Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (53764 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by smogup: 6:33am On May 12, 2016
xtervaganza:
if the ball is just a tool. Then who pushed the ball?
. The first mover. He is responsible for all the other movement. He himself is not bounded by any movement. That first mover is God
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by selfemployed(m): 6:39am On May 12, 2016
neocortex:

Do you think that "someone" must himself be in a state of orderliness ?

Someone must not be in a state of orderliness, but for order to exist, there must be laws. and someone must make and enforce those laws.
We have the National assembly who make laws for Nigeria and the police who enforce them. The laws we have in Nigeria didn't just come to be from nowhere.

There are many laws governing the universe and our biological systems. Did they just happen from nowhere? Haba!

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by neocortex: 6:50am On May 12, 2016
selfemployed:

Someone must not be in a state of orderliness, but for order to exist, there must be laws. and someone must make and enforce those laws.
We have the National assembly who make laws for Nigeria and the police who enforce them. The laws we have in Nigeria didn't just come to be from nowhere.

There are many laws governing the universe and our biological systems. Did they just happen from nowhere? Haba!

Can a disordered "someone" make and enforce law ?
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omojeesu(m): 6:57am On May 12, 2016
odijeks:
Ever heard atheists argue that there just is not enough evidence to prove the existence of God? Some go as far as saying "God is omnipresent and is everywhere, then show me God in order to believe he exists". Well, the bible says God is a Spirit so I can't literally show you God (I haven't seen him either) but that doesn't prove that he doesn't exist. Simply because I can't show you air doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in the room you occupy right now. However, I can show you the influence of this 'invisible' air when it knocks down a 'visible' object or flips open the pages of a book. here is an attempt to candidly show that God has made himself evident for man to perceive.

1. God reveals Himself through nature
If you are a nature-lover or have ever taken the time to appreciate the beauty of the natural world around you, you can see the handiwork that points to an incredibly intelligent creator and designer. Look at the beauty of the sunset, the awe you experience watching the earth's polar lights in the sky (aurora), the glory of the night sky with all the stars, the dawning of the day with the blades of grass glistening like diamonds as the sunlight bounces off tiny water droplets of dew, you would ask yourself questions like "would mindless and impersonal physical forces or a chain of chance-like events need or care to make something this beautiful that man can appreciate?" One would have to be willfully ignorant to attribute all the intricacies found in nature to random chaotic events. A close look at nature reveals an intricate level of design that points undeniably to an intelligent Designer (Psalms 19:1-4). Nevertheless, some still live in denial.

2. Our Planet Earth.
The perfection of the Earth in relation to it's support of the billions of life in it never seizes to amaze. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life. This is attributed to it's perfect size and corresponding gravitational pull which causes it to be able to hold the right amount of oxygen and nitrogen adequate for life. If the earth were larger, it would contain an unreasonable amount of free hydrogen in its atmosphere. If it were smaller, it may not have an atmosphere large enough to protect the planet from solar and cosmic radiations from space. Still think this is co-incidence ? Let's look at the Earth's position in space as well.

NASA places the diameter of our solar system at a humongous 288,000,000,000 km. Dispersed within this wide space are 8 planets (including Earth). The distance from Earth to the sun is at about 150,000,000 km which is the perfect distance for Earth to be inhabitable. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. With 8 planets dispersed within such a wide range of our solar system's diameter, you can calculate for yourself the probability of luckily finding a planet at that exact distance from the sun (that is not too far and not too close), then you decide for yourself if we were just ridiculously lucky or it was placed there by intent. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

