Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home (41909 Views)

Burial Of IPOB Member Killed When Army Invaded Nnamdi Kanu's House (Photos) / Herdsmen Invade Soyinka’s Home / How Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinkas Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by sholasure(m): 12:17am On Apr 29, 2016
This is the time APC needs to fulfil the promises on State Policing.
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by Ishilove: 12:19am On Apr 29, 2016
MrPresident1:

Then you likely have not met Wade Cudeback on his way to Ashtabula! grin. Highly unlikely you have met Maren too cool

Essay or S.A. Soditan is Soyinka's father, the Wild Christian is his mother.

Get Ake:years of childhood, and you will meet their pleasant acquaintance cheesy
I will cause Penkelemes if you say I haven't met Maren cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by ogekingz(m): 12:34am On Apr 29, 2016
Hehehe. ....this old man is speaking because his been affected........old man use ur head... .where have you been all these while? U wouldn't have said anything if not for you been affected. ...
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by naijaking1: 2:26am On Apr 29, 2016
Ishilove:

Very unfortunate indeed. To think that Kongi spent a year in solitary confinement for senseless fools like them

I take it that your reference to "them" means Igbos? I also take it that you are or used to be a moderator in this section of N/L? Assuming that both are correct, then it shows what a common sense burden you have been to owners of this website and the people you pretend to represent.

Kongi cut his teeth demonstrating his preference for principles over the usual plate of porridge many of you are known for. Unlike Gani Fawhemi, Tai Solarin, the Ijebu farmers association, the whole other majority of your folks lined up, plate in hand, asking and begging for some cheap porridge prepared by the same Hausa Fulanis using illicit harvest from your neighbors in the east--and boy was it delicious while it lasted.

Kongi, being a very principled man was one of the few to complained and cry out loud. He rejected the porridge for principles!
If you met Kongi in Atlanta about the time he won the prize, you'd realize that placing him inside your small bigotry Yoruba basket does the man no honors. Apparently, reading a lot of his work has not brought you any closer to a better understanding, or an improved principle of life.

Keep working on it, maybe, some day, you'll mature and have a better appreciation of his principles, and most of all, you will know that he is more like an African giant, stuffing him inside your small Yoruba pot is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by kwynette(f): 4:04am On Apr 29, 2016
amiibaby:
Kill all hausas and Nigeria will be a place to live
how can you say that? It's really unfair, are all the hausas Fulani herdsmen? You need to apologize
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by Ishilove: 5:08am On Apr 29, 2016
naijaking1:

I take it that your reference to "them" means Igbos? I also take it that you are or used to be a moderator in this section of N/L? Assuming that both are correct, then it shows what a common sense burden you have been to owners of this website and the people you pretend to represent.

Kongi cut his teeth demonstrating his preference for principles over the usual plate of porridge many of you are known for. Unlike Gani Fawhemi, Tai Solarin, the Ijebu farmers association, the whole other majority of your folks lined up, plate in hand, asking and begging for some cheap porridge prepared by the same Hausa Fulanis using illicit harvest from your neighbors in the east--and boy was it delicious while it lasted.

Kongi, being a very principled man was one of the few to complained and cry out loud. He rejected the porridge for principles!
If you met Kongi in Atlanta about the time he won the prize, you'd realize that placing him inside your small bigotry Yoruba basket does the man no honors. Apparently, reading a lot of his work has not brought you any closer to a better understanding, or an improved principle of life.

Keep working on it, maybe, some day, you'll mature and have a better appreciation of his principles, and most of all, you will know that he is more like an African giant, stuffing him inside your small Yoruba pot is wrong.
O ga o undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by Ishilove: 5:10am On Apr 29, 2016
Omenka, naptu2, naijaking1 says I'm an immature Yoruba bigot grin grin

He also says I stuffed Soyinka into my small Yoruba pot.

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by longayink: 5:55am On Apr 29, 2016
Acidosis:
This is the time APC needs to fulfil the promises on State Policing. However, with the on-going NPF recruitment exercise, it is clear the party has nothing new to offer in terms of security of lives and properties.

