Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (28215 Views)

Our Renovation Diary-lekki Scheme I (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / OUR RENOVATION Diary-platinum Row (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of Flats In Owerri (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by FOSHITO: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
@Egunmogaji. I think you need to know that @Skimanski is no longer the same builder we admired years ago. Yes, he delivered quality pictures and progress, hence the reason I went with him.
Since then, @Skimanski has morphed into a typical Nigerian builder, who will not return calls or take action when things go wrong. I have been chasing him now daily for 2 months and he is yet to respond with a site visit or a solution. Instead he said because I have not built my house that is why the fence is collapsing - What a dumb talk for a professional.
However, once I told him I will put all our communication online including the work he did, his response was I took your money and did your job and if that makes me sleep well at night I should go ahead and share the information - What an utter unprofessional response.
Obviously I did not want it to get to this extent, but at the same time, I am sure no one wants a builder with such an attitude. So please be aware, particularly diaspora's, he will take your money(he is not cheap) do a job (very low quality, especially when you are not around) and will not be there to fix things when something goes wrong thereafter.
TBH - I really did not want it to get to this extent, but I have no choice but to let others know based on his lack of response.
I have enough information and evidence to share with you all if this matter is not resolved soon. Perhaps you will all fully understand once you have the full context. I just wish after posting this, we can get the matter resolved and I can delete my post.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by EgunMogaji2: 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
@Foshito wow sorry to hear this cry I’m hopeful that you’ll both be able to sort this out.

I know how hurtful this can be.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by FOSHITO: 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2021
I really hope so too, but I do not think so as I have been so patient for 2 months.
I just cannot continue to call him several times a day without an answer.
It shows lack of respect, professionalism and care regarding clients.
Bro. I am utterly disappointed with him. No words can explain the level of disappointment, especially from a man that is highly regarded by most on this forum to deliver quality and good relationship. What a shame to let us get to this stage.

1 Like

Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by diehard(m): 7:46am On Nov 03, 2021
FOSHITO:
I really hope so too, but I do not think so as I have been so patient for 2 months.
I just cannot continue to call him several times a day without an answer.
It shows lack of respect, professionalism and care regarding clients.
Bro. I am utterly disappointed with him. No words can explain the level of disappointment, especially from a man that is highly regarded by most on this forum to deliver quality and good relationship. What a shame to let us get to this stage.

Don't bother to place your hope on him cos I went through worse things from him. I'm still replacing some low quality stuff he bought when I gave him money for top quality.
Count your loss and move on to fix your house by yourself. If you have the time to prosecute for breach of contract then go ahead
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by diehard(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2021
My greatest pain from him is not even my own project but a friend's own that I recommended him for the project. Now the couple has spent more than 10mil to do things he was paid for. He doesn't pick up calls nor does he show up.

Another friend's drawing that was paid in full for several months has not been delivered. We've called him continuously for a month now. The guy is ready to proceed with the work. I've advised him.
about Skimanski attitude

I know he will soon come online to use lies to counter all these things. I have been on this road before.

Karma is real and it will catch up with him cos whatsoever a man sows that he will reap.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by EgunMogaji2: 8:18am On Nov 03, 2021
Wow (I know I'm sounding like an ambulance). I did get a call from a customer many months back about a complaint but I thought it was just a fluke.

I'll reach out to him today.

I sincerely hope that this is just a glitch and things will be back to normal as it was in the past.
Re: Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by diehard(m): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Wow (I know I'm sounding like an ambulance). I did get a call from a customer many months back about a complaint but I thought it was just a fluke.

I'll reach out to him today.

I sincerely hope that this is just a glitch and things will be back to normal as it was in the past.

It's not a glitch, he has gone far on this road and has continued because there has been no consequences from unsatisfied clients. These are some of the reasons he ran away from this forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Buying A Duplex In Lagos| Brook Assets And Resources / The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria / Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.