Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (214089 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 6:34am On Jan 11, 2018
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION...
CURIORITY and DARING TO QUESTION GOD

The christian God is regarded as a FATHER NOT a SLAVE MASTER.
I took God as my father. I discuss anything and everything with him. He was a friend I loved so much. We had a one on one relationship.
This meant I could ask God any question
I am a practical person, I don't just hear the word, I do the word.
People in the bible had chats with God and He is my father and friend so why should I not ask God questions and why should he not answer?
So ask God sincere questions

1. My Number one problem: We are to preach to all nations and make sure people don't perish
I and many christians I know were trying our absolute best to depopulate hell as fast as possible. To make sure people don't just hear the word BUT they actually get saved.
Someone asked why I pray for at least 12hours. It was because of the burden I carried. The burden of soul winning. It was terrifying that many were going to end up in hell and burn forever! if you are a christian and you believe people will end up in hell and you don't preach and try to win souls everyday YOU ARE WORSE THAN BOKO HARAM. FACT!
How can you have peace of mind and sleep at night knowing you hold the secret to eternal life in your hands and you are comfortable? How dear you buy luxuries when you can put that money into soul winning? How can you be asking God for more money, when you should pick up your bag and preach. How can you be asking God to pick up your call so you too can drive Range Rover?
It started becoming apparent that even God was a wicked God. Why?

-so he is all loving, loves humanity more than any man could ever love another man. More than an earthly father would love his son. YET God would let people perish in hell for even telling a lie no matter why you tell the lie or how small it is?

- so the best a God can do is to send humans to preach His word?

Oh wait! Seems you don't understand Jesus died in Jerusalem for the sins of the WHOLE world and If anyone dies without christ he was going to end in Hell. Wait! Do you know how many People would have died in Africa, South America, Australia, China, India, europe, before the Gospel reached them? Do you know how many people die per day?

So all these people will go to hell? The clever answer will be NO, the won't go to hell because they did not know. Oh! So if they won't go to hell because they were ignorant, why preach the gospel to them and make them informed and now if they die with the tiniest of sin without christ they end in hell. Why not leave them ignorant so their souls can be saved based on their ignorance.

How long did it take for the gospel of christ to reach the whole world? Is god truely the God of the whole world or of Jews?

It did not just add up.
This whole gospel thing started to crumble the more I thought of it.

That is just a tip of the questions I began to ask God. Of course he had no answer. The same God that reveals other peoples issues to me could not answer this.

continued here: https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian/17#45231153

Good morning Bro,

I don't quite agree with the parts of your quote I bolded in red...and I'll tell you why;

For example, if you were a twin born to a woman in Calabar before the advent of Christianity... I guess leaving the ignorance inherent in those traditions would mean that you and other twins would be killed in the name of tradition!

Can your soul be saved by such ignorance? I wonder how the simple message of truth and unconditional love preached by Jesus is now a burden as opposed to such a kind of barbaric tradition in full support of such ignorance

I can give you more examples of the ignorance you want to support if you want me to...

THIS IS NOT IN ANYWAY SUPPORTING THE PERVERTED BRAND OF PENTECOSTAL CHRISTIANITY (another useless religion created from the TRUTH) YOU STARTED WITH

The formula is simple, stick to the teachings of Jesus rather than the doctrines of men.
Seek the TRUTH and live by it...

Religion is just another tool of deception...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Dnockeror333(m): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
adextetoo:
hmmm brother you may not have the opportunity to choose where you will be born or which religion you will be born into but you have the opportunity to choose and decide which way is right or wrong it all boils down to choice. I am not criticising you but maybe we are wrong in one of our choice or assumption but am sure my biological father's story will help you greatly just that you need to complete your story before I say mine

Are you going to continue on this thread or on a newer thread? Of on a newer thread, whats the topical name?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Dnockeror333(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
OgundeleT:
alaye tesiwaju mo n gbadun e baje baje.

Ati emi naw gongon, alaroye loje gan...!

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by omonnakoda: 11:47am On Jan 14, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Good morning Bro,

I don't quite agree with the parts of your quote I bolded in red...and I'll tell you why;

For example, if you were a twin born to a woman in Calabar before the advent of Christianity... I guess leaving the ignorance inherent in those traditions would mean that you and other twins would be killed in the name of tradition!