May God deliver our officers who spend more time in beer parlours and "WEED" joints. We will manage them till 2019.

Southern legislators who could have used this period to say it's state police or araba --- they look north like Lucozade.
North does not want any thing that can upset this unitary government system through which north channels more of Nigeria's incomes from the south to the north through the myriad states and local government councils created in the north by northern soldiers.

The look like Lucozade by southerners goes on.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by ritahot(f): 6:21am On Apr 29, 2016
iamrealdeji:
Well,i can't blame you,afterall,you guys claim that Jesus died for you and yet people like you hated him,lied on him, Mandela must have had some people he was imprisoned for insult him claiming he's stupid to put himself through that suffering. The good old prof was imprisoned for the sake of you and your unborn children,yet you're here raining insults on him

U see ur miserable life?!. U and ur fellow cowards labelled N. Kanu an ipod for fighting an unjust society, awo & mandela must be an ipad.
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by omenka(m): 6:24am On Apr 29, 2016
Ishilove:

People say very amazing things on this board darl. Can't remember the number of times they've said I'm a Fulani Muslim man from Kano trying hard to pass myself off as a Benue indigene.

These guys will totally wear you out if you attempt to argue with them over your very own identity- hell, they damn well know you more than you do yourself! cheesycheesy

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by naptu2: 6:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Ishilove:

HahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahhaahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaHahahahahahhah

grin grin grin grin

O my aching sides!

When did you become yoruba??

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by naptu2: 6:34am On Apr 29, 2016
naijaking1:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha

GOSH! I haven't laughed this much in a very long time.

Thank you.

This should be in the joke section.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by Raphaelmary(m): 6:42am On Apr 29, 2016
Karm16:

Great, maybe now he can stop making noise about IPOB touts and focus more on Fulani herdsmen in the Southwest. While Igbo governors are crying and fasting, Yoruba governors and leaders need to be more productive.
One problem I have with Soyinka is that the same Biafrans he fought for and went to jail for are the ones insulting and belittling his names on social media. When will he stop speaking in their defense?
Maybe now, he can focus his attention on Fulani herdsmen in the SW to ensure that our leaders act instead of shedding crocodile tears. I hope they visit:

1. OBJ
2. Fayose
3. Tinubu
4. Ajimobi
5. Etc

The only way to make Nigerian politicians more efficient is to attack them directly. If SW leaders can't get together in this trying time, they need to used as scapegoats.
you are out of your mind
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by iamrealdeji(m): 6:56am On Apr 29, 2016
ritahot:

U see ur miserable life?!. U and ur fellow cowards labelled N. Kanu an ipod for fighting an unjust society, awo & mandela must be an ipad.
he labelled himself an Ipod and your opportunistic Ipod boys are using him to promote their businesses why he suffers in jail. You plug earpiece into an Ipod just to enjoy its music,that's the same way my jewish brothers are enjoying the way his trial is promoting their businesses. Buy "free Nnamdi Kanu" clothes,handbills,buy Ipod flag,buy "free Nnamdi Kanu" cup,jug,etc my jewish brothers don't do anything free of charge. They can only support what's going to promote their businessi,nna,they only suppoorti Nnamdi Kanu because he promotes their business
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by eyinjuege: 7:11am On Apr 29, 2016
ki02020:

Calm down na, he actually experienced the invasion long before the enugu even falae case

Didn't you see the part he said he had once discus the issue with the late Azazi

Unfortunately most people only see what they want to
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by xynniey(f): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2016
Flashh:
What kind of human thing are you?
lwkmd.
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by deluxez12(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2016
PapaBrowne:
[size=14pt]How Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home[/size]

Nobel Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka has disclosed that herdsmen invaded his home while he was abroad with the cows leaving a “motorable” path.

In an address to the National Conference on Culture and Tourism on April 27, Soyinka decried the ruthless manner with which the herdsmen have conducted their business of late.
He stressed that Nigeria’s tourism will never boom if it continues to tolerate such insecurity, noting that, culture and tourism are interdependent.