3. Complexity of living organisms
From all I learned in biology classes, it would require an unreasonable level of faith to believe that highly complex biochemical reactions like oxidation phosphorylation, photosynthesis, enzymatic breakdown of ingested food, our amazing immune system, transmission of nervous impulses through the body, e.t.c, resulted out of mere chance. Even if I came into the world yesterday, I can't look at the twin towers and attribute them to forces of nature, thinking to myself "the wind, after several years, must have pushed all these blocks into place". These are amazingly complex and inter-linked reactions going on in us daily of which I'm sure that the best of scientists can't think up or create such a system so complex and independent. Still, scientists wouldn't admit the intelligence behind these processes. Let's look at blood clot formation for example. The reason why animal's don't bleed out till death after they get a cut is simply because of this complexly designed process. A cascade of events involving 12 different factors ensues when a blood vessel is broken. This linked events all lead to the formation of a clot at the site of bleeding in order to occlude the opening in the vessel. If just 1 of these 12 factors were missing, blood clot formation would be impossible and it would be a normal phenomenon for one to bleed to death after having an accident as minor as a paper cut. Yet all 12 factors (not 7,8 or 11) are currently present in the blood to initiate this reaction when needed. What's even more amazing is that these factors are present in your blood as you read this, yet they don't start forming the clots within the blood vessels because that would potentially kill you. They only initiate this process when you have a cut. That's just amazing if you ask me. This is just an example out of thousands of intelligent systems in nature. Do you really think such systems were built by chance or a highly intelligent being?

4. Theist Scientists
Most atheists often have this wrong ideology of "God VS Science". This is totally absurd because God himself is a scientist (the best at that) as we've seen in the above mentioned points. God made all scientific and universal laws and was in fact scientific in all his creation. God was actually leaving clues of his existence by showing his brilliance and intelligence in the works of nature and his intent was for man to search them out and acknowledge him (Proverbs 25:2). Many of the smartest human geniuses that have worked the earth were theist. These were really smart people who had knowledge of scientific laws and based most of their works on facts and scientific evidences. Yet, they didn't think it foolish to believe in a superior intelligent being. Why? Because they couldn't help but recognize God's signatures dispersed in the details along the quest of their research works. Some of these theist scientists include: Gregor Mendel, Galileo Galilei, Louis Pasteur, Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal and even famous Albert Einstein to name a few. The more we go deeper in scientific discoveries, the more of God we see. It's however unfortunate and sad that most current scientists have refused to acknowledge this glaring truth (2 Corinthians 4:4).

5. God exists because he impresses this fact in the heart of men
The bible says the truth of God has been made known to man instinctively, for God put this knowledge in their hearts. Yet, some push the truth away from themselves (Romans 1:18,19). This shows that God made it unavoidable for man to see or feel his existence. God did not leave us to wander alone, aimlessly hoping that somehow we would stumble across the truth, which He intends for us to recognize. God wants us to find Him; therefore, He reaches out to us. Sometimes you wonder why the atheist goes through so much trouble just to discredit the bible or refute the idea that a God he doesn't even believe in exists. The atheist probably doesn't yet realize that the reason the topic of God weighs so heavily on his mind is simply because God is impressing it. God wants to be known. He made man unique from other creatures with the intent that we would seek and know him. He not only surrounded us with evidence of himself but He keeps the question of his existence squarely before us. God is presently nudging the hearts of people so that they might realize their sinful condition, the inevitable coming judgment, and their need of a Savior (John 16:8-11). The underlying reason atheists are bothered by people believing in God is because God is actively seeking them.

I know many atheist would go through this post in order to refute the ideas highlighted, but I'm not here to disprove atheism. I'm just here to cause the reader to really think for himself in an unbiased and neutral manner on these things. Regardless of what you may have heard, the truth the bible teaches is that God intensely loves you unconditionally. He is not going to love you more if you convert to a believer. He already loves you intensely, that's why he was willing to come in form of man and personally receive the punishment on the cross for the sins you've committed in the past or would ever commit in the future (John 3:16; Romans 5:3-8 ). The misconception that God punishes people in hell because they sin or refuse to love him is not the truth of the bible. Rather, the bible teaches that though we are guilty of many sins, God justifies us anyways and gives us eternal life if we accept and receive it through faith in Christ's sacrifice (Romans 5:16). The reason why anyone would go to hell fire is not because of this person's numerous sins. No!, it has been established that everyone (including the Christian) is born a sinner and commits sin. Yet, People are only judged guilty because they refused to receive the justification and eternal life freely given to them by Christ. It would really be shameful and agonizingly regretful to see yourself in hell not because you were morally the worst person on earth, but because you were too prideful to receive the gift of life that was already given to you freely by Christ. Choose life today if you haven't. God loves you.

