Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. (5165 Views)

American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) / Meet RANIERO CANTALAMESSA; Preacher To Holy Father, The POPE. / God Used Slain Female Preacher To Heal Mad Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 5:16am On May 06, 2016
Splinz:

"Yes of course, it was abolished together with sin. There is no more sin and law!". I've not bothered reading your long epistles churned out of context, just after reading your above statement. There's no more SIN God, what delusion! You mean you actually went this extreme just to hold on to your false preconceived ideas

Initially I thought we could reason together, but not again. For it is written, "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with LAWLESSNESS? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an UNBELIEVER?- 2 Corinthians 6:14-15. So you see, we're two side of a coin. One is a lawless one, and the other, the very opposite. And like Paul, I ask, what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? Certainly none!

And lastly, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us"- 1 John 1:8. Having scrutinized you in light of the scriptures, I make bold to say that you're a willing tool of Satan, perverting God's word! And I surely wanna offer you this advice of Apostle Peter and prayed you heed it, "Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be forgiven you"- Acts 8:22.

My friend, though it looks so silly to reply your post, when you didn't read through all the post. But, I have no problem with that.

Please, learn to disprove biblical facts with biblical proofs!

To avoid making a shameful show of yourself, please point out ANY SINGLE verse that says that the laws of God given through moses, were not abolished.

My friend, we are not here to argue, we are here to dialogue. If you say that the law was not abolished, or sin was not abolished. Then, without making noise, point out any verse to back your proof.

Oh, you even went on to say that I am a willing tool of the devil, lol. You are just very funny to me. Thank you, but you can try harder.

You quoted 2cor 6:14 but you still do not know the meaning of the verse you quoted. And you went extra mile to call me an unbeliever. Are you really a follower of christ? Hmm, it is well.

You said this;"So you see, we're two side of a coin. One is a lawless one, and the other, the very opposite."

The above means that I am lawless(which you falsely proved) and you are lawful. Meaning that I don't keep the law, but you keep the law.

I NEVER said that the sin is no more on it's own, rather I said that when there is no law, sin is dead; which is evident in the bible.

Rom 7:8; "But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT LAW SIN WAS DEAD."

Please, where you quoted in 1john 1:9; was john talking to born again christians? If yes reconcile it with 1john 3:6,8-9.

1john 3:6,8-9; "6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

According to your last verse of acts, what is does it mean to repent(so that I can understand you better)?

Let us just understand the category where both of us fall into.

1cor 6:14;

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, for what fellowship hath righteousness with UNRIGHTEOUSNESS? And what communion hath light with darkness?" (KJ21).

"Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and INIQUITY? or what communion hath light with darkness?" (ASV)

"Stay away from people who are not
followers of the Lord! Can someone who is good get along with someone who is EVIL? Are light and darkness the same?" (CEV)

"Bear not the yoke with unbelievers. For what participation hath justice with INJUSTICE? Or what fellowship hath light with darkness?" (DRA)

"Do not be yoked together with
unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" (NIV)

So by this, it means that you have falsely concluded that I and as well as paul who said that without law, sin is dead and that all the laws were abolished; are lawless, unrighteous, wicked, unbelievers, evil, filled with iniquity and unjust. God have mercy!!!

However, let's take a close look on the above verse.

Are we made righteous because we keep the law? No!

Gal 2:21; "I do not ignore or nullify the [gracious gift of the] grace of God [His amazing, unmerited favor], for if RIGHTEOUSNESS comes through [OBSERVING] the LAW OF GOD, then Christ died NEEDLESSLY. [His suffering and death would have had no purpose whatsoever.]"

For one to say that he is righteous before God because he keeps the law of God, it means that the person is frustrating, ignoring and nullifying the grace of God, by making his death look needless. And that is a demonic seduction and lies!

We are righteous, not because we keep the law, but because the DEMAND for the law of righteousness has being fulfilled in us on the BASIS OF FAITH.

Rom 8:4;"That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Walking after the spirit is NOT sinless perfection through works of righteousness. Walking in the spirit means, walking in the FAITH and persuasion of the finished work of christ.

Walking in flesh is not sinless imperfection, rather it means walking in the HUMAN EFFORT which makes people to live by works of the law. In other words living by works of the law is also, living by flesh because it is based on human effort.

Gal 3:3;"Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit(faith in christ), are you now being perfected by the living after the FLESH(human effort/works of the law)? (ASV)

"Are you so foolish? Although you began with the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by HUMAN EFFORT(flesh/works of the law)?" (NET)

The law of righteousness is not what WE fulfil in ourselves, rather it is what God, himself, fulfils in us by the faith we have in christ.

If you say that the law of righteousness is fulfilled in us by ourselves, when we obey God's law, then you are giving God a satanic attribute, which means that God is author of lies and confusion, because it makes him a lair over his word in phil 3:9. GOD FORBID that God will be a lair over his word!!!!

Phil 3:9; "and may be found in Him [believing and relying on Him], NOT HAVING ANY RIGHTEOUSNESS OF MY OWN DERIVED FROM [MY OBEDIENCE TO] THE LAW OF GOD and its rituals, but
[possessing] that [GENUINE RIGHTEOUSNESS] which comes through
FAITH(believing) IN CHRIST, the righteousness which comes from God on the BASIS OF FAITH.

The fulfilled law of righteousness is imputed on anybody who believes in Jesus, WITHOUT THE DEED OF THE ABOLISHED LAW.

Rom 4:24; "but also for us, to whom God will IMPUTS righteousness(fulfilled law of righteousness)—for us who BELIEVE IN HIM who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead."

Who are they that are lawless, wicked, evil, unjust, unbelievers? They are not people who don't keep the abolished law. If not, then Jesus who violated sabbath, and paul who talked against law keepers, were lawless, wicked, and evil. And many more of them. God forbid!

They are people, who don't believe in christ, who fulfils the law of righteousness in them with no works.

In conclusion of my case, I have let go of the abolished law, believing and relying on his righteousness(jesus), which has been imputed on me with no works of law.

Therefore I am righteous and a believer. You can raise more biblical proofs to prove me wrong.

Now let us judge your condition;

You said that I am lawless, which has been proved as false, and that you are lawful. Because you regard the law and live by it.

As we speak, the only thing I can tell you about that, is that as we speak you are ALREADY ACCURSED!

I am not cursing you, but the bible says that you are cursed. Sorry for you!

Gal 3:10;
"Anyone who TRIES TO PLEASE GOD BY OBEYING THE LAW is under a CURSE. The Scriptures say, “Everyone who doesn’t obey everything in the Law is under a curse.” (CEV)

"But people who depend on following
the law TO MAKE THEM RIGH ARE under
a CURSE. As the Scriptures say, “They
must do everything that is written in
the law. If they do not always obey,
they are under a curse.” (ERV)

"Those who depend on OBEYING THE LAW live under a CURSE. For the scripture says, “Whoever does not always obey everything that is written in the book of the Law is under God's curse!” (GNT)

"Everyone, however, who is involved in
TRYING TO KEEP THE LAW DEMANDS falls
under a CURSE, for it is written: ‘Cursed
is everyone who does not continue in
all things which are written in the
book of the Law, to do them." (PHILLIPS)

"All who depend on OBEYING THE LAW are under a CURSE. It is written, “May
everyone who doesn’t continue to do
everything written in the Book of the
Law be under God’s curse.” (Deuteronomy 27:26)" (NIRV)

"All those who EXPECT THE LAW TO SAVE THEM FROM THE PUNISHMENT OF SIN will
be PUNISHED. Because it is written,
“Everyone who does not keep on doing all the things written in the Book of the Law will be punished.” (NLV)

"A CURSE is on all people WHO ARE TRYING TO BECOME GOOD BY OBEYING THE LAW. The holy writings say, Everyone is cursed who does not always obey everything that is written in the book of the law and do it." (WE)

The fact that you are already accursed, makes you the satanic and demonic willing tool of the devil, which the devil is using in subjecting more people to curse, but I tell you, your plans and agenda of subjecting more people to curse shall not come to pass. You better wake up and know that you a SERVANT OF DEMONS.

Divorce law, you adulterer(rom 7:1-4) and marry grace!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 5:31am On May 06, 2016
Splinz:

It's really a very pathetic situation! All what they do is to search the scriptures for verses that seems to support their preconceived ideas, and then churn out these verses distorted and out of context, therefore misleading 'babies' in the process.

How can a supposed Christian say there's no more sin? This statement alone has exposed who he is- a liar and deceiver! If there's no more sin, then lets kill, fornicate, commit adultery, steal, worship false gods, etc. After all, isn't the Law done away and sin no more? What delusion!

Please, I challenge you to put up verses that you said that is against the grace Gospel.

I know that babies can always can adults babies, so that's no a problem to me.

When I said they that there is no more sin, I was LOGICAL with the law. I said that when there is no law, sin is no more because it is dead and this is all talking about righteousness before God. In the righteousness before men, it is all about work of righteousness(law) and not faith.

Mind you, I never said that sin does not exist when there is law, rather I said that sin OUTSIDE LAW is dead. And I proved that with the scriptures, which you couldn't disprove up till now.

I am deluded? Lol. I pray that God will deliver you from the curse of the law, which you are under.

We are don't kill, fornicate, commit adultery, steal, worship false gods because the abolished law says so. Rather, we don't do that because of the love of God that has been shed abroad in our heart. And that is never calling for hypocritical sinless perfect by works of righteousness.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 6:13am On May 06, 2016
Amberon:
Revelation 22: 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters , and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Grace is not a gateway ticket to heaven.

