Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions (25945 Views)

Ghana’s Chalkboard Computer Teacher Arrives Singapore To Attend Microsoft Summit / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University / Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Octobertwentysix(f): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Dear Op how did you pass English in WAEC and JAMB. How did you even construct this trash. Your grammar is shameful, please face your studies and try to improve your writing skill cos if you continue like this I wonder how you will be able to write a simple application letter or a business proposal and leave private institutions alone if you are not privileged to attend one its not any one's fault. And yes am a product of a public university.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by squarelead(m): 11:55am On Apr 27, 2016
If you are not in the private setting, just keep shut because you don't know wats going on there. U just base your assumption on personal view. Nonsense!
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
All this unnecessary noise. Thank God my certificate gave me a good job .
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by redy: 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
my dad is not a millionaire but I believe with my hardwork and prayers I will take my dad to the top.....he count his own money in tense of Thousand

It's tens of thousands Bro. Thank this dull girl from a private university.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by fbtowner(m): 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
Joshuahunpe:
Heeee... Gbese re ooo, u are all welcomed to public universities. See bomb! Jesus..forgive ur people.

God is your strength
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
Draxler:

What did your chemistry graduates invent in your public university?
am not a chemist.. but I can tell u chemistry graduates are making waves. I know of a project in Abu they converted sun energy (solar) into gas used for cooking.. mention 1 laudable project done in private uni
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by mevisbleek: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
sheedy407:
OP,
You cant even construct or outline your points in a comprehensive approach to discredit private universities to your public universities.
I believe you still need to bend your trunk,make your proper research and head back to Nairaland to back up your fallacious claims because this is a very poor write up

In all,I still represent MADONNA UNIVERSITY 2010/2011 set.
@sheedy407
Thank you

Well done. Awesome response.

I rep Covenant University class of 2008. University of Toronto class of 2011.
Working in a fortune 100 company without any connection.

Op, please re-write and get back to us.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by DrayZee: 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
banjo022:
Okay to study chemistry in covenant university its about 800k per annum and they have never invented anything not even anointing oil... I rather send my kids to study in south Africa than all these glorified secondary schools producing half baked graduates.
You'll just stay and say a school has never invented anything. You don't even know what the word "invention" means. If you did, you'd know you can't invent something that already exists. Go check what students there have done and stop running your mouth here uninformed.
Besides, what have you achieved in your own university?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by foriz4u(m): 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
holicalpha:
Morning B!tch...He spoke the truth... Hate Him or Love him....Public Institutions are better than Private...mostly in terms of Products.

How much does your r3tarded Father make.?
can u pls mention 20 public universities in combine that can be compare to just covenant university alone where companies queue up to employ its graduate even before graduation.
poverty is a disease o pray against it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by srrrr(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Federal schools do ALUTA. I luv it so much
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
I hate it when people bash private universities because they were not priviledge to attend.
Op forgets that some state universities demand high fees like private. To attend any Private Boarding house secondary school @ festac town where I stay, you should be budgeting 120k per term ATLEAST.
Have you been to Covenant varsity Op? The moment you step foot into that building, the serene environment & appearance of the student will make you rethink these gibberish you put up here
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by foriz4u(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
my dad is not a millionaire but I believe with my hardwork and prayers I will take my dad to the top.....he count his own money in tense of Thousand
when poverty makes u see urself more superior and better than the child if a wealthy man because of d worthless things u ve that u even begging to make boosts about it, my brother at that point you need serious spiritual prayers.

I'd liked to advice you to just walk pass convenant university I'm sure that after ur tour u will fight ur father for not working hard to send u there n then u will work much harder to make sure ur children either school there or abubaka's uni.

guy change d way u think ok. think big, work harder n pray to God to bless ur beadwork. abeg

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by CookieBrown: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
holicalpha:
I'm guessing you're a brother to that B!arch.... Can't type Much, Nothing changes the fact that Public tertiary Institutions are better than Private.

I guess you call your mother a bitch every morning when you wake, hehehe, f**king monkey with a black brain. So i was right, you are a polytechnic student not even university, no wonder you changed your stance to public tertiary institution. The son of a lower class man , you will defintely turn out to be like your father in the future.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Draxler: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
banjo022:
am not a chemist.. but I can tell u chemistry graduates are making waves. I know of a project in Abu they converted sun energy (solar) into gas used for cooking.. mention 1 laudable project done in private uni
Ill just mention a few. A covenant university graduate built a car a few years ago. I know a few that built drones in the electrical department. I've seen someone there that built a 'smart fridge' and I have seen goal line technology live because a friend worked on it as his final year project. Like I said I'll only mention a few. There are lots more.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
mineANDurs:
Op just ur english alone is enuf to make u fail any written interview. Since u proclaimed urself "very intelligent" biko try to improve on ur written english. Thank you.