He also stated that the federal government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has not done enough to stop the onslaught of the herdsmen.

“Let me narrate a personal experience – just one among many – that was brought home to me, right against my doorstep. Before that specific happening, I had observed a change of quality in forest encounters with cattle herdsmen over the years. These changes had become sufficiently alarming for me to arrange meetings with a few governors and, later, with the late National Security Adviser General Azazi. At the time, we thought that they were Boko Haram, infiltrating into the south under the guise of cattle herding. That was then, and of course, that surmise has never been firmly proven or disproved,” he said in a press statement.

Narrating his experience, he said: “Recently, however, I returned from a trip outside the country about to find that my home ground had been invaded, and a brand-new “Appian way” sliced through my sanctuary. That ‘motorable’ path was made by the hoofed invaders. Both the improvised entry and exit are now blocked, but interested journalists are invited to visit.

“In over two decades of living in that ecological preserve, no such intrusion had ever occurred. I have no idea whether they were Fulani or Futa Jalon herdsmen but, they were cattle herders, and they had cut a crude swathe through my private grounds.

“I made enquiries and sent alerts around, including through the Baale of our neighborhood village. There has been no repeat, and hopefully, it will remain the first and last of such invasion. What it portends, however, is for all thinking citizens to reflect upon, and take concerted measures against.”

[url]http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/28/how-herdsmen-invaded-wole-soyinka%E2%80%99s-home[/url]
they came to read novels
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by patpaul: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2016
Serves him right.In 2015, he vomited his words against the Life Patron of his attackers asssociation, The cattle rearrers associatin, in 2003 and supported him to win the election. Now , they have turned thier guns against him and everybody and the centre cannnot hold again. And the Man In Soyinka Died!
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by Ishilove: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2016
naptu2:

HahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahhaahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaHahahahahahhah

grin grin grin grin

O my aching sides!

When did you become yoruba??
My dear, it must have been when I traveled to Ondo some years back grin
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by Ishilove: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2016
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha

GOSH! I haven't laughed this much in a very long time.

Thank you.

This should be in the joke section.
My darling, me sef tear laugh in the middle of the night when my disbelieving eyes beheld his epistle.

Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by Omonigeriarere: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2016
SleekAboki:
So they had to invade his home before he could voice out?

Did you read the script at all or is late General Azazi among the recent serving Executives? You need deeper mental horizon.
Re: Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinka’s Home by MrPresident1: 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
naijaking1:

All your top politicians in the east have started queuing up for APC/Fulani mess of porridge, so quit the rubbish talk.

Political prostitutes without any principles. Igbos have been the political prostitutes of the North/ Hausa/Fulani since the history of Nigeria began. it began with Zik in 1960 who preferred to be ceremonial governor general rather than executive prime minister, Alex Ekwueme was the wife of Shehu Shagari in 1979, Sylvester Ugoh was Bashir Tofa's concubine in 1993.

Yoruba did not vote for Buhari, get it clearly, the margin of victory was very infinitesimal, just about 500,000 votes, and it was only a reaction to the shenanigans of Igbos during GEJs reign, you people carried on as if you were the only ones that elected him in 2011, you alienated him from the rest of Nigeria, and the gentleman, so far the best and most educated president Nigeria has ever produced, lost the election on the wings of Igbo tribalism and ethnic monkeyshinery. Unbridled Igbo greed cum perpetual political naivete and immaturity were the main reasons GEJ lost that election, your people destroyed the bridges around that gentleman and built solid concrete walls.

Please face the fact and stop being sentimental, Soyinka is first and foremost a Yoruba man before he is a citizen of the world.

As a parting shot to you, name one Igbo, just one single Igbo politician that has shown an iota of matured political opposition/principles against this government, name just one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Propaganda Video Of Buhari Supposedly Asking Supporters To Kill / Umahi Praises Buhari Who Has Ebonyi Housemaid & Cook. Nigerians React / Governors Wike & Ortom Reconcile, Hug Each Other As They Meet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.