Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion (13431 Views)

PR In Religion / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration / The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by ValentineMary(m): 6:50pm On May 04, 2016
Okay Val is here. u can proceed now.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 7:26pm On May 04, 2016
[b]CHAPTER THREE CONTINUED
Let me address an issue here cos I know it is going to pop up, I am quite aware that being churchy does not mean you are a Christian but I put it to you, good Christians by the general standard are good church goers but they are very few. The reason many church goers are not good Christians is because they are yet to submit totally to the teachings of Christ/the Scripture. They refuse to let the word sink deep within them and work it out. Many of them come to church because of the soul-drawing power of music that’s why they say, music is the food of the soul. I recall, several times, I lead in worship, many new faces do come into the church and after that service, you see them no more. They were only attracted to the mannerism/charisma, of the singer. But only the ones that comes back and decide to stay form a bulk of these bad/unserious Christians. They did not come because Jesus touch them or the holy spirit ministered to them, they came to enjoy good songs to lift them off their depression and challenges. Seriously today, that’s what people want to hear “It is well”, “Your problems are over”, “You can make it”. Songs and messages that reminds you of good things or promise you of good things to come. Of all Christian music artist today, only the likes of Panam Percy Paul, Freke Umoh, Solomon Lange and Sinach (for me, she is the only Pentecostal song minister that knows how to write soul moving worship songs- indeed a worshipper, there may be others I do not know cos I have long resigned). Tope Alabi would have made my list, but she has lost that touch too. Let me say, I am very biased towards worship. That’s my specialty. So, if you are not a worshipper, I may not fancy you. I want you to do a check on churches that have powerful song ministers, the congregation is always massive. Also check churches with no innovation, the usual do re me fa so la ti do type, you will see the difference. No doubt, no one is perfect but I do tell people, when you are conscious of the fact that you have the tendency to do bad things, fall from grace; it will help you take good decisions to strengthen your character for the better. That, you are no better than, a Thief, it could have been you, but the difference is that, you know it is bad, you are conscious of things that will make you prone to it and you consciously avoid it. It is a thing of the mindset. That does not mean tomorrow you can’t do it cos it a consistent renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2)- one of my favourite scripture from verse 1. Else you will falter. For instance, the notion about being a Christian is centered around working for God in the church or giving your money to finance church projects- (Partially agree with the first but totally disagree with the second). Now you can’t work for God outside the church. i.e. be an active worker not some bench warmer like I am now anyway. Thus, you can’t remove churchiness from being a good Christian. Because, it is an injunction in the bible, forsake not the gathering of the BRETHREN. Take note of the Bolden, and check the dictionary for the meaning. So the truth is, if you think you are a good/true/faithful Christian(brethren) without going or being active in one way or the other in your local church. You are deceiving yourself. Yet that does not remove the fact that, not all church goers are good Christians.
Here lies one of the greatest weakness of Christianity. Just like the most popular church in Nigeria will always boast, we have over 40,000 churches in Nigeria and are present in over 140 (I am not sure) countries. The church is expanding and moving to the permanent site. Yea! She is expanding in Quantity and shrinking in Quality of Christians. Is that growth to you? Yea! She is expanding by building edifices like the Hagia Sofia, can’t build one church of faithful ministers how much more faithful Christian members. Yea! Her money is growing like grass, but her members are poor as church rat. I laugh in 3-D. we so much believe in numbers but one thing people do not know is Zero is the most powerful number in the numerical system yet the least. If you doubt me check this out
0.1 and 10 both have zeros but the position is what matters.
Mind you, if you are lover of good movies, you should have watched ‘The 300 Spartans’. You would know that it is not about numbers. There is more to having a quality team. I rest my case on that
Back to the Story line, sorry about the preaching I did above, that’s the Christian me you saw above. It’s part of me. I still study the bible in case some overzealous fellas want to fall my hand. (Winks)
If I had wanted Power or any leadership position, I would have it without sweating it but I am not a lover of fame. I love to do things without people noticing me. More so, I like to help people become even better than me. With all humility, I handed over my Music Directorship to someone I groomed. She is doing fine but recently she stepped down from the post in church. She has seen enough too. (LOL).
[/b]

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by sonofthunder: 9:43pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:
^^if I may ask, you've not talked about your faith,your becoming saved or born again experience. Would be interesting to see. So far, you've painted the picture of a religious person, just saying.
its a cliché with all of them... I often don't know whether to laugh (at them) or to cry (for them).
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 10:16pm On May 04, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FOUR
THE HARBRINGER OF MY THOMAS
At a certain point, mum’s sickness was so critical, she was admitted into the hospital. I prayed my heart out but then, she only spent 7days in the hospital before giving up the ghost. I could not believe my ears when my aunt broke the news to me. I did not cry and in fact, I recall, that day vividly, it was a day Nigeria was playing Ivory Coast in the African Nations Cup. I took my radio to listen to commentary; suddenly, I saw one of our neighbors walk up to me to hit me on the nose, that I am heartless and I do not love my mum. I just ignored him. He won’t understand me and seriously, he does not understand people like me. Cholerics are too proud to cry in the public, they would rather die than show their weakness in the front of people. You think they don’t cry? No! They do, but they do not do it before people. They do it secretly and very disturbingly that, they could be destructive. Same when they are angry- that for them, is something to show people so you can fear them. I won’t tell you the secret to make them cry in public. You see why that man do not understand me now?
I kept my emotions in check till three days later, when she was to be given back to mother earth. That was when the flood gate of heaven was open and my holy water descended as never before. But not before people. I had to go to my room, I cried my heart out. No one knew till date, maybe they will know now that, I do miss her but I just could not admit it before people. That night, I recalled her last statement to me, she said “Dankol, You are in charge of the house now, take care of your siblings”. I began to ask some rhetorical questions
• Did she know she was going to die? I think she knew, why? because she prepared us for the future. I do miss her a lot but a lot of people who see me do not know I am from a polygamous home until I tell them neither do they believe my mum is deceased because of the way I do things. I act too matured for my age.
• Why did God allow her to die that young (39years, 7months, 7days)? The bible say with long life will he satisfy his servants. Maybe my mum faltered but his mercies are new every moment. At least by virtue of the fact that, her four children still need their mother to see them through the critical stages of their lives. Pitied my kid brother about 4 or 5 then, he cried consistently. I felt it, Did God feel it? is he seeing it? why is he not doing something about it? I consoled myself with the story of Job. (winks)
Seriously, the bible is an almost perfect book ever written maybe that’s why many believe it sacred because it has answers to most life questions, maybe not all. There is nothing that happen to you that you will not see something to console yourself with. The best and vaguest of all answers is, “it is God’s will” after all he is God, we can’t question him. I have also used it on people sha. it kills every DNA of logic and common sense in any Christian. Hahahahahahaha. Indeed! God’s will. It is God’s will to take a hen from her chicks just like he took my mum from us right? I guess he is the hawk that takes the hen and sometimes the chick too depending on how much he is hungry. When I get there, I will trash the issue.
But mind you, I wax stronger in faith, ignored it and moved on, just like any typical choleric. Not long after, I and my siblings left the region back to southwest to ease the burden on my dad. We were tricked to stay with my step mum anyway.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 10:28am On May 05, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FIVE
A NEW HOME! A TEST OF CHARACTER! A TEST OF FAITH!
Roughly, I spent five years with my Step mum (my dad first wife). Let me use this opportunity to say, “I love you Mum!”- this I never got to say to my biological mum. I was too proud to say it (Another Choleric challenge I have learned to overcome) and I do regret it. It was not easy with her. And am sure she also knew that I am not an easy ride either.
On arrival, we were all settled into our new schools. I had already missed a year; I was supposed to write my WASSCE the previous year but missed. So I had to readjust but not so quick. In school, it was hell, teachers taught with Yoruba. There were only about three or four persons in my class that could speak good English. I had to associate with them. I had no friend because I could not find someone who thinks the way I do. They were just damn too local for my liking even at home. So it was a boring five years with no friends except church friends.
Before we left for South West, my mum’s people had filled me up with negative stories about my step mum. So yes, I was careful with her but I was investigative too. I monitored her day and night, ransacked her room to find anything incriminating. My dear! I found nothing. There and there I dropped that subject matter of negativity. I was opened towards her but she was not. She was only free with my kid brother.
Now, there is this tendency in leaders or people in leadership to seek for loyalists and I guess she wanted same from all of us but used the wrong approach. She began to give orders on how, when, what, to eat, go, talk, dress and all that. And I vehemently opposed her. I recall, she would give us pap in the morning, lock up her room where food stuff is, and keep garri for me and my siblings to drink later in the afternoon after school. It became a routine until one day I could no longer take it. I broke her door and got some food to cook and eat with my siblings. That was the beginning of war for me and my siblings except my kid brother whom she perceived was a loyalist. I won’t say otherwise but he was more loyal to me than her. He only did her bidding because I let him. I do not want him to suffer. Let me leave all this in-house stories and get to the religious part.
One Sunday morning, she called me to get my siblings ready that, hence forth, we shall be going with her to her church. She attends one of the long standing orthodox church in Nigeria and being a women leader, all her children should follow or attend her church. I told her it is a good thing but I already joined a church which I am comfortable with but if any of my siblings wants to go with her, they should indicate and that they are free. Lo and behold only my kid brother was interested. She was livid with rage and that it was not possible. I told her, it is possible. Dad never force religion on us, neither will you. I left her. She had no option because she could not stop me. But she tried to stop my other two siblings by giving them serious work to do. I asked them to leave the work that I will do it, let them prepare to go to church and I will meet them there. At a certain point, she insisted that they do it and that she does not trust me with her cloths. I said fine, that would be after service. They will wash and do anything you want them to do mum. All these while, I was just trying to readjust my new life.
Soon, I became active in church again, joined the choir. Mum was always on my neck 24-7 just to make sure I do something bad that she will talk about. She instigated our neighbors against me. Well, I do not care but she used to hit me with words so painful that one day I had to reply her. I did regret I replied but it did the magic. One thing people should know is, Cholerics are very sarcastic in nature. If you think you can talk. Fine but the few ones they will unleash on you, you will regret ever knowing them. Please do not provoke a choleric to a sarcastic point. You won’t like it. (Just an advice). But the aftermath raised a lot of eyebrows especially from my dad. Though he was understanding and that’s why I would always and ever respect him. My mum took several issues to him about me, my dad will not say a word until he hears from me to know the truth. Sometimes he ignores and sometimes he rebukes me but mum was never satiated.
I was able to stomach all she did because of two reasons:
1. My siblings are the ones suffering for my action or inaction
2. I saw it as a test of my faith in God
Because at a certain point, she began to taunt me using my Christian life amongst other things. I was struggling to cope in school. So I took solace in the church, I don’t miss any church service both local and national. In church, my profile was rising only at the local level because I refuse to minister outside my local church because, I do not want fame. I just wanted to serve God and that has been my principle till I left the church. I only minister outside my local church only if my choir was invited but as a single minister, I never did. I recall, many of my good vocalists would be going from program to program seeking avenue to show themselves. I used to condemn it but not anymore because I realize, you will not be known if you do not create or take opportunities to be known. But the problem that usually come with fame is the issue- Pride. Well, I see hiding as my own way of suppressing pride and it worked for me sha.
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Nobody: 11:14am On May 05, 2016
IT SEAMS LIKE CHOLERIC AND MELANCHOLY HAVE SOME THINGS IN COMMON
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by frank317: 11:27am On May 05, 2016
Image123:
^^if I may ask, you've not talked about your faith,your becoming saved or born again experience. Would be interesting to see. So far, you've painted the picture of a religious person, just saying.