Meanwhile I pray to God to bless me and my husband with lots of cash because I want my kids to attend the best PRIVATE UNIVERSITY in town.
..hahahaha thumbs up this op is jst being a frugal retard
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by daylay123(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

Add yours if you agree and quote me wrong if you are a victim of private institution grin

All you listed here are also characteristic of public institutions.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by croSStodds(m): 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
adebayolukmon:
Truth be told, if your parents can afford a private university, thats certainly where you will attend, so stop hating man.....#ILoveEmmyBusko
undecided undecidedSeriously??
Nobody is hating here, what he asserted was nothing but the bitter truth.
And for the silly vindication you made up there,that's an insipid conjecture,Believe it or not,my Dad could afford to send me to a private uni and yet told me to fill a public uni,why? Cos he knew the quality of education in a private uni is substandard and nothing to write home about compared to a public uni.
Similarly, one of my cousins whom after several attempts couldn't gain admission into a federal uni had to opt in for a private university owing to the level of frustration and the number of years she was spending at home. grin grin grin grin
Baba, no vex o! But from my personal perspective, studying in a private uni's a total waste of time owing to do fact you will get discriminated ultimately in the Labour market.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Draxler:

Ill just mention a few. A covenant university graduate built a car a few years ago. I know a few that built drones in the electrical department. I've seen someone there that built a 'smart fridge' and I have seen goal line technology live because a friend worked on it as his final year project. Like I said I'll only mention a few. There are lots more.
yea covenant university is a good sch no doubt.. wat abt other private uni
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
DrayZee:

You'll just stay and say a school has never invented anything. You don't even know what the word "invention" means. If you did, you'd know you can't invent something that already exists. Go check what students there have done and stop running your mouth here uninformed.
Besides, what have you achieved in your own university?
Bros I think we can have a healthy conversation without throwing jibs at each other
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by basadenet: 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
Based on my personal experience, Your views here is totally baseless, misleading and unfounded. Though expensive but there are some that can still fit in into your budget. If we all have enough money, i will recommend private university for our children.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by amtaken(f): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ok.

Eyaa but she is working in same place with you. Anyways never generalize .
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by celez(m): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
please do not compare institutions. Success is a personal thing. Determination and focus is key. Just because of this same reason I had to give students of a known federal school lessons each time we were on break.
Also know that there are people there on scholarships.
Sincerely tell me what you will do if u sought for admission for years and your father being well to do decides he will not spend his money on you in a private school but he buys new cars yearly?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by celez(m): 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
Please do not compare institutions. Success is a personal thing. Determination and focus is key. Just because of this same reason I had to give students of a known federal school lessons each time we were on break.
Also know that there are people there on scholarships.
Sincerely tell me what you will do if u sought for admission for years and your father being well to do decides he will not spend his money on you in a private school but he buys new cars yearly?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by omosefeeguaibor(f): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
OP don't you think your topic is quite ironic, you're talking about education, yet your English is not well constructed, I had to scroll down to read people's comment to make sure I'm not the only one seeing the error, no hard feelings intended, ensure you read your work before you post them
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by mccoymatrix(m): 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
Truefederalism:

Tense of thousand!
Public school benefactor
lolzz
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by OmRuth(f): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
YOUR COMPARISM FACTOR ARE SO BASELESS AM SURE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY NEITHER DO YOU HAVE ANY RELATIVES THERE..I JUST CANT BELIEVE A SUPPOSED GRADUATE OF GOD KNOWS WHERE COULD REASON LIKE THIS.MAY U HAVE JUST THE KIND OF MONEY YOU NEED TO SEND YOUR KIDS TO ILARO,MAPOLY,IREPOLY,EDE AND SO ON WHILE I HAVE THE KIND OF GOOD CASH TO SEND MY CUTIES TO LCU,COVENANT,BABCOCK AND OTHER UPCOMING EXPENSIVE UNIVERSITY..
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by CookieBrown: 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
banjo022:

There is no such project, do you really have to lie to make a point? Even if there was , it would have already been discovered by European universities long ago. Besides, you do know this information can be verified just by searching the web, don't you? Silly little man.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by brunobaba(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
sheedy407:
OP,
You cant even construct or outline your points in a comprehensive approach to discredit private universities to your public universities.
I believe you still need to bend your trunk,make your proper research and head back to Nairaland to back up your fallacious claims because this is a very poor write up

@sheedy407
Thank you
sheedy407:
OP,

@sheedy407
Thank you
sheedy407:
OP,

@sheedy407
Thank you
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Draxler: 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
banjo022:
yea covenant university is a good sch no doubt.. wat abt other private uni
I don't know about others. I know about CU because that's my Alma mater. However I'm sure other private schools aren't doing badly either.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
CookieBrown:

There is no such project, do you really have to lie to make a point? Even if there was , it would have already been discovered by European universities long ago. Besides, you do know this information can be verified just by searching the web, don't you? Silly little man.
I can't really say.. I went for a project seminar in the school and I was told about it..
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 18, 2016
Opistorincos:
@op come to bowen university and attend lectures for just a week, your mentality will change for the better... either you go to a pub or priv uni the main thing is for all of us to be successful after graduation
Smiles, na you be that? grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Opistorincos(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2016
Toluwarni:
Smiles, na you be that? grin grin

na me o.... how una dey??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

should i study agric? / Solve This Simple Maths If You Can:::::::::::::::::::::::: / Oloyede Cancels UTME Mock With Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.