Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,618 members, 7,827,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76355 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 6:16am On May 11, 2016
nairaland is the way forward cheesy

Though the site owner still has some bugs to fix, but i'd rather remain there than this shit ran by an unrepentant hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by logoscope(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2016
Seun:
People are fatally attracted to get rich quick schemes. No matter the disclaimers, they will continue to throw their money away. Its so sad.
Mr. Seun, you don't have to feel sad. Every adult should be responsible for his/her actions. Cigarette has a disclaimer, but people keep smoking it.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by bot101(m): 3:41am On May 12, 2016
cr7lomo:
I agree. With seun... The first time I decided to try sport bet due to predictions on nairaland, I lost my stake of 50k... A lot of vulnerable people loose alot, especially those that don't know much bout games... Mayb its the betting companies that pay them to make people loose money
This is one of the reason why people think sports betting is scam, GREED!!!!. Bro, you are greedy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 7:26am On May 12, 2016
hammer2010:
_Air.loaded_ is the way forward cheesy

Though the site owner still has some bugs to fix, but i'd rather remain there than this shit ran by an unrepentant hypocrite
d big old fool dun quickly auto edit _air.loaded.com_ to nairaland u, no want pple to leav buh u re behavin lyk a castrated tyrant
Shame on u

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by namdo(m): 8:19am On May 12, 2016
Seun you lost huge money trading forex or betting? Just asking. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by BLWeb: 1:40pm On May 12, 2016
Good Move Seun, its time nigerians work hard for their money not some easy way out with these schemes
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by FincoApps(m): 10:22pm On May 12, 2016
directonpc:
Nice job seun
Next bus stop should be webmasters section ban selling of adsense account.

Lol why naw ?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by gen2lpat(m): 11:08pm On May 12, 2016
Seun:

1. It will affect our traffic, but we will get some new traffic from the legitimate business discussions that will fill the vacuum.

4. There are good risks and bad risks. Sports betting and online forex will leave the average participant poorer.
6. Many people dont understand maths and probability, so they don't understand the magnitude of the risk.
7. A small price to pay for the dramatic improvements we expect to see in the business, sports and investment sections.
8. It's a false succour that makes the poor even poorer by taking their time and also their money.

Now you talking. @ the coloured. Instead of banning Sport betting forums, kindly create a diversion. People will grace it. I tell you this, many punter out there including myself want to stop betting but there's no other good online business one can trade in. The situation right now is harsh and people are really looking for an alternative source of income.

I am patiently waiting for the "Legitimate Business" you talked about. Really can't wait to have another source of income. Thanks again. God bless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 1:30am On May 13, 2016
Lol. There is ashewo thread and sports betting wants to be banned. We are all hypocrites. Smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by directonpc(m): 5:31am On May 13, 2016
FincoApps:

Lol why naw ?
Scanners take advantage of that.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by tosinjay(m): 6:24am On May 13, 2016
Toks2008:

Can you quote a scripture that says bettting is a sin?

I dont bet or gamble but i hate it when i see people display arrogance and intellectual stuntedness such as Seun is displaying calling fx trading gambling.
You mister doesn't need my response because it's there in the content of the one i gave already but if you're among those the message talks about it's hard for you not to say what you're saying.

If am to reply you biblically you'll be reading a whole lot so rather get your acts right with God if you claim to be a Christian then you can start seeing sin as sin rather than being cloaked with worldly understanding of the Bible.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by felixomor: 11:47am On May 14, 2016
I will only speak about forex trading. Thats where I would like to differ. To say that it is fraudulent and that nobody except the marketers are the only ones profiting from it, is not oonly false, but also unfair.
I dont blame, you anyway because many people are out there sincerly just to make money by marketing and you may have fallen victim. This is also due to the fact that the real people making money from forex trading seldom have the time to come to forums like nairaland to prove that they are making money.
I started trading forex by learning with demo trading before I entered the univeristy. So when I graduated and started earning salary, i decided to start trading with real money. I would invest about 5-10% of my monthly salary.
I soon discovered that it was easy to make money from forex but it was hard not to be overtaken by emotions and greed while trading. So making profits consistently is hard while trading as a human. Moreover, with my job i couldnt be staring at the screen all day, while trying to avoid missing trading opportunities.
So I learnt about robot trading and VPS hosting.
Honestly, if you are not doing robot trading, you will never make money consistently from forex trading.
Many Nigerians also go in with the wrong mindset. They want to invest 100 USD and want to double it within 1 or 2 weeks. This is what killed people like you when you tried forex trading. People are not taught that profit targets have to be realistic.
I have since learnt my lessons on this.
I have even gone ahead to learn forex robot programming. I have vowed I will never trade wiithout robots anymore.
And since then, the profits have been consistent. Believe me.
My robots give me about 300% yearly. Thats more realistic. Considering, that this profit will come without me lifting a finger just automatiacally annually is better Than blowing many accounts while gambling in the name of "forex trading". Even banks wont give you 30% on fixed deposit annually let alone 300%

