Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics (35213 Views)

Foluke Daramola: "How Apostle Ayo Babalola's Wife Destroyed Him" / Foluke Daramola's 40th Birthday Photos / Fans To Foluke Daramola: Your Makeup Is Too Much, It Covers Your Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by smileysmiley(f): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2016
Allina:
I hope you know there are some helpless young girls who are forced into marriage at a tender age,deprived from attending even a primary school. The bill is for these ones who have no voice
most people don't even understand what the bill is about, they are defining it on surface level
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by iPopAlomo(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2016
Azil:
As a woman, how does the passing of the bill or not preclude you from getting an education, learning a trade, growing a business, building a company, choosing not to be a leech, contesting for political positions, having a family and doing amazing things? Women who generally cannot achieve much always look for an excuse or play the victim. Go out there with your heads up high, integrity and self esteem in check not forgetting humility, intelligence and wit... And see if you would not be treated equally or even more.

Aunty Azil... You're blessed... infact... if it's not that you're married and I'm not a serious person... I'd have married you...

Cc: smileysmiley

Hope you can read... Gender equality bill in no way protects the girl child... it protects lazy-ass women who can't compete with hardworking women like Azil up there doing great things... the gender equality doesn't send the girl child to school... it's a facade... That's all... a deceptive facade...

My mom doesn't need gender equality... my sister... she's married now don't need gender equality... And I'm not ashamed to say it... my mom had a point made more money than my father... my sister is an Accountant... And already self employed with three kids... she doesn't need gender equality... As far as I know... as long as you want it... there's equal opportunity for both gender to make it...

I'm tired of typing... lol... grin
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by iPopAlomo(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2016
smileysmiley:
most people don't even understand what the bill is about, they are defining it on surface level

Call it any other bill... But it is not a gender equality bill to protect the girl-child...
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Allina:
I hope you know there are some helpless young girls who are forced into marriage at a tender age,deprived from attending even a primary school. The bill is for these ones who have no voice

Poverty is the major reason more than 50% of parents give their underage daughters hand in marriage. Except that bill is a panacea, poverty will still abound and they'll do anything to ease it.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Cholls(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2016
smileysmiley:
your weed is strong undecided don't mention me again
my sister I just used you as am example.....to drive home my point why male should be careful expressing opinions on any female because they will be attacked.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nnachuka(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2016
smileysmiley:
sweetheart I'm from Imo, Isiala mbano to be precise. I made that statement cause it is related to the topic. Two of my secondary school mates (Igbo girls) are married to men old enough to father them, these girls had their boyfriends before the marriage and they were practically forced into it, the father of one threatened to disown her. Yh, it is a culture but it has become the law. Whether this bill will be able to stop it is a story for another day. Most girls are being educated now to increase their market value, take it or leave it. An average Nigerian parent with no value for education will marry his daughter out once she is done with her first degree, with no regards to whether she wants to further or not but they will give no second thoughts to further their son through school. We all know the reason most men are not in school is cause they are looking for a surer means to make money. The girls go to school, the boys make money and come to make their pick and whether she is interested or not, her parents will bundle her and give her to the guy.
a culture can never take the place of the law legally. You've got decent points and I'm going to have to agree with some, most parents push their children irrespective of their gender to study these days,one of the characteristics of a living thing is competition and adaptation, women are professors,judges, consultants and whatever they choose to become,a choice they made for themselves not what society gave them.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Azil:
As a woman, how does the passing of the bill or not preclude you from getting an education, learning a trade, growing a business, building a company, choosing not to be a leech, contesting for political positions, having a family and doing amazing things? Women who generally cannot achieve much always look for an excuse or play the victim. Go out there with your heads up high, integrity and self esteem in check not forgetting humility, intelligence and wit... And see if you would not be treated equally or even more.

Your post hits me as not only selfish but self centered as well.

Of course there are women activist living well and doing great for themselves, running organizations and holding political positions but still women activists.

Such women ain't fighting for gender equality because they are left out or because the are marginalized. They are fighting for the ones who do not have voices of their own.

In Nigeria there are still people who believe it's waste of money to send girls to school, there is a very high rate of violence in homes, there is unjust treatment between the male and female folks, some of this people don't have voices of their own.

For instance, I remember during election, there were houses where the husband made their wife not to vote for the candidates of their choices threatening with all sort of things...

What we are agitating for is way far from individuals women power. It's equality to all. . . It's a society where the wife can say I am voting for GEJ, and the husband says I, for PMB.

A society where no one is forcing a girl child at age 14 to marry. Society that gives the female child her right.