Can your soul be saved by such ignorance? I wonder how the simple message of truth and unconditional love preached by Jesus is now a burden as opposed to such a kind of barbaric tradition in full support of such ignorance

I can give you more examples of the ignorance you want to support if you want me to...

THIS IS NOT IN ANYWAY SUPPORTING THE PERVERTED BRAND OF PENTECOSTAL CHRISTIANITY (another useless religion created from the TRUTH) YOU STARTED WITH

The formula is simple, stick to the teachings of Jesus rather than the doctrines of men.
Seek the TRUTH and live by it...

Religion is just another tool of deception...
what does Christianity have to do with stopping killing of twins in Calabar?
Please do not distort history or logic.
Not every good or bad thing done by a Christian has anything to do with Christian doctrine.
Why not claim credit for the Transatlantic slave trade , Apartheid in South Africa or the Nazi Holocaust for Christianity?
Was the killing of twins happening in Kano?
That was just ignorance. There is still a lot of ignorance despite the spread of Christianity and indeed pentecostal Christianity has brought a lot of of ignorant teachings and superstition like spirit wife ,stolen destiny and children witches. Did we not see Oyedepo slap a child for allegedly being a witch
You cannot falsely claim credit for Christianity for things because Christians are involved but then refuse to take blame for other things Christians do
Christian teaching is totally silent on child killing but very clear that people should not circumcise unless they follow the whole law.

Why do Nigerian Christians circumcise their children?

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2018
omonnakoda:
what does Christianity have to do with stopping killing of twins in Calabar?
Please do not distort history or logic.
Not every good or bad thing done by a Christian has anything to do with Christian doctrine.
Why not claim credit for the Transatlantic slave trade , Apartheid in South Africa or the Nazi Holocaust for Christianity?
Was the killing of twins happening in Kano?
That was just ignorance. There is still a lot of ignorance despite the spread of Christianity and indeed pentecostal Christianity has brought a lot of of ignorant teachings and superstition like spirit wife ,stolen destiny and children witches. Did we not see Oyedepo slap a child for allegedly being a witch
You cannot falsely claim credit for Christianity for things because Christians are involved but then refuse to take blame for other things Christians do
Christian teaching is totally silent on child killing but very clear that people should not circumcise unless they follow the whole law.

Why do Nigerian Christians circumcise their children?

It is not the Christianity that makes people do horrible things...it is the actions of people that makes them horrible...

For how long would God be blamed for the actions of men?

If you kill someone with a gun despite having a conscience telling you not to...should God be blamed?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
OkaiCorne:

It is not the Christianity that makes people do horrible things...it is the actions of people that makes them horrible...

If you kill someone with a gun despite having a conscience telling you not to...should God be blamed?
Have you seen this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3411190/2-year-old-daughter-got

Tell me why God is so useless here
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
HardMirror:

Have you seen this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3411190/2-year-old-daughter-got

Tell me why God is so useless here

Let me get this straight...so you expect God who is obviously not an idle Being to be blamed for Mukaila's decision borne out of his (Mukaila's) freewill?

You expect God to thunder down from the Heavens and strike a rapist who has a conscience and knowledge of right from wrong abi?

Infact God should be held responsible for the rapist's immaturity and perverted nature...

As for the poor 2 year old girl raped...her case is very very unfortunate...she got what she never ever bargained for or deserved...but then that's the "organized chaos" that comes with life as a result of people's evil decisions...

I'm still figuring out why God should be held responsible for an evil man's actions...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Let me get this straight...so you expect God who is obviously not an idle Being to be blamed for Mukaila's decision borne out of his (Mukaila's) freewill?

You expect God to thunder down from the Heavens and strike a rapist who has a conscience and knowledge of right from wrong abi?

Infact God should be held responsible for the rapist's immaturity and perverted nature...

As for the poor 2 year old girl raped...her case is very very unfortunate...she got what she never ever bargained for or deserved...but then that's the "organized chaos" that comes with life as a result of people's evil decisions...

I'm still figuring out why God should be held responsible for an evil man's actions...
Oh!

Then on what is all the testimonies christians give based? Is it not on the goodness of god and god's intervention?
Yet god never intervenes when it matters

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
HardMirror:

Oh!

Then on what is all the testimonies christians give based? Is it not on the goodness of god and god's intervention?
Yet god never intervenes when it matters

If it makes sense using the mental capacity of an ant (Man) to understand the ways of a Human being (God)...then you might be making sense...