The above is one of the last verses in the bible. Not in the old testament. You won't get into heaven without holiness and righteousness otherwise God wouldn't have said this

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,
shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that
doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22" Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have
we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name
have cast out devils? and in thy name done many
wonderful works?

23" And then will I profess unto them, I never knew
you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Please how does the revelation 22:15 you quoted make the grace gospel a lie?

Grace is not a gateway ticket to heaven? What a seduction and demonic lie. You know that I have always labelled you, an ANTI CHRIST and an ACCURSED. And each time you talk, it shows itself.

That grace is not a ticket to heaven? But law? You are very devilish and demonic, but the grace of God will locate you. Chai, I don hear mess today!

John 1:17;"For the LAW(works) was given by moses, but GRACE AND TRUTH(faith) came by Jesus christ"

With this, you are already denying our lord jesus. If grace cannot take one to heaven, it means that Jesus cannot take one to heaven. So we should follow the law, so that we can be accursed like you.

Gal 3:10;
"Anyone who TRIES TO PLEASE GOD BY OBEYING
THE LAW is under a CURSE. The Scriptures say,
“Everyone who doesn’t obey everything in the Law is under a curse.” (CEV)

The bible made is clear that works are of the law(moses) while faith is of grace(Jesus).

So you are trying to say that righteousness by faith is falsehood.

The below are 101 scriptural proofs that shows that you are an anti-christ who even went extremely in denying our lord.

1. Eph. 2:8-9 - "For BY GRACE are ye SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the GIFT of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast."

2. Rom. 4:6-7 - God imputes "Righteousness without works" through grace by faith.

3. Rom. 10:3 - It's a grave mistake for anyone to try to, "Establish their own righteousness."

4. Rom. 5:17 - Heaven deserving righteousness is a "GIFT," not something you earn.

5. Rom. 5:18 - Justification to God is a "FREE GIFT," not something you work toward.

6. Phil. 3:9 - Paul, as ‘good’ as he was, still. wouldn't trust his "Own righteousness" to save him.

7. Rom. 3:22 - God's righteousness is credited to "ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE," not all that work.

8. Rom. 8:3-4 - The flesh is too "Weak" to save itself. We need a Saviour. We need Christ.

9. Rom. 4:3 - Abraham's faith, not works, "Was counted unto him for righteousness."

10. Rom. 4:4-5 - Works are "Not reckoned of grace, but of debt." Faith is counted as righteousness.

11. Gal. 3:10 - To earn Heaven you'd have to "Continueth," perfectly, in the whole law and if you can't keep the whole of it(10 commandments and 600+laws) you are under curse. Only faith is needed.

12. Titus 3:5 - "NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."

13. John 5:24 - In Christ we've "PASSED from death unto life." We don't have to "wait" to find out.

14. Rom. 9:31-32 - Israel, "Sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law."

15. Acts 4:12 - No other name but Christ can save us-- not the name of works, nor our own name.

16. John 1:12-13 - Only God's power, through His Son, makes us a child of God. We are not born into
God's family by "Blood" (heritage, family ‘pedigree’), "Nor will of the flesh" (good works), "Nor will of man." (minister, or man made religion), "But of God."

17. Isa. 45:22 - No one else can save a soul from Hell but God; "There is none else."

18. Acts 13:39 - "And by him [Christ] all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye
COULD NOT BE JUSTIFIED by the law of Moses."

19. Rom. 8:7 - We can't follow God's law even if we wanted to. So how can we save ourselves?

20. Matthew 7:21-23 - Christ describes a future scene in which some who are trusting in their "Many wonderful works," will, sadly, be told by Christ: "I never knew you: depart from me, Ye that work iniquity." Their good works will not save them. We all have to trust Christ, and Him ALONE.

21. John 10:1 - We must enter through Christ, "THE DOOR," not by "Some other way.."

22. John 8:24 - A person can work all they want, but it won't save them. Jesus said the bottom line is that, "If ye believe not that I am he [the only way], ye shall die in your sins."

23. Rom. 4:2 - If Abraham could have saved himself, he'd have something to brag about.

24. Acts 10:1-43 - Cornelius' good works would put anyone today to shame, yet he still had to get saved by trusting solely in Christ to save him.

25. Rom. 3:27-28 - "Where is boasting then?...Of WORKS? nay."

26. 1 John 5:13 - If your salvation depends on a lifetime of good works, then why does the Bible teach that you could "KNOW" for sure, before you die, that you are going to Heaven? The answer is because salvation doesn't depend on you, but on Christ, who ALREADY paid the price for your sins.

27. Heb. 1:3 - "He had BY HIMSELF purged our sins." He doesn't need help from us!

28. Heb. 2:3 - If we have to work at earning it, why does the Bible call it "So great salvation"?

29. Heb. 2:9-10 - Christ is "The CAPTAIN of their salvation." He tasted "Death for every man."

30. Heb. 2:14-15 - Christ is the one who will "DELIVER" us from death, not ourselves!

31. Heb. 2:17 - Christ makes "RECONCILIATION for the sins." We can't reconcile ourselves.

32. Heb. 5:9 - Christ is "The AUTHOR of eternal salvation," not us! It's not in our hands.

33. Gal. 2:16 - "Knowing that a man IS NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS of the law, but by the
faith of Jesus Christ, ....that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and NOT by the WORKS of the law: FOR BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED."

34. Heb. 9:28 - "Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many." God won't accept good works.

35. Heb. 10:10-12 - Christ's body was offered "Once for all." So stop insulting God with your works.

36. Heb. 10:14 - "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them." STOP WORKING at it!

37. Heb. 10:17-18 - "There is no more offering for sin." So stop offering your good works.

38. 2 Cor. 1:9 - "We should not trust in ourselves, but in God," who has ALREADY paid the price.

39. 2 Cor. 1:10 - Christ "Delivered us from so great a death." He had to; we can't deliver ourselves.

40. Eph. 1:12-13 - You are saved by trusting in Christ, and, "After that believed, ye were SEALED."

41. Jer. 17:5 - "Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm."

42. Job 25:4 - "How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?" (For God's answer, see Isaiah 1:18)

43. Isa. 12:2 - "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust." Don't trust good works, trust the Saviour.

44. Luke 18:9-14 - Jesus gives a parable teaching that self righteousness WILL NOT save a person.

45. Ezek. 33:13 - "If he trust to his own righteousness..." He better be perfectly sinless or else!

46. John 14:6 - Jesus said, "I am THE WAY...no man cometh unto the Father, BUT BY ME."

47. 1 Tim. 2:5-6 - There's ONLY "One mediator between God and men," Jesus Christ, not ourselves.

48. Col. 2:14 - Christ took our sin debt, "Nailing it to his cross." It's ALREADY paid for!

49. John 19:30 - While on the cross, Christ said, "It is finished." It's paid. We don't have to work for it.

50. Matt. 11:28-30 - Christ offers "REST" to all those working at trying to earn their way to Heaven.

51. Isa. 53:4-6 - Christ was, "WOUNDED FOR OUR transgressions." Why? So WE don't have to be.

52. Heb. 4:9-10 - The person who accepts Christ as Saviour, "Hath CEASED from his own works."

53. Gal. 2:21 - If you could earn Heaven, why did Christ die? "Then Christ is dead in vain."

54. Rom. 3:20 - "Therefore by the deeds of the law there SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

55. Gal. 5:1-4 - "Christ hath made us free." He had to; we can't free ourselves, no matter how "good."

56. 2 Tim. 1:10 - "Our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death," with no help from us.

57. 1 John 4:14 - Christ was sent, "To be the Saviour of the world"; we couldn't save ourselves.

58. 1 Tim. 4:10 - "The Saviour of ALL men." Why try to save yourself? You already have a Saviour.

59. Acts 16:30-31 - When the Philippian jailer asked, "What must I do to be saved?" Paul didn't say, keep the Ten Commandments, but rather, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved."

60. Luke 7:49-50 - Christ told the woman: "Thy faith hath saved thee," not thy works!

61. Eph. 1:7 - "Redemption through HIS BLOOD, the forgiveness of sins," not through our works.

62. 1 Pet. 1:3-5 - "According to his abundant MERCY," not according to our good deeds.

63. Rev. 1:5 - Christ, "Washed us from our sins in his own blood"; can't wash ourselves with works.

64. Titus 3:7 - We are "Justified by his grace," not by our good deeds, baptism, or church membership.

65. Titus 2:11 - "The grace of God that BRINGETH SALVATION hath appeared to ALL MEN."

66. Eph. 4:32 - We are forgiven, "For Christ's sake," not because of our good behavior.

67. Eph. 2:4-5 - "(By grace ye are saved)," not by works. The two DON'T mix according to Rom. 11:6.

68. Acts 26:18 - "Through this man[Christ] ...forgiveness of sins," not through
our efforts!

69. Heb. 7:25 - Only Christ is "Able to
save." Only He can "Make INTERCESSION
for them."

70. Rom. 3:10 - "There is none righteous,
no, not one." So how can anyone save
themselves?

71. Rom. 3:12 - "There is none that
doeth good, no, not one." So how can
anyone save themselves?

72. Eccl. 7:20 - "There is not a just man
upon earth, that doeth good." Can
anyone save themselves?

73. Rom. 4:25 - Christ has already died for
our sins. He, "Was delivered for our
offences and raised
again FOR OUR JUSTIFICATION." So what
role does a person play in their own salvation?