This is not a fight for an individual but for those who cannot speak up for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by iPopAlomo(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2016
Allina:
so many people don't know what the gender equality bill is about.It is not about fighting for who is in authority in the home,who is the head of the family and so on.It is about abolishing all forms of abuse women suffer. I don't see why any sane person would be against punishing rapist,sending a female child to school,abolishing all forms of maltreatment widows go through, imagine washing a dead body and giving a living human to drink the water used in washing,after washing.God forbid bad thing! Talking about abolishing child marriage which has so many bad effects psychologically and health wise.It would be totally inhumane for somebody to be against it.To me it is pure wickedness

So men don't suffer abuse...?
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by iPopAlomo(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2016
cococandy:
They told her everything and even went overboard. So nothing to add. Except sorry to her

freecocoa... don't worry... your sister have show... And as usual... she's spoiling her rubbish...
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nnachuka(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2016
freecocoa:
I don't give words my own meanings, if you want to ask me the meaning of fairness You go ahead, don't ask me what it means to me. It is not subjective.
the language suggests that words have their meaning according to the role they play in a sentence, hence my question is to understand the angle you were coming from. And what do you mean by subjective cos your argument or point of view would be substantial or worthwhile if you have clarity. And a little politeness from you would go a long way in helping you to be convincing. I perceive a choleric temperament

1 Like

Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by smileysmiley(f): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2016
Nnachuka:
a culture can never take the place of the law legally. You've got decent points and I'm going to have to agree with some, most parents push their children irrespective of their gender to study these days,one of the characteristics of a living thing is competition and adaptation, women are professors,judges, consultants and whatever they choose to become,a choice they made for themselves not what society gave them.
We seem to be on the same page now. Without sounding monotonous, I'll like to state one final fact, these women that are professors, judges and so on became that either because their various families supported them or they were strong willed enough to see their dreams come to reality. Not everyone is like that, some people don't have that zeal to fight the norm and some don't even know that they can go against the norm so they just settle for what they get. This bill is supposed to protect the interest of women like that.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2016
commytosy:
I dislike gender equality.... my future husband has to be the head of the house.

if women need gender equality, they should be ready to Carter for their families n also slashed expenses equal at home.

You need a medal for this comment. I doff my hat for you
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2016
Azil:

Poverty is the major reason more than 50% of parents give their underage daughters hand in marriage. Except that bill is a panacea, poverty will still abound and they'll do anything to ease it.

Culture is reason why they do. That's why a law is needed.

Why don't they give out their male children out for marriages, And get dowry from it? After all there are women looking for husbands!

And when a bill is passed and they come to see how they will no longer be allowed to do that. They will definitely start to settle for 1 or 2 kids.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by smileysmiley(f): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2016
Cholls:
my sister I just used you as am example.....to drive home my point why male should be careful expressing opinions on any female because they will be attacked.
ok
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by smileysmiley(f): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Aunty Azil... You're blessed... infact... if it's not that you're married and I'm not a serious person... I'd have married you...

Cc: smileysmiley

Hope you can read... Gender equality bill in no way protects the girl child... it protects lazy-ass women who can't compete with hardworking women like Azil up there doing great things... the gender equality doesn't send the girl child to school... it's a facade... That's all... a deceptive facade...

My mom doesn't need gender equality... my sister... she's married now don't need gender equality... And I'm not ashamed to say it... my mom had a point made more money than my father... my sister is an Accountant... And already self employed with three kids... she doesn't need gender equality... As far as I know... as long as you want it... there's equal opportunity for both gender to make it...

I'm tired of typing... lol... grin
ok...
If you had followed my write up diligently, you would have noticed where I made mention of lazy women who confuse people about the real definition of "feminism". I would have liked to create a thread on that so we can understand this thing better but I lack the zeal to do that. Whenever you are less busy, Google it and study it, I'm aware of the fact that some women use it as an opportunity to lazy about, thereby redefining its true meaning so maybe a little research on what it is truly about could give you a guide. No right thinking human should be against such bill cause as long as you are an upright individual and you do everything in the proper way, it doesn't affect you in any way.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Allina: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2016
iPopAlomo:

So men don't suffer abuse...?
we all know that women are more abused
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nnachuka(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2016
Ghost01:
Contemporary mainstream feminism is loud, confrontational, and what we may call ... "anti-sexist sexism". Gone were the days when women rights activists like Betty Friedan tried to do away with 'feminility' or 'masculinity' by advocating that what both sexes share is 'humanity' and that that's what we should be concerned about.

The Senate goofed by not considering the GEB, but even those who sponsored the Bill goofed more by equating gender equality solely with feminist demands.
bro your insight and way of thinking is a welcome addition to the human race
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by doveda: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Not for meundecided. Send me a pm . I will be waiting
iPopAlomo:

It's a process... calm down... let's just talk up...
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Silumi(f): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2016
This pple ve tym... I almost fell asleep reading this but someone needs to define this gender equality properly for her
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by iPopAlomo(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2016
Allina:
we all know that women are more abused

See your life...
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nnachuka(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2016
Allina:
oh for God sake forget the pity parties please! I was raised by a single mom and I suffered some emotional trauma from verbal abuse... but I won't start saying stuffs like what you are. Everyone has gone through something stop trying to get people to feel for you
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2016
all I can read from the instagram posts is Foluke fighting with some frustrated lesbians.

