Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (28251 Views)

Our Renovation Diary-lekki Scheme I (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / OUR RENOVATION Diary-platinum Row (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of Flats In Owerri (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by msogunro: 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
Memejem:
Please, can you speak on the difference in quality of efficiency between steel iron, stainless steel and wrought iron?

Iron is strong, but steel is stronger. Steel is iron mixed with other elements. Can't remember the exact elements now.

Stainless steel is steel mixed with chromium which is resistant to corrosion.

Wrought iron is just bended iron.

Iron is cheaper than steel, but is still very strong. For stainless steel, you're paying extra for shine and added strength. How strong do railings need to be? Iron is plenty strong for the job, and is not tacky or gaudy like shiny steel.

I'm only talking about staircase railings though.

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Memejem: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
Thanks so much for your fast and informative response.

But most burglary proofs are made from iron no? And they are outside withstanding the elements.they last a long time. For railings that will be protected I side a house I beleive iron is suitable. And the pictures skimanski has posted are very beautiful designs.

msogunro:

Iron is strong, but steel is stronger. Steel is iron mixed with other elements. Can't remember the exact elements now.

Stainless steel is steel mixed with chromium which is resistant to corrosion.

Wrought iron is just bended iron.

Iron is cheaper than steel, but is still very strong. For stainless steel, you're paying extra for shine and added strength. How strong do railings need to be? Iron is plenty strong for the job, and is not tacky or gaudy like shiny steel.

I'm only talking about staircase railings though.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by msogunro: 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Memejem:
Thanks so much for your fast and informative response.

But most burglary proofs are made from iron no? And they are outside withstanding the elements.they last a long time. For railings that will be protected I side a house I beleive iron is suitable. And the pictures skimanski has posted are very beautiful designs.

I agree that the pictures skimanski posted are beautiful. I also agree that iron is suitable for railings.

I'm not sure what the security bars are made of in Nigeria, but I know the U.S. most of them are iron and are then powder coated or painted to resist corrosion.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 6:31am On Jun 06, 2016
msogunro:

I agree that the pictures skimanski posted are beautiful. I also agree that iron is suitable for railings.

I'm not sure what the security bars are made of in Nigeria, but I know the U.S. most of them are iron and are then powder coated or painted to resist corrosion.

Security bars are mainly made of iron in Nigeria. Sometimes steel, but mainly iron, which is also coated to resist corrosion and archive desired finish.

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by sonety2k(m): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2016
cool
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
@ msogunro, as for the Stairs area that the railings was taken off, this is the current Situation before we install the Railins.

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
POP Works on dinning Area

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Final Wal Screed and private Lounge Tiling on First Floor Area

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Kitchen Tiling Works

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
Exploring the Idea of Ceiling Shower System in the Master's Bathroom Area.

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
The Shower head you see will be centralized in the Ceiling Part of the Shower Portion of the bathroom as Illustrated in the Sketch.

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
The Shower Head Which is 400mm x 400mm will Hopefully rain Water down in more quantity than our Conventionally sized Shower Heads. (Kindly do Disregard the PVC Pipe above as that is just in the Testing phase.

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
As we continue the Tiling of our Kitchen !!!

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Trying to Frame Up Living Room Deck so as to Ensure Straight Suspended Ceiling. Part of the Challenges with Renovation Projects. It requires High Level of Professionalism to get things right.

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
Guest W.C Tiling Works

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
Burglar Bar Installation on Master's

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Still on Living Room Deck

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Master's Bathroom Tiling Works Resumes

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by FastShipping: 4:32am On Jun 16, 2016
skimanski:
Master's Bathroom Tiling Works Resumes

Hey chief, I sent you two important emails. I beg help your boy out.

Thanks.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:00am On Jun 16, 2016
FastShipping:

Hey chief, I sent you two important emails. I beg help your boy out.

Thanks.

You got Chinenye,s number right? I have to get to the market next to get the second one. Because it's a road Side shop, and I just luckily stumbled on the tile. Give me today.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2016
Updates on Kitchen Wall

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by FastShipping: 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
skimanski:

You got Chinenye,s number right? I have to get to the market next to get the second one. Because it's a road Side shop, and I just luckily stumbled on the tile. Give me today.

Yes, sir. I already spoke to Chinenye.

Thanks you for your help.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
FastShipping:

Yes, sir. I already spoke to Chinenye.

Thanks you for your help.

Glad to be of assistance sir
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Updates on our Master's Bathroom

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
This Wall tile is like deceptive. Never Ever know if I should call it Black or Deep brown.

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by allCopacetic: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
The finishing finisher grin
Great work chief, this is more of a reinvention than a renovation . Your client's great taste is reflected in his budget, and your skills are doing justice to that.
Your design is very contemporary, You might find these LED and non LED fixtures of interest,
These outdoor lamps are contemporary italian fixtures, very high quality, not the regular die-cast kinds,they're alot more beautiful in person.
The indoor lamps are equally of quality finishes

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by allCopacetic: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2016

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Oga Skimanski,

Please what is the use of the stainless/Metal strip between the tiles in the master bedroom?
Thanks.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
allCopacetic:
The finishing finisher grin
Great work chief, this is more of a reinvention than a renovation . Your client's great taste is reflected in his budget, and your skills are doing justice to that.
Your design is very contemporary, You might find these LED and non LED fixtures of interest,
These outdoor lamps are contemporary italian fixtures, very high quality, not the regular die-cast kinds,they're alot more beautiful in person.
The indoor lamps are equally of quality finishes

AllCopacetic. I like your fixtures. I think you office is worth visiting oo!!
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
vicol:
Oga Skimanski,

Please what is the use of the stainless/Metal strip between the tiles in the master bedroom?
Thanks.

For aesthetic purpose in General. It gives the tiles this Sophisticated feel as against not using it. Also it help as a point of transformation from one tile design to the other.

2 Likes

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by allCopacetic: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
skimanski:

AllCopacetic. I like your fixtures. I think you office is worth visiting oo!!
I sabi your taste Chief , well well..... i got you covered!! cool , we look forward to your business
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thanks for your response.
Please what name is it called and where&how much can it be found?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria / Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed / People Run While A Building Collapses (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.