74. Rom. 5:10 - "We are reconciled to
God by the death of his Son," not by the
fruits of our works.

75. John 6:28-29 - "Then said they unto
him, WHAT SHALL WE DO, that we might
work the works
of God? Jesus answered and said unto
them, THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT
YE BELIEVE
ON HIM whom he hath sent."

76. 1 Pet. 3:18 - "Suffered for us...that
HE might bring us to God." Do we have to
help Him save us?
Didn't He suffer enough to pay the price?
Heb. 7:25 says He did. He saves to "The
uttermost."

77. Matt. 5:20 - Your self-righteousness
would have to surpass that of the Pharisees--
Impossible! But possible by faith ALONE in christ because the righteousness of Jesus is perfect and not ours.

78. 1 John 2:2 - Christ, "Is the propitiation
[payment]...for the sins of the whole
world." If He can
pay for the sins of the whole world, why would
He need our help in saving us-- mere
individuals?

79. Rom. 8:8 - "They that are in the flesh
cannot please God." So what chance does
anyone have?

80. Rom. 3:23-25 - Through Christ's death
we are "Justified freely" (made right with
God). His death
provides: "Redemption" (we are bought
back to God), "Propitiation" (a settlement of
our sin debt),
"Remission [forgiveness] of sins." It's all
by God's "Grace" not our works.

81. James 2:10-11 - "For whosoever shall
keep the whole law, and yet offend in
ONE POINT, he is
guilty of all." We can't possibly save
ourselves; God demands sinless perfection.
We need a Saviour.

82. Romans 5:8-9 - We are "Justified by
his blood," not our good works. That's why
"When we were
sinners, Christ died for us." Therefore,
"We shall be saved from wrath through
him."

83. Matt. 18:11 - Jesus came "To save that
which was lost [us]." Why? Because we
can't save ourselves.
Otherwise, why send Christ to die for our sins
if we could pay for them ourselves?

84. Acts 15:10-11 - "Through the grace
of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be
saved," not through
works. Grace is not works; works is not
grace, as explained in Rom. 11:6

85. 2 Cor. 5:21 - "Christ was made sin for
us...that we might be made the
righteousness of God in
him." Why trust our own "righteousness" if
God offers to impute us His righteousness?
(Rom. 4:22-24)

86. Matt. 19:25-26 - "When his disciples
heard it, they were exceedingly amazed,
saying, WHO THEN
CAN BE SAVED? But Jesus beheld them,
and said unto them, WITH MEN THIS IS
IMPOSSIBLE;
but with God all things are possible."

87. Rom. 5:1 - "Therefore being
JUSTIFIED BY FAITH, we have PEACE
WITH GOD through our
Lord Jesus Christ." There can be no real
peace when a person spends their life
wondering if they have done
enough good works. Peace is knowing it's
been paid for ALREADY.

88. 2 Tim. 1:9 - "Who hath saved us, and
called us with an holy calling, NOT
ACCORDING TO OUR
WORKS, but according to his own
purpose and grace, which was given us
in Christ Jesus before the
world began." God had a "payment plan"
ready before any of us were even alive to
work!

89. Rom. 10:9-13 - "That if thou shalt
confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus
[i.e. Repent], and shalt
believe in thine heart [i.e. Trust] that God
hath raised him from the dead, THOU
SHALT BE SAVED
...For whosoever shall CALL upon the
name of the Lord SHALL BE SAVED."

90. Rom. 11:6 - "And if by grace, then is
it no more of works: otherwise grace is
no more grace."

91. Gal. 1:4, 92. Rom. 1:16, 93. Gal.
3:21, 94. Heb. 9:22, 95. 1 Tim. 2:6, 96.
Acts 10:43,
97. Isa. 43:11, 98. Gal. 3:24, 99. Heb.
9:12-14, 100. 1 Tim. 1:15, 101. Heb. 6:1
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Gombs(m): 7:04am On May 06, 2016
promise101:

Please, I beg you. We are not here to argue but to dialogue. If you want me to argue with you, then I may not reply your comments again. Christians don't argue, we dialogue.

Please, you can ask any question on my writings that are out of lane. No long post please, just ask questions. That's the purpose of this thread.

You said this;"..for we know the aspect of the law that was abolished.."

I find the above statement as an ignorant statement. Please, no matter the level of knowledge you have about the law and grace, you can NEVER be too old to be corrected. Let us not allow our foolishness to prove itself to be wiser than God.

I said in my former comment, that ALL the laws were abolished, including the 10 commandments. But you are getting mad at that.

Please, this is God's word, if you argue with God's word, you are directly arguing with him. I am going to show you a scriptural proof, but if you still don't believe, the best solution is to pray and ask God what happened. At worst, you can tear out the verse from your bible, in case you don't like the fact that the bible says so.

Eph 2:15;"Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the ENMITY(sin), even the law of COMMANDMENTS(10) contained in ordinances(630+); for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

I don't just know why you are having a hard time with this verse. Is it because it included the 10 laws of commandment? Please, if prayer cannot help you accept this truth, you can tear this verse out of your bible. Period!

Let's look at one of the chapters where paul talked about law.

Rom 7:1-13;
1 know the law,)how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is BOUND by the law to her husband so long as he liveth ; but if the husband be dead , she is LOOSED from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth , she be married to another man, she shall be called an ADULTERESS: but if her husband be dead , she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of
Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the MOTIONS OF SIN, WHICH WERE BY THE LAW, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held ; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid . Nay, I HAD NOT KNOW SIN, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said , Thou shalt not covet .
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT LAW SIN WAS DEAD.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the COMMANDMENT CAME , SIN REVIVED, and I died .
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I FOUND TO BE UNTO DEATH.
11 For sin, taking occasion BY THE COMMANDMENT, DECIEVED ME, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me BY THAT WHICH IS GOOD(law); that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful."

In the above, paul from verse 1-4;faulted anyone who is married to the living Jesus and at the same time married to the dead moses, as an adulterer. You can't be married to moses(works of the law) and be married to Jesus(faith). That's adultery!

I don't want to fault you as an adulterer, but you just fell under the category. You are shouting grace but still observing the law. The bible made it clear that law(works) and faith(grace) does not work together.

Gal 3:12;"But the LAW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FAITH. Instead, "The person who keeps the commandments will have life in them."

Is the 10 laws of commandments no more law? Yes, it is! And the bible made it clear that it has NOTHING to do with faith(grace). Very simple to understand!

No one said that the law is sin. According to verse 12, it says that the law of commandment is good, holy and just. But the problem is the effect of law on us, which was the reason why it was abolished.

Problem 1: Motions of sins are INSPIRED by the holy law. See vs 5.

Problem 2: The holy law is NOT sin but by the holy law is the knowledge and power of sin. See vs 7 and rom 3:20.
Rom 3:20; "20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE(power) OF SIN."

Problem 3: Without the holy law, sin is DEAD. See vs 8.

Problem 4: We were alive before the holy law came, but when the holy law of COMMANDMENT came, it REVIVED SIN. See vs 9.

Problem 5: The holy law of commandment was given for a good purpose(to make man righteous), which is to give life, but we found it to be unto death. See verse 10.

Problem 6: Sin takes occasion BY THE HOLY COMMANDMENTS, and deceiving man. Making us think that we can never be righteous. See verse 11.

Problem 7: The holy law of commandment was good, even in it's purpose, but WORKS DEATH in us.

The above are the problems we see in ourselves when we try to keep the law. But at the end can not justify us. And for this reasons(and even many more), it was imperfect to carry out it's purpose, which is to make us righteous. So, it has to be abolished!

Let's look at the eph 6:1-2 you referred to;

One thing I love so much about paul's writings is that he was very conscious of the word he uses, to avoid people misinterpreting him.

Eph 6:1-2; "1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, FOR THIS IS RIGHT.
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:"

Before we explain this, we have to know what is works of the law. Works of the law is ANYTHING we do because of what the law says, that is, as a way of satisfying the law. When you do what is right BECAUSE the law says so, then those things are works of the law. Very simple!

Paul NEVER said that we should respect our parents, because the law says so(works of the law). If he should say "..because the law says so" then it contradicts him when he said that Jesus has abolished the 10 commandment in eph 2:15 and when he said that we are not under the works of the law. Therefore, making him a LAIR, because two opposite words cannot be coming out from one mouth. It is very satanic!

Paul said that we should honour our parents because THIS IS RIGHT!!!! Must you know the law before you know that honouring your parents is right?

The verse 2 is in NO WAY, different from verse 1, it adds NO EXTRA meaning to verse 1. In verse 2, he was trying to make us remember what the ABOLISHED law said about honouring our parents, that's why it was even include inside a parenthesis, just to make a reference.

Just like today; we don't go to church because the law says so(works of the law), we go to church because it is right.

You said this:"Do you know why CHRISTIANS are dead to sin? Sin is dead?"

If being dead to sin in your understanding is sinless perfection by works of righteousness, then it means that no man is yet dead to sin, including paul. Unless you want to act like hypocrites.

We are not dead to sin or dead in our sins and trespasses according to eph 2:1 because we live rightly(works of the law). Not at all!

we are dead to sin, and as well DEAD TO THE LAW, because we BELIEVE in christ who has destroyed the works of devil(sin) through law, by being made the CURSE OF THE LAW OF COMMADMENT on our behalf at the cross and also been made righteousness and holiness on our behalf from the time of his resurrection.

Sin is dead? Law is dead? Yes of course!

Rom 7:4&8; "4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become DEAD TO THE LAW BY THE BODY OF CHRIST; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT LAW SIN WAS DEAD."