Women who know their onions know without an iota of doubt they actually wield more power than the menfolk.

struggling with men on who wears the pant at home will only upset the apple cart.

all these small girls running amok on this forum mouthing stuff they don't know.

check out the US. it started with the feminist movement in the early 70s, then came swiftly the sexual revolution and before you could say Jack the family structure started to crumble.

now the final nail to the coffin is homosexuality.

all these people shouting gender equality will also be the ones championing homosexuality and lesbianism in a few years time. you can quote me on this.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nnachuka(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2016
smileysmiley:
We seem to be on the same page now. Without sounding monotonous, I'll like to state one final fact, these women that are professors, judges and so on became that either because their various families supported them or they were strong willed enough to see their dreams come to reality. Not everyone is like that, some people don't have that zeal to fight the norm and some don't even know that they can go against the norm so they just settle for what they get. This bill is supposed to protect the interest of women like that.
the women who sit and do nothing are weak. Life would never be fair to an individual someone once said And I quote "people of accomplishment don't just sit back an let things happen, they happen on things" it didn't say women or men did it now? I've made my point an I'm tired of typing good to make an argument with a lady that wouldn't tear your head off. Nice chatting with you ma'am
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Allina: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Azil:

poverty is one reason another reason is that they see no wrong in it.If only a law could be put in place a great number of such incidence would be stopped.There was a day I saw a thread about a wedding in an idp camp.You need to see the bride,very young.Now tell me what amount of money would an Idp have that would appearing so mouth watering to the bride's parents? The main reason why the bride's parents would give out their daughter's hand in marriage at such age it's because they feel it's alright to do so and because their is no law against it
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by smileysmiley(f): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2016
Nnachuka:
the women who sit and do nothing are weak. Life would never be fair to an individual someone once said And I quote "people of accomplishment don't just sit back an let things happen, they happen on things" it didn't say women or men did it now? I've made my point an I'm tired of typing good to make an argument with a lady that wouldn't tear your head off. Nice chatting with you ma'am
it was nice chatting with you too
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by iPopAlomo(m): 10:25am On Apr 27, 2016
smileysmiley:

I knew it... this gender equality rubbish is not used to protect any girl child... it's to protect lazy women that can't work... Not every male has the will to be a professor or an engineer... But do we ( I can't use we cos I'm an engineer...) they hide behind a bloody bill...?! Would you like to date someone with a weak will...?!
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2016
I just dey laughter. Feminism is a devil's tool. If they should pass that bill I will tell President Buhari not to assent to the bill. God has made men the head over women. Though am not against women not being rich, not holding positions or owning properties.
God bless Foluke Daramola.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by HomeOfMe(f): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2016
iPopAlomo:
Gender equality bill...

What are these women fighting for...?!

Women own houses, they own cars, they travel wherever they want to go and they still seek equality when it's obvious they have more rights than men...

Hopeful our bleeped up Senate passes this bill... I'm on the fringes ready to exploit it... Ladies first goes goes out the window... they better start fixing their cars and changing tyres... And killing their own chickens...

To be honest... Lazy women like freecocoa and cococandy are the once pushing for this useless bill to be passed... Hardworking women don't have time for these crap...
Blowing Abig kiss to you! You said it all.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Fkforyou(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2016
There is no justification for their abuse in her person, even if they don't agree with what she said, there are better ways of expressing it.

Yet they claim to be enlightened but see how they are behaving and bullying their fellow woman instead of educating her just because she doesn't share their opinion.

And these are the same set of people that want equality through bullying and expect people to accept them with open arms.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Allina: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2016
Nnachuka:
oh for God sake forget the pity parties please! I was raised by a single mom and I suffered some emotional trauma from verbal abuse... but I won't start saying stuffs like what you are. Everyone has gone through something stop trying to get people to feel for you
Mr I'm not in any way trying to make people feel for me.I've never been abused up till the extent of being emotionally traumatized.You see the difference between the both of us is that I've not gone through what you have but yet I want similar situations that led to your emotional trauma to be trimmed down. I don't want my sisters to go through such abuses.Is there anything wrong with that? you being a victim should understand me
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by freecocoa(f): 10:39am On Apr 27, 2016
brownsug:
Without calling her names they could correct,if we use this approach to correct everyone pple no go remain again o

Her statement was offensive and while I agree that hurling invectives at her wasn't the proper way to go, you can understand the need for their vexation/venting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's Opinion On Whatsapp Calls Got Her Slammed / DJ Cuppy & Temi Otedola Go Shopping In New York With Their Dad, Femi Otedola / Throwback Photo Of Di'ja As A Young Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.