Please sincerly, I hope this alters your mindset on forex trading.
Dont close a potential economic window to many youths, instead look for the right way to learn it.

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 16, 2016
[b]Seun u took the bold step. Many nairalanders have fallen victim of these get rich quick schemes without understanding the terms and condition of the fraud they are about to subscribe to. Many marketers and betting agents sugar coat their threads with headlines like " TURN YOUR 500naira INTO 1MILLION IN 4 WEEKS"

I even read a post of the nairabet owner akinalabi comparing betting to entertainment. He argued that if 3 people left home with 1k each and with different intentions of watching cinema, drinking beer and the last person playing sport bet, the gambler stands a chance of coming home with more money grin This is a sample of the sugar coated nature of their business. They give you hope on predicting events which no one can decide their outcomes. A gambler who stakes on 5 games needs all 5 games to win while the bookies needs just one wrong prediction to win u. It's a win win situation for the likes of akinalabi and co. Their multibillion naira betting industry is a pool of unending wealth financed by gamblers addiction and " I MUST RECOVER MY LOSSES SYNDROME" which ends up in more losses. They will never offer you the easy way out like the cash out method offered by foreign bookies. You must loose it all or get extremely lucky to win 1% of your losses from them. grin Forget all their claims to pay taxes and staff salaries. They win the masses more than their payouts. I think its time for the federal govt to ban the betting and get rich quick schemes.

With all due respect to @ akinalabi, i referenced you based on your previous post. No pun intended cool[/b]

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by smudge2079(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2016
I smell IDI AMIN!

5 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by wristbangle: 12:39pm On May 16, 2016
Dygeasy, don't you think this is another opportunity for u to air your view once more about NL pageant and also make the OP understand that the major sponsor of the competition is from a sport betting company. Because with this decision, the objective of the competition will be compromise and destroy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by abbey621(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2016
Nairaland truly needs to grow if it's going to be world class! There are some developments you can make to the websites such as people wanting to discuss sportsbetting, Forex and others can relate. The section of the website should have disclaimers and a check box for 21 and older. This way you can indemnify Nairaland against negative consequences! I'm not sure what your strategies are for growing the website in the future but you are leaving room for someone else to take traffic away from your site. It's easy to build a site better than Nairaland and I know many of my friends including myself with the resources to build a loyal fan base for years to come. Learn from the mistakes of sites like Hi5 and MySpace, with evolving technology comes greater competition, don't alienate your fan base!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Seun(m): 12:49pm On May 16, 2016
wristbangle:
Dygeasy, don't you think this is another opportunity for u to air your view once more about NL pageant and also make the OP understand that the major sponsor of the competition is from a sport betting company. Because with this decision, the objective of the competition will be compromise and destroy
We will probably have to stage a hostile takeover of the sponsorship of Miss Nairaland. We don't agree with Merrybet's role as the sponsor.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Leiman100(m): 1:02pm On May 16, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.
O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed. Quran 5:90

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by wristbangle: 1:08pm On May 16, 2016
Seun:
We will probably have to stage a hostile takeover of the sponsorship of Miss Nairaland. We don't agree with Merrybet's role as the sponsor.

Okay sir. In as much it will not affect the price of the winners, I am in support of it.