If you don't believe this, just go and question God. If you get no reply, you can tear the passage out of your bible. Very simple!

If you are having any contradiction, please put up a scriptural proof to disprove it.

Stay in grace alone!

Avoiding the long epistle of yours, I asked one question and you couldn't say much about it.

Ephesians 6:1-2 my emphasis is on verse 2. It says honour your father and mother, for this is the FIRST COMMANDMENT WITH A PROMISE. According to the Message Translation, Paul said it is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it, namely, "so you will live well and have a long life . Paul was quoting Exodus 20:12

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

This is/was a part of the commandment God gave Moses. Yes or No?

If yes, why say the law was completely abolished? Paul taught about the law, and did day the law was good, he showed what part of it was discarded, but you just woke up someday and have a "better" claim.

When he said love is the summary of all laws, it didn't imply all the laws were abolished, some are principles with eternal implications, and surely, if you walked in love, you'd definitely Honor your father and mother.

Let me make it clear, I'm not here to argue this with you, this has been properly discussed long before you found some of these knowledge, and I particularly expounded on this in the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1578507/without-law-theres-no-foundation#20638159

All those who want to learn from scriptures should visit that thread. I said there that Jesus did not abolish the moral and ethical laws that had been in effect from the time of Moses. He affirmed and expanded upon those principles, but He said obedience must be from the heart (attitudes and intentions) rather than just technical observance of the letter of the law.

Jesus showed that the ethical and moral laws would endure to the end of time, that's why Paul taught on some of these, like in Ephesians 6:1-2.

I could go on and on... For Jesus, Paul and all such taught these law, especially the moral and ethical parts. Let's look at Timothy

Paul made his view of the Old Testament clear in 2 Timothy, a letter filled with instruction for a younger minister. He wrote that “from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures” (2 Timothy 3:15 , emphasis added throughout).

What are the “Holy Scriptures” Paul refers to? At the time this was written, there was no “New Testament”-some of what has since then been called the New Testament hadn't even been written at that point. Paul is referring very clearly to the Old Testament; those were the Holy Scriptures Timothy had been taught since childhood by his Jewish mother (Acts 16:1-3 ).

Though it may be surprising to some, Paul clearly states that these same Scriptures “are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus” ( 2 Timothy 3:15 ).

Salvation was available under the Old Testament Scriptures. And how was it available? “Through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Elijah, Daniel, David and others who are promised eternal life elsewhere in the Scriptures received salvation the same way we do-through faith in Jesus Christ, through faith and belief in a promised Messiah who would redeem them from their sins.

Another example? Sure!

Acts 28 describes Paul's arrival in Rome and the conditions of his confinement there while awaiting trial. He could not leave, but he could receive visitors. “So when they had appointed him a day, many [of the Jewish leaders in Rome] came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets , from morning till evening” (Acts 28:23-24 ).

My beloved brother, what did you think Paul was teaching there? Sin offering? Peace offering? Sabbath?

He did not tell them that they no longer needed to heed the Hebrew Scriptures, but rather taught Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God from these scriptures-strange actions if you believe that Paul tried to turn people away from the Old Testament.

What about Jesus? Remember the famous sermon on the mount?

As a matter of fact, in the middle of his Sermon on the Mount, he paused to stress the truth that the Old Testament laws have not passed away as you think it completely is!

Matthew 5:17-18, "Think not that I came to
abolish the law, or the prophets: I came not to abolish, but to fulfil. For verily I say to you, Until heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle in no wise shall pass away from the law, until all be fulfilled."

Jesus stressed that, in no way, will any part of the Old Testament law pass away, not one jot (dotting of the “i”) or one tittle (crossing if the “t”), no part of God's written law in the Old Testament will pass away until two things (that's your assignment)

Remember the context In Matthew 5, verses 17-18, Jesus said he was not changing the Old Testament law, and in verse 19 He stresses to keep God's Commandments, and in verse 20 He accuses the scribes and Pharisees of being self righteous. Now, verses 21 through 48 is the focal point I want to address, because many people believe Jesus was changing the Old Testament written laws in these passages! I'd have loved to school you more, but I didn't want the post to be longer than it is already, but if you read 21 to 48, Jesus kept saying

"ye have heard"
"it has been said"

Then he'd go "but I say unto you"

First of all, let's get one thing clear. Jesus was not quoting from the written law of the Old Testament in these verses!

Even the choice of words used by Christ indicates that He was addressing a confusion, or a distortion, that was commonplace. Christ used this same “Ye have heard that it hath been said,” or “it hath been said .” figure of speech to straighten out misunderstandings or falsehoods being taught by the religious leaders of the time. In other words, Jesus was dealing with hearsay statements.

Contrast this to Christ's use of the phrase "It is written" or "The Scripture saith" when He was appealing to the Scriptures for authority (for example, see Matthew 4 where on three occasions during His temptation by the devil, Christ answered each one of the devil's lies or misquotes from Scripture with the words: "it is written" ).

The truth is bare for all to see, if you'd want to see fine.. If not, fine.

Thanks for the thread, at this juncture I take my leave.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2016
promise101:

Please, I challenge you to put up verses that you said that is against the grace Gospel.

I know that babies can always can adults babies, so that's no a problem to me.

When I said they that there is no more sin, I was LOGICAL with the law. I said that when there is no law, sin is no more because it is dead and this is all talking about righteousness before God. In the righteousness before men, it is all about work of righteousness(law) and not faith.

Mind you, I never said that sin does not exist when there is law, rather I said that sin OUTSIDE LAW is dead. And I proved that with the scriptures, which you couldn't disprove up till now.

I am deluded? Lol. I pray that God will deliver you from the curse of the law, which you are under.

We are don't kill, fornicate, commit adultery, steal, worship false gods because the abolished law says so. Rather, we don't do that because of the love of God that has been shed abroad in our heart. And that is never calling for hypocritical sinless perfect by works of righteousness.

You know what your problem is? Your ignorance and lack of comprehension!

There's a great difference between the Ten commandments and the law of Moses, which obviously you don't know or you simply don't want to know. First, understand this! The Law of Moses consisted of (1) the civil laws, which were the statutes and judgements that Moses relayed to the people from God, recorded in Exodus 21-23 and in the remaining books of the law, and (2) the ritualistic laws (or Greek: ergon) that were added later, summarized in Hebrews 9:10. They were ordinances regulating the job of the tribe of Levi in temple service, sacrifices (Leviticus 1-7) and associated functions. The word ergon means "works", as in the "works of the law" (such as in Galatians 2:16. Which you've used to equate observing the Ten commandments). This refers to the labor involving the Levitical rituals that were abolished by Christ's sacrifice.

Paul asked some pertinent questions, "What then shall we say? That the Law is sin?" He answered, "By no means!" (Romans 7:7). He went on to explained that he wouldn't have known what is sin if the Law wasn't his guide! Shouldn't this make you think, or don't you understand anything?

You've talked about righteousness before God... Gospel of Grace (I wonder where you get that kind of gospel from. What we know is the "Gospel of the Kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14-15) preached by Jesus and the Apostles), etc. Yet the Apostle Paul described that same Law you said has been abolished, in this manner, "So the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good"- Romans 7:12. Mr. Grace preacher, can you see that Paul described the Law as that which actually qualifies one as a true Christian? As Christians, are we not to be holy, righteous and good, which is what the Law stands for? Why would God do away with His perfect, righteous, good, and holy Law? Was that which is holy, righteous and good, done away that we may embrace the opposite or what exactly? These qualities of the Law is what defines God too, because He is holy, righteous and good. So by implication, you're saying, "God has put off these qualities" since that which expresses His qualities have been abolished!

I've already identified your problems, and will conclude it with what Apostle Peter said, "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are HARD to understand, which the IGNORANT and UNSTABLE TWIST to their own destruction, as THEY do the other Scriptures"- 2 Peter 3:15-16.

Please, rightly divide the word of God. If you can't, put aside all preconceived ideas and pray to the Lord for understanding. Lastly, we preached no philosophy or logic; what we preached is the "Kingdom of God!".

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 10:44am On May 06, 2016
you cant even comprehend what you yourself wrote. You went further to say , but God said "the earth stood still" implying that the earth had always stood still, meaning the bible was inconsistent. You need more comprehension of your own words.
ValentineMary:

When I say some people can't read, they would say am lying. I said RELATIVELY STATIC for a reason
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 10:52am On May 06, 2016
Honestly these people have been misguided by Pastor Chris and Joseph Prince respectively. They never condemn sin.

The worst part of it is the "once saved, always saved" message they're blindfolding gullible followers with. That as long as you've confessed Christ, you can go on to become an armed robber, serial killer, rapist, murderer and you will still make heaven. Perversion!!

I won't waste my prayers on them.
Splinz:

"Depart from me, ye that work iniquity". There it is- sin! And a so-called grace preacher wickedly dismissed sin as no more, just to hold on to his traditions & ideas (Mark 7:7-10).

Please pray for the misguided soul.

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 11:04am On May 06, 2016
I thought you were a grace preacher too. Lmao!!

My former assistant pastor (a grace preacher) would mount the pulpit right after collabo with his girlfriend and peach this false message because he feels he will still make heaven since "grace has covered sin". hahahahahah
Gombs:

I find this common with most grace preachers... Alot of them really take it to the extreme. Some folks here took time out to assemble "grace convention"... It's an eyesore considering their submissions, though not all were wrong.