He is an active member of the church, that's most important. 90% of Christians on Nairaland and juat active church goers yet they think they deserve hevean while atheists are demons. Or if you have a child who is active like him in your church would you still condemn him?
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 2:19pm On May 05, 2016
frank317:

He is an active member of the church, that's most important. 90% of Christians on Nairaland and juat active church goers yet they think they deserve hevean while atheists are demons. Or if you have a child who is active like him in your church would you still condemn him?

Jesus doesn't know active members, activity is not productivity. Jesus knows saved,born again converts. All our activities and religious zeal remain filthy rags before God. You've read this before somewhere certainly.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 2:31pm On May 05, 2016
[b]CHAPTER SIX
CHURCH POLITICS-A dent on church image on my mind
The stress at home and my inability to adjust well affected by academics seriously. A whole me, one of the best students in my former school that even my principal brags about me. I could not make all my papers. Physics held me back. So I had to do it again the following year. So I had one free year to do what I like.
So I decided to enroll for computer studies, and it gave me more time to go to church at will. In fact, at a certain point, I was like my Pastor’s special assistant. He sends me errands to several places and also I do go with him on special invitation to minister. It was an experience but I was suffering inside. At home it was hell, my academics was at a standstill, poverty was my perfume. Because my dad only sends the little he has to my step mum and my step mum does as she wish. So I don’t have money to do anything. Even when I was going to school in the very next town, I had to wake up early to walk to school. I walk every blessed day for 45mins to and 45mins fro on a minimum with empty stomach. but I was faithful to God. I would not compromise. My faith was unwavering. I have always seen the church as a consolation and place of solace for mankind. I have seen the church(Religion) as a safe haven from the turmoil of life inflicted on us by Politicians. I look up to the Church for Justice, equity and fairness irrespective of who you are. At least that’s what it ought to be. But that perspective began to change soon starting with this event.
There were three pastors, let me call them, Pastor A, Pastor B, Pastor C. I was close to both A and B but more to A. B was just posted in recently but C was one of the pioneering pastors of the local church, so he has been a major decision maker in what goes on in the local church even though he was not in charge. Every other pastor who lead that local church were always loyal to him to avoid issues more so, he was an elder at the higher church level. But by rank, pastor A and C are on the same rank. So when Pastor A was posted to our local church, he saw the status quo and changed it. Since he is in charge, he would not answer to a colleague but a superior. That was the beginning of Cold Church War I. Now Pastor B who was recently brought into the system is under Pastor A but he is a loyalist of Pastor C because, Pastor C was the one who conducted his marriage in that same church. So, every move Pastor A made, Pastor C was aware through Pastor B and was countering him at the top. Now I know you will wonder, I got to know this, I live, wine and dine with pastor A, I know him in and out. He is one of the few men who serves God I still respect anyway. We do talk about a lot of things. Now, Pastor B owns a shop, so I do go to help him out in his trade and he tells me things too. So I was caught in the web of Pastors war. That was how I got to know that, there is nothing like merit for real even in the church. Except there is no other person that can do it, then meritocracy could be given a shot. if you are not loyal, you will never get to the top and if you do, it will be by sheer luck but perhaps you ought to get it in 5 years, you could spend 20 to get there or someone somewhere very powerful at the top just likes you for your dedication and he calls the shot. Now let me complete the story. Pastor C usually demands for money and Christmas gifts from previous pastors and they obey because of the man’s influence at the state level. I found out, he was the State pastor’s mole to the area to give him intel on those who are loyal and those who are not, hence, his power and ability to influence things. He sure did wield this power well. That even young ladies from our church were not allowed to marry outside the church. There were about four of them that were frustrated. Well, the last of them married at 40 sha. Na God do am! He makes all things beautiful in his own time. I guess that lady’s time was ripe, 5years away from menopause abi.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by UyiIredia(m): 6:39pm On May 05, 2016
You said from faith to facts. I think you went from faith to foolishness.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 7:47pm On May 05, 2016
[b]CHAPTER SIX
CONTINUED
So when the goodies stopped. He vowed to remove Pastor A. So Pastor B was his mole. Now Pastor B wanted me to be his own mole because he knew I was close to Pastor A, so he thought I was one gullible and hungry man. Yea, I was a hungry man but with dignity sha (winks). I played along but I was with my pastor, Pastor A, not because of anything, but He reserves the right to be in charge and not be controlled by some power drunk fool. Now permit me to draw a very logical comparison here, several times we have condemned Godfatherism in our political atmosphere but never have I thought it exist in the Church. I had always thought that, Pastors do pray and seek God’s face before they do transfer them but I was shocked to know that, some pastors give out some of their members to service these God of men on high to accrue favored spots. Not only that, they shower them with gifts every now and then to get juicy places. It has been a long time tradition for those who want to speedily get to the top. Lo and Behold! When transfer came, Pastor B was not moved from where is originally assigned to head, Pastor C went untouched too, But Pastor A was sent to brand new church in a thick forested village about 30km away from his former church and where his family were settled but about 5km away from state headquarters to monitor him. He did not leave with his family, he left them but usually goes there every service day to do his duties. His paltry stipend was drained with transportation cost. Many at times, he would come back home to his family with just 2,500 naira after collecting his salary because, he has to settle his debtors. That was his policy, he hates to owe money. He was a honorable man. Later after like two years, he was sent completely out of the state to the North as a missionary. Presently, he is in the South South still a missionary with the Church. Seriously, the people doing this work of God are the ones we don’t know. Don’t mind all the bling bling and showey ones you see on bill boards and T.V set. They are charlatans. That scene made a mark on the holy image of the church in mind. But I kept on after all, I am not serving man, its God, abi! But God uses the face of man to convince me to serve him and he uses man to preach, he uses man to take my offering and tithe, he uses man to decide which local assembly a pastor will be assigned. He uses man for Everything, yet Man is working for God. Is that logical to you. Someone you are working for and you never saw or feel or even given you a personal and concrete conviction that he exists except through others. Are you not God’s creation? has he ever appeared to you? spoken to you? Please do not tell me you prayed for something and the answer came instansta or some abstract miracle that occurs once in a blue moon in your life? The best you can give me on personal encounter is your feeling. Let me tell you my personal experience about feeling. There is this feeling I used to have only when I am in the presence of God, and for me, it is a pointer that God is there with us and I do crave for it all the time I go to church, sometimes it comes, sometimes it does not come. But one day, I was at my pastor’s house watching MTV whatever awards. I can’t recall who was singing, it is either, Beyoncé, or Lady Gaga or something like that- Sorry, am still not familiar with secular songs that does not make sense to me that does not mean, I do not acknowledge the song exist. So the lady danced, sang, the song was indeed interesting to the ear and as she finished, she did some acrobatic display to end the song and at the point of ending. I felt exactly that feeling I am supposed to feel in the presence of God while watching a secular song I do not even like till now but was melodious. Please, let me say this, till I left Christianity, I have never sat down to listen to secular songs neither sang any except for West life and their Nigerian Counterpart (Stylplus), that always hit me hard with their songs that I could not resist at some point but I later deleted their songs from my phone when I convinced myself that, it is not a good show of faith. But now I do anyway but to good ones and as well still listen to Christian songs cos they are well damn inspirational to the soul –still good Christian songs like sinach – I don’t think I can stop listening to her. She is a legend to me in music, another of my music mentor then was Pastor Donnie Mcklurkins- I loved every sound that man made. In fact, I do sing like him and several persons confirmed it. But I stopped when someone was asking after me when she said, “where is that guy that sings like Donnie, I want him to sing worship today oooo”. It was an usher who said it, I overheard it. Ordinarily, I should be happy but seriously I was not happy because, my personality is no longer seen, it was Donnie people see when I sing, I was like, it has to stop. So, I stop being Donnie and started being me by stopping to sing his songs in the public except in my private chambers. I still respect that man and several other music ministers in the faith. I may have lost taste in the faith, but I know quality songs when I hear them irrespective of who sings. Juanita Bynum, Cece Winas, Fred Hammond, these are stars I followed bumper to bumper and this guy in Christ Embassy, T-Sharp- very few people will know him.
Back to my story, I was perplexed that I felt this feeling with little or nothing about God presence where I was. Ok, let me say, I was in my Pastor’s house, so God’s presence should be there but the song being played would have pursued it away right. Isn’t it dear reader? So how come. I began to do my findings. Now I found out that, the feeling is close associated with songspiration and is as a result of over-excitement of your mind. It is overwhelmed by the power of the song and thus you feel that wet coldness down your spine. Yea it does occur too during prayers but it’s the same, the overwhelming of the words as if the pastor hit the nail on its head by pronouncing the word “Jesus”, “Get out”, “Be Free” and you pour out your emotions freely or you begin to roll on the ground as in the case of ladies. The physical manifestation occurs when one makes erratic noise or moves when good things happen to you. For instance, if someone called you that, you have won a visa lottery to the United States of America that you applied for several years but denied. Right there on the phone, you will agree with me that, you will display some madness for 5 seconds (LOL).
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 10:41pm On May 06, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER THREE CONTINUED
Let me address an issue here cos I know it is going to pop up, I am quite aware that being churchy does not mean you are a Christian but I put it to you, good Christians by the general standard are good church goers but they are very few. The reason many church goers are not good Christians is because they are yet to submit totally to the teachings of Christ/the Scripture. They refuse to let the word sink deep within them and work it out. Many of them come to church because of the soul-drawing power of music that’s why they say, music is the food of the soul. I recall, several times, I lead in worship, many new faces do come into the church and after that service, you see them no more. They were only attracted to the mannerism/charisma, of the singer. But only the ones that comes back and decide to stay form a bulk of these bad/unserious Christians. They did not come because Jesus touch them or the holy spirit ministered to them, they came to enjoy good songs to lift them off their depression and challenges. Seriously today, that’s what people want to hear “It is well”, “Your problems are over”, “You can make it”. Songs and messages that reminds you of good things or promise you of good things to come. Of all Christian music artist today, only the likes of Panam Percy Paul, Freke Umoh, Solomon Lange and Sinach (for me, she is the only Pentecostal song minister that knows how to write soul moving worship songs- indeed a worshipper, there may be others I do not know cos I have long resigned). Tope Alabi would have made my list, but she has lost that touch too. Let me say, I am very biased towards worship. That’s my specialty. So, if you are not a worshipper, I may not fancy you. I want you to do a check on churches that have powerful song ministers, the congregation is always massive. Also check churches with no innovation, the usual do re me fa so la ti do type, you will see the difference. No doubt, no one is perfect but I do tell people, when you are conscious of the fact that you have the tendency to do bad things, fall from grace; it will help you take good decisions to strengthen your character for the better. That, you are no better than, a Thief, it could have been you, but the difference is that, you know it is bad, you are conscious of things that will make you prone to it and you consciously avoid it. It is a thing of the mindset. That does not mean tomorrow you can’t do it cos it a consistent renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2)- one of my favourite scripture from verse 1. Else you will falter. For instance, the notion about being a Christian is centered around working for God in the church or giving your money to finance church projects- (Partially agree with the first but totally disagree with the second). Now you can’t work for God outside the church. i.e. be an active worker not some bench warmer like I am now anyway. Thus, you can’t remove churchiness from being a good Christian. Because, it is an injunction in the bible, forsake not the gathering of the BRETHREN. Take note of the Bolden, and check the dictionary for the meaning. So the truth is, if you think you are a good/true/faithful Christian(brethren) without going or being active in one way or the other in your local church. You are deceiving yourself. Yet that does not remove the fact that, not all church goers are good Christians.
Here lies one of the greatest weakness of Christianity. Just like the most popular church in Nigeria will always boast, we have over 40,000 churches in Nigeria and are present in over 140 (I am not sure) countries. The church is expanding and moving to the permanent site. Yea! She is expanding in Quantity and shrinking in Quality of Christians. Is that growth to you? Yea! She is expanding by building edifices like the Hagia Sofia, can’t build one church of faithful ministers how much more faithful Christian members. Yea! Her money is growing like grass, but her members are poor as church rat. I laugh in 3-D. we so much believe in numbers but one thing people do not know is Zero is the most powerful number in the numerical system yet the least. If you doubt me check this out
0.1 and 10 both have zeros but the position is what matters.
Mind you, if you are lover of good movies, you should have watched ‘The 300 Spartans’. You would know that it is not about numbers. There is more to having a quality team. I rest my case on that
Back to the Story line, sorry about the preaching I did above, that’s the Christian me you saw above. It’s part of me. I still study the bible in case some overzealous fellas want to fall my hand. (Winks)
If I had wanted Power or any leadership position, I would have it without sweating it but I am not a lover of fame. I love to do things without people noticing me. More so, I like to help people become even better than me. With all humility, I handed over my Music Directorship to someone I groomed. She is doing fine but recently she stepped down from the post in church. She has seen enough too. (LOL).
[/b]