But since it's absurd to do so, then I suggest you respect the limitations set on our hindsight and foresight as you or I can never know in exact details what the distant past is (e.g. how the universe came to be) or what the distant future would be like in accurate details (e.g. how life on Earth would end...or when the sun would implode and turn into a dwarf or something like that they call dying stars in science).

Only the Eternal Creator knows the different actions and inactions of the properties of the universe that would lead into one of the numerous possibilities (outcomes) in crystallizing into the final answer. If you understand how decision tree OR node programming works...you'll get what I just stated here

I will be sincere with you...I do not know why God decided not to tear down the heavens and kill the rapist or send a human angel to intervene.
I am not God Almighty, so I won't speak for Him on this matter... but I know one funny thing about this world.

Life has a way of giving man certain treasures through misfortunes (including horrible and ugly one like this girl and her family)...but it comes down to how we make the best out of our horrible moments like JOB did...

In addition, whether God intervenes or not...He will still be blamed for life's misfortunes by atheists and anti-god people...

Consider the Hitler example. If Hitler died in WW1...God would still be blamed for allowing this young man to die. If Hitler was admitted into an art school to pursue his life long ambition in painting..perhaps...WW2 wouldn't have happened...

Now that Hitler's life was spared...through his conscious decisions.. he formed the Nazi party, and the Reichstag...made himself the Kaiser (King and Supreme Authority of Germany)...and led the world to another war which consumed millions...YET GOD WAS BLAMED.

IF ONLY THE DEVIL AND HUMANS CAN TAKE A FAIR SHARE OF THE BLAME TOO... I think it's gonna be fair enough...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
OkaiCorne:

if you agree that it is not Christianity that makes people do horrible things and blame these actions on the people themselves. why cant u accept that it is also not christianity that make people do lovely things.

this is what we have been saying all these while... with or without christianity, good people will be good and bad people will be bad.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2018
frank317:

if you agree that it is not Christianity that makes people do horrible things and blame these actions on the people themselves. why cant u accept that it is also not christianity that make people do lovely things.

this is what we have been saying all these while... with or without christianity, good people will be good and bad people will be bad.

Per the bolded...I totally agree with you on this.

Forget all the religious tags...

A good person is someone who knows the TRUTH...and lives by it to the benefit of his self and community (i.e. LOVE)...A bad person is the opposite.

Before Christianity existed...there were good and bad people...

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Per the bolded...I totally agree with you on this.

Forget all the religious tags...

A good person is someone who knows the TRUTH...and lives by it to the benefit of his self and community (i.e. LOVE)...A bad person is the opposite.

Before Christianity existed...there were good and bad people...

good... what then is Gods function on this earth

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
frank317:

Applause!!!!!
See their double standards
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
OkaiCorne:

If it makes sense using the mental capacity of an ant (Man) to understand the ways of a Human being (God)...then you might be making sense...

But since it's absurd to do so, then I suggest you respect the limitations set on our hindsight and foresight as you or I can never know in exact details what the distant past is (e.g. how the universe came to be) or what the distant future would be like in accurate details (e.g. how life on Earth would end...or when the sun would implode and turn into a dwarf or something like that they call dying stars in science).

Only the Eternal Creator knows the different actions and inactions of the properties of the universe that would lead into one of the numerous possibilities (outcomes) in crystallizing into the final answer. If you understand how decision tree OR node programming works...you'll get what I just stated here

I will be sincere with you...I do not know why God decided not to tear down the heavens and kill the rapist or send a human angel to intervene.
I am not God Almighty, so I won't speak for Him on this matter... but I know one funny thing about this world.

Life has a way of giving man certain treasures through misfortunes (including horrible and ugly one like this girl and her family)...but it comes down to how we make the best out of our horrible moments like JOB did...

In addition, whether God intervenes or not...He will still be blamed for life's misfortunes by atheists and anti-god people...

Consider the Hitler example. If Hitler died in WW1...God would still be blamed for allowing this young man to die. If Hitler was admitted into an art school to pursue his life long ambition in painting..perhaps...WW2 wouldn't have happened...

Now that Hitler's life was spared...through his conscious decisions.. he formed the Nazi party, and the Reichstag...made himself the Kaiser (King and Supreme Authority of Germany)...and led the world to another war which consumed millions...YET GOD WAS BLAMED.