Promise is doing fine, I'm sure he'd retrace his steps.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 12:25pm On May 06, 2016
Gombs:

Avoiding the long epistle of yours, I asked one question and you couldn't say much about it.

Ephesians 6:1-2 my emphasis is on verse 2. It says honour your father and mother, for this is the FIRST COMMANDMENT WITH A PROMISE. According to the Message Translation, Paul said it is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it, namely, "so you will live well and have a long life . Paul was quoting Exodus 20:12

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

This is/was a part of the commandment God gave Moses. Yes or No?

If yes, why say the law was completely abolished? Paul taught about the law, and did day the law was good, he showed what part of it was discarded, but you just woke up someday and have a "better" claim.

When he said love is the summary of all laws, it didn't imply all the laws were abolished, some are principles with eternal implications, and surely, if you walked in love, you'd definitely Honor your father and mother.

Let me make it clear, I'm not here to argue this with you, this has been properly discussed long before you found some of these knowledge, and I particularly expounded on this in the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1578507/without-law-theres-no-foundation#20638159

All those who want to learn from scriptures should visit that thread. I said there that Jesus did not abolish the moral and ethical laws that had been in effect from the time of Moses. He affirmed and expanded upon those principles, but He said obedience must be from the heart (attitudes and intentions) rather than just technical observance of the letter of the law.

Jesus showed that the ethical and moral laws would endure to the end of time, that's why Paul taught on some of these, like in Ephesians 6:1-2.

I could go on and on... For Jesus, Paul and all such taught these law, especially the moral and ethical parts. Let's look at Timothy

Paul made his view of the Old Testament clear in 2 Timothy, a letter filled with instruction for a younger minister. He wrote that “from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures” (2 Timothy 3:15 , emphasis added throughout).

What are the “Holy Scriptures” Paul refers to? At the time this was written, there was no “New Testament”-some of what has since then been called the New Testament hadn't even been written at that point. Paul is referring very clearly to the Old Testament; those were the Holy Scriptures Timothy had been taught since childhood by his Jewish mother (Acts 16:1-3 ).

Though it may be surprising to some, Paul clearly states that these same Scriptures “are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus” ( 2 Timothy 3:15 ).

Salvation was available under the Old Testament Scriptures. And how was it available? “Through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Elijah, Daniel, David and others who are promised eternal life elsewhere in the Scriptures received salvation the same way we do-through faith in Jesus Christ, through faith and belief in a promised Messiah who would redeem them from their sins.

Another example? Sure!

Acts 28 describes Paul's arrival in Rome and the conditions of his confinement there while awaiting trial. He could not leave, but he could receive visitors. “So when they had appointed him a day, many [of the Jewish leaders in Rome] came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets , from morning till evening” (Acts 28:23-24 ).

My beloved brother, what did you think Paul was teaching there? Sin offering? Peace offering? Sabbath?

He did not tell them that they no longer needed to heed the Hebrew Scriptures, but rather taught Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God from these scriptures-strange actions if you believe that Paul tried to turn people away from the Old Testament.

What about Jesus? Remember the famous sermon on the mount?

As a matter of fact, in the middle of his Sermon on the Mount, he paused to stress the truth that the Old Testament laws have not passed away as you think it completely is!

Matthew 5:17-18, "Think not that I came to
abolish the law, or the prophets: I came not to abolish, but to fulfil. For verily I say to you, Until heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle in no wise shall pass away from the law, until all be fulfilled."

Jesus stressed that, in no way, will any part of the Old Testament law pass away, not one jot (dotting of the “i”) or one tittle (crossing if the “t”), no part of God's written law in the Old Testament will pass away until two things (that's your assignment)

Remember the context In Matthew 5, verses 17-18, Jesus said he was not changing the Old Testament law, and in verse 19 He stresses to keep God's Commandments, and in verse 20 He accuses the scribes and Pharisees of being self righteous. Now, verses 21 through 48 is the focal point I want to address, because many people believe Jesus was changing the Old Testament written laws in these passages! I'd have loved to school you more, but I didn't want the post to be longer than it is already, but if you read 21 to 48, Jesus kept saying

"ye have heard"
"it has been said"

Then he'd go "but I say unto you"

First of all, let's get one thing clear. Jesus was not quoting from the written law of the Old Testament in these verses!

Even the choice of words used by Christ indicates that He was addressing a confusion, or a distortion, that was commonplace. Christ used this same “Ye have heard that it hath been said,” or “it hath been said .” figure of speech to straighten out misunderstandings or falsehoods being taught by the religious leaders of the time. In other words, Jesus was dealing with hearsay statements.

Contrast this to Christ's use of the phrase "It is written" or "The Scripture saith" when He was appealing to the Scriptures for authority (for example, see Matthew 4 where on three occasions during His temptation by the devil, Christ answered each one of the devil's lies or misquotes from Scripture with the words: "it is written" ).

The truth is bare for all to see, if you'd want to see fine.. If not, fine.

Thanks for the thread, at this juncture I take my leave.

Cheers
This shows that you just love foolish, baseless and ignorant arguments. You avoided my previous post, and you are repeating most of the things I have answered in my previous answers. And you are here looking for who to argue with. I wouldn't have replied this baseless posts filled with accusations on paul, but I decided to answer for the sake of the readers.

In the case of what paul said about eph6:1-2, I will repeat what I said before;

Eph 6:1-2; "1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, FOR THIS IS RIGHT.
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:"

Before we explain this, we have to know what is works of the law. Works of the law is ANYTHING we do because of what the law says, that is, as a way of satisfying the law. When you do what is right BECAUSE the law says so, then those things are works of the law. Very simple!

Paul NEVER said that we should respect our parents, because the law says so(works of the law). If he should say "..because the law says so" then it contradicts him when he said that Jesus has abolished the 10 commandment in eph 2:15 and when he said that we are not under the works of the law. Therefore, making him a LAIR, because two opposite words cannot be coming out from one mouth. It is very satanic!

Eph 2:15;"Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the ENMITY(sin), even the law of COMMANDMENTS(10) contained in ordinances(630+); for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

Paul said that we should honour our parents because THIS IS RIGHT!!!! Must you know the law before you know that honouring your parents is right?

The verse 2 is in NO WAY, different from verse 1, it adds NO EXTRA meaning to verse 1. In verse 2, he was trying to make us remember what the ABOLISHED law said about honouring our parents, that's why it was even include inside a parenthesis, just to make a reference.

You said this; "If yes, why say the law was completely abolished? Paul taught about the law, and did day the law was good, he showed what part of it was discarded, but you just woke up someday and have a "better" claim."

Yes, the law was completely abolished. Why? You asked, I will list out the reasons.

The law is an unbearable yoke. (Acts 15:10)

The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians have been delivered from the law, so going back to the law is an act of ADULTERY. (Romans 7:1-6)

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)

The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

The strength of sin is the law (1 Corinthians 15:56)

The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)

The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)

The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)

The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)

Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)

The law justifies nobody. (Galatians 2:16)

The law frustrates grace. (Galatians 2:21)

To go back to the law after embracing faith is “stupid”.(Galatians 3:1)

The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10)

The law has nothing to do with faith. (Galatians 3:11-12)

The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)

The law functioned in God’s purpose as a temporary covenant from Moses till John the Baptist announced Christ. (Galatians 3:16 & 19, also see… Matthew 11:12-13, Luke 16:16)

If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)

The law was our prison. (Galatians 3:23)

The law makes you a slave like Hagar. (Galatians 4:24)

Christ has abolished the law which was a wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:15)

Paul considered everything the law gained him as “skybalon” which is Greek for “poop”. (Philippians 3:4-cool

The law is only good if used in the right context. (1 Timothy 1:cool (see next verse for the context) It was made for the unrighteous but not for the righteous. (1 Timothy 1:9-10)

The law is weak, useless and makes nothing perfect. (Hebrews 7:18-19)

God has found fault with it and created a better covenant, enacted on better promises. (Hebrews
8:7-cool

It is obsolete, growing old and ready to vanish. (Hebrews 8:13)

It is only a shadow of good things to come and will never make someone perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)

The law of the New testament which Jesus gave us is to BELIEVE in him(for our righteousness) and love one another(to live in peace). Very simple!

1John 3:23;"23 And THIS IS HIS COMMANDMENT, That we should BELIEVE on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and LOVE one another, as he gave us commandment."

You are VERY IGNORANT of what Jesus said about the law, that's why you are blindly trying l to accuse him together with paul. But if only you want to know what Jesus was saying. Each time we talk about the abolishment of the law, you ignorantly use matt5:17 that will always expose your ignorant the more.

If you read Exodus, deuteronomy very well, you will discover that the laws that were given was 10commandments + 630 do and don't(laws). There are many of them that are not just in order, but were never corrected in that matt 5.

For example; among the 630 laws that Jesus corrected, you will see that there are laws that are against wearing clothes of different sorts and colours, eating fishes with scale, building of staircase, using balcony to build houses, the same law is against women wearing what pertaineth to man, plowing with ass and ox together, is also against allowing bastards to enter into the congregation of the lord. Some of them are just terrible to live by. That's why jesus abolished the whole law, because it couldn't justify anyone.

Remember what james said, that if you keep all but fail one, you have failed the WHOLE law. Paul said in Gal 3:12, that law is NOT of faith(law is not of the spirit), and he went on to say that whosoever who wants the law should live by it COMPLETELY. And if you live by it but couldn't keep it all(10commandments and 630 laws), a curse is pronounced on you. God forbid! Read Gal 3:10 with many version to understand it in all ramifications.