This says nothing about conversion, being born again. The new birth is indispensable.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 10:48pm On May 06, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FOUR
THE HARBRINGER OF MY THOMAS
At a certain point, mum’s sickness was so critical, she was admitted into the hospital. I prayed my heart out but then, she only spent 7days in the hospital before giving up the ghost. I could not believe my ears when my aunt broke the news to me. I did not cry and in fact, I recall, that day vividly, it was a day Nigeria was playing Ivory Coast in the African Nations Cup. I took my radio to listen to commentary; suddenly, I saw one of our neighbors walk up to me to hit me on the nose, that I am heartless and I do not love my mum. I just ignored him. He won’t understand me and seriously, he does not understand people like me. Cholerics are too proud to cry in the public, they would rather die than show their weakness in the front of people. You think they don’t cry? No! They do, but they do not do it before people. They do it secretly and very disturbingly that, they could be destructive. Same when they are angry- that for them, is something to show people so you can fear them. I won’t tell you the secret to make them cry in public. You see why that man do not understand me now?
I kept my emotions in check till three days later, when she was to be given back to mother earth. That was when the flood gate of heaven was open and my holy water descended as never before. But not before people. I had to go to my room, I cried my heart out. No one knew till date, maybe they will know now that, I do miss her but I just could not admit it before people. That night, I recalled her last statement to me, she said “Dankol, You are in charge of the house now, take care of your siblings”. I began to ask some rhetorical questions
• Did she know she was going to die? I think she knew, why? because she prepared us for the future. I do miss her a lot but a lot of people who see me do not know I am from a polygamous home until I tell them neither do they believe my mum is deceased because of the way I do things. I act too matured for my age.
• Why did God allow her to die that young (39years, 7months, 7days)? The bible say with long life will he satisfy his servants. Maybe my mum faltered but his mercies are new every moment. At least by virtue of the fact that, her four children still need their mother to see them through the critical stages of their lives. Pitied my kid brother about 4 or 5 then, he cried consistently. I felt it, Did God feel it? is he seeing it? why is he not doing something about it? I consoled myself with the story of Job. (winks)
Seriously, the bible is an almost perfect book ever written maybe that’s why many believe it sacred because it has answers to most life questions, maybe not all. There is nothing that happen to you that you will not see something to console yourself with. The best and vaguest of all answers is, “it is God’s will” after all he is God, we can’t question him. I have also used it on people sha. it kills every DNA of logic and common sense in any Christian. Hahahahahahaha. Indeed! God’s will. It is God’s will to take a hen from her chicks just like he took my mum from us right? I guess he is the hawk that takes the hen and sometimes the chick too depending on how much he is hungry. When I get there, I will trash the issue.
But mind you, I wax stronger in faith, ignored it and moved on, just like any typical choleric. Not long after, I and my siblings left the region back to southwest to ease the burden on my dad. We were tricked to stay with my step mum anyway.
[/b]

Sorry about your mum. Must chip in though that yours is the typical atheist story most people expect. BTW, Jesus Christ died young and so did many of the twelve disciples. One would think you should know this.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2016
UyiIredia:
You said from faith to facts. I think you went from faith to foolishness.

