Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (53705 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by oglalasioux(m): 9:08am On May 12, 2016
odijeks:

I'm not theist because I was born in a Christian family. I'm theist because I'm old enough to think for myself and I've weighed knowledge as regards the source of life and all other complexities around and in me. you've really bought into the false ideas of the scientists. I know there are billions of planets that exist. But simply because a planet is habitable doesn't mean it can produce life spontaneously. Earth is habitable, but has any discovery shown life appearing spontaneously from dust or water? No!! Life can only come from former life. Spontaneous formation of life is the greatest lie that the scientists have told us. They can't prove it happens, you don't see it happening around you, yet you believe it by faith. Atheism requires faith. a ridiculously large amount of faith simply based on a scientist's speculation.

I agree. Please give me a solid evidence that the biblical creation story is authentic. Don't quote the bible please. Use the analogy you used in your post (you'll find it makes nonsense of the bible).

Now if you are saying the creation story is thrash but a God is responsible for the universe then I agree with you 100%.

But if you bring God down to a personality of a being listening to prayers and answering according to individual acceptance of a particular mode of worship then I'll say try again.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by neocortex: 9:11am On May 12, 2016
selfemployed:

No. so?

You just contradicted yourself, this was your earlier response:

selfemployed: Someone must not be in a state of orderliness, but for order to exist, there must be laws. and someone must make and enforce those laws.
We have the National assembly who make laws for Nigeria and the police who enforce them. The laws we have in Nigeria didn't just come to be from nowhere.

There are many laws governing the universe and our biological systems. Did they just happen from nowhere? Haba!

Do you think that "someone" who supposedly created the laws came from nowhere ?
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by odijeks(m): 9:12am On May 12, 2016
cloudgoddess:

And we know that natural objects (as in, not manmade like planes are) can arise as a result of natural chemical and physical processes acting on very simple constituent building blocks (ex. stars consist mostly of basic hydrogen & helium despite being so large). The formation of a multicellular organism like a human body, for example, can all be explained chemically.

You might then argue that those processes are being guided or dictated by some creator or intelligence. But it's more plausible that the processes act independently
Lol. Really think about what you just typed. Chemical reactions that occurred spontaneously without any aim, direction or guidiance produced life. Yet, with aim and intent, supervision and intelligence, we can't replicate what nature did spontaneously billions of years ago. And you say "it can be explained scientifically". You are neglecting the facts and believing what you want to believe

2 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Amberon: 9:22am On May 12, 2016
This is what happens when ignorant people think they're smart. Have you even read the bible? Who told you Christians believe that the we're alone on planet earth??

How many times will I school you atheists on this? Pls desist from bashing what you don't know.

Where do you think demons (aliens and ETs) live? where do you those principalities and powers reside? in Beijing or New York? Lmao!

Pls be enlightened. We Christians know that were not alone. These beings are way higher technologically and otherwise. Jesus Christ is coming and when he has taken his people, you will see these beings in their physical state and they will come in great wrath for the rest of mankind that will be left behind.
oglalasioux:

Splendid research and write up. God exists but not the God of your bible.

To think your reasons are peculiar to earth alone in a universe of 100 billion galaxies tells me something about you. Do you know hundreds of planets with same conditions as earth have been found by the Hubble space telescope? So you think earthman is alone in the Milky Way galaxy with about 100 billion stars?

Do more research, bro. The universe is bigger than your bible.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by odijeks(m): 9:23am On May 12, 2016
oglalasioux:

I agree. Please give me a solid evidence that the biblical creation story is authentic. Don't quote the bible please. Use the analogy you used in your post (you'll find it makes nonsense of the bible).

Now if you are saying the creation story is thrash but a God is responsible for the universe then I agree with you 100%.