O se o jare!
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 6:59am On May 12, 2016
smogup:
For a motion to take place, there must always be a first mover that starts the movement before other things moves with it. God is the first mover that sets everything in motion.
You say so does not make it true.No doubt that you believe what you have written but it is illogical, how can a first mover move without another earlier mover and so on?

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by EternalBeing: 7:02am On May 12, 2016
I've seen demons before. I also know that witches and wizards exist; therefore satan exist. Definitely, if the destructive satan exist, a higher Power known as GOD Almighty that would finally put him to check must exist and HE does protect his own people. -+. If you are a witch or wizard being controlled by a demon to be deceiving people here, you are lucky because you know you are a deceiver and hell awaits you. Those I really pity are those senseless people that swallow your lies hook, line and sinker; for they could be killed any time by you blood suckers.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by lomprico(m): 7:05am On May 12, 2016
xtervaganza:
And to the OP, stop deluding yourself about the Bible.

The Bible as a book is filled with lies and immorality and I don't understand how a sane human being will believe anything that comes from that book

See, the concept of creation is another thing entirely. Let's talk about the biblical god. The biblical god is a myth and he does not exist. The biblical concept of creation is a myth and dies not exist.

As a matter of fact, the concept of creation according to the Bible is bullshit and makes no sense.

So to answer your question; the biblical god does not exist, he's a phony, a con because everything about him is a lie.

And if you want to brand me an atheist for not believing in your god, then breaking news! Your god that you serve is an atheist too.

Since you believe something can't exist without something cresting it then how did your god come into existence? If your god does not believe he has a god then your god is a bloody atheist too
You just proved further that God exists. By referring God as 'him' in ur post that means u know he exists and u said he is also an atheist, hmm now do u as an atheist exit? If yes, God also exist. We both know u exist cos u typed this. wink cheers!
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by 30secs(m): 7:09am On May 12, 2016
OP You've made zero sense. "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists" and then you go on to list 5 reasons why He does not exist. Now I'm not saying God exists or that he does not, I'm just pointing out how useless your post is!

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by smogup: 7:10am On May 12, 2016
omonnakoda:
You say so does not make it true.No doubt that you believe what you have written but it is illogical, how can a first mover move without another earlier mover and so on?
can anything come before first. If something is the first, we can only have something that comes after it and not before it. It not about what I believe, but what is rational and logical. If I am on a queue and I push the person in front of me, in order for him to gain balance he pushed the person in his front and on and on. Who pushed me when I am the last person on the queue.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by CAPSLOCKED: 7:12am On May 12, 2016
THERE'S NO SINGLE PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS. ..

AND YOU'RE LISTING 5 OUT OF YOUR RELIGION BASED IMAGINATIONS!
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 7:24am On May 12, 2016
smogup:
can anything come before first. If something is the first, we can only have something that comes after it and not before it. It not about what I believe, but what is rational and logical. If I am on a queue and I push the person in front of me, in order for him to gain balance he pushed the person in his front and on and on. Who pushed me when I am the last person on the queue.
You say there is a first but that is your assumption without evidence .On the number scale there is 0 and an infinite number on the negative scale.You display a lack of understanding of basic numeracy.Your fallacious assumption is that number scale must be linear. I say it could be circular or even multidimensional.But I am not here to teach mathematics

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by OneManLegion(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2016
WeedyGonzalez:
but the bible was written by a white man too

Nice signature, bruh.

#TeamStoners
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by selfemployed(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2016
neocortex:

Can a disordered "someone" make and enforce law ?

No. so?
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by WeedyGonzalez(m): 7:40am On May 12, 2016
OneManLegion:

Nice signature, bruh.

