Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen (29858 Views)

Evance Ivwurie Leads Security Agents To The Bush In Search Of ‘Killer’ Herdsmen / Impunity Rides Again Through Killer Herdsmen By Wole Soyinka / "I Will Renounce My Nigerian Nationality If.... - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by AfroBlue(m): 10:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
deep thinking rational minds have to think about the topic.

how do herdsmen have time to tend to their herd and comment all this new atrocities?

it doesn't add up at all.

i agree with the premise that these are outside paid mercenaries again causing tribal division in 9ja land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Some of our law makers are jst dumb.

Must they politicise every problem in this country?, how are fulani herdsmen not Nigerians?.
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by swagaholic: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Smh, even if they are from Congo we don't care, just stop them!!! Is that 2 much 2 ask 4??

3 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
HiddenShadow:

if your state don't have the cash, Enugu state has

And for now....only Lagos and Anambra can fund themselves.

Plus state police is not some guys with baton.This means buying surveillance equipment like helicopters and (weaponless) drones, proper arms (not AK's....), as well as proper training facilities.

Plus....how do you deploy policemen? To their Local governments? or not?

And funding is still a big issue. We may be talking trillions of naira.

State police is not just like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by nbright: 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
MUMU apc and the abusive use of soft targets

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Gayigaskia(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
So really can we conveniently say that these Fulanis are warriors past those flat head chest beaters grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by chuose: 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Karm16:

Another Yoruba man with sense. Only our people know how to talk.
Others are telling their people to cry and fast on national TV.

Oga no be ur people the Fulani ur people dey Kidnapp so?

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by coaco(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
These guys called senators are there 4 their own personal gud.
Na 2day Fulani begin dey kill?
Nigeria is seriously harbouring another terrorist group and our Northern btethrens are aware of it.
Our so called rulers parading as leaders are playing politics with.
Our security agencies knew all their existence and operations.
Nigeria politicians are evil minded fools dat don't value human life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by banme1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Can't this country be divided?

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Miraxzeebility(m): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
We knw dia nationality. Dey are Nigerians.. Abi agweh na from germany? Me sef wan knw
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Karm16: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
chuose:

Oga no be ur people the Fulani ur people dey Kidnapp so?

I'm not from Enugu state bro.

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by HiddenShadow: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

And for now....only Lagos and Anambra can fund themselves.

Plus state police is not some guys with baton.This means buying surveillance equipment like helicopters and (weaponless) drones, proper arms (not AK's....), as well as proper training facilities.

Plus....how do you deploy policemen? To their Local governments? or not?

And funding is still a big issue. We may be talking trillions of naira.

State police is not just like that.

How much does a pump action cost ?

How much does a rifle cost.?

How much does an helicopter cost?

Until you answer these questions, pls don't mention trillions

2 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by philanthropist1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
oga @ the top knows what he is doing..... senators knows his plans now and they are now ready to fight against it..... trying to islamize Nigeria. Even when Fayose said it, most Nairalanders abused him

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Gayigaskia(m): 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
So a 100 Fulanis are enough to neutralize biafra army!
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
HiddenShadow:

How much does a pump action cost ?

How much does a rifle cost.?

How much does an helicopter cost?

Until you answer these questions, pls don't mention trillions

A good helicopter would cost at least $250000 (And we won't need just one by the by).

A rifle costs between $500-$1000...depending on the make or type.

We also need uniform costs, a good forensic laboratory, and training facilities.

Add all that together,,,,...and we could be talking high money( And we have not even come to staff salaries).

I don't think state police is a bad idea......but we have to be realistic too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by walemoney007(m): 10:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

If you can fund it....and if you can deal with the tribalism in multi-tribal states.

And dealing with this herdsmen problem...is going to require state of the art tech and equipment.Which means billions of naira.Which most states do not have.

