221: 8:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Between samsung j5 and gionee s plus which one wul u pick,if u ave enough on u
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 9:06am On Apr 30, 2016
Physco4221:
Between samsung j5 and gionee s plus which one wul u pick,if u ave enough on u

Gionee S plus

Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Enasdan(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2016
Cyberdemonic:

Clear cache via booting from recovery mode
hw did u upgraded it, i mean d methods & procedures
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Melvinsofty: 11:08am On Apr 30, 2016
Hello tech nerd I saw an update on techno Camon c8 I don't know if it's also possible for me to upgrade my Camon c5
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by bignoble05(m): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2016
Cyberdemonic:

If you can do this , unsrcew the power bank carefully

1. Check whether the charging port leg/terminals are well soldered to the board .if you found any leg not properly soldered, use a soldering iron or rework station to get it fix properly.

2. If the charging port is well rooted on the power bank, look for a toothbrush you are not using and a petrol or methylated spirit to clean the charging port both in and out. You will to scrub gently and dry it for 10mins.

If the two above Methods doesn't work, you will need to replace your power bank battery .
It cost less than 1k.

Regards. Femdevcon

You can also read my tutorial on how to make an home made power bank yourself
http://femdevcon..com/2015/05/easy-method-to-create-your-own-power.html?m=1

Am grateful for your swift response. I will try them out now. Can you tell me where I can replace power bank battery. Am in Ibadan. Thanks
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Chukzii(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2016
hi, my gionee m5 mini hangs then restarts on its own and it's a new phone, wats do u advice I do
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
bignoble05:

Am grateful for your swift response. I will try them out now. Can you tell me where I can replace power bank battery. Am in Ibadan. Thanks

Bodija
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2016
Chukzii:
hi, my gionee m5 mini hangs then restarts on its own and it's a new phone, wats do u advice I do

Factory reset it
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Marvel1206: 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hi femdevcon cyberdemonic

i'm having problem with my itel 1503. If am using the phone normally or heavily, the battery drains normally but if i close all apps and lock the screen without using it, it continues to drain my battery without usage, i've tried everything i can to stop it from draining while not using it but it continues to do which leaves me with no option but to switch off my phone anytime am not using it and am getting tired of this. Any help please
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Chukzii(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
Cyberdemonic:

Factory reset it
done that already
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
Marvel1206:
Hi femdevcon cyberdemonic

i'm having problem with my itel 1503. If am using the phone normally or heavily, the battery drains normally but if i close all apps and lock the screen without using it, it continues to drain my battery without usage, i've tried everything i can to stop it from draining while not using it but it continues to do which leaves me with no option but to switch off my phone anytime am not using it and am getting tired of this. Any help please

You need Greenify , This will solve it am very optimistic about that

http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/how-to-stop-android-apps-running-in.html?m=1
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Marvel1206: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Cyberdemonic:

You need Greenify , This will solve it am very optimistic about that

http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/04/how-to-stop-android-apps-running-in.html?m=1

thanks, and another thing my phone doesn't charge with pc normally it charges but quickly discharges
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Cyberdemonic: 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

thanks, and another thing my phone doesn't charge with pc normally it charges but quickly discharges

Remove your battery and remove the carbon residues present.

Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by kelsidengkucio(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2016
mr nerd, how do i change my moniker on nairaland
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Marvel1206: 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Cyberdemonic:

Remove your battery and remove the carbon residues present.
how can i do that
Re: Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem by Ayostically: 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
I had to change my touchpad a couple of months ago bcoz it broke. the replaced touchpad is cracked @ the top left corner of the phone. since then, it's been giving me serious problems: it self-operates, auto-type and doesn't respond @ times when I want to input command.
I was told it's virus issue by a phone repairer. but I think it's the cracked touchpad.

what do I do. can I get original touchpad to buy in Benin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Three Best Apps To Root Your Android Device Without Pc / How To Get 1gb Data For N50 Or 2gb For N100! / MTN Nigeria Announces Planned Service Disruption.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.