IF ONLY THE DEVIL AND HUMANS CAN TAKE A FAIR SHARE OF THE BLAME TOO... I think it's gonna be fair enough...
Excuses for god as usual.
Lets just say your good god does not exist, since you humans always have to speak for god.

As if the devil and humans dont get blamed more than god already...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by omonnakoda: 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2018
OkaiCorne:

By the same logic do not claim Christianity makes people do good things.
Learn basic logic
Learn how to reason
If you cannot claim A how can you claim B?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
omonnakoda:

By the same logic do not claim Christianity makes people do good things.
Learn basic logic
Learn how to reason
If you cannot claim A how can you claim B?

And how are you sure you aren't the one misunderstanding me?

Do I seem like someone who's living a religious life?

Bro...religion is a fake substitute for something even more tangible...

Besides...kindly break it down for a humble student like me sir (no sarcasm intended)...what's A and B?

So we can have our common sense discussion...

In all honesty...I find it interesting discussing with people who are into reasoning and insight...rather than blind faith 247...

so don't see it as a theist vs atheist/agnostic fight. I want to learn stuffs from you. I know I have at least one lesson to learn here

Per the bolded...just to be sure I got you right...are you referring to what I said about the impact of Christianity in Africa? Well...Christianity brought the good, the bad and the terribly ugly to Africa...but then, you have good people and bad people bearing Christians in name...

The question you should ask them is...who amongst the Christians are Christ-like in terms of compassion...and having actions to validate this compassion....This ain't limited to Christianity or religion in general...

Afterall...I keep asking people for the religion God belongs to...and they say NONE...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
HardMirror:

Excuses for god as usual.
Lets just say your good god does not exist, since you humans always have to speak for god.

As if the devil and humans dont get blamed more than god already...

I guess you know God more than God knows himself. That is if He is even exist to you... or perhaps, you're tired of hearing people blame the Devil and themselves...so you want to try something different...

Stop wasting your time on something YOU THINK does not exist... Let the TRUTH continue to guide you (if you're open minded)...you'll attain higher maturity milestones...and some of life's answers you don't have today...will definitely come up later...

EVEN I DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING...AND I'M STILL ASKING QUESTIONS.

Keep on asking questions...don't stop till you get an answer. If I can't give you the answer...someone or nature or the simple things we overlook in life will do that...

Cheers

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2018
frank317:

Permit me to substitute "God" with Eternal Creator

The Eternal Creator is not limited to Earth alone...think of the vastness of the universe...

Anyways...see the Eternal Creator as the operating software that ensures the system (earth, countless planets out there being created, growing, decaying/destroyed e.t.c and the Universe in general)...works...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
HardMirror:

Applause!!!!!
See their double standards

Whose double standards sir...

Kindly clarify...while I go over the comments to see what I information I might have passed across erroneously...

Please break it down and identify the flaw(s).

Thanks
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Whose double standards sir...

Kindly clarify...while I go over the comments to see what I information I might have passed across erroneously...

Please break it down and identify the flaw(s).

Thanks

The double standards is when you praise god for some supposedly good stuff but fail to blame him for the bad stuff.

OkaiCorne:

I guess you know God more than God knows himself. That is if He is even exist to you...

This is a classic. A get out of jail free card. The Mystery of God. It never gets old. if you are going to claim that God is too mysterious for the human brain to grasp then why, oh why, do you continue to talk of him as if he is your next door neighbour that you know so well? It's either that God is in control and therefore is the ultimate responsibility for what happens, good or bad, or he doesn't play a part at all.

frank317:

Hence the brilliance of this question. What does God actually do? Of what use is he?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by MuttleyLaff: 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
frank317:
To have an influence on earth
To be an influence for the good on earth

PastorAIO:
Hence the brilliance of this question.
What does God actually do?
Exert positive force and influence(s)

PastorAIO:
Of what use is He?
Serves/ing as a source of influence
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
PastorAIO:

The double standards is when you praise god for some supposedly good stuff but fail to blame him for the bad stuff.

This is a classic. A get out of jail free card. The Mystery of God. It never gets old. if you are going to claim that God is too mysterious for the human brain to grasp then why, oh why, do you continue to talk of him as if he is your next door neighbour that you know so well? It's either that God is in control and therefore is the ultimate responsibility for what happens, good or bad, or he doesn't play a part at all.