But if you bring God down to a personality of a being listening to prayers and answering according to individual acceptance of a particular mode of worship then I'll say try again.
I just wanted to show how absurd abiogenesis or spontaneous appearance of life really is. I've made inquiries from non-biblical sources and scientific evidences, I've read the bible for myself and seen its wisdom and accuracy and I'm convinced the bible is actually God's ideas given to men to write down. This is personal though and you too can make your own research and decide what you want.
Believing in God creating life shows you actually think for yourself and are smart enough not to fall for the wild speculations of the evolutionists.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by ivili(m): 9:32am On May 12, 2016
Those are not proofs,atheist are intellectuals that reason things based on facts and not personal opinion.There is no proof for God and even Jesus made that clear when he said non had seen God,so stop making stuff up because you will only get burn intellectually.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Dotman2210(m): 9:32am On May 12, 2016
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,God gave unto them a reprobate mind,to do those things which are not convenient Romans1:28

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by selfemployed(m): 9:58am On May 12, 2016
neocortex:

You just contradicted yourself, this was your earlier response:

Do you think that "someone" who supposedly created the laws came from nowhere ?

Does not knowing where he comes from deny the fact that he exist?
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by oglalasioux(m): 9:59am On May 12, 2016
Amberon:
This is what happens when ignorant people think they're smart. Have you even read the bible? Who told you Christians believe that the we're alone on planet earth??

How many times will I school you atheists on this? Pls desist from bashing what you don't know.

Where do you think demons (aliens and ETs) live? where do you those principalities and powers reside? in Beijing or New York? Lmao!

Pls be enlightened. We Christians know that were not alone. These beings are way higher technologically and otherwise. Jesus Christ is coming and when he has taken his people, you will see these beings in their physical state and they will come in great wrath for the rest of mankind that will be left behind.

Good response. But bro, Jesus ain't coming back. I've read the bible and he didn't say so anywhere. Don't misunderstand his promises for the people of his day to our generation.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 10:00am On May 12, 2016
Sugarcious:
Op is one of Jehovah's witnesses. Only their religion can poll this facts...other religions will just be quoting bible .

If you read closely, you will noticed he said God came in form of a man to die for their sins, JW don't you used that palance, they see Jesus christ as the son of God not God himself.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by neocortex: 10:01am On May 12, 2016
selfemployed:

Does not knowing where he comes from deny the fact that he exist?

When does your imagination becomes fact ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 10:03am On May 12, 2016
Op I want you to clarify this for me.

Is it by accepting Jesus as your personal lord and saviour you attain eternal life? What if you have accepted Jesus and still sin day by day? Will this deprive you of eternity?

If it's by accepting Jesus, what is the essence of water baptism? I have done the former and the latter is bothering me.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by smogup: 10:25am On May 12, 2016
xtervaganza:
bravo.......bra fxcking vo

What a nice piece of junk you put up there.

Something has to set another in motion but nothing set your god in motion grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I

This is so funny I'm almost crying
. Its simple logic.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by odijeks(m): 10:39am On May 12, 2016
Iefosa:

Is it by accepting Jesus as your personal lord and saviour you attain eternal life? What if you have accepted Jesus and still sin day by day? Will this deprive you of eternity?

If it's by accepting Jesus, what is the essence of water baptism? I have done the former and the latter is bothering me.

Regardless of the sins you committed yesterday, today or tomorrow, all have been forgiven because God has already judged you and all your actions his verdict was that you are guilty. His sentence was death and hell. But he didn't place the sentence on you cos he loves you that much. He rather placed the sentence on himself. Baptism is an act showing that you put your trust in Christ's sacrifice for you. But even though you don't get a chance to be baptized, God knows your heart and what you believe in. Its not the going in water and coming out that gives eternal life. If that is so, everyone who takes a a dip in a bath tub and comes out has eternal life. Its simply your trust in Christ that gives eternal life. You can't loose this eternal life regardles of your sins or not being baptized in water. If one truly believes, Nothing should stop such a person from being baptized tho
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by selfemployed(m): 10:41am On May 12, 2016
neocortex:

When does your imagination becomes fact ?

That u cannot see something is not a proof that its not real or does not exist.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by syntekelite(m): 10:46am On May 12, 2016
well made point,but i personally dont think you need to convince anyone,cos atheism is an excuse for man to commit the most perversed atrocities without wanting to pay for it..the fact that they(atheists) believe they came from apes and gorrilla's sums up their hypocritical views.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 11:11am On May 12, 2016
selfemployed:

Sure, you are right. There are many forms of perception.

