Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

What Positive Effect Has The Change Agenda Had On Nigeria So Far? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Positive Effect Has The Change Agenda Had On Nigeria So Far? (1081 Views)

Congratulation Nigeria So So So Had Been Confirmed Dead! / The "Change The Change" PDP Billboard In Makurdi I Saw Today (pics) / Change Agenda: The Bible Warned Against APC, But We Don't Read The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Positive Effect Has The Change Agenda Had On Nigeria So Far? by JacksonD7: 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
Prior to the 2015 general elections the minds of Nigerians were assaulted daily with radio jingles, TV programs and newspaper advertorials containing campaign promises of the various parties involved. At the end of the day the APC with it's change mantra swayed the hearts of Nigerians and emerged as winner of the 2015 general elections.
A few months down the line it would appear that the current situation of the country is very different from that which was promised us.

They promised the naira as going to be equal to the dollar
   Every well informed Nigerian knows the reverse is the case. The naira is steadily falling and this does not seem to have any end in sight. When is the naira dollar equilibrium promised by the APC going to materialize?.

Impartial war against corruption
   Strangely, the bulk of the anti-corruption war effort seems to be targeted mainly at opposition party members. If I remember correctly the President said the anti-corruption war was going to be all inclusive and yet the reverse seems to be the case. And how can we take his commitment to fighting corruption seriously when certain individuals who have been classified as some of the most corrupt persons in Nigeria happen to be key members of his cabinet?.

The economic situation will improve
   This doesn't seem to be happening instead the economy seems to be be going down. Prices of commodities in the market are going high, electricity tariff has been increased, fuel scarcity is in the air and the economic situation is so bad that some states have not been able to pay salaries for months. The situation is so dire that some states were even talking about retrenching workers and reducing minimum wage(wasn't it supposed to increase every five years), at this rate Nigeria's position as Africa's largest economy may soon be in jeopardy. With the way things are going right now I can't help but ask when is the promised economic change going to materialize?

After looking at everything constructively I found out that the more I look for change the less I see. Unless you can count all the negative changes(government agencies disobeying court orders, incessant arrest and detainment of opposition party members, failing economy etc).

Anyway, the administration is relatively young so it has a lot of time to fulfill it's campaign promises. And it better be soon cause Nigerians are desperately waiting for the change we can see.
Re: What Positive Effect Has The Change Agenda Had On Nigeria So Far? by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:37am On May 24, 2017
You should be asking about the negatives, cause nothing positive ever came out of this curse of a party
Re: What Positive Effect Has The Change Agenda Had On Nigeria So Far? by JacksonD7: 10:02pm On May 29, 2017
BoleynDynaSTY:
You should be asking about the negatives, cause nothing positive ever came out of this curse of a party

I opened this thread in 2016, it's getting exposure a year later. If I wrote it now I don't think I would be asking questions, APC administration is one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Keep Calm The End Of Nigeria Could Be A Good Thing / Ben Murray Bruce Lashes Back At A Follower For Not Minding His Business. / Falana Is A Thief!He Is A Disgrace To Nigerian Legal System/Constitution!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.