Hence the brilliance of this question. What does God actually do? Of what use is he?

"God" is still God, circumstances change, people change...but He never changes.

In the good times and bad times He remains the same.

What I cannot fathom is how God should be blamed for the actions of men (I am not referring to circumstances beyond the choice or control of men) per the story the OP directed me to...

For example, if Hitler died in WW1...God would have taken the blame for that...now that Hitler survived and instigated WW2...God should equally be blamed...

Infact head or tail...God must be blamed for everything bad...isn't it?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
OkaiCorne:

"God" is still God, circumstances change, people change...but He never changes.

This has nothing to do with what is being discussed. How do you even know that God never changes when you also say that your ant brain cannot understand him? You see what I mean about talking about god in such familiar tones yet claiming he is unknowable.

In the good times and bad times He remains the same.

What I cannot fathom is how God should be blamed for the actions of men (I am not referring to circumstances beyond the choice or control of men) per the story the OP directed me to...

Yet when the actions of men produce some favourable result, like, for example, victory in war, then the glory and praise all goes to God. The issue is whether or not Man is a capable agent of his destiny or whether God must add his own:

Proverbs 21:31English Standard Version (ESV)

The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but the victory belongs to the Lord.

For example, if Hitler died in WW1...God would have taken the blame for that...now that Hitler survived and instigated WW2...God should equally be blamed...

Infact head or tail...God must be blamed for everything bad...isn't it?

You're missing the point completely. Nobody is saying that God should be blamed for everything bad.

The point is that if God is to be credited for Good things that happen then why isn't he blamed for bad things that happen. If you don't want to blame God for bad things then you should keep shush about his causing good things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 5:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
PastorAIO:

This has nothing to do with what is being discussed. How do you even know that God never changes when you also say that your ant brain cannot understand him? You see what I mean about talking about god in such familiar tones yet claiming he is unknowable.

Yet when the actions of men produce some favourable result, like, for example, victory in war, then the glory and praise all goes to God. The issue is whether or not Man is a capable agent of his destiny or whether God must add his own:

Proverbs 21:31English Standard Version (ESV)

The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but the victory belongs to the Lord.

You're missing the point completely. Nobody is saying that God should be blamed for everything bad.

The point is that if God is to be credited for Good things that happen then why isn't he blamed for bad things that happen. If you don't want to blame God for bad things then you should keep shush about his causing good things.

You might do well to read the book of Ecclesiastes. The book sounds depressing somewhat...but gives a realistic perception on life and how good or bad events should be handled.

On a general note, the Eternal Creator has set the rules for this realm of existence to function...and I (my perspective) do not see the need why He should intervene frequently to favor or influence circumstances all the time.

Periodic intervention by way of miracles or even disasters (I'm giving a holistic perspective of good and bad events here) are acceptable BUT NOT frequent interventions.

Crediting all things good or bad to God alone is a faulty perspective. Everyone has their roles to play for whatever the outcome of their choice brings to them...

Cheers
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
OkaiCorne:

You might do well to read the book of Ecclesiastes. The book sounds depressing somewhat...but gives a realistic perception on life and how good or bad events should be handled.

On a general note, the Eternal Creator has set the rules for this realm of existence to function...and I (my perspective) do not see the need why He should intervene frequently to favor or influence circumstances all the time.

Periodic intervention by way of miracles or even disasters (I'm giving a holistic perspective of good and bad events here) are acceptable BUT NOT frequent interventions.

Crediting all things good or bad to God alone is a faulty perspective. Everyone has their roles to play for whatever the outcome of their choice brings to them...

Cheers

Mr Man, nobody asked you for book recommendations. We are talking about what part God plays in the affairs of the world. Does he influence outcomes to be good? Does he influence outcomes to be evil? What does he do? Or as someone else put it, What is his function?

If you are saying that he does not play a part then why do you bother to appeal to him. Why do you pray? Do you pray everyday?

Does daily prayer tally with your belief that if God can be bothered it is only for 'not frequent interventions'?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
PastorAIO:

Mr Man, nobody asked you for book recommendations. We are talking about what part God plays in the affairs of the world. Does he influence outcomes to be good? Does he influence outcomes to be evil? What does he do? Or as someone else put it, What is his function?

If you are saying that he does not play a part then why do you bother to appeal to him. Why do you pray? Do you pray everyday?