But tell me, what is the proof for your own believing?
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:23am On May 12, 2016
xtervaganza:
wheres the hate in my comment?

Highlight it, sir.

Not hatred against me ooooooo

I was talking of Ur hatred against God

4rm Ur previous comment, its more than obvious that U hate Him so much
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by neocortex: 12:04pm On May 12, 2016
selfemployed:

You are right, that is why I tell my friend that a yellow flying vampire created the world and
everything in it, I even showed him a book where it was written but he didn't agree.

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Kheddy(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2016
Being an atheist don't just happen

these are one of the different ways the devil uses to confuse the people of God. Deep down somewhere in their hearts,they know that God Lives. . .but the devilish spirit will always give them the impression to believe that There is no God.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Karanka: 12:23pm On May 12, 2016
SirWere:

Not all atheists argue with Science. And why should we not?? Science, from what we know, is the only thing capable of seperating facts from falsehood; it is one of the main instruments of reason we have.

You say Science STARTED with theist. I say you're wrong. No doubt, very many theists contributed to it; even helped it grow. But tracking the lives of those theists, one can see that they took faith and reason seperately and they were noticeably less religious than their counterparts. Like Immanuel Kant said

"I limit my reason so I may have faith" or something like that smiley
Broda,can we look at all these from another angle? What seems to be the main grouse of Atheists with the belief in God is the origin of God,right? i.e,how he came into existence. Ok. Scientists believe that the complexities of man and other things in the world - the laws,principles and seemingly orderliness - came about randomly,i suppose? Just for a second,what if God came about by 'chance' just like we humans and other fundamental things on earth,but due to the matter that existed prior to his origin,was 'made' in such a way that he has the supernatural abilities and characteristics that people attribute to him,in such a way that he is able to maintain the universe and the laws and principles therein? Remember that Science as we know it today,is practically at it's infancy; scientifically,the world is still a baby in relation to the things yet unknown. There could or could have been some form of basic matter out there somewhere that could bestow upon one these characteristics people attribute to God. If Scientists suspect there could be other live forms out there apart from on the earth,how did they come to be? I hope i made a bit of sense; or i could just be stretching my imaginations a little too far. Pls comment on this.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 12, 2016
Karanka:
Broda,can we look at all these from another angle? What seems to be the main grouse of Atheists with the belief in God is the origin of God,right? i.e,how he came into existence.
Hello Sir, Atheism is simply defined as a lack of belief in Gods. While the definiton is simple, it's actually very misunderstood. Atheists simply say: we want proof; solid proof for the existence of a supreme deity.
ok. Scientists believe that the complexities of man and other things in the world - the laws,principles and seemingly orderliness - came about randomly,i suppose?
Order will eventually come out of chaos, it has been well tested and has different example in nature as we see it. Man has witnessed planets forming from chaotic supernovaes and crystals forming from random assortments of molecule. Even in world history; we started random and scattered until we formed tribes, communities, kingdoms, nations and at one point an empire. Order will always come; but chaos or randomness precedes it
Just for a second,what if God came about by 'chance' just like we humans and other fundamental things on earth,but due to the matter that existed prior to his origin,was 'made' in such a way that he has the supernatural abilities and characteristics that people attribute to him,in such a way that he is able to maintain the universe and the laws and principles therein?
Such a theory wanders far off from the unversally accepted theodicy but let us examine it. Now we have a deity, one who was formed with "supernatural ability". Now the argument now lies on the word supernatural. Remember that if we go back 300 years, our present world is supernatural to those who lived before. Humans keep advancing; progressing till we point where we will probably be able to fly to distant point in space and even maybe create universes of our own! Are we gods then? Would you consider us supernatural? Would we be considered gods in our hypothetical created universe? I leave the answer to you
Remember that Science as we know it today,is practically at it's infancy; scientifically,the world is still a baby in relation to the things yet unknown. There could or could have been some form of basic matter out there somewhere that could bestow upon one these characteristics people attribute to God.
Yes, yes, I agree. Most Astronomers
are willing to accept the existence of some unearthly force; a "guiding hand"; if you will; out there. But sadly; until we see such evidence, one cannot be sufficently convinced
If Scientists suspect there could be other live forms out there apart from on the earth,how did they come to be? I hope i made a bit of sense; or i could just be stretching my imaginations a little too far. Pls comment on this.
Hmm... Can you imagine how vast the universe is?? Billions of galaxies out there; Trillions of star spirals, Uncountable quadrillions of stars. Is it so improbable to think that another life might exist out there. Anyways, perhaps you should check out Fermi's paradox on this forum for more,