Oops,this one is strong. Although i'm still hoping to even see the faith. What we have here is one caught in the web of religion and its politics who managed to come out,though maybe literally from frypan to fire.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 12:38am On May 07, 2016
[b]CHAPTER SEVEN
CURIOUSITY AWAKEN FROM THE CAMP
Before Pastor A was transfer out of my local church out of hatred. There was a time at the camp that, a new auditorium was built and it needed serious clean up. So volunteers were requested from local parishes to make the place worshippable before convention would start. Convention was two weeks away, so word was sent across that an area should provide two volunteers, give them transport and feeding fee. When the word got to me, I jumped at the opportunity, yea I said opportunity because, it will afford me the chance to partake in that year’s convention and also to work for God. I was damn happy! Pastor A called I and the other brother chosen to go two days to our departure day. He told us, the church had no money to give us except a few amount of money even which he took most from his pocket and that he would balance us when we return. We were like, ok sir, we shall manage it. We left for camp with just 7000 naira for two people. Camp was hell. Hahahahahahaha. Well, I am happy about one thing, irrespective, I obey my instincts. Before we left, I bought about two modus of garri and since then, I do not joke with my garri when am travelling. If I do not go with it, I will buy when I get to my destination to avoid stories that touches the heart. Because, I hate embarrassment especially because of Food. No way! So when we got to camp, did all necessary registration as volunteers. We were told, there will be only dinner for us through out. It was a welcome development. But we are to start the next morning by 7 am. We ate that night no issue. The following day, Work started. It was really a job for strong and hefty men but with my tiny frame. The funny thing is that, even the brother we both went together, has a tiny frame but was taller than I am. We paired up to carry fresh made wooden benches. Am not talking of all these new generation benches oo. Those CAC type of benches for those who are familiar with CAC. Na church o, no be corporate affairs commission ooo. Make person no go their office go dey look their fine and sexy chairs. (LOL). As we bend down to carry, the bench no gree comot for ground ooo. Na so we muscle, muscle, they do like person wey shit won comot for him yansh. The bench said “brothers in the lord, your faith cannot move my mountain.” We left it and try others we could carry. Later, we washed plastic chairs, we were splited to different areas of the camp to clean up. We were so used and tired. When it was time for dinner. Na im coordinator come dey yarn story from the gods that he is sorry, that the management has changed their mind about the dinner issue and that at first our pastors ought to have given us money to feed ourselves. Oboy, come and see spirit filled brothers who were cabashing during morning devotion getting angry with blue face. Lol, it was seriously annoying but many kept their cool when they were reminded, this is the camp of the holy one. So behave. That night, my garri was very much valuable. Me and my brother in the lord, drank our food and slept like logs of wood.
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 11:49pm On May 07, 2016
[b]CHAPTER SEVEN
CONTINUED
After the disappointment of the previous night about dinner, several persons lost interest in working so hard. Yea! Some of us were well funded but I notice most of us came partially or even self-funded. So that dinner thing could have been a big boast, so everyone just did what he can do, and left the rest. That night was a further push into my suppressed questions. In fact, it opened a new chapter to my enquiry though I later suppressed it too because, I became quite popular in bible studies for unpopular, unwanted questions that will in most cases be dragged, discussed for over 30mins after we ought to have closed. So whoever is taking bible study usually eludes me when I raise my hand.
What really happened that night? we left for our hostel and while about entering the hostel, I met some of our co-volunteers discussing, arguing about the Godhead: the question I met was: “Is Jesus Christ God or the Son of God?” This argument became a hostel thing that every member of the hostel began to talk, dissect the bible both for and against. That question was running marathon in my mind till I left camp. I realize for either two options, both sides have their points, all from the scripture. See the fact that, the bible validated itself with its words is itself incriminating. What do I mean, the bible says, the word of God is pure, it says, the word is an inspiration of the holy spirit and should be adhere to hook, line and sinker? So if I pick a certain portion of the scripture and hold unto it, you saw anther portion that may not really agree with my portion. Both of us are right because, we have both hold onto the word of God after all every word inside the book called bible is the word of God. Right? It is just like the constitution that say, we have our rights to certain things. E.g. right to freedom of speech but recently, I read somewhere where someone said, in the same constitution, that if your right is an infringement on another person’s right, it is no longer your right. It is an offence that punishable by section bla bla bla. Please I stand to be corrected on this, I am not an authority in law. So I was like chai... na wao ooo. It is a matter of how well you can consume the constitution, interpret it and convince the mugu at the top sit to agree with you. That’s the lawyer’s job. It can be applied here. It is how well, you can study the scripture, digest it, interpret it that determines your brand of Christianity. Be it the
demon fighters brand – who will tell you “From the days of John the Baptist till, now the kingdom of God suffereth violence and violence taketh it by force”,
Or the gentle praying brand- Elijah said 32 words of prayer and fire fell. So why should I bother sweating like a Christmas goat.
Or the holiness lifestyle brand -“the Lord is not deaf to ear, neither is his hand too short to save, but your sins have ….” (you know the rest) bible scholar.
The prosperity brand- “The lord shall provide all my needs according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus” because, “he was made poor, so that you might me rich”. So I can never be poor- Tell your neighbor,” Poverty is a bastard”. Say neighbor , “God punish poverty”.
the eli jah eli jah brand- I do not know much about them
The fake tongue speaking brand- “reeeeekabababababashcratiio”- “thus said the Lord, empty your account tomorrow morning and bring the proceeding to the altar, and you will see what he will do in your life”,
Or the faith healing brand- “Peter said to the man at the beautiful gate, look unto me, silver or gold, I have none, but I do have, I will give unto you, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk” and whatever brand you belong.
That reminds me, I came across a set of brand of Christianity. Seriously this one is captivating, they do not believe in demons, devil, witches and evil. They said, every devil has the face of a man on it. So I was like see as Christianity dey evolve right before me. I could not interact with them because it was a crusade in my neighborhood as I would have love to tell them, even God has the face, doings and action of a man in everything ascribe to him that he does. At least the bible agrees “He is a MAN of war”.
Let me be a bit more practical with the scripture; Judges 11 talked about the story of a rejected man who was later accepted by his own people because of his bravery to save them. He made a vow to God- that vow consequentially resulted to human sacrifice. Yet God hates human sacrifices and even it was one of the reasons he wants to wipe out the Amorites (cousins to Israel), the jebusites (also descendants of Noah), Canaanites (descendants of Noah) amongst other nations even Esauites sorry Edom (Sibling to Israel) was destroyed. What would it cost God to appear to the chief priest of the Cannanites to warn him and stop him from the barbaric act and use him to draw all the cannanites to himself? Must blood be spilled before he can be appeased? Are you sure God is not one Israeli man sef? These are unanswerable questions popping up in my head. There was nowhere where it was stated God accepted the sacrifice, but is clear in Deuteronomy 12:29-31 that he hates human sacrifice. Now compare it to Abraham and Isaac’s case, where an angel stopped him from murdering his son. Shouldn’t a similar thing be done in this case? My human nature calls it DOUBLE STANDARD, HYPOCRISY. No wonder Christianity is full of hypocrisy, like father, like children. It runs in the DNA. At least we know that Allah is a blood thirsty God, he never hid it nor stop his slaves from filling his Blood reserves. So honest and real. Now someone is thinking, God instructed Abraham to test him but such instruction was not given to Jephthah. Yea that’s true but let me take you to Judges 11:29-33. The spirit of God came upon him before he made that vow and later God gave his enemies into his hands. Can you connect the dots yourself? The God factor in both: God instructed- God inspired. At least for Trinitarians, the Holy Spirit is God. Meaning, he enjoys human sacrifices but he chooses whose blood to suck and he uses gullible humans to achieve it. And when he realizes his error. Man takes the blame. What a Perfect God he is! Who says what he does not do, who does what he does not say and sometimes say or do things selectively. The question is as human, how would you know which of the sides you fall into? The favorite side or the other side. But whichever one a Christian fall into... All na God because, if he is favored, God is good, he is merciful and kind and if otherwise, it is his will, he is God, All things work together for Good. I do not and can’t fathom how taking an innocent life can work together for good?
Now, with the illustration above, coming from the Abrahamic point of view, I could conclude that God hates human sacrifice hence, he saves Isaac. Also if someone were to come from Jephthah point of view, let me put it in a typical pastor’s word “God wants you to give him a sacrifice that will cost you something precious” like your only child; at least such only child will be precious.
Back to my story; that argument sowed a very good seed inside of me that germinate unconsciously inside of me. Seriously, I am not willing to answer that question because it is irrelevant to me right now. That is why I said earlier, both sides are correct depending on which point of view. For Engineering students, they will understand this illustration: When doing your engineering drawing, we have the plan view, front view and the side view all of the same object but these view are entirely different from each other yet from the same piece of object. Same applies to that Godhead question. Everyone is CORRECT with reference to the scripture. The only thing that can invalidate any of the two sides is, if an external yet acceptable book is taken into consideration. That is a very tall dream sef.
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2016
I am very much interested in your story. However, I'll suggest you use more paragraphs in your posts to make easier to read and less tedious for the eyes.

Following
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 6:40am On May 11, 2016
Noted sir... Thanks for observation.. Will do that from the next post

To all readers.. Sorry i have been a bit more busy.. I will try and update today. Thanks
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by ofor(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2016
good one
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 2:01pm On May 11, 2016
[b]CHAPTER EIGHT
WORK OUT YOUR FREEDOM AT NAIRALAND
I finished my computer program. There is this cyber café beside the computer centre, where I had become so familiar and as soon as the guy managing it leant I was good to go with computer training, he spoke to his boss on my behalf to employ me to easy his burden. His boss agreed and we went to the agreement table. There I messed up. What happened? Alhaji told me, he would pay me 8k as a start to assist the guy. I was so glad but there are conditions.
1. You will be alternating with him for night browsing
2. You will be coming to work on Sundays after church
3. You close at work by 9pm when the other guy would come relieve you night browsing and viCe versa.

No 2 and 3 was my problem. The devil is a liar! Is this how he wants to get me? No way! Out-rightly I rejected the offer because, I had made up my mind long before now that, any work that will not give me time to go worship God, I would not do it no matter how juicy. You see how gullible I was then all because I have been brain washed by some persons to dedicate myself to God totally. That any work that does not give glory to God is from the devil. One assertion, I would like to make is, even the devil is glorifying God because he would not do anything without God’s approval. e.g. Job’s case. The devil is doing God’s will and he is a tool in God’s hand to wreak havoc on mankind (Ahab- Micaiah – the false prophets’ saga, I Kings 22: 19 -23). Is the devil not the father of all liars? Yes, he is, so, that demon was a cousin to the devil.

Now see the reply from one Christian website, “God chose to use a lying spirit because Ahab rejected God’s rebukes and warnings all through his life and the cup of God’s wrath was full. Since God is SOVERIGN over all creation, He is not RESTRICTED in what or whom He can use to accomplish his holy purpose, and He chooses to use people and spirits, both good and evil to bring his divine plans to pass…. The lying spirit will receive its punishment just as Ahab did.” This last statement got me cracking and I am tempted to say my mind here on God’s will but I promise to do that as a subject matter on its own. I will make reference to this portion. Mind you, the above statement is coming from a reputable Christian website. Though, I do know there are several versions of the answer but all agree on one thing, God is God can do as he wish with his creation. Gbam!

If Ahab was really God’s creation and God is all Powerful! With God NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Why would God descend so low to use a lying spirit to deceive his creation where on a better note, he could just turn the heart of Ahab to do the right thing. Write his law in his heart. Give him a new heart as he promised in Isaiah. More so, I laugh at the idea or rather theory of freewill being preached. Where is freewill here in the above scenario? Either for Ahab or the lying spirit? What happened there was a clear characteristics of dictatorship. You do my will, you live! You disobey, you die! The lying spirit that was used to effect the punishment would also be punished. Punished for helping to achieve a Holy purpose. What is holy in lying? Go and ask Daddy Kumuyi, if there is anything like holy lie? It is absolute rubbish! - for me.

