Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. (2266 Views)

"His Joystick Is A Dot, I Almost Cried": Kenyan Lady Calls Out Man After Sex / “I Almost Lost My Life 3 Days Ago But My Boobs Saved Me” - Lady Recounts / The Day I Almost Died After Checking My Girlfriend's Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Marinza(m): 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
It's a bit lengthy but do read

Last week Friday to be precise, I went to see a friend and the bus I took dropped me at the other side of the road. I had to cross the busy express and there was no pedestrian bridge, honestly I hate crossing express roads, I would rather go find a pedestrian bridge.

Anyways I had no choice so I prepped myself, I had headphones on, the one that comes with the J8, it was loud but I could see where I wanted to cross, so I didn’t need to take them off.

As I was about crossing I saw a woman with two kids, a baby on her back and another girl around about 8years tagging along.

She said something and honestly I assumed she was begging which was usual in Nigeria and I walked away with irritation, there was no one else walking except us, I wanted to even run self before they jazz me and steal me , but I looked back and I saw she was sill following dragging her child along.

So I removed my headset and asked what she wanted, and she said she wanted me to help her cross with her kids. For a grown woman it was a Strange request but I obliged her, I was still weary so I didn’t touch or hold any of them, before I touch someone and I vanish, don’t blame me I have heard stories.

So we crossed the first part and got to the demarcation at the middle, my mind just told me to hold the smaller child as we were about crossing. Before I could say jack, this woman just sprinted through the oncoming traffic, the car coming barely missed her, before I could finish recovering, the younger child I was holding ran trying to follow her mum, thankfully I just pulled her back as the car sped past screeching.

When we crossed people were gathered shouting at the woman and thanking me. I was shaken, because I almost didn’t wanna hold that girl, she could have died and how would I have felt? I could have felt responsible for her death forever.

I know there are a lot of people cautious of others, but how do we now select or find out the people who genuinely need help? Well I learnt a valuable lesson that day thou, an act of kindness could save someone’s life, don’t forget that, ever.

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by donbenedict(m): 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Awww, kids tho.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
Moral Lesson:

Be Kind. You won't vanish. grin
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Damiandark01: 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
Moral Lesson:
Be Kind. You won't vanish. grin
Haha depends o...you can vanish
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by okirewaju(f): 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
Yikes

Sound scary
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by louiscole360: 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
This is quite a nice write up!!

I guess we shouldnt ignore the needy.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by winnijaf(f): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2016
Good Gesture OP. But I always frown at those who use Headsets while walking on the road. The Boom J8 doesn't even help matters because it has a very good sound Quality.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Nwokoji1: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2016
It's always good to be good OP. Well done and may God bless you!
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by UyiIredia(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2016
@ Marinza: You did good and for that good will come to you.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 28, 2016
Hmm. Be kind even Ur kindness is reciprocated with hurt or unappreciation.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by HornyTiwa(f): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2016
It is good to be good
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Sodebo: 12:45am On Apr 29, 2016
Nice one. Be kind at all times, you don't know how far a little act of kindness can go. Thanks OP for saving a life, a life saver will come your way too.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by brook75: 3:07am On Apr 29, 2016
aww....nice story, if not for the way things are, it takes nothing to be kind to others.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Touchy I must say. well done op
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2016
Sodebo:
Nice one. Be kind at all times, you don't know how far a little act of kindness can go. Thanks OP for saving a life, a life saver will come your way too.
If only we can being back the spirit of brotherhood
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2016
enieme:
Hmm. Be kind even Ur kindness is reciprocated with hurt or unappreciation.
Permit me to steal your quote
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Penaldo: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2016
I always say that the kindness we show to people may be lifesaving
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Penaldo: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
it is criminal to steal
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Penaldo: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2016
louiscole360:
This is quite a nice write up!!

I guess we shouldnt ignore the needy.
ignore the needy and be ignored in time of need
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2016
Penaldo:
it is criminal to steal
I mean to use her quote
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by jidehis: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2016
First it is wrong to have headset on while on the wrong..but good job with the kid
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by jidehis: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2016
Oshey advocate
ibibiofirstlady:
I mean to use her quote
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by jidehis: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
One has got to be careful these days
brook75:
aww....nice story, if not for the way things are, it takes nothing to be kind to others.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by jidehis: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
What boom J8 will cause hmm
winnijaf:
Good Gesture OP. But I always frown at those who use Headsets while walking on the road. The Boom J8 doesn't even help matters because it has a very good sound Quality.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by investment247: 9:38am On Apr 30, 2016
moral of the story: Use your headset mostly when you`re indoors.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Glowstone(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Who uses headset outdoor
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
sorry, sure you can.
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Minesota1(f): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
Its wrong to have earphones when u r on the road..but Nigerians think its swag...Thank God nothing bad happened
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Minesota1(f): 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
Glowstone:
Who uses headset outdoor
I wonder
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Minesota1(f): 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
Damiandark01:

Haha depends o...you can vanish
Fear fear
Re: How I Almost Let A Family Get Run Over. by Minesota1(f): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
jidehis:
First it is wrong to have headset on while on the wrong..but good job with the kid
I guess u meant to say road not wrong cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Counter Thread : 6 Reasons Why Thick Girls Will Always Look Better / I'm Married, But... / How I Was Bang First Time In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.