Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion (13414 Views)

PR In Religion / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration / The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:

Thanks bro.. but i think you guys are getting me wrong.. If i wanted to leave the church/religion because of the unfortunate events happening, i would have left long ago.. but i came to admit the humanity in our spirituality, hence i ignored all the rubbish, thats why i can tell you all that story. there are other intricate scenerios i would have brought up, but i choose not to. the cause of my leaving religion is based on the scripture inadequacy and the concept of God. that is why i put forward the exerts in blue... See what we are brainwashed to believe as unique about christiandom is actually not true... Dnt worry, my thoughts will help you understand me better, that is if you choose to. mind you, that does not mean you agree with me. Thanks for the invitation, If Jesus loves me, he would have answered my questions..

Did you say leaning on Jesus... i tried it, it got me nothing sir... I am leaning on NO ONE.

You never leaned on Jesus, you were never born again. Jesus never knew you.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:

Q1: Thats the point, just as they lost their relevance like child's play same is happening to christianity
Q2: Bro, sorry to say this, Jesus was actually a made-up historical figure, a compilation of all the aforementioned. There is no record of his existence outside the bible by people of his own time.. if you got one, pls pop it up.. i would gladly want to read such ancient no-biblical reference

This a a paramount level of ignorance on display. Your very date of birth is tracked to the existence of Jesus. You must be very smart than the whole world that knows otherwise. Have you read any ancient reference to verify the existence of Socrates, or Plato, or any of the Caesars, or even recent Shakespear? i'm sure your double standard believes that they exist/existed by faith and what you have always been told. To humour you though, read up from Flavius Josephus, Irenaeus, Ignatius and Polycarp since that is your request to acquire commonsense.

Q3: that is the difference between an organized religion riding on political wings and a casual traditional belief just like that.
Ah but you gave the impression that Jesus is no different from your over 100 names. Now, you are the one backtracking shamelessly and telling us that there is difference. Na wa oh, this freethinking business is too cheap this days, we need to remove the subsidy.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:

WAIT ... ARE YOU SAYING, THERE ARE NO DENOMINATIONS OR THERE ARE NOT AS MUCH AS CLAIMED? THAT WILL HELP ME ANSWER YOUR QUESTION EFFECTIVELY.
for q1: DO YOU BELIEVE IN OLUMBA OLUMBA AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF GOD TO MANKIND? What do you think of Mormons? Do you believe they know, worship or even believe in what you believe as Christians all of you are as a whole.. infact do you acknowledge that they are christians? if you dont mind, i would like to know the brand of christianity you belong to? it will help me hit the nail on the head better. thanks

Mormon is a christian sect, i never knew that Olumba Olumba was a christian sect or denomination or what are you implying? You just said there are over 10,000 denominations and you cannot even mention 2 conveniently to help your argument? i do not know of any christian denomination who preaches that they are the only one going to heaven. But you say that there are over 10,000 saying that? Are you drunk?
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART TWO CONTNUATIONN
I could not fight it anymore. The bible says, “SEEK AND YE WILL FIND” I went into prayers, sought the face of God, I needed answers, I was desperate to know the truth. I yearn for knowledge, I wanted to hear from him, I want him to assure me. Throughout the time I sought God in prayers, I always sing this hymn, it was my favourite then, “OH JESUS I HAVE PROMISED”. I used to be intruiged by the lyrics of that hymn. Its so powerful only if Jesus would have acted according to it;

O Jesus, I have promised
to serve thee to the end:
be thou ever near me,
my Master and my friend;
I shall not fear the battle
if thou art by my side,
nor wander from the pathway
if thou wilt be my guide.

O let me feel thee near me!
The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle,
the tempting sounds I hear;
my foes are ever near me,
around me and within;
but Jesus, draw thou nearer,
and shield my soul from sin.

O let me hear thee speaking
in accents clear and still,
above the storms of passion,
the murmurs of self-will;
O speak to reassure me,
to hasten or control;
O speak, and make me listen,
thou guardian of my soul.

O Jesus, thou hast promised
to all who follow thee,
that where thou art in glory
there shall thy servant be;
and, Jesus I have promised
to serve thee to the end;
O give me grace to follow,
my Master and my friend.

O let me see thy footmarks,
and in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
is in thy strength alone.
O guide me, call me, draw me,
uphold me to the end;
and then in heaven receive me,
my Savior and my Friend.[/b]

What exactly were you seeking for if i may ask?
When John Bode served the parish of Castle Camps, near Cambridge, England, in the middle of the nineteenth century, he had the privilege of officiating at the confirmation of his daughter and two sons. This hymn was written specifically for this occasion, and originally the first line was “O Jesus, we have promised” because all three children were making this dedication of themselves to the Lord.
While Bode wrote the hymn for young people and referred to the alluring temptations of the world, its message applies to Christians of any age. As the second stanza declares, “My foes are ever near me, around me and within.” It is easy to blame our problems on external influences, but often our greatest foe is within.