#TeamStoners
hehehe thanks Bruv
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 7:49am On May 12, 2016
yawns
u still dey argue dis topic abeg go work

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by OgundeleT(m): 7:52am On May 12, 2016
smogup:
There must always be a starting point of anything. Something that puts every other things in motion that is itself not caused by motion. That something is God. By the way, if God does not exist according to you how did you know there is something called God
that is where you kill your argument, if u claim something must come out of something then your your god must also come out of something. but, if you say your god can be without creator then earth can also exist without anybody creating it. BTW, which god created the earth because different human being claimed different god exist with different character. so which one is ur own?

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by mavister(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2016
OgundeleT:

that is where you kill your argument, if u claim something must come out of something then your your god must also come out of something. but, if you say your god can be without creator then earth can also exist without anybody creating it. BTW, which god created the earth because different human being claimed different god exist with different character. so which one is ur own?

Good morning all

I wouldn't be using the bible. Let's observe this on account of nature.

Funny how many will grasp at straws and see reason in illogical thought processes.

The universe created itself…really? How? That would imply the universe is self aware and I don’t buy that. Lets think about that a moment. With all that man has made, has man truly created anything? No. Everything ever made by man has come from something. The materials to “make” anything and everything were here on this earth, someone just figured out how to use those materials. In other words, we are to believe that the universe was and is a sentient being of some sort able to create itself at some point? I think not. Nothing can be made without thought involved, therefore it stands to reason that the universe did not create itself…someone created it…God. The universe is so complex science does not even begin to understand it all, no chance it happened randomly or by itself.

The “Big Bang theory…fine if people believe that.
How in the world can anyone believe that most all people have the same basic morals by chance? That just isn’t logical. An entire species believes in the same basic values by chance? Not hardly. Billions of people, many, many different cultures, many different beliefs, different religions, a whole host of different locales…all believe in some basic morals and this just happened? Impossible.

How about birds? Some fly thousands of miles when they migrate…how do they know where to go? How did that knowledge get there? Some birds have been born in a certain locale and removed from there right away…and they still knew where to fly to get “home”…how is this possible? God.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by cloudgoddess(f): 8:04am On May 12, 2016
ClintonDal:
When I truly appreciated the wonders and magnificence of God was back in med school. During the anatomy practicals on cadavers and embryology classes, I was wowed. The way everything was structured and followed a definite plan and layout was simply amazing. Even the blood supply, drainage and everything. We humans just named the work of God as science, and that is where the problem is.... we confuse the both not knowing they are one and the same. The beautiful work of God on earth which we can see, read, comprehend and even improve upon is today known as Science. It was reputed to be Magic in the early ages but it is written in bible that greater works shall ye do.
undecided

During your biology courses did you not notice the many flaws & potential malfunctionings in the human body? The way a single mutation can lead to abnormal enough functioning to cause serious illness (like sickle cell, neurodegenerative diseases, developmental disorders, extra limbs)? The way certain body structures are placed in very infection-prone locations (like the vagina's proximity to the anus)? The fact that over 40% of attempts at reproduction result in spontaneous abortion due to DNA copying errors & the like?

Human bodies, like those of all organisms, are incredible, awe-inspiring, complex, but far from perfect. They're exactly what one would expect from a process of gradual, adaptive biological change, incapable of foresight and prone to error -- not the perfect and finite sculpting project of an omniscient creator.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by ThomasMills: 8:10am On May 12, 2016
I was reading about an online gold trading enterprise once (https://www.linkedin.com/company/global-intergold) and have found a couple of curious facts, which made me think about my own incomes. Of course I didn't rush to give my money to some unknown company. But what I did is I found people who do the business, who have been working a long time and who showed me that it works. They told me that now they travel a lot – it has always been my dream – so, let's see how it all will turn out. wink wink
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by masqot(m): 8:20am On May 12, 2016
Atheists know there's God but they just adamantly refuse to admit His existence. They can't exist without arguing about God. In short, they are "non-existents” without God.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by smogup: 8:27am On May 12, 2016
omonnakoda:
You say there is a first but that is your assumption without evidence .On the number scale there is 0 and an infinite number on the negative scale.You display a lack of understanding of basic numeracy.Your fallacious assumption is that number scale must be linear. I say it could be circular or even multidimensional.But I am not here to teach mathematics
true 0 comes before 1. What is zero. If I say there are 0 oranges on the table, am simply saying there are no oranges there. Zero means nothing even in maths.