Let’s be realistic here; If you as a creator of a robot and suddenly the robot began to do opposite of what you intend it to do and you have what it takes to make the robot do your wish. Would you rather destroy the robot or do the needful? Infact, several person I asked, if they had created a robot, would they have given it freewill to do as it wish? All of them confirmed, Negative. And to you dear reader, would you? The fact that, you just decide to create something out of nothing is sufficient ground to negate its freewill because, the creator has a reason, a purpose for doing that. And if such object or creation does not meet the requirement as expected. It is dismantled or destroyed or better still, re-created to meet specification. Go and watch the movie called “Enthiran” or “Robot” an Indian Science fiction film, then you will think twice about freewill. No sensible creator will give freewill to its creation. Its power, we are talking about here. If God had given freewill, he would not dispose Lucifer.
[/b]

Please pardon me, i just lost a bossom christian faithful friend whom has been on my neck to return to the fold. Why would God (if he really is) allow such a bright young mind leave this world on a ground of stomachache. i am seriously furious right now
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by wirinet(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER EIGHT
WORK OUT YOUR FREEDOM AT NAIRALAND
I finished my computer program. There is this cyber café beside the computer centre, where I had become so familiar and as soon as the guy managing it leant I was good to go with computer training, he spoke to his boss on my behalf to employ me to easy his burden. His boss agreed and we went to the agreement table. There I messed up. What happened? Alhaji told me, he would pay me 8k as a start to assist the guy. I was so glad but there are conditions.
1. You will be alternating with him for night browsing
2. You will be coming to work on Sundays after church
3. You close at work by 9pm when the other guy would come relieve you night browsing and viCe versa.

No 2 and 3 was my problem. The devil is a liar! Is this how he wants to get me? No way! Out-rightly I rejected the offer because, I had made up my mind long before now that, any work that will not give me time to go worship God, I would not do it no matter how juicy. You see how gullible I was then all because I have been brain washed by some persons to dedicate myself to God totally. That any work that does not give glory to God is from the devil. One assertion, I would like to make is, even the devil is glorifying God because he would not do anything without God’s approval. e.g. Job’s case. The devil is doing God’s will and he is a tool in God’s hand to wreak havoc on mankind (Ahab- Micaiah – the false prophets’ saga, I Kings 22: 19 -23). Is the devil not the father of all liars? Yes, he is, so, that demon was a cousin to the devil.

Now see the reply from one Christian website, “God chose to use a lying spirit because Ahab rejected God’s rebukes and warnings all through his life and the cup of God’s wrath was full. Since God is SOVERIGN over all creation, He is not RESTRICTED in what or whom He can use to accomplish his holy purpose, and He chooses to use people and spirits, both good and evil to bring his divine plans to pass…. The lying spirit will receive its punishment just as Ahab did.” This last statement got me cracking and I am tempted to say my mind here on God’s will but I promise to do that as a subject matter on its own. I will make reference to this portion. Mind you, the above statement is coming from a reputable Christian website. Though, I do know there are several versions of the answer but all agree on one thing, God is God can do as he wish with his creation. Gbam!

If Ahab was really God’s creation and God is all Powerful! With God NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Why would God descend so low to use a lying spirit to deceive his creation where on a better note, he could just turn the heart of Ahab to do the right thing. Write his law in his heart. Give him a new heart as he promised in Isaiah. More so, I laugh at the idea or rather theory of freewill being preached. Where is freewill here in the above scenario? Either for Ahab or the lying spirit? What happened there was a clear characteristics of dictatorship. You do my will, you live! You disobey, you die! The lying spirit that was used to effect the punishment would also be punished. Punished for helping to achieve a Holy purpose. What is holy in lying? Go and ask Daddy Kumuyi, if there is anything like holy lie? It is absolute rubbish! - for me.

Let’s be realistic here; If you as a creator of a robot and suddenly the robot began to do opposite of what you intend it to do and you have what it takes to make the robot do your wish. Would you rather destroy the robot or do the needful? Infact, several person I asked, if they had created a robot, would they have given it freewill to do as it wish? All of them confirmed, Negative. And to you dear reader, would you? The fact that, you just decide to create something out of nothing is sufficient ground to negate its freewill because, the creator has a reason, a purpose for doing that. And if such object or creation does not meet the requirement as expected. It is dismantled or destroyed or better still, re-created to meet specification. Go and watch the movie called “Enthiran” or “Robot” an Indian Science fiction film, then you will think twice about freewill. No sensible creator will give freewill to its creation. Its power, we are talking about here. If God had given freewill, he would not dispose Lucifer.
[/b]

Please pardon me, i just lost a bossom christian faithful friend whom has been on my neck to return to the fold. Why would God (if he really is) allow such a bright young mind leave this world on a ground of stomachache. i am seriously furious right now

Sorry for your loss, but it was not God himself/itself that allowed the bright young man to die. It is probably his belief in God that allowed your friend to die. If he had been a little bit more faithless, he would have seeked professional medical help sooner instead of praying and fasting over the stomach ache with the popular Christian declaration " i am strong". He most probably died of untreated typhoid infection which is very common and deadly(if left untreated) due to drinking pure (poor) water and eating in bukas.

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 4:17pm On May 13, 2016
[b]CHAPTER EIGHT
CONTINUE
Now, permit to make this assertion, Now Ahab was too powerful for God to just squeeze life out of him. It sounds absolutely crazy for some being like God to use a lying spirit to convince his enemy to where he wants him to die, some mere mortal. Am sorry to say this, let me say it in the words of Brad Pitt (Achilles), what he told the Virgin priestess he took during the raid at Apollo’s temple. He said, “Let me tell you something, you were not told in your temple, THE GODS ARE JELOUS OF US BECAUSE WE ARE MORTALS”. I can’t agree less to this statement in the light of the above and many more to be revealed.
So I lost the opportunity to earn cool money and have access to unlimited information. Though, I still help the café guy so I do enjoy some free airtime to browse. It was in this process, I encountered Nairaland. I became an avid reader, and comment on anything relating to Christianity. I defended it on Nairaland with the likes of Davidlan, Frosbel- (whom I think are now agnostics (LOL), see wetin curiousity dey do person) amongst others against Olabowale and other Muslims. It was like a religious war. That was when I did so much reading on Islam, came across, this book “Who is this Allah” and many other eye-opener books. It was Nairaland that exposed me to a lot of Christian issues of contention in Christendom such as TITHING, PROSPERITY MESSAGES, SEED SOWING etc. I recall, I wrote a brain-washed article on tithing defending it as much as I could until, I researched and found the truth about it. I was angry with the church about it.
So I thought, if tithing is falsehood, then there are several others that we are blind to, Hence, I began full-fledge digging but a controlled one. The likes of Olabowale raised a lot of issues about the bible. Though then I refuse to be objective with the issue. I decided to pick each matter up. I realized a lot of issues were not making sense. Top on my list then was, the issue of the missing verse in I John 5: 6-9 with respect to King James Version, NIV and some other versions. I could not believe it. Who is lying? Who is saying the truth? The funny thing is, most of these issues, I took to the church and they will always make you feel you are erring and being rebellious if you insist they critically address the matter. You do not want to be a rebel- remember, Korah, Dathan and Abiram, they will ring in your ears. So, I shut down. But I went to see one of our ministers on the above issue. He told me, he would make his findings and get back to me. Till date, I have not heard from him. Though, I was thinking, I should go to him to get answers but I have a feeling, he is lost, himself but cannot just admit it.
One thing Christianity has successfully done to curious minds is to make them daft in thinking especially when it wants to make them question God. You will just conclude, there are certain questions that cannot be answered now until we get to heaven. Yes! quite correct- with respect to the bolden, but how sure are you that you will get to heaven? And also questions that one can’t find answer to, should not be filled with the God factor. God does not know all, if he does, he would not have created the devil and many other things he would have avoided.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 7:15pm On May 14, 2016
[b]CHAPTER NINE
THE IBADAN EXPERIENCE
I wrote NECO again and this time, I made my papers so I was good to move further in my academics. I wrote jamb 1, 2, no admission. I began to get frustrated. Mind you, I passed my jamb with no less than 200 in both so do not think, I did bad. I was just unlucky with Unilorin and Uniport respectively. So, I took pre-degree forms for University of Ibadan and I found myself in the heart of Ibadanland. Somewhere around Mokola axis, I stayed with a brother who was a chronic Womanizer and to make matters worse for me, my married neighbor’s friend was trying seriously hard to seduce me (LOL). I was very strong in the faith coupled with mum’s sex teaching. I was not into girls or relationship. Maybe, I should talk about that here. I never got interest in any lady until I got admission into the university and basically because of religious influence such as the, do not fornicate, keep yourself holy and stuffs like that bla bla bla. But on the other hand, personality would not help matter. How do I mean? I hate embarrassment not even from the opposite sex. A lady who is interested in you will give you green light but yet suffer you. My brother, I can’t go through that suffering. For what? No way! So I stayed away from anything in skirt. The disadvantages are that
1. It made me emotionally self-centered
2. It made it difficult for me to have a casual discussion with the opposite sex. The only discussion I can be free is only religious. Let’s just discuss the bible and the funny thing is, it makes them more attracted to me. Though I could sense it. I just ignore their feelings towards me. And I move on. Well ladies want feedback, that feeling of being wanted, that feeling of being appreciated and when they try to reach out to you by all means they can and all you give back is cold, frigid response. They chillout and that’s how I lost most of my female friends even to very bad boys. Infact, One of them hate me completely till today. When I get there, I narrate that, if I am led to. Well, I do not care sha back then.
3. It feeds my ego that I am attractive to ladies and I enjoyed that feeling
4. It made me clueless about ladies, I mean seriously clueless on ladies’/relationship issues. Thanks to DG for making me a better person in ladies’ matter. It’s so unfortunate, she could not come to terms with my present position on religion. I do miss her.
Anyway, the good side to it is that;
1. It help me focus better things like my academics
2. It help me to stay pure and holy before God. So I think
3. It made ladies respect me so much that, they can allow me stay alone in the house with them. Guarantee, nothing is going to happen. Even now
Am sure someone is feeling bad for me, another wants to know my position on sex presently. Well, here it is; Sex for me should be for people who are deeply aware of the consequences and the responsibilities that follows and be ready to take responsibility for it. I no longer care about religious disposition towards it because of this scenario. This happened at the verge of leaving Christianity; I was a staunch antagonist of pre-marital sex, because of the responsibility attached to it, is majorly that of the married persons coupled with the biblical injunction. I recall, I held a sex seminar in church, proclaiming it. But, frankly, can we be objective for once. Everything in life has advantage and disadvantage. I came across a story on Nairaland about a lady who upheld the no sex before marriage thing with her pastor spouse. In fact, it was the guy that made it clear to her. She was so happy about it. It is indeed rare to find a man like that. It is either he is lying or just truthfully hiding something. Anyway, marriage came according to the story, she narrated that, the guy told her, they should give tithe of their marriage to God, that they agreed to give about three months to God i.e. no sex. Whaoooo! What a thoughtful couple. Three month ended, no show. She spoke to the guy about her need. The guy was always dulging, until the sixth month, madam provoke one faithful night, today na today, it must happen or u kill me. The guy then, opened up to her that, he is impotent. He was advised to take a ‘leap of faith’, get married and pray towards potency. Hence, his no sex thing and tithe of marriage stuff. The lady was devastated and came to Nairaland to seek advice. If I recall, most persons agreed that she left the marriage because it was not built on trust. (Please the story was narrated, the way I could recall, I could have added or removed from it but please, set the point, I want to draw from the story). There is another one I heard of, I can’t recall, where, maybe Nairaland too, about two lovebirds from OAU, the guy graduated before the girl, they finished, bla bla bla, they ended chaining down themselves in marriage. The guy began to miss for house, come late to the house when madam don sleep. Mind you during their university days, when the love started, the guy promised not to touch her till wedding- this kind thing dey shack woman head heh, especially, if she still a virgin. Now, wedding don come, there was no sign of show anytime soon. She went to her inlaws to complain. Where she was asked, if she does not know before about her hubby’s predicament. She was like, which predicament? The old man was then diplomatic, called his son, to come and tell his wife, then it dawn on her that, she don enter one chance. She left the marriage according to the story. After reading that story, I was like “Wait! Is my drilling tool in good condition to drill when the time comes?”. The answer that came to my head was, “How will you know, if u never attempted to test it”. Now, I can’t test, No. But, I did test when I removed the religious burden off my neck anyway. Now If these couples had attempted an away match, once or twice. They would have resolved their issues and save themselves the pain and agony that followed much later. Now, those stories were registered in my medulla oblongata, questions like, why did this kind of a thing happen to a sexually pure couple? why did God not honour their marriage with that miracle? They had not defiled their bed. This is really disturbing.
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 7:25pm On May 15, 2016
[b]CHAPTER NINE
CONTINUE
Back to me, the first time, I tried having sex, e no funny ooo. When it was time for the main show, my drilling tool was not responding. I was like, chai… it have be for me. We both tried to make it work, for where, when it was time for penetration, it just went down like a busted tire. I was perplexed and disturbed. The story, I narrated above, came back flooding to my mind. I called a friend who was very good with ladies. He told me, I was just nervous and that I should try again and that if not, I should use enhancement drugs. I shouted “at what age, ify?” He laughed but calmed me down. He had always been another devil pushing me to try relate with ladies and I vehemently refused. Well, I tried again, same story. I had come to accept my fate that, I am not good down there. I was like, is it because of the religious/self-discipline I gave myself because, seriously, I went extra mile to avoid intimacy with ladies i.e. I conditioned my mind to be blank when I see, talk, walk with ladies. I mean, I was blank, no stray thought. Mind you, at that kind of mindset, your drilling tool will never shake body and thus, my drilling tool had adjusted to the conditioning. Now, it was not totally working sha, but at any moment some beauty queen breaks my thought, I immediately eject the thought by either leave the place, start to sing or get active in something that will take me away from my stupid thought. In fact, at some point, I began to hear rumor that I was gay. (LOL). Well, I guess, this saying is true, “Too much of everything is BAD”.
I had to break free from religious stronghold before it finally happened. Mind you, I did it with someone I deeply love. I am no player. I had to dispel the idea of God is watching you, you are sinning, defiling yourself crap and gradual reconditioning of my mindset towards ladies before I could drill with efficiency.

