Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,208 members, 7,846,009 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? (3210 Views)

"Buhari Has Been Depressed About All The Killings Happening''- Femi Adesina / Tunde Bakare Blasts DSS Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue / Nigerians Protest In UK Over Killings In Plateau By Fulani Herdsmen (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 6:33am On May 31, 2016
any move will just bring about war, but force is what those people would listen to
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by davo3286: 11:21am On May 31, 2016
EgunMogaji:

We do, sort off.

Each state has a person in charge, DPO I think.

Do you think NPF just roams around the whole country?

My friend, there is nothing like state police in nigeria but federal police controlled by the FG.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 31, 2016
davo3286:

My friend, there is nothing like state police in nigeria but federal police controlled by the FG.

I'm not your friend.

We have a federal police wth state command.

What the original poster many by state police and what I mean are simple to understand.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by davo3286: 6:18pm On May 31, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm not your friend.

We have a federal police wth state command.

What the original poster many by state police and what I mean are simple to understand.

"We have a federal police with state command." Does it make it a state police?? We also have commands, divisions and garrison of nigerian military (army, navy and airforce) located in states with GOCs (General Officer Commanding) or other hierarchies/authorities. Are you now saying these are state armies Who owns and controls the police, state or federal? In nigeria, states don't own police. They only assist the federal police with logistics and equipment in whichever way they can. Come guy, use your head o.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 31, 2016
davo3286:

"We have a federal police with state command." Does it make it a state police?? We also have commands, divisions and garrison of nigerian military (army, navy and airforce) located in states with GOCs (General Officer Commanding) or other hierarchies/authorities. Are you now saying these are state armies Who owns and controls the police, state or federal? In nigeria, states don't own police. They only assist the federal police with logistics and equipment in whichever way they can. Come guy, use your head o.

Obviously you're not using your head and grasping complicated issues is outside of your realm.

We have police state command. I can't bring myself down to a kindergartner level to explain to you and frankly it's not my job.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by davo3286: 1:02am On Jun 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Obviously you're not using your head and grasping complicated issues is outside of your realm.

We have police state command. I can't bring myself down to a kindergartner level to explain to you and frankly it's not my job.

Guy calm down no be quarrel. How u dey?
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 01, 2016
davo3286:

Guy calm down no be quarrel. How u dey?

My brother this traffic na die this afternoon.

Motor driver no even let us okada people squeeze pass small angry

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by thatintrovert: 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

We do, sort off.

Each state has a person in charge, DPO I think.

Do you think NPF just roams around the whole country?
I thought they just roamed aimlessly o grin but seriously their superiors should do a better job of getting them in order

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by 9ja4live: 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
If I were the president I would implement a true fiscal federalism. This will reduce the over concentration of power at the center and devolve more responsibility to the federation units. It will make them wear their thinking cap because technically, growth will be localised with the people and competitive.
This will automatically take care of the current injustice of resources management. It will remove corruption at the center while the focus will be on the federation units.
The killings will be managed because every state will be responsible for its residency procedures and management of its population and their protection.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Harry17: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
If dialogue doesn't work the only option is force
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by emmasege: 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
I'd first deal ruthlessly with the murderous herdsmen, whom are considered my flesh & blood. I'd then proceed to the east and warn those threatening secession. A saying in my language says if one's never been 'mad' at his/hernown siblings, half siblings won't fear someone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan Reacts To Benue, Enugu Killings, Says Blaming Fulani Herdsmen ‘”absurd” / Ekweremadu Set To Join APC / Breaking: Rotimi Amaechi Loses As INEC Rejects Tonye Cole As Rivers Guber Candid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.