If Jesus was giving us a new law to keep, then he would have corrected all those laws I showed you up there. Because, maybe you don't support women who wear trouser, but you wear clothes of diverse sorts and colours, you eat fishes with scale and you see no sin in allowing a bastard into the house of God. That makes no difference between you and women who wear trouser, because both of you break the same law! That's why so many law preachers are just so ignorant of what they preach, because they are GUILTY of the same law they are preaching.

However, to reconcile what Jesus said there, you have to settle it in you mind that Jesus was NOT giving us a new law to live by, which is even tougher than the former, whereas he said that his yoke is not heavy but light. If not so, then we have to make some correction in the 10 and 630 laws that was given, in regard to what Jesus in and live by ALL. It will be very terrible! Because, it can NEVER still justify you. That's why we are no more justify by law keeping but by his blood.

Jesus said that, so as to correct moses, and as well frustrate the jews, who are too blinded with the law and to turn their eyes to the need of Jesus dying for their sins. That's why he made it tougher for them and even told them that except their righteousness exceed that of the scribes and the pharisee they cannot enter the kingdom. This is an indirect fight on their right living(righteousness). The only righteousness that can exceed that of the pharisee is the righteousness of Jesus himself, which is imputed on any man that BELIEVES in him, with no works.

And as well when you look at the verse 18 of that chapter you will see that it was TEMPORAL.
Matt 5:18;"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear UNTIL IT'S PURPOSE IS ACCOMPLISHED."

This is a verse so many pastors have misinterpreted so much. That verse simply means that at the point the purpose of God's law is ACCOMPLISHED(fulfilled), then the law can be abolished. Very simple! What was the purpose of God's law? To justify us and make us righteous before God. But still couldn't help! So has it been accomplished? Yes, of course! That's the reason of our faith in him and not in law keeping. The purpose of God's law was accomplished at the cross!

Now therefore, we are not justified or made righteous by works of the law(right living), we are made righteous by his blood, that's his righteousness.

Rom 5:1;"Therefore, being justified by faith(in his blood) we have peace with God through our lord Jesus christ"

We don't have peace with God because we live rightly or keep the law, rather we have peace with God because we have been eternally justified by faith through his blood.

Rom 5:9;"Much more then, being now JUSTIFED BY HIS BLOOD, we shall be saved from wrath through him"

We shall not be saved from wrath because of our works of the law(right living), but because we have been justified by his blood.

THE FUNDAMENTAL: our salvation is NOT based on law or personal effort, but based on the perfect finished work of christ and it is all about GRACE.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 2:43pm On May 06, 2016
Amberon:
I thought you were a grace preacher too. Lmao!!

My former assistant pastor (a grace preacher) would mount the pulpit right after collabo with his girlfriend and peach this false message because he feels he will still make heaven since "grace has covered sin". hahahahahah
If you think that ALL who have girl friends cannot make heaven. Then, I think your senses will be FILLED WITH CORRUPTION. I just wonder from what kind of mango tree you fall from.

The guy is not a grace preacher, but an adulterer like you who is married to the living jesus(grace) and married to a dead body(moses- law).

1 know the law,)how that the law hath dominion
over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is BOUND
by the law to her husband so long as he liveth ; but if the husband be dead , she is LOOSED from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth , she be
married to another man, she shall be called an
ADULTERESS: but if her husband be dead , she is
free from that law; so that she is no adulteress,
though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead
to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Divorce moses and marry Jesus!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 2:50pm On May 06, 2016
Amberon:
Honestly these people have been misguided by Pastor Chris and Joseph Prince respectively. They never condemn sin.

The worst part of it is the "once saved, always saved" message they're blindfolding gullible followers with. That as long as you've confessed Christ, you can go on to become an armed robber, serial killer, rapist, murderer and you will still make heaven. Perversion!!

I don't just know why you are fond of calling pastor chris and pastor prince whenever grace gospel is being preached. What exactly is wrong with you?

You won't care about john hagee who is your best preacher, who is USED TO BLOWING unscriptural heresies. And even going forward to say that the jews don't need Jesus to get to heaven. While Jesus told the same Jews of then, that he is the ONLY way the truth and the life, that no one commit to the father Except through him.

Yet, you are not ASHAMED of falling such pastor.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 2:51pm On May 06, 2016
Amberon:

I don't just know why you are fond of calling pastor chris and pastor prince whenever grace gospel is being preached. What exactly is wrong with you?

You won't care about john hagee who is your best preacher, who is USED TO BLOWING unscriptural heresies. And even going forward to say that the jews don't need Jesus to get to heaven. While Jesus told the same Jews of then, that he is the ONLY way the truth and the life, that no one commit to the father Except through him.

You said this;"That as long as you've confessed Christ, you can go on to become an armed robber, serial killer, rapist, murderer and you will still make heaven. Perversion!!"

Can you prove who said? If pastor chris or pastor prince.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 3:12pm On May 06, 2016
On the contrary, just because you fell from a mango tree doesn't mean others did so too. Its been long established that you're deluded.

Again Revelation 22: 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters , and whoever loves and practices a lie.

1 Corinthians 6: 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators , nor idolaters , nor adulterers , nor homosexuals , nor sodomites ,

10 nor thieves , nor covetous , nor drunkards , nor revilers , nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

5 For this you know , that no fornicator , unclean person , nor covetous man , who is an idolater , has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 21: 8 But the cowardly , unbelieving , abominable , murderers , sexually immoral , sorcerers , idolaters , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone , which is the second death."

Most of the above were said by Christ Jesus himself. Are you calling him a liar??

From all your false teachings , its safe to say that you're the Antichrist which is to come into the world.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

promise101:

If you think that ALL who have girl friends cannot make heaven. Then, I think your senses will be FILLED WITH CORRUPTION. I just wonder from what kind of mango tree you fall from.

The guy is not a grace preacher, but an adulterer like you who is married to the living jesus(grace) and married to a dead body(moses- law).

1 know the law,)how that the law hath dominion
over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is BOUND
by the law to her husband so long as he liveth ; but if the husband be dead , she is LOOSED from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth , she be
married to another man, she shall be called an
ADULTERESS: but if her husband be dead , she is
free from that law; so that she is no adulteress,
though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead
to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Divorce moses and marry Jesus!

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 3:24pm On May 06, 2016
Of course they will seem unscriptural to you because you have given yourself over to lewdness and grace lavisiousness (Jude 1:4).

Now I'm not aware that Pastor John Hagee said such and if he did it is a huge heresie, a blunder of the first order which is inexcusably wrong.

You see unlike you, I'm not skeptical about pointing out lies and heresies even if its from my favorite preacher. You should be more concerned about your messiah Pastor Chris who said masturbation is not a sin and also sanctioned abortion. Also Joseph Prince who preaces 1 truth and 100 heresies.

But you're the worst of all,saying that sin is dead?? Lmao!!
promise101:

You said this;"That as long as you've confessed Christ, you can go on to become an armed robber, serial killer, rapist, murderer and you will still make heaven. Perversion!!"

Can you prove who said? If pastor chris or pastor prince.

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 10:46pm On May 06, 2016
Amberon:
On the contrary, just because you fell from a mango tree doesn't mean others did so too. Its been long established that you're deluded.

Again Revelation 22: 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters , and whoever loves and practices a lie.

1 Corinthians 6: 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators , nor idolaters , nor adulterers , nor homosexuals , nor sodomites ,

10 nor thieves , nor covetous , nor drunkards , nor revilers , nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

5 For this you know , that no fornicator , unclean person , nor covetous man , who is an idolater , has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 21: 8 But the cowardly , unbelieving , abominable , murderers , sexually immoral , sorcerers , idolaters , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone , which is the second death."

Most of the above were said by Christ Jesus himself. Are you calling him a liar??

From all your false teachings , its safe to say that you're the Antichrist which is to come into the world.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

The first mention of not inheriting the kingdom of God is found in Paul’s first letter to the church at Corinth. “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

By saying the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God, Paul is stating that the wicked are NOT children of God, nor are they heirs of eternal life(believers) ( Romans 8:17). This DOES NOT MEAN that anybody who has ever committed one of these sins will be denied entrance to heaven.

What differentiates a Christian’s life from that of a non-Christian is the struggle against sin and
the ability to overcome it, NOT as way to look righteous but as a way to heed his body to the service of God.

A true Christian who is under grace will always repent(change of mind, this is different from prayer of forgiveness) which comes through GODLY SORROW that he did something bad, and will always KEEP ON BELIEVING and RELYING on Jesus christ for his righteousness, and as well always resume the struggle against sin, as a way of mortifying the flesh and subjecting it to the knowledge of christ. And not as a way of establiahing HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS. AND THIS DOES NOT CALL FOR WORKS OF SINLESS PERFECTION(law of right living) TO LOOK RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

Phil 3:9
"And that I may [ACTUALLY] be found and known as in Him, NOT HAVING ANY [SELF- ACHIEVED] RIGHTEOUSNESS that can be called MY OWN, based on my obedience to the Law’s demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [GENUINE RIGHTEOUSNESS] which comes THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST(the Anointed One), the [TRULY] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] FAITH." (AMPC)

But the Bible gives no support for the idea that a person who perpetually and UNREPENTANTLY(without having a change of mind)
ENGAGES in sin can indeed be a Christian. The 1 Corinthians passage lists sins that, if indulged in CONTINUOSLY, identify a person as not being redeemed by Christ, because of his UNREPENTANT behaviour.