Does daily prayer tally with your belief that if God can be bothered it is only for 'not frequent interventions'?

Let's be clear...per the bolded, are we fighting or are we having a discussion here?

By the way, I have stated in my previous post that the Eternal Creator has set the rules required for this realm of existence to function...and He intervenes when He deems fit...I hope you saw that in my previous post.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Let's be clear...per the bolded, are we fighting or are we having a discussion here?

By the way, I have stated in my previous post that the Eternal Creator has set the rules required for this realm of existence to function...and He intervenes when He deems fit...I hope you saw that in my previous post.

I beg your pardon. I was feeling a bit irritated and I snapped. I apologize.

I wonder why you have not addressed any of the points that I've made. Perhaps there is a connection with Ecclesiastes. Where does Ecclesiastes explain how God interacts with the affairs of man to create Good and fight Evil?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
PastorAIO:

There are several reasons people pray...and one of these is divine intervention in matters beyond an individual's control or mental capacity.

However, only a fool prays to God for miracles over things that can be solved within their own capacity.

Other reasons people pray (communicate) to God is to give thanks, ask for direction on seemingly confusing matters e.t.c.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
PastorAIO:

I wonder why you have not addressed any of the points that I've made. Perhaps there is a connection with Ecclesiastes. Where does Ecclesiastes explain how God interacts with the affairs of man to create Good and fight Evil?

No probs bro...

I'm not the type to bore you with details. I would have loved to give you a 9 minute summary which paints out the big picture of what the book is about...

My only fear is I might be banned by the mods...but lemme risk it.

Check out these videos if you're chanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrsQ1tc-2wk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeUiuSK81-0
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
PastorAIO:

Spare a few minutes watching those interactive audio-visual materials. They show the big picture to what the book of Ecclesiastes is about...

Posting bible verses here would create unnecessary back and forth and make the discussion boring to ourselves and everyone...

After watching those clips, you can read up Ecclesiastes in your personal time...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Spare a few minutes watching those interactive audio-visual materials. They show the big picture to what the book of Ecclesiastes is about...

Posting bible verses here would create unnecessary back and forth and make the discussion boring to ourselves and everyone...

After watching those clips, you can read up Ecclesiastes in your personal time...

I've watched the videos and they have not addressed what we are talking about. We are talking about God influencing events here on earth, or good or ill.

Ecclesiastes talks about the ephemerality of life.

If anything Ecclesiastes actually contradicts your position.

You say:

OkaiCorne:

While the book of Ecclesiastes 9:11

The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

Chance is the opposite of 'set rules'.

So while Eccles says life's events are just random, you are saying that God does not impinge on human events at whim but things run by fixed laws.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OkaiCorne(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
PastorAIO:

I've watched the videos and they have not addressed what we are talking about. We are talking about God influencing events here on earth, or good or ill.

Ecclesiastes talks about the ephemerality of life.

If anything Ecclesiastes actually contradicts your position.

You say:

While the book of Ecclesiastes 9:11

The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

Chance is the opposite of 'set rules'.

So while Eccles says life's events are just random, you are saying that God does not impinge on human events at whim but things run by fixed laws.

Very good, now we can start discussing.

Life's events results from what I term organized chaos which considers the following;

1) Rule of time - this is fixed at 24 hours in a day by the Eternal Creator based on the fact that the earth rotates on it's axis while revolving around the sun
2) Rule of Seasons - Winter, Fall, Summer, Rainy season, Harmattan e.t.c.
3) Rule of decisions - this relates to decisions made by you and the timing of when the choice(s) is made, which plays a very key role in the outcome of your choice.
4) Rule of Others' decisions - this relates to how the choice and actions of others also affects you. This may or may not be influenced by you
5) The Unknown - Events beyond your control and that of others e.g. natural disasters, miracles...e.t.c.

Focus on these 5 major variables. The 5th variable more often than not is attributable to

a) Unpredictability of nature (nature is still a product of the Eternal Creator, although its current state has degenerated due to the actions of man e.g. nuclear poisoning, industrial and domestic pollutions e.t.c.)
b) Direct Intervention by the Eternal Creator (directly or through other supernatural entities created by Him)

The combination of these 5 factors (especially point 4 and 5) is responsible for the "ephemerality" and random outcomes of life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (90) (Reply)

The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.