One more thing, We need publicity ( Question assessment and Voting Stages Threads) in the contest to grace FP for traffic purpose which in turn will make the competition much more successful.

Thank you.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by agarawu23(m): 1:15pm On May 16, 2016
Seun:
baba, no be crime if you sponsor am. angry

Btw what is your action on data sellers you sale ads for and are scamming nlders? We blv u should investigate ppl u sale ads to for the safety of nlders abi all u care about is just the money they are paying u?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by kaykad: 1:16pm On May 16, 2016
Kind state the different btw your rule and dictatorship, we have a right to choose wisely, conclusion you are a tyrant Army in Agbada.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by WINTRADER777: 1:22pm On May 16, 2016
Ok good.But,oga why did you allow all the aforementioned online businesses
in the first place?Are you saying you never knew they were gambling or what?
Now you suddenly woke up to realise this...
It also baffles me how on earth will a learned person like you equate forex
with gambling!An international business with global regulations!
Please,don`t change your mind o,just ban for good so that we can rest and just read normal
news on your forum.
Thank you and God bless

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Bollinger(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2016
WINTRADER777:
Ok good.But,oga why did you allow all the aforementioned online businesses
in the first place?Are you saying you never knew they were gambling or what?
Now you suddenly woke up to realise this...
It also baffles me how on earth will a learned person like you equate forex
with gambling!An international business with global regulations!
Please,don`t change your mind o,just ban for good so that we can rest and just read normal
news on your forum.
Thank you and God bless

If anyone thinks he makes lots of money from advertising from it and then banned it, then that person needs to have their heads examined. If anything, he is treating nairalanders like children. He might as well come to our houses to tell us how to live our lives. Nigerian mentality at it's finest.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MrMann1(m): 2:28pm On May 16, 2016
Bet coys are legitimate companies. Most of them are registered with Lagos state lottery board, people who patronised them should understand their terms and conditions and underage kids should not be encouraged to involve in their activities.

What is funny is that after you have made money from them through ads placement, you now feel you should denounce them.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Zidjay(f): 3:05pm On May 16, 2016
God bless Seun Osewa! Continue to ban them, ban them all! If possible, invoke their destiny and ban join. This Nairabet, merrybet, punting has almost ruined an 18years old boy I know and guess what, he is always on the Nl platform for updates. He has sold almost ALL! sad. Thank God for the drastic steps his sister and mum took upon him., who knows, he might have been auctioning his kidney by now! Such Addiction! Whoever is not in support, ban the person join!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Alezy(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2016
Seun:
please ban if u want to, it's ur site but remember that sites like Hi5, MySpace and the rest where once top sites like NL is In Nigeria. what killed them? such personal decisions like this.

We have age group for God's sake, why not give them a section with the age group permitting people entrance?

Almost every site and forum like this in the UK have at least two adverts on Sport bets. Unless u have plans turning NL into a religious site which I won't be surprised.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by macphilip: 3:25pm On May 16, 2016
Zidjay:
God bless Seun Osewa! Continue to ban them, ban them all! If possible, invoke their destiny and ban join. This Nairabet, merrybet, punting has almost ruined an 18years old boy I know and guess what, he is always on the Nl platform for updates. He has sold almost ALL! sad. Thank God for the drastic steps his sister and mum took upon him., who knows, he might have been auctioning his kidney by now! Such Addiction! Whoever is not in support, ban the person join!
Your Brother got a Job with Nairabet or Guiness breweries with a salary of over 200k monthly.
Would you advise Him not to work for them?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by lionlee216(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2016
Seun, Pls go ahead and ban them and make sure you website is free from gambling. You have said it all, they are all gambling.

As a concerned nairalander and Nigerian, Since you see them as illegal and you feel sorry they are losing money, why dont you just go ahead and close and ban the Qatar and Dubai thread after all, ogapatapata that duped someone also committed crime. Also dont forget to ban the auto section where some fake dealers has duped pple in the past. also the techmarket where people do try to sell fake phones to people and some importers duped people. Please ban the romance section where people use far pictures and promote fornication. politics section is also full of tribalist, why dont u ban the politics section too? that way u website will be free from bad people

Thanks alot.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29)

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Forex Trade Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.