For now...the Nigeria Police and the Army would have to sort things out.
we need state police in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Akalia(m): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Most of this senators have all horns(money, authority and class) and no brains. I thought they should be brainstorming strategy to confirm the identity of this marauders committing this heinous crimes across the country.
If I may suggest, our intelligence outfits should go gather sufficient Intel. On who this killers truly are and no more speculating blindly. By the way this country has a very poor intelligence gathering practice.
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by roskojo: 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Reject state police squarely, imagine a government in power during election period. The police will be a weapon against the opposition's. Deal with the heardsmen squarely. State police is not the option.
HiddenShadow:
We want state police.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Klington: 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
I thank God 4 some of d senators who still have commonsense cos our police were quick 2 conclude dat dey were not herdsmen which will den give dem d impetus 2 arrest innocent people.. our police force n other security agencies aid n abate d herdsmen atrocities.. d issue of state policing has to b taken seriously

2 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ezenwammadu:

Nigerian Senators on Thursday argued about the nationality of menacing herdsmen allegedly killing in many states, with many lawmakers dismissing claims that they are from neighbouring countries and are not Nigerians.
The senators were considering a motion on the recent attack on a community in Enugu where dozens were killed.
The Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate, Olusola Adeyeye, has called for a restructuring of the country’s federalism to allow decentralised police system as a way of tackling the ongoing herdsmen violence.
Mr. Adeyeye, an All Progressives Congress Senator from Osun State, said local and state governments should have police force independent of the federally controlled force “issuing orders from Abuja”.
This was part of the Senator’s contribution to debate that followed a motion by Chukwuka Utazi (PDP-Enugu North) on recent killings by suspected herdsmen.
Parts of Mr. Utazi’s constituency was attacked on Monday allegedly by Fulani herdsmen, resulting in deaths of citizens and destruction of properties.
Mr. Adedeye said local governments need to become “actual government in its own rights and not appendages of state government to do its local work”.
Also speaking, Isa Misau (APC-Bauchi State) said the rampaging herdsmen were not Fulani as they came from neighbouring countries “to attack soft targets”.
Foramfera
But the Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, said he could not believe the herdsmen were from Mali, adding that the Nigerian Government has a responsibility to ensure security and welfare of citizens.
He said the country had to take “serious and major” steps towards solving these “senseless killings”.
Adding to the debate, Ben Bruce, from Bayelsa State, expressed fear that there could be reprisals, warning against a time when things could go “awry and out of control”.
As a panacea to the herdsmen-famers clash, Emmanuel Paulker, from Delta State, encouraged the creation of ranches.
“Those who own cattle should have their own ranches,” Mr. Paulker said.
The Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, representing Akwa Ibom, disputed the claim the rampaging herdsmen are from neighbouring countries, such as Mali and Niger.
Dismissing the claim as “political statement,” [size=20pt]Mr. Akpabio said “95 per cent of them are Nigerians”.
Harping on Mr. Adeyeye’s point, he called for empowerment local vigilante groups.[/size]
In its resolutions, the Senate condoled with Enugu State and observed one-minute silence in honour of citizens killed.
The Senate resolved to send a delegation to be led by Mr. Ndume to console with the people and make on-the-spot assessment.
It also asked the Police to take urgent step to bring the culprits to book.
Additionally, it said its relevant Committees would meet to find lasting solutions to the crisis
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/202608-senators-disagree-nationality-killer-herdsmen.html?utm_

GBAM!!!!! that's all we need, no time for too much talk

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Vveni(m): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
There's someone in power right now that if I come face to face with him we will both rot in hell together.... I'm that pained!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by godox2(m): 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
oduastates:
Nonsense.
What difference does their nationality make.
People are being murdered and rendered destitute.
They are a mix of Nigerians and their cousins from other western countries

Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Zamfara, Nasarawa, Taraba and Benue suffered enough in the hands of same so called Fulanis during PDP, you think it was ok, now it started affecting you, you said people are being murdered and rendered destitute, na TODAY? Where were you when it was
happening to us under the nose of almighty Idoma chief DAVID MARK no 3 citizen for 8 years and the No 1 & 2 were proudly 5%, any way, a new sheriff is in town, very soon they will become history like BH. I trust Baba 100%, though proudly 95%.