Several times I tried raising some issues up, at a point, I was not selected to ask questions at bible study, because I challenged my pastor to a stand-still the previous bible study. My radical friend of blessed memory tried his very best but he usually gets hooked up at this point: I call it, the focal point of all pertinent questions ever involving God.
What happened to having a discussion with your pastor. You are trying to blame your church for not selecting you to ask questions. Obviously, no one allows that. Nobody or organisation allows being challenged or confronted anyhow. There are many media to bear your grievances. Even board meetings are not the venue for aluta. Me that i am ready to give you answers, you have been running away na. But you want to create a scene in church and poison minds, nobody allows that. Even in family setting/meeting. Once they no that a particular fellow is not interested in progress but just want to argue or scatter everything, they either don't call him or find a way to deal with him. Why would anyone challenge his superior to a standstill publicly and expect to be given the same opportunity again?

I start by asking, is God omnipotent (all powerful), omniscience (all knowing), omnipresence (ever present and everywhere). If this is true, then, It is God’s plan for the serpent to come to the garden, deceive Eve and make Adam eat of the fruit. This also implies that, God wanted man to eat of the fruit of knowledge and be like him. But later, the scripture told us, he never wanted it so, yet he could not stop it. He would say no and go defensive and will say, God gave Adam freewill..

God is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent but those things in your bracket and in your mind are not the definition. For instance, God is not in your saliva, that should be basic enough for you to understand. Your premise is faulty and so is your conclusion.

That’s not freewill, choice between two options is not freewill, freewill actually implies, whatever decision you make is devoid of another person’s influence, reward or punishment. The truth of the matter is, an all-powerful, all-knowing, ever present God would have averted a lot of mishap that occurred in first few chapters of Genesis. If he couldn’t, I need a convincing answer to believe he is indeed all the aforementioned. To make matters worse, he regretted making man at a certain point and the only way out is to eliminate man from the face of the earth by flood... does that sound like an intelligent being to you, how much more ascribing the aforementioned three to such a being.
What is freewill and who has it? Freewill is ability to independently make a decision i.e not programmed or wired to do that. Like your choice to answer this post or not. That is an example of freewill. You choose to stay away from crime and from 4419business. You can decide to and you can decide not to, that is freewill. When you are coerced, that is not freewill. It has little or nothing to do with consequences.

Our discussion usually ends with, “God knows best, he alone can answer your question”. Infact, I realize no man can actually answer my questions satisfactorily like God would, hence, I stopped engaging people in religious discussion except you on the other end started it and I would warn you severally about the implication of what you are about to make me do. Cos If I open my mouth to talk, the seed will be sown and there will be no going back.

You have been opening your mouth wide since the start of the thread, all i see is ignorance and gullibility, though i must also pity your being unfortunate to be in the church you were. The answer is right in front of you.

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by CHARLOE(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
Plz @dankol continue sowing d seeds of doubt n reason. For so long we were made to believe doubt n reasoning are bad, but without these 2 attributes, u will always fall maga to any 419 scam.
Image123 has bin trying his best to discourage u from completing ur story but like I told him, he can't stop dis train. We're wit u, Ur story is touching thousands of people in different parts of d world, d scales are falling off their eyes n d truth is setting dem free from d bondage of religion. Kudos to u n hardmirror
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
blessedvisky:

Lol. What I'm saying is that the Christian denominations are not NEARLY as much as claimed. I'm still challenging you to type 50 different denominations that you know from your memory.

*) when a certain person of group of people come together with little Bible knowledge start coming together to sing and dance, I guess that's your definition of 'denomination' since you believe that olumba olumba is a denomination of Christianity.

You seem not to know what Christianity is. It's all about Christ. When you see any group of people start referring to extra-biblical characters and sources + the bible, can you also say they are denominations of Christianity?. ? If that is true, then I guess Islam too will be a branch of Christianity since they believe Muhammad is the Holy Spirit and the quran calls JESUS 'messiah'

Christianity has no brand. If you asked me where I worshipped(church) that will have made more sense. But you should be able to guess since I already asked you to debunk Speaking with tongues. That should give you an idea.

You are just proving the point am gona make soon about the so called body of christ. Lol so Olumba is not a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church.Wao.. am not surprised, the hatred within is so deep with the body of christ. the question is, why should a group of people set themselves aside from others to sing and dance, if they do not have a new ideology? well,i guess you should help me define Denomination then..
perhaps you dnt know, the bible is a tool used to validate islam, the talmud is a tool used to validate the bible, one preceeds the other. So if you see islam