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by xtervaganza(m): 8:28am On May 12, 2016
smogup:
. The first mover. He is responsible for all the other movement. He himself is not bounded by any movement. That first mover is God
bravo.......bra fxcking vo

What a nice piece of junk you put up there.

Something has to set another in motion but nothing set your god in motion grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is so funny I'm almost crying

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by xtervaganza(m): 8:29am On May 12, 2016
lomprico:

You just proved further that God exists. By referring God as 'him' in ur post that means u know he exists and u said he is also an atheist, hmm now do u as an atheist exit? If yes, God also exist. We both know u exist cos u typed this. wink cheers!
so he exist because I dropped a comment grin grin

I feel dumber after reading this.

You must be a genius

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by OgundeleT(m): 8:32am On May 12, 2016
mavister:

Good morning all

I wouldn't be using the bible. Let's observe this on account of nature.

Funny how many will grasp at straws and see reason in illogical thought processes.

The universe created itself…really? How? That would imply the universe is self aware and I don’t buy that. .
you don't buy that doesn't make you right or wrong you only choose that because you are yet to be convinced
mavister:

Lets think about that a moment. With all that man has made, has man truly created anything? No. Everything ever made by man has come from something. The materials to “make” anything and everything were here on this earth, someone just figured out how to use those materials. In other words, we are to believe that the universe was and is a sentient being of some sort able to create itself at some point? I think not. .
am happy u said u think not, that is just your opinion and that doesn't mean god did it
mavister:

Nothing can be made without thought involved, .
that mean god must be made too
mavister:

that is why we said god also cant just exist
therefore it stands to reason that the universe did not create itself…someone created it…God.

i dont get u right here
mavister:

The universe is so complex science does not even begin to understand it all, no chance it happened randomly or by itself.

The “Big Bang theory…fine if people believe that…God did it. .
u don't just lay a claim without prove, if ur god is behind big bang as u claim then prove it and stop the assumptiion
mavister:

You mentioned conscience…how in the world can anyone believe that most all people have the same basic morals by chance? That just isn’t logical.
which all people have the same moral? .
if i get u right u mean human have the same moral code?
bro morality is not the same everywhere and that is why we have different god in different society
mavister:

an entire species believes in the same basic values by chance? Not hardly. Billions of people, many, many different cultures, many different beliefs, different religions, a whole host of different locales…all believe in some basic morals and this just happened? Impossible.

How about birds? Some fly thousands of miles when they migrate…how do they know where to go? How did that knowledge get there? Some birds have been born in a certain locale and removed from there right away…and they still knew where to fly to get “home”…how is this possible? God.
u are just feeling a gap with god did it and bro that is not the answer

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by odijeks(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2016
cloudgoddess:

undecided

During your biology courses did you not notice the many flaws & potential malfunctionings in the human body? The way a single mutation can lead to abnormal enough functioning to cause serious illness (like sickle cell, neurodegenerative diseases, developmental disorders, extra limbs)? The way certain body structures are placed in very infection-prone locations (like the vagina's proximity to the anus)? The fact that over 40% of attempts at reproduction result in spontaneous abortion due to DNA copying errors & the like?