The Christian’s response to sin is to hate it, repent of it, and forsake it. We STILL struggle with sin, but by the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in us, we are able to resist and overcome sin.

The hallmark of a true Christian is the decreasing presence of sin in his life, BUT NEVER SINLESS PERFECTION. As Christians grow and mature in the faith, sin has less and less of a hold on us. Of course, sinless perfection is IMPOSSIBLE in this life, but our hatred for sin becomes greater as we mature. Like Paul, we are distressed that sin STILL EXISTS in our flesh, causing us at times to do what we don’t want to do and looking to Christ for relief from this “body of death” ( Romans 7:18-25).

If a person ACTIVELY, PERPETUALLY, and UNREPENTANTLY(with no godly sorrow) lives a homosexual lifestyle, the lifestyle of a thief, a greedy lifestyle, a drunken lifestyle, etc., it is not possible for such a person to be a Christian, and such a person will definitely not inherit the kingdom of God.

Saved by grace, living by grace. It is all about Jesus.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 1:24am On May 07, 2016
promise101:

The first mention of not inheriting the kingdom of God is found in Paul’s first letter to the church at Corinth. “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

By saying the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God, Paul is stating that the wicked are NOT children of God, nor are they heirs of eternal life(believers) ( Romans 8:17). This DOES NOT MEAN that anybody who has ever committed one of these sins will be denied entrance to heaven.

What differentiates a Christian’s life from that of a non-Christian is the struggle against sin and
the ability to overcome it, NOT as way to look righteous but as a way to heed his body to the service of God.

A true Christian who is under grace will always repent(change of mind, this is different from prayer of forgiveness) which comes through GODLY SORROW that he did something bad, and will always KEEP ON BELIEVING and RELYING on Jesus christ for his righteousness, and as well always resume the struggle against sin, as a way of mortifying the flesh and subjecting it to the knowledge of christ. And not as a way of establiahing HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS. AND THIS DOES NOT CALL FOR WORKS OF SINLESS PERFECTION(law of right living) TO LOOK RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

"And that I may [ACTUALLY] be found and known as in Him, NOT HAVING ANY [SELF- ACHIEVED] RIGHTEOUSNESS that can be called MY OWN, based on my obedience to the Law’s demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [GENUINE RIGHTEOUSNESS] which comes THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST(the Anointed One), the [TRULY] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] FAITH." (AMPC)

But the Bible gives no support for the idea that a person who perpetually and UNREPENTANTLY(without having a change of mind)
ENGAGES in sin can indeed be a Christian. The 1 Corinthians passage lists sins that, if indulged in CONTINUOSLY, identify a person as not being redeemed by Christ, because of his UNREPENTANT behaviour.

The Christian’s response to sin is to hate it, repent of it, and forsake it. We STILL struggle with sin, but by the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in us, we are able to resist and overcome sin.

The hallmark of a true Christian is the decreasing presence of sin in his life, BUT NEVER SINLESS PERFECTION. As Christians grow and mature in the faith, sin has less and less of a hold on us. Of course, sinless perfection is IMPOSSIBLE in this life, but our hatred for sin becomes greater as we mature. Like Paul, we are distressed that sin STILL EXISTS in our flesh, causing us at times to do what we don’t want to do and looking to Christ for relief from this “body of death” ( Romans 7:18-25).

If a person ACTIVELY, PERPETUALLY, and UNREPENTANTLY(with no godly sorrow) lives a homosexual lifestyle, the lifestyle of a thief, a greedy lifestyle, a drunken lifestyle, etc., it is not possible for such a person to be a Christian, and such a person will definitely not inherit the kingdom of God.

Seems you're beginning to heed the advice of Apostle Peter that I offered you, as you've begin to see SIN as that which exist and what Christians strive to overcome. Now, by implication, you're tacitly recognizing the Law, since the absent of the Law equal no SIN.

You see that Law (Ten commandments) described as holy, righteous and good? I tell you, it stands forever whether you like it or not, because it is the express reflection of God! Do not think that we're anti-grace, no! We know what grace is, and its work of salvation. But grace wasn't given as a LICENSE to transgress the laws of God, but rather as an UNMERITED favor for salvation, in that, no one could ever atone for his sins and therefore be saved. So then, GRACE is never worked for!

The psalmist wrote, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path"- Psalm 119:105. This is the work of the Law! It leads your way and light your path, i.e, that you may know whether you're on track or you've gone astray! Listen, "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek You; let me not wander from your COMMANDMENTS!"- Psalms 119:9-10. Now know why the Law is holy, righteous and good? Because it makes your way pure (it is your compass), and therefore must not be discarded!

So, if you claimed to have the righteousness of God through grace, then definitely, the righteousness of God through grace will certainly agrees with the righteousness of the Law! Or did righteousness of the Law not emanate from the same God who offers righteousness through grace? Be the judge.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by jiggaz(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2016
promise101:

Excellent explanation... i dont know why some Christians that are blinded by the Law of Moses think that the same law will justify them.... When Paul made mention of those people that won't enter the kingdom of God, he didn't mean Believers in Christ. Those people he mentioned are the ungodly people who are without Christ.

A Believer in Christ can still fall into those aforementioned sins cos so far we are still in this our Fallen Body, sin must still come. We only become perfect at the Rapture when we receive our Glorious Body..... Any Christian or Pastor that claims He or She does not sin is a HYPOCRITE!!! When i see such people, i always ask them, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SIN? And i dont buy their idea of saying that they commit some sins unknowingly. It is only the blood of Jesus that saves us.

Confession of sins does not wash away our sins too cos sin might come in one way or another. WE CONFESS OUR SINS TO GOD NOT TO BE FORGIVEN, BUT BECAUSE WE ARE ALREADY FORGIVEN AT THE CROSS!!!! Confessing to God means telling God about it not killing or torturing yourself... I always tell them that when i sin, what i just do is tell God about it ( meaning i know what i did was wrong ), then thank Him for having already forgiven me. I then confess that I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST. Finish!! No condemnation or killing myself about it because i fully TRUST IN THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST ON THE CROSS TO SAVE ME!!!

IT IS ALL ABOUT CHRIST BRO AND I REST ON HIS FINISHED WORK!!

More grace to you!!!
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 12:27pm On May 07, 2016
Oh! I remember you! The mouthpiece of Joseph Prince. The very rude fellow who insults anyone with conflicting views. I hope you've changed.

1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin , we deceive ourselves , and the truth is not in us.

1 John 1: 9 If we confess our sins , He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned , we make Him a liar , and His word is not in us.

Are you in any calling GOD a liar sir? Did I write the verses below? are they not in your bible?

1 Cortinthians 6: 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators , nor idolaters , nor adulterers , nor homosexuals , nor sodomites ,

You are very erroneous for saying otherwise. Even Jesus said Narrow is the way. Jesus himself said all those who practice the above will be eternally damned, so who are you to say otherwise? are you God? or are you Heaven's gatekeeper?

I'll leave you with this

Hebrews 12:
14 Pursue peace with all people , and holiness , without which no one will see the Lord:

jiggaz:
Excellent explanation... i dont know why some Christians that are blinded by the Law of Moses think that the same law will justify them.... When Paul made mention of those people that won't enter the kingdom of God, he didn't mean Believers in Christ. Those people he mentioned are the ungodly people who are without Christ.

A Believer in Christ can still fall into those aforementioned sins cos so far we are still in this our Fallen Body, sin must still come. We only become perfect at the Rapture when we receive our Glorious Body..... Any Christian or Pastor that claims He or She does not sin is a HYPOCRITE!!! When i see such people, i always ask them, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SIN? And i dont buy their idea of saying that they commit some sins unknowingly. It is only the blood of Jesus that saves us.

Confession of sins does not wash away our sins too cos sin might come in one way or another. WE CONFESS OUR SINS TO GOD NOT TO BE FORGIVEN, BUT BECAUSE WE ARE ALREADY FORGIVEN AT THE CROSS!!!! Confessing to God means telling God about it not killing or torturing yourself... I always tell them that when i sin, what i just do is tell God about it ( meaning i know what i did was wrong ), then thank Him for having already forgiven me. I then confess that I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST. Finish!! No condemnation or killing myself about it because i fully TRUST IN THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST ON THE CROSS TO SAVE ME!!!

IT IS ALL ABOUT CHRIST BRO AND I REST ON HIS FINISHED WORK!!

More grace to you!!!

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 12:41pm On May 07, 2016
I agree with a lot of the things you said here, however not all.

You have to understand that God is no respecter of persons. Whether you confess him and accept him does not automatically guarantee heaven for you if you continue to wallow in sin.

Anyone who has confessed Christ and still falls back to sin will not inherit the kingdom of God if he dies in sin. 1 Corinthians 6: 9 does not give believers an hedge over nonbelievers. It says all those who practice such will not make heaven whether they had at one time accepted Christ or not. However there are sins not leading to death

1 John 5: 17 All unrighteousness is sin , and there is sin not leading to death.

That is what I want you to know.

promise101:

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Amberon: 1:33pm On May 07, 2016
grin: grin: grin: Lmao!!
jiggaz I always knew you were senile. Who did this to you? Lmao.
You need drugs that inhibit mental retardation. here's a monkey tho.

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Splinz(m): 3:38pm On May 07, 2016
Amberon:
Oh! I remember you! The mouthpiece of Joseph Prince. The very rude fellow who insults anyone with conflicting views. I hope you've changed.

1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin , we deceive ourselves , and the truth is not in us.