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

If you can fund it....and if you can deal with the tribalism in multi-tribal states.

And dealing with this herdsmen problem...is going to require state of the art tech and equipment.Which means billions of naira.Which most states do not have.

For now...the Nigeria Police and the Army would have to sort things out.

Watsup with u this awusha guy,are u really this evik,senators are asking for state police u are talking bullshit,are dy asking the money to equip them from ur father or whatnu keep claiming nt to be apc zombie nd hausa still u won't hide ur bigotry,u hausa people are really evil,mind u am a yoruba but I regret sharing country with u people

5 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by macaranta(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
Herdsmen with no cows but ak47s...smh
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by divineappo(m): 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Buhari4dullard:
WAIT OH!

So these Northerners say that those doing the killings are foreigners.

IF they are foreigners, why are they wasting time in dealing with them?

My people this is a well planned Jihad

Buhari has long decided to Islamatize Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QIu_HnKuTw
pls wats buhari saying in dis video? cant watch, i av few data left, sum1 shuld pls tell me pls
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by godox2(m): 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
Vveni:
There's someone in power right now that if I come face to face with him we will both rot in hell together.... I'm that pained!!

Because of his good heart, I am sorry to let you know that he is NOT hell fire candidate. He will continue to SOAR like an EAGLE.
Remember what the book of instruction, guidance and teaching said. If you are angry don't let any evil ........., it also said PRAY for your
leaders. Within first 6 months of this admin I can sleep well on my bed at home. I can go to the Church, market and school without fear. Let me tell you PEACE is priceless.
Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Brugo(m): 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
They are Fulani herdsmen. No need to lie. Senators na wa.

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by ALABIFAITHFUL77(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Our Representatives ranging from the the legislative, Executive and Judiciary need to under proper mental evaluations before they are elected or appointed....... I can't imagine how a law maker will think animals affairs are more important than the lives of human being..... Some foolish and mentally deranged law makers are saying the herdsmen are foreigners why the are their brothers

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hausa senators keep supporting this Fulani's,even yoruba apc senators are against it,this is pure jihad we need tp be prepared

1 Like

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by GWMI(m): 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
so malians are killing our own people and Buhari claim Nnmadi Kanu is against Nigeria's soveriengty?Now i ask were this Mali citizens registered voters in Nigeria?Did they vote Apc into power?I think it is time to give up on APC by any sensible Nigerian a party who choose to sell its citizens to some outsiders is not worth calling a party.Buhari, APC leaders and supporters are the greatest threat to Nigeria's survival.Shame on Apc supporters.Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by olisaEze(m): 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

No Regards For Human Lives Anymore Since APC & Buhari Came Into Power.

No need because things are already outta control & Buhari is looking the other way. Buhari has proven his critics right that he is a religious fanatic, tribalistic bigot & a tyrant.

God Bless Godswill Akpabio, somebody please tell him that “5 Per Cent” are solidly behind him..

LAST BULLET: Buhari & his kins men are propelling & gearing the disintegration of Nigeria. As i've heard someone say, “Buhari Came To Divide Nigeria Not To Rule Her”.

1000 likes for you bros!

2 Likes

Re: Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
Akalia:
Most of this senators have all horns(money, authority and class) and no brains. I thought they should be brainstorming strategy to confirm the identity of this marauders committing this heinous crimes across the country.
If I may suggest, our intelligence outfits should go gather sufficient Intel. On who this killers truly are and no more speculating blindly. By the way this country has a very poor intelligence gathering practice.

They are sooooo dumb i swear. They are all discussing as if they are in their parlour and not in the nigerian senate.

They have no facts theyre dealing with, they didnt call any security outfit for questioning, theyre just doing beer parlour discussion. Upon all that, only one person out of them suggested a solution, the rest are just blabbing irrelevancies, passing unsubstantiated blame, doing guesswork, gloating and abusing themselves. Useless talkerthieves - like most of their constituents. Totally Pointless!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Goodluck Jonathan's 65th Birthday Celebration / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Kano (More Pictures & Video) / Hoodlums Attack Atiku’s Wife In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.