Human bodies, like those of all organisms, are incredible, awe-inspiring, complex, but far from perfect. They're exactly what one would expect from a process of gradual, adaptive biological change, incapable of foresight and prone to error -- not the perfect and finite sculpting project of an omniscient creator.
No one is claiming perfection. we are rather claiming intelligence. Is an airplane perfect? NO.! does it depict intelligence? Hell Yes!!
To claim that the universe, without intelligence, supervision or aim would just go ahead to start creating complex processes, defying every barrier to create living organisms and ensure their survival, is just totally absurd. Imagine taking a look at emptiness in the universe from space and think about all it takes to create not just a habitable existence but living organisms. why would the universe bother about or go through all that trouble to create such? what is its aim? It doesn't have any since its mindless. really think about it.
ask yourself if there are any complex systems building themselves over time around you, without any cause. Just matter complexly forming on its own spontaneously. If any thing, organic matter degrades over time. But some scientists told you that billions of years before you were born, organic matter would usually increase in complexity overtime on its own, and you simply bought the idea.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by MORGANNA(m): 8:52am On May 12, 2016
odijeks:
Ever heard atheists argue that there just is not enough evidence to prove the existence of God? Some go as far as saying "God is omnipresent and is everywhere, then show me God in order to believe he exists". Well, the bible says God is a Spirit so I can't literally show you God (I haven't seen him either) but that doesn't prove that he doesn't exist. Simply because I can't show you air doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in the room you occupy right now. However, I can show you the influence of this 'invisible' air when it knocks down a 'visible' object or flips open the pages of a book. here is an attempt to candidly show that God has made himself evident for man to perceive.

1. God reveals Himself through nature
If you are a nature-lover or have ever taken the time to appreciate the beauty of the natural world around you, you can see the handiwork that points to an incredibly intelligent creator and designer. Look at the beauty of the sunset, the awe you experience watching the earth's polar lights in the sky (aurora), the glory of the night sky with all the stars, the dawning of the day with the blades of grass glistening like diamonds as the sunlight bounces off tiny water droplets of dew, you would ask yourself questions like "would mindless and impersonal physical forces or a chain of chance-like events need or care to make something this beautiful that man can appreciate?" One would have to be willfully ignorant to attribute all the intricacies found in nature to random chaotic events. A close look at nature reveals an intricate level of design that points undeniably to an intelligent Designer (Psalms 19:1-4). Nevertheless, some still live in denial.

2. Our Planet Earth.
The perfection of the Earth in relation to it's support of the billions of life in it never seizes to amaze. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life. This is attributed to it's perfect size and corresponding gravitational pull which causes it to be able to hold the right amount of oxygen and nitrogen adequate for life. If the earth were larger, it would contain an unreasonable amount of free hydrogen in its atmosphere. If it were smaller, it may not have an atmosphere large enough to protect the planet from solar and cosmic radiations from space. Still think this is co-incidence ? Let's look at the Earth's position in space as well.

NASA places the diameter of our solar system at a humongous 288,000,000,000 km. Dispersed within this wide space are 8 planets (including Earth). The distance from Earth to the sun is at about 150,000,000 km which is the perfect distance for Earth to be inhabitable. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. With 8 planets dispersed within such a wide range of our solar system's diameter, you can calculate for yourself the probability of luckily finding a planet at that exact distance from the sun (that is not too far and not too close), then you decide for yourself if we were just ridiculously lucky or it was placed there by intent. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

3. Complexity of living organisms
From all I learned in biology classes, it would require an unreasonable level of faith to believe that highly complex biochemical reactions like oxidation phosphorylation, photosynthesis, enzymatic breakdown of ingested food, our amazing immune system, transmission of nervous impulses through the body, e.t.c, resulted out of mere chance. Even if I came into the world yesterday, I can't look at the twin towers and attribute them to forces of nature, thinking to myself "the wind, after several years, must have pushed all these blocks into place". These are amazingly complex and inter-linked reactions going on in us daily of which I'm sure that the best of scientists can't think up or create such a system so complex and independent. Still, scientists wouldn't admit the intelligence behind these processes. Let's look at blood clot formation for example. The reason why animal's don't bleed out till death after they get a cut is simply because of this complexly designed process. A cascade of events involving 12 different factors ensues when a blood vessel is broken. This linked events all lead to the formation of a clot at the site of bleeding in order to occlude the opening in the vessel. If just 1 of these 12 factors were missing, blood clot formation would be impossible and it would be a normal phenomenon for one to bleed to death after having an accident as minor as a paper cut. Yet all 12 factors (not 7,8 or 11) are currently present in the blood to initiate this reaction when needed. What's even more amazing is that these factors are present in your blood as you read this, yet they don't start forming the clots within the blood vessels because that would potentially kill you. They only initiate this process when you have a cut. That's just amazing if you ask me. This is just an example out of thousands of intelligent systems in nature. Do you really think such systems were built by chance or a highly intelligent being?