1 John 1: 9 If we confess our sins , He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned , we make Him a liar , and His word is not in us.

Are you in any calling GOD a liar sir? Did I write the verses below? are they not in your bible?

1 Cortinthians 6: 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators , nor idolaters , nor adulterers , nor homosexuals , nor sodomites ,

You are very erroneous for saying otherwise. Even Jesus said Narrow is the way. Jesus himself said all those who practice the above will be eternally damned, so who are you to say otherwise? are you God? or are you Heaven's gatekeeper?

I'll leave you with this

Hebrews 12:
14 Pursue peace with all people , and holiness , without which no one will see the Lord:

These people are very economical with the truth, as they always distort the truth of the bible to suit their beliefs, and avoid other views that doesn't support them. "See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ", the Apostle Paul warned, (Colossians 2:cool. Ask why God could do away with his perfect, righteous, holy and good Laws, and you'll never get an answer. Could God have done away with what expresses His qualities that He may bring forth exactly what, the opposite?

"You leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men." And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God, in order to keep your tradition", Jesus retorted, (Mark 7:8-9). What an indicting statement against the transgressors! Here is a damning verdict on these people, "In vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men", verse 7. I tell you, anyone who's serious about salvation will certainly think twice about these statements of the Lord.

They believed that once you confessed the Lord and accept Him as your Lord and savior, then you're automatically saved, no matter what happens afterward. But I believed that I'll only be saved if I endures and overcomes to the end, (Matthew 10:22, 24:13, Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26, 3:5, 12, 21).
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Lordgel: 7:49pm On May 07, 2016
Can a christian backslide? And can you explain Matthew 7:21?
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

Thank u so much. Now we can assume how large d number of errors in d bible would be due to ignorance and lack of exposure
pls tell me some of these errors in d bible
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
Lordgel:
Can a christian backslide? And can you explain Matthew 7:21?
christian backslide, yes...
Abt matthew 7v21: not all those who call lord will make even; this is true because there are so many fake pastors who use d name of Jesus for performing miracles but they are nothing but agents of d devil

1 Like

Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 6:03am On Oct 22, 2016
Grace means an unmerited favour of God. It is not worked for, rather, it is a GIFT.

First of all, the reason why the grace of God was offered to us was because no one has the ability to live a sinless perfect life. NO ONE! Grace was given because we are naturally, morally POWERLESS to stop sinning and as well condemned eternally.

No matter, how any preacher who preaches that the heretic gospel of sinless perfection looks like, let it be settled in your heart that he is guilty of what he is preaching. Even moses, samson, david, paul and even peter, who blew it a BIG time, they were NOT sinless perfect. Sinless perfection(works) is NOT a requirement for eternal life, rather FAITH IN GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS is the ONLY requirement for eternal life. Nothing else!

I know that you have heard people who have told you to live a sinless perfect life to go to heaven. This is the greatest LIE of all times against the gospel of Jesus. But, the gospel truth BEFORE GOD AND MAN, is that those preachers were NEVER, is NOT and can NEVER be sinless perfect. Don't be deceived!

The gospel of Jesus(grace) is not a call to duty, is not a call to change the wrong and always deceive yourself as mr right, is not a call to do this and keep away from this. It is a GOOD NEWS to BELIEVE that Jesus never suffered at the cross in vain. A GOOD NEWS TO BELIEVE that Jesus has suffered the punishment of your eternal sins so that you can have PEACE with God. A GOOD NEWS, that Jesus died and went to hell for 3days for your eternal sins, so that NOT EVEN SIN can take you there. Only if you can believe the work he did in your place. It was you that suppose to die and go to hell but he did it WILLINGLY for you.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 6:07am On Oct 22, 2016
If you are expecting sinless perfection by works of righteousness, then you will not find that, but will only end up condemning yourself, living in a deadly SIN-CONSCIOUSNESS, uncertainty of your salvation, constant prayer of forgiveness and worst of all FEAR OF HELL.

Now, before I go in details what grace is all about, I will like to give you a picture of what it looks like. And that boils down to our sinful nature and what happened at the cross.

When we were left to die and take the PUNISHMENT for our Past, present and future sins(ETERNAL SINS), which is eternal death in hell, Jesus decided to come. And guess what he did? I imagine him quoting rom 6:23; that the WAGES of our past, present and future sin is death but the FREE GIFT of God is ETERNAL LIFE. He now said; "okay I am going to pay for ALL the wages of your ETERNAL SINS, so that you can have access to the FREE GIFT of God, not withstanding sin". He said; "though you MERIT to REAP eternal death, but this time around, the law of sow and reap is not going to function again, because all the bad you have sowed, sowing and will ever sow, is what I am about to reap, so that I can give you eternal righteousness, eternal justification, eternal redemption, eternal holiness. Finally, he took our death and WILFULLY laid it on himself, and gave us his life. This is what is called GRACE. How dare you say you merit such love? Of course, you wouldn't say that, because it is really an UNMERITED favour.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were YET SINNERS(lairs, murderers, fornicators, idolators) , christ died for us.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 6:14am On Oct 22, 2016
The punishment of the eternal sins of a world without end, which christ suffered can NEVER be of any effect to people who think that they can HYPOCRITICALLY STRIVE TO LOOK sinless perfect before men, rather christ died for us, HELPLESS and POWERLESS SINNERS, when we were not even trying to look righteous. We were absolute sinners, when he died!

Now, why are we sinners? We are NOT sinners because we commit sin. We are sinners because of what adam DID TO US ETERNALLY. Very terrible! Before you EVER committed your first sin, you were ALREADY a sinner. YOU WERE ETERNALLY BORN A SINNER, BECAUSE IT WAS IMPUTED ON YOU WITH NO WORKS FOR THE SAKE OF WHAT ADAM DID. Why, but I have not sinned at that time? Yes, that's exactly the problem.

Rom 5:12;" Therefore, just as sin came into the world THROUGH ONE MAN, and death through sin, and so death spread to ALL men because ALL SINNED". That is to say, that sin entered through one man, Adam, and it was imputed unto all men WITH NO WORKS.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 6:18am On Oct 22, 2016
When we were sinners, we were so WRETCHED, GUILTY, CAPTIVATED, and SO POWERLESS to deliver ourselves. Imagine that we had a salvation bank account and in our account we were not having zero rather, we were having "minus", OWING.

Now, in that position, we were fornicators, criminals, lairs, idolators and so on, who COULDN'T help themselves. God through his son, Jesus, decided to save humanity, by taking our ETERNAL PUNISHMENT.

You know that when someone is being kidnapped and is about to be liberated, usually a RANSOM must be rendered before the kidnapped can be liberated. We were kidnapped by the devil, and for God to save us, he has to offer a RANSOM.

And the ransom must be a man because it was a man,adam, that lost everything, who will take on himself the ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of others. At this point, God searched among the people but couldn't find one without sin, who could carry out this mission, because, we ALL were in the same bondage, nobody had the power to deliver himself let alone delivering others.

So God decided to come by himself in the likeness of man, in the person of Jesus. But how sure are we that Jesus is really God? Isaiah 9:6"For to us a Child shall be born, to us a Son shall be given; And the government shall be upon His shoulder, And His name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLATING FATHER, Prince of Peace."

Jesus didn't pay for our sins, he, himself, IS THE PAYMENT FOR SIN. Glory!!!!

When he came, he saw that ALL MEN were already condemned to death because of sin, he decided to take our place.
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 6:20am On Oct 22, 2016
At times, when preachers tell people about the message of the cross, they normally stop at the last paragraph. But, what happen there was not JUST what I wrote there.

To make you understand grace more, I have to break down the death of jesus here.

Note: the wages of sin is not ordinary death, rather death in hell(spiritual)

We were NOT forgiven because we were sorry for our sinful nature, or because we decided to be TRYING to live well or because of our prayer of forgiveness, these things does NOT WASH your sins away. We were forgiven because somebody decided to take the punishment of our eternal sins.

If a criminal is tried in a law court, proven guilty and condemned to death sentence. No matter how the criminal cries, begs, ask for forgiveness, it doesn't change the case. One thing that is certain is that JUSTICE must be done to the CRIME committed. The ONLY solution that can make the criminal to be forgiven, is that somebody WILLINGLY offered himself, to take up the punishment of the criminal, by being sentenced to death IN PLACE of the criminal. That's what happened in our case, but Jesus shed his blood for the forgiveness of our sins.

Stay in grace
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by frubben(m): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2016
promise101:

Yea sis, it might not look good that way, but I have to do it for some reasons.

If you have argued with some atheists on NL, you will know that this thread will be turned into something else, if I had started arguing with him on the reasons to believe in God.

That would really derail this thread, and I wouldn't like that, because I am here on a specific mission, which is to let people understand the gospel of grace the more in a clearer way.

If you don't like it, I am sorry. But, that's the best thing for now.

Thank you.

Lead and argument is different. U choose to argue with them. Because dey argue always that does not stop u from still teaching them
Re: A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. by promise101: 6:46am On Oct 22, 2016
frubben:

Lead and argument is different. U choose to argue with them. Because dey argue always that does not stop u from still teaching them
Of course, it does not.

That's why I will rekindle my grace evangelism again by God's grace, because it is for everybody. Both to the christians, muslims, atheists, unbelievers and agnostics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Most Christians Commit Fornication & Adultery?. / Confession Of A Former Santeria Secret Society Cult Member In Nigeria, Chuku Dal / Winners Chapel Theme For Shiloh 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 343
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.