Now, before some people crucify me, I did not regret doing it. In fact, I felt better, liberated and like a man that is capable down stairs. And I am willing to take responsibility, if go careless. See, sexual compatibility is highly recommended in today’s marriage. If you enter one chance, na OYO state o, I go come chop rice, clean mouth and go find my own. Your one chance may not be an impotent man, it could be a sexless and rigid lady, it could be lady or guy with low libido and you are on the high side and also vice versa. A friend recently told me about how she ended her relationship because of sex. She hates it (LOL) and my guy was at attention 24-7. I was like, “for real?”. She said, yes and I told her, don’t fall in love and put yourself in boundage called marriage with a hot blooded fella else, that is the beginning of the End.

Now, Sex outside its procreation ability, is also an exercise of pleasure for both parties. So, if God made it for only married couples, I think, he did not think smart enough to have activated our sexuality at adolescent age. I could have done better than that by activating man’s sexuality on the day one of their marriage. But, the hormones have been raging since age 12 and 14 respectively and you expect some persons to hold on to when they will marry with no specific age to marry. Tell me, for those ladies who are unlucky to marry at 35, 40, how do they cope?. Am sorry to say, God did a very bad job there. But at the end, man is to blame for what he finds himself doing naturally that he can’t possibly stop.

Hence, my fluidity on pre-marital sex. Enjoy it while you can, provided it is consented to by both parties. After all, Even the marriage sef, there is no guarantee. Both the ones who go into marriage as virgins and otherwise, still divorce. So also, both Christian and non-Christian marriage also get divorced with Christian divorcees on the increase. Let’s stop deceiving ourselves. Let’s admit who we are, embrace it and live our lives till death pluck you away from the tree of life. I do not advice anyone less than 20 to engage in it. (My take)- none of these happened at Ibadan
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2016
wirinet:

Sorry for your loss, but it was not God himself/itself that allowed the bright young man to die. It is probably his belief in God that allowed your friend to die. If he had been a little bit more faithless, he would have seeked professional medical help sooner instead of praying and fasting over the stomach ache with the popular Christian declaration " i am strong". He most probably died of untreated typhoid infection which is very common and deadly(if left untreated) due to drinking pure (poor) water and eating in bukas.

Sorry about your loss dankol. God's Word attest that even God's own people perish for lack of knowledge. God doesn't command or restrain us not to do the needful when sick. We hope your friend went to be with God though. Hes finished his course, remains us.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER EIGHT
CONTINUE
Now, permit to make this assertion, Now Ahab was too powerful for God to just squeeze life out of him. It sounds absolutely crazy for some being like God to use a lying spirit to convince his enemy to where he wants him to die, some mere mortal. Am sorry to say this, let me say it in the words of Brad Pitt (Achilles), what he told the Virgin priestess he took during the raid at Apollo’s temple. He said, “Let me tell you something, you were not told in your temple, THE GODS ARE JELOUS OF US BECAUSE WE ARE MORTALS”. I can’t agree less to this statement in the light of the above and many more to be revealed.
So I lost the opportunity to earn cool money and have access to unlimited information. Though, I still help the café guy so I do enjoy some free airtime to browse. It was in this process, I encountered Nairaland. I became an avid reader, and comment on anything relating to Christianity. I defended it on Nairaland with the likes of Davidlan, Frosbel- (whom I think are now agnostics (LOL), see wetin curiousity dey do person) amongst others against Olabowale and other Muslims. It was like a religious war. That was when I did so much reading on Islam, came across, this book “Who is this Allah” and many other eye-opener books. It was Nairaland that exposed me to a lot of Christian issues of contention in Christendom such as TITHING, PROSPERITY MESSAGES, SEED SOWING etc. I recall, I wrote a brain-washed article on tithing defending it as much as I could until, I researched and found the truth about it. I was angry with the church about it.
So I thought, if tithing is falsehood, then there are several others that we are blind to, Hence, I began full-fledge digging but a controlled one. The likes of Olabowale raised a lot of issues about the bible. Though then I refuse to be objective with the issue. I decided to pick each matter up. I realized a lot of issues were not making sense. Top on my list then was, the issue of the missing verse in I John 5: 6-9 with respect to King James Version, NIV and some other versions. I could not believe it. Who is lying? Who is saying the truth? The funny thing is, most of these issues, I took to the church and they will always make you feel you are erring and being rebellious if you insist they critically address the matter. You do not want to be a rebel- remember, Korah, Dathan and Abiram, they will ring in your ears. So, I shut down. But I went to see one of our ministers on the above issue. He told me, he would make his findings and get back to me. Till date, I have not heard from him. Though, I was thinking, I should go to him to get answers but I have a feeling, he is lost, himself but cannot just admit it.
One thing Christianity has successfully done to curious minds is to make them daft in thinking especially when it wants to make them question God. You will just conclude, there are certain questions that cannot be answered now until we get to heaven. Yes! quite correct- with respect to the bolden, but how sure are you that you will get to heaven? And also questions that one can’t find answer to, should not be filled with the God factor. God does not know all, if he does, he would not have created the devil and many other things he would have avoided.
[/b]

Davidylan is a Christian, I recall he left the forum for more engaging things. Frosbel is a backslider we warned well,though he still claim to be a Christian last i read of him. You don't need to lie or paint untrue pictures. You were never on nl's Christianity 'forefront' as it were, why deceiving others to think davidylan and frosb were your colleagues and you all know otherwise now. Looking through your profile, fits my description of you. You were simply a devoted religious person affected by the politics,corruption and poverty of the land and its ministers.