4. Theist Scientists
Most atheists often have this wrong ideology of "God VS Science". This is totally absurd because God himself is a scientist (the best at that) as we've seen in the above mentioned points. God made all scientific and universal laws and was in fact scientific in all his creation. God was actually leaving clues of his existence by showing his brilliance and intelligence in the works of nature and his intent was for man to search them out and acknowledge him (Proverbs 25:2). Many of the smartest human geniuses that have worked the earth were theist. These were really smart people who had knowledge of scientific laws and based most of their works on facts and scientific evidences. Yet, they didn't think it foolish to believe in a superior intelligent being. Why? Because they couldn't help but recognize God's signatures dispersed in the details along the quest of their research works. Some of these theist scientists include: Gregor Mendel, Galileo Galilei, Louis Pasteur, Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal and even famous Albert Einstein to name a few. The more we go deeper in scientific discoveries, the more of God we see. It's however unfortunate and sad that most current scientists have refused to acknowledge this glaring truth (2 Corinthians 4:4).

5. God exists because he impresses this fact in the heart of men
The bible says the truth of God has been made known to man instinctively, for God put this knowledge in their hearts. Yet, some push the truth away from themselves (Romans 1:18,19). This shows that God made it unavoidable for man to see or feel his existence. God did not leave us to wander alone, aimlessly hoping that somehow we would stumble across the truth, which He intends for us to recognize. God wants us to find Him; therefore, He reaches out to us. Sometimes you wonder why the atheist goes through so much trouble just to discredit the bible or refute the idea that a God he doesn't even believe in exists. The atheist probably doesn't yet realize that the reason the topic of God weighs so heavily on his mind is simply because God is impressing it. God wants to be known. He made man unique from other creatures with the intent that we would seek and know him. He not only surrounded us with evidence of himself but He keeps the question of his existence squarely before us. God is presently nudging the hearts of people so that they might realize their sinful condition, the inevitable coming judgment, and their need of a Savior (John 16:8-11). The underlying reason atheists are bothered by people believing in God is because God is actively seeking them.

I know many atheist would go through this post in order to refute the ideas highlighted, but I'm not here to disprove atheism. I'm just here to cause the reader to really think for himself in an unbiased and neutral manner on these things. Regardless of what you may have heard, the truth the bible teaches is that God intensely loves you unconditionally. He is not going to love you more if you convert to a believer. He already loves you intensely, that's why he was willing to come in form of man and personally receive the punishment on the cross for the sins you've committed in the past or would ever commit in the future (John 3:16; Romans 5:3-8 ). The misconception that God punishes people in hell because they sin or refuse to love him is not the truth of the bible. Rather, the bible teaches that though we are guilty of many sins, God justifies us anyways and gives us eternal life if we accept and receive it through faith in Christ's sacrifice (Romans 5:16). The reason why anyone would go to hell fire is not because of this person's numerous sins. No!, it has been established that everyone (including the Christian) is born a sinner and commits sin. Yet, People are only judged guilty because they refused to receive the justification and eternal life freely given to them by Christ. It would really be shameful and agonizingly regretful to see yourself in hell not because you were morally the worst person on earth, but because you were too prideful to receive the gift of life that was already given to you freely by Christ. Choose life today if you haven't. God loves you.

If they think there is no God, I Will tell Them my story
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 8:55am On May 12, 2016
It's obvious atheism is gradually becoming more like a status symbol. Even folks who know not the meaning claim to be atheists. Most of them only think it's cool and makes them stand out. You'd be shocked some of these atheist-claiming folks go to church on sunday. Some of them cannot dare proclaim it anywhere offline.

Reason i don't take them seriously around here.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by cloudgoddess(f): 8:57am On May 12, 2016
odijeks:

No one is claiming perfection. we are rather claiming intelligence. Is an airplane perfect? NO.! does it depict intelligence? Hell Yes!!
Actually the person I quoted seemed to indeed be presenting the perfection argument.

But to answer you, intelligence still presents a dangerously human perspective. There is no evidence to suggest that anything like intelligence exists outside of biological systems (like brains). And we know that natural objects (as in, not manmade like planes are) can arise as a result of natural chemical and physical processes acting on very simple constituent building blocks (ex. stars consist mostly of basic hydrogen & helium despite being so large). The formation of a multicellular organism like a human body, for example, can all be explained chemically.

You might then argue that those processes are being guided or dictated by some creator or intelligence. But it's more plausible that the processes act independently, given that if an intelligence were behind things, we'd have to be able to explain how such a complex entity arose on its own. Invoking an intelligence creates more questions than it answers.

Furthermore, even if an intelligence is assumed probable, that intelligence still would not prove Yahweh. In fact, such an intelligence as I described above (one that simply guides along, or set in place the laws that guide consistent natural processes) would disprove biblical Yahweh and his particular creation claims.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by OgundeleT(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2016
MORGANNA:

If they think there is no God, I Will tell Them my story
and you think you story will convince a rational thinker?

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by odijeks(m): 9:02am On May 12, 2016
oglalasioux:

Splendid research and write up. God exists but not the God of your bible.

To think your reasons are peculiar to earth alone in a universe of 100 billion galaxies tells me something about you. Do you know hundreds of planets with same conditions as earth have been found by the Hubble space telescope? So you think earthman is alone in the Milky Way galaxy with about 100 billion stars?

Do more research, bro. The universe is bigger than your bible.
I'm not theist because I was born in a Christian family. I'm theist because I'm old enough to think for myself and I've weighed knowledge as regards the source of life and all other complexities around and in me. you've really bought into the false ideas of the scientists. I know there are billions of planets that exist. But simply because a planet is habitable doesn't mean it can produce life spontaneously. Earth is habitable, but has any discovery shown life appearing spontaneously from dust or water? No!! Life can only come from former life. Spontaneous formation of life is the greatest lie that the scientists have told us. They can't prove it happens, you don't see it happening around you, yet you believe it by faith. Atheism requires faith. a ridiculously large amount of faith simply based on a scientist's speculation.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by cloudgoddess(f): 9:05am On May 12, 2016
holamiday:
It's obvious atheism is gradually becoming more like a status symbol. Even folks who know not the meaning claim to be atheists. Most of them only think it's cool and makes them stand out. You'd be shocked some of these atheist-claiming folks go to church on sunday. Some of them cannot dare proclaim it anywhere offline.

Reason i don't take them seriously around here.
Please tell me you are joking lol.

And there are very legitimate reason for an atheist to want to hide their atheism in public. Nigeria is a 99% religious country (maybe lower now). There are people in Nigeria willing to slaughter homosexuals because it's against the bible - imagine what such people would do to someone who rejects the bible entirely? It's not safe, if anything as a Nigerian atheist I'd personally only reserve the disclosure for people I'm very close to.

Not to mention when a religious person learns you are atheist they often take it upon themselves to try and "bring you back", only to torture your ears with the same fallacious arguments for god again and again. It's a pain most of us would rather not willingly subject ourselves to.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Amberon: 9:06am On May 12, 2016
Smh!

Who are your people?? Christians are not your people and neither are Muslims. We are children of the living God and joint heirs with Christ.

You're on a new level of ignorant. There are legit ways of finding these things out but you'd rather bash the "fictional" being all day. Everyday we get closer to our graves and in dew time you'd know the real deal when the demons (you call fictional) come to harvest your soul.
ifenes:

I'm trying o. I am still lecturing the one who thinks Noah's ark actually carried all the animals in the world,including all the trillions of different species of insects. Imagine a frequently drunk 500 years old Noah building a warehouse size ark?

I will not relent until my people are free.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

"Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Lady Dies After Man Reveals To Her On Facebook That He Had A Dream She Will Die / Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.