As for the beginning of life as we know it here on Earth; Available evidences show that with the right amount of "materials" (namely Carbon, Nitrogen; sulfur and a little oxygen) and the right energy source from a star, molecules can self-assembly and the long, slow haul to "life" begins...

I should let you know that I'm an Agnostic Atheist. I do not believe in any god but I'm willing to accept the existence of one if given SOLID proof.
Most people on Nairaland are.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by selfemployed(m): 12:51pm On May 12, 2016
neocortex:

You are right, that is why I tell my friend that a yellow flying vampire created the world and
everything in it, I even showed him a book where it was written but he didn't agree.

You maybe right. God may be yellow, flies and a vampire. You are also right that he created not only the world, but the universe and everything in it.
I agree with you
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by selfemployed(m): 12:53pm On May 12, 2016
Pyrrho:
Sure, you are right. There are many forms of perception.

But tell me, what is the proof for your own believing?

check my previous posts about order and maintenance
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by neocortex: 1:02pm On May 12, 2016
selfemployed:

You maybe right. God may be yellow, flies and a vampire. You are also right that he created not only the world, but the universe and everything in it.
I agree with you

So do you accept the yellow vampire as your lord and saviour ?
Will you be loyal and worship him ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Jesusloveyou: 1:03pm On May 12, 2016
englishmart:
the one recorded on tapes?
no ooo, the tiny voice in ur conscience, that tiny voice use to remind me to thank God every secs, i thank God for humanity
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by selfemployed(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2016
neocortex:

So do you accept the yellow vampire as your lord and saviour ?
Will you be loyal and worship him ?

If only the yellow vampire is also Jesus Christ
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by neocortex: 1:08pm On May 12, 2016
selfemployed:

If only the yellow vampire is also Jesus Christ

He is greater than jesus christ, he is the alpha and omega,
he was never born nor did he ever die, he is always is.

Now do you accept him ?
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Weah96: 1:33pm On May 12, 2016
Kheddy:
Being an atheist don't just happen

these are one of the different ways the devil uses to confuse the people of God. Deep down somewhere in their hearts,they know that God Lives. . .but the devilish spirit will always give them the impression to believe that There is no God.

Do what believers in the Bible were doing, calling fire from the sky, and then come and present your deity for scrutiny. Using mouth and fingers to argue, accuse, and insult will only reinforce my belief that you are a lying arse scam artist who has never spoken with the creator of the universe.

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Jesusloveyou: 1:35pm On May 12, 2016
Iefosa:

If it's by accepting Jesus, what is the essence of water baptism?
it is impossible to believe and accept christ and stil indulge in sin, when u mistakely comit sin, u ask for forgiveness,
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Amberon: 1:48pm On May 12, 2016
Revelation 22: Jesus Testifies to the Churches 12 And behold , I am coming quickly , and My reward is with Me , to give to every one according to his work. wink

Just one of the many verses that Jesus himself testifies to his coming.

oglalasioux:

Good response. But bro, Jesus ain't coming back. I've read the bible and he didn't say so anywhere. Don't misunderstand his promises for the people of his day to our generation.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 12, 2016
olarhtunji:
sonoflucifer would soon kum n wail now
The day there's proof of God, faith becomes useless.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Arsenal Sacking Unai Emery / "Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Lady Dies After Man Reveals To Her On Facebook That He Had A Dream She Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.