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by geoworldedu: 2:16pm On May 17, 2016
dankol:
[b]Prologue
The battle for the soul of man is not between God and the Devil. It is rather within the circle of some powerful, psychotic and hypnotical men and yearning for freedom, rationalism, realism and sheer Ignorance. I do not know all, I do not wish to know all but I strongly want to know the ‘Whys’, ‘How’ and ‘Who’ have succeeded to make man this pathetic. I may not have experience many other religions outside Christianity but it is a basic fact that they all use same modus operandi to keep their adherents. Hence, my generalization to put all kinds of religion into one basket.
To be frank, I do not see any religion get into the 23rd century because just like a mustard seed grows in a big tree, atheism and all its allies are expanding with little or less evangelism but with the aid of the Internet and available information. The Curious ones are beginning to get enlightened. Curiosity, they say, kills the cat; Sorry I beg to differ, Curiosity, I think, frees the cat.
I know, if this story gets out, and I wish it does, it will create more enemies for me than I could imagine but more importantly, I am concerned about my friends, colleagues, former spiritual protégés and many persons who look up to me. They will be so disappointed and would find it difficult to accept it. Yea, it was also difficult for me, it is the most painful decision I have made till date. I am already paying the price, some of my closest allies have distanced themselves, some don’t even want to talk to me (LOL) but then, I am a lover of freedom even though it does not exist in the real sense of the word but then, I have this motto that keeps me going: I can DISCOMFORT myself for YOU(ANYBODY); But I will NOT DISPLEASE myself because of YOU. This is where the line is being drawn, just like the Yoruba adage that says “A farm which belongs to both the father and his son cannot exist without having a demarcation between them”.
So let me apologize ahead to all who would perhaps be pissed off, disappointed and do, say all manner of negativity; I am deeply sorry I groomed, encourage, helped, taught you in FAITH I would later abandon. It was not my intention. But I want you to know, I did all I did with all sincerity of heart and purity and hope of making you a better person. Which I know many of you are, courtesy of my impartation and maybe some of you have fallen away just like me. But I assure you of one thing, my personality, character has not changed except my FAITH which transformed to FACTS. I no longer walk by FAITH; I work with FACTS.
How I wish, Christianity was real. But then, it has her good sides which is far less than its dark sides. I am not here to expose that, but to tell you my story. At least give me the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, I am not expecting much positivity from this. I just hope you will understand now or later.
[/b]

Save yourself the stress, because the DOCTRINE OF THE Ufos revealed to Otemanuduno is going to take over. The doctrine is exactly the doctrine of using our brain instead of having a religion. I have read it and I can say, so far I am convinced that religion is evil.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER NINE
THE IBADAN EXPERIENCE
I wrote NECO again and this time, I made my papers so I was good to move further in my academics. I wrote jamb 1, 2, no admission. I began to get frustrated. Mind you, I passed my jamb with no less than 200 in both so do not think, I did bad. I was just unlucky with Unilorin and Uniport respectively. So, I took pre-degree forms for University of Ibadan and I found myself in the heart of Ibadanland. Somewhere around Mokola axis, I stayed with a brother who was a chronic Womanizer and to make matters worse for me, my married neighbor’s friend was trying seriously hard to seduce me (LOL). I was very strong in the faith coupled with mum’s sex teaching. I was not into girls or relationship. Maybe, I should talk about that here. I never got interest in any lady until I got admission into the university and basically because of religious influence such as the, do not fornicate, keep yourself holy and stuffs like that bla bla bla. But on the other hand, personality would not help matter. How do I mean? I hate embarrassment not even from the opposite sex. A lady who is interested in you will give you green light but yet suffer you. My brother, I can’t go through that suffering. For what? No way! So I stayed away from anything in skirt. The disadvantages are that
1. It made me emotionally self-centered
2. It made it difficult for me to have a casual discussion with the opposite sex. The only discussion I can be free is only religious. Let’s just discuss the bible and the funny thing is, it makes them more attracted to me. Though I could sense it. I just ignore their feelings towards me. And I move on. Well ladies want feedback, that feeling of being wanted, that feeling of being appreciated and when they try to reach out to you by all means they can and all you give back is cold, frigid response. They chillout and that’s how I lost most of my female friends even to very bad boys. Infact, One of them hate me completely till today. When I get there, I narrate that, if I am led to. Well, I do not care sha back then.
3. It feeds my ego that I am attractive to ladies and I enjoyed that feeling
4. It made me clueless about ladies, I mean seriously clueless on ladies’/relationship issues. Thanks to DG for making me a better person in ladies’ matter. It’s so unfortunate, she could not come to terms with my present position on religion. I do miss her.
Anyway, the good side to it is that;
1. It help me focus better things like my academics
2. It help me to stay pure and holy before God. So I think
3. It made ladies respect me so much that, they can allow me stay alone in the house with them. Guarantee, nothing is going to happen. Even now
Am sure someone is feeling bad for me, another wants to know my position on sex presently. Well, here it is; Sex for me should be for people who are deeply aware of the consequences and the responsibilities that follows and be ready to take responsibility for it. I no longer care about religious disposition towards it because of this scenario. This happened at the verge of leaving Christianity; I was a staunch antagonist of pre-marital sex, because of the responsibility attached to it, is majorly that of the married persons coupled with the biblical injunction. I recall, I held a sex seminar in church, proclaiming it. But, frankly, can we be objective for once. Everything in life has advantage and disadvantage. I came across a story on Nairaland about a lady who upheld the no sex before marriage thing with her pastor spouse. In fact, it was the guy that made it clear to her. She was so happy about it. It is indeed rare to find a man like that. It is either he is lying or just truthfully hiding something. Anyway, marriage came according to the story, she narrated that, the guy told her, they should give tithe of their marriage to God, that they agreed to give about three months to God i.e. no sex. Whaoooo! What a thoughtful couple. Three month ended, no show. She spoke to the guy about her need. The guy was always dulging, until the sixth month, madam provoke one faithful night, today na today, it must happen or u kill me. The guy then, opened up to her that, he is impotent. He was advised to take a ‘leap of faith’, get married and pray towards potency. Hence, his no sex thing and tithe of marriage stuff. The lady was devastated and came to Nairaland to seek advice. If I recall, most persons agreed that she left the marriage because it was not built on trust. (Please the story was narrated, the way I could recall, I could have added or removed from it but please, set the point, I want to draw from the story). There is another one I heard of, I can’t recall, where, maybe Nairaland too, about two lovebirds from OAU, the guy graduated before the girl, they finished, bla bla bla, they ended chaining down themselves in marriage. The guy began to miss for house, come late to the house when madam don sleep. Mind you during their university days, when the love started, the guy promised not to touch her till wedding- this kind thing dey shack woman head heh, especially, if she still a virgin. Now, wedding don come, there was no sign of show anytime soon. She went to her inlaws to complain. Where she was asked, if she does not know before about her hubby’s predicament. She was like, which predicament? The old man was then diplomatic, called his son, to come and tell his wife, then it dawn on her that, she don enter one chance. She left the marriage according to the story. After reading that story, I was like “Wait! Is my drilling tool in good condition to drill when the time comes?”. The answer that came to my head was, “How will you know, if u never attempted to test it”. Now, I can’t test, No. But, I did test when I removed the religious burden off my neck anyway. Now If these couples had attempted an away match, once or twice. They would have resolved their issues and save themselves the pain and agony that followed much later. Now, those stories were registered in my medulla oblongata, questions like, why did this kind of a thing happen to a sexually pure couple? why did God not honour their marriage with that miracle? They had not defiled their bed. This is really disturbing.
[/b]

This is a very weird thing to hear. YYou have to fornicate to kñow if you are potent? You sure should be iñ the village, very archaic.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 3:40pm On May 17, 2016
[b]CHAPTER NINE
CONTINUE JARE
Let go to the religious part of the story, the church I attended at home has branches all over the country and beyond, so I do not need to search for a befitting one all over again. I joined one of the branches closest to where I live. I recall, the first day, I attended the church service, it was a very warm one. At the end of the service, the pastor’s wife came to me to do the usual talking, persuasion to be part of them.

I told her, I am already part of them and explained I had been in the choir at another branch. Immediately, she handed me over to the choir-mistress. A very cool, calm and collected lady, she welcomed me well. That day, I went with them to a special event they were invited. I was happy, I found a nice church to worship God. My schooling was also going fine.
Trouble started for me, the day my choir mistress asked me to lead in song at the rehearsal because, the guy who was supposed to do that, was not around. I did sing. After the rehearsal, she told me, I would take the praise a/worship and both offerings ministration. I was like, madam, no. She insisted, I do it. I do not like to argue on issues when I do not have a good or strong point. I agreed. My dear reader, that Sunday service was the beginning of my nightmare in that church. That Sunday, I realized the pastor’s wife was not responding during all my ministration. She was gloomy all through. Well, I do not care. The service went fine without her. Subsequent Sundays, I was on the rooster to minister either, in praise worship, or offering and what have you. Now unknown to me, the guy who had been the celebrity before I came was the Pastor’s son. He had become like a tin god to the choir courtesy of his mother. So he does as he likes and get away with it. So when the choir mistress saw what I did with songs. She disposed the guy partially by using him less. So war was unleashed on me unknowingly. To make matters worse, he has about two or three siblings in the choir apart from loyalists like the drummer, who was dating one of the sister. That was when I knew another dimension of church politics. In the church, there are factions different types and kinds such as
1. The I-don’t-care factions of a church/unit- I belong here. I do criticize too but not the person but the doctrine or message.
2. The Criticizers-ever waiting to pounce on you at any mistake
3. The loyalists- these ones are seeking for favour from the leader and would do anything to remain in the good books of the leader
4. The Wailers- they support no one like the i-don’t-care faction yet, they will wail and complain about everything. They are not criticizing you. They are just telling you thing are not just supposed to be like this, it should have been like this. Tell them to come up to do it. They will run.

In fact, a faction can just be one person because he/she has his own ideology he/she wants implemented. Well, the Ibadan experience equipped me for a much more dangerous turf where I finally quit the stage. Back to my story, suddenly, when it is my turn to lead in song, the microphones will be faulty, or the drummer will not be around, or the back-up singers will be unresponding as they ought to. But, as soon as the young man takes over from me, or during his lead ministration, come and see turn around. At first, when I noticed, I ignored the whole thing. I continued steadfastly but I noticed, all eyes were on me, my speech, my movement, were being watched. I ignored still. Until one vigil, at the rehearsal, we had rehearsed and perfected everything with everyone intact and ready. The vigil came, the young man was to lead in praise/worship. He did and everyone was in high spirit. When the second round came, it was my turn, I started well, but the drummer was misbehaving, I managed to do my best but my zeal was dampened. Later, that morning, I went to the choir mistress to inform her of what I observed. She promised to do something about it. I think, that got her into trouble with the Pastor’s wife but I do not know the details, she refused to tell me but I knew she had issues with her. The nonsense did not stop, I told myself, I am not competing with this boy- indeed he was a boy, far younger than I am. So I told the choir mistress, I won’t like to lead in song. I would be a back-up tenor singer. She tried to dissuade me. I told her, I won’t. The boy was enjoying his free ride again. All alone. Things became fine. No more, bad microphone and other funny issues except for the drummer guy. I did not know what happened.

But one Sunday service, he did not show up. I stepped in. Everybody was like, “Who teach am? Can he even play this thing?”. Choir mistress was worried, I told her, am pretty good and she should not worry. She had faith in me and I did not disappoint her. That day, a lot of church member came to me for the first time, to commend me for playing the drum set and said a lot of good things. I did not know that, the attention I got, will get me into another issue. I began to play drum set regularly. Now, see the politics, the drummer boy is in the celebrity guy’s faction and loyalist of the pastor’s wife. So it was like, my presence there is overshadowing theirs such that, people are no longer noticing them as it used to be. So it sparked anger and jealousy in all involved. There is young guy too in the choir, very unserious though, but he was a lap dog to this pastor’s son (the celebrity guy) but since I came, he began to follow me, I tried to dissuade him, he won’t bug. To make matters worse for me, he lives a stone’s throw away from my place of residence, so I could not push him off totally. He always come around. We chat, I advise him and also pray with him. He was an addict of this “BABA IJEBU LOTTO”. The two sisters he has in the choir too, former loyalists of the pastor’s wife were trying to get close too. So I was like a show spoiler, fun destroyer, fame stealer to them. But seriously, I did not make any conscious effort towards all the aforementioned. I just did my thing because I loved God and want to please him not man.
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 4:14pm On May 18, 2016
[b]CHAPTER NINE
CONTINUE JARE JARE

Also, in school, I mean the Pre-degree stuff- (na this one funny me pass), I and another zealous brother started a fellowship which began to grow in membership, I was like supporting him anyway. Some other guys who were also sound in the word, joined us to preach, pray and you know, keep the fire burning.

Now, I and my co-founder live off-campus so, we allowed two of these word seasoned brothers to coordinate from the hostel. Things were going well, suddenly, these two brothers, decline to be joining us in the Friday fellowship. Suddenly a large chunk of members withdrew. I found out that, they had started their own fellowship which was slated for Saturday. So they told their would-be members not to join us again and since 90% of students lived in the hostel, most went with them. It was a Power play which I understand very well. Now prior to this breakaway, the overzealous guys were brainwashed by one of the lecturers teaching us, he took them to his church. I did not know what he did to them but they were never the same again. When they came back, they told me and my co-founder that, we should make the fellowship an arm of the man’s church and that after our Friday meeting’s. We should encourage all members to go for church service.

I was shocked because they were speaking with so much authority. Well, I was glad about the kind of nature, my co-founder has, we both did not agree to the offer because it negates why it was even started in the first place because, we do not take offering. Now making us a student church of some rookie church will make us take orders from the church which will surely request we take offering and even tithe. They refused and to spoil the fun, they said, “God told them so”.
So when, the break-away occurred, I was not surprised that it occurred but I was surprised at the temerity and tenacity of these guys. At what age? They are already usurping power. Since, they now control, majority of the fellowship, Personally, I stepped down and do not attend again. My co-founder did the same and we handed over everything to them not because we were afraid, but frankly speaking, we could not win that game. Both of us were living outside the hostel. They will win and I do not like to lose when I play game. So I, we did the honourable thing. We both had the same mindset and opinion on issues.

Now, that scenario is a typical example of what I really happening in many big churches and even smaller ones just that, we did not cause a scene. Over what? Money or fame. We never wanted any. We just wanted to fellowship. That’s all
My dear reader, na school carry me come, no be church or fellowship, so let me concentrate on the real thing, it will determine if I will be admitted or not. So my involvement with the fellowship ended even when I got admission into school proper but not UI, I never had anything to do with fellowship because, like I had affirmed earlier, I hate hypocrisy. It turns me off. And Students’ fellowship is a hypocrisy hub. How will a papa that was asking me question 2 in the exam hall come to preach to me? What will he say that will enter my ears? I can’t listen to him. Or the choir director who I know how many guys she slept with that week alone and she will come with her Lucifer voice to lead in worship. I no fit stay under that kind anointing abeg except I don’t know. That was why I opted completely for the church, these stuff do happen in church, but it’s not as open as it is in student circles.
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 4:33pm On May 18, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER NINE
CONTINUE JARE
Let go to the religious part of the story, the church I attended at home has branches all over the country and beyond, so I do not need to search for a befitting one all over again. I joined one of the branches closest to where I live. I recall, the first day, I attended the church service, it was a very warm one. At the end of the service, the pastor’s wife came to me to do the usual talking, persuasion to be part of them.

I told her, I am already part of them and explained I had been in the choir at another branch. Immediately, she handed me over to the choir-mistress. A very cool, calm and collected lady, she welcomed me well. That day, I went with them to a special event they were invited. I was happy, I found a nice church to worship God. My schooling was also going fine.
Trouble started for me, the day my choir mistress asked me to lead in song at the rehearsal because, the guy who was supposed to do that, was not around. I did sing. After the rehearsal, she told me, I would take the praise a/worship and both offerings ministration. I was like, madam, no. She insisted, I do it. I do not like to argue on issues when I do not have a good or strong point. I agreed. My dear reader, that Sunday service was the beginning of my nightmare in that church. That Sunday, I realized the pastor’s wife was not responding during all my ministration. She was gloomy all through. Well, I do not care. The service went fine without her. Subsequent Sundays, I was on the rooster to minister either, in praise worship, or offering and what have you. Now unknown to me, the guy who had been the celebrity before I came was the Pastor’s son. He had become like a tin god to the choir courtesy of his mother. So he does as he likes and get away with it. So when the choir mistress saw what I did with songs. She disposed the guy partially by using him less. So war was unleashed on me unknowingly. To make matters worse, he has about two or three siblings in the choir apart from loyalists like the drummer, who was dating one of the sister. That was when I knew another dimension of church politics. In the church, there are factions different types and kinds such as
1. The I-don’t-care factions of a church/unit- I belong here. I do criticize too but not the person but the doctrine or message.
2. The Criticizers-ever waiting to pounce on you at any mistake
3. The loyalists- these ones are seeking for favour from the leader and would do anything to remain in the good books of the leader
4. The Wailers- they support no one like the i-don’t-care faction yet, they will wail and complain about everything. They are not criticizing you. They are just telling you thing are not just supposed to be like this, it should have been like this. Tell them to come up to do it. They will run.

In fact, a faction can just be one person because he/she has his own ideology he/she wants implemented. Well, the Ibadan experience equipped me for a much more dangerous turf where I finally quit the stage. Back to my story, suddenly, when it is my turn to lead in song, the microphones will be faulty, or the drummer will not be around, or the back-up singers will be unresponding as they ought to. But, as soon as the young man takes over from me, or during his lead ministration, come and see turn around. At first, when I noticed, I ignored the whole thing. I continued steadfastly but I noticed, all eyes were on me, my speech, my movement, were being watched. I ignored still. Until one vigil, at the rehearsal, we had rehearsed and perfected everything with everyone intact and ready. The vigil came, the young man was to lead in praise/worship. He did and everyone was in high spirit. When the second round came, it was my turn, I started well, but the drummer was misbehaving, I managed to do my best but my zeal was dampened. Later, that morning, I went to the choir mistress to inform her of what I observed. She promised to do something about it. I think, that got her into trouble with the Pastor’s wife but I do not know the details, she refused to tell me but I knew she had issues with her. The nonsense did not stop, I told myself, I am not competing with this boy- indeed he was a boy, far younger than I am. So I told the choir mistress, I won’t like to lead in song. I would be a back-up tenor singer. She tried to dissuade me. I told her, I won’t. The boy was enjoying his free ride again. All alone. Things became fine. No more, bad microphone and other funny issues except for the drummer guy. I did not know what happened.

But one Sunday service, he did not show up. I stepped in. Everybody was like, “Who teach am? Can he even play this thing?”. Choir mistress was worried, I told her, am pretty good and she should not worry. She had faith in me and I did not disappoint her. That day, a lot of church member came to me for the first time, to commend me for playing the drum set and said a lot of good things. I did not know that, the attention I got, will get me into another issue. I began to play drum set regularly. Now, see the politics, the drummer boy is in the celebrity guy’s faction and loyalist of the pastor’s wife. So it was like, my presence there is overshadowing theirs such that, people are no longer noticing them as it used to be. So it sparked anger and jealousy in all involved. There is young guy too in the choir, very unserious though, but he was a lap dog to this pastor’s son (the celebrity guy) but since I came, he began to follow me, I tried to dissuade him, he won’t bug. To make matters worse for me, he lives a stone’s throw away from my place of residence, so I could not push him off totally. He always come around. We chat, I advise him and also pray with him. He was an addict of this “BABA IJEBU LOTTO”. The two sisters he has in the choir too, former loyalists of the pastor’s wife were trying to get close too. So I was like a show spoiler, fun destroyer, fame stealer to them. But seriously, I did not make any conscious effort towards all the aforementioned. I just did my thing because I loved God and want to please him not man.
[/b]

Politics is found everywhere unfortunately. One should not be so naive and shocked to the point of atheism at such discovery.

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by meshi1990(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2016
i am following ur story please kip it up
Ur story looks disjointed..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Simple Ways To Avoid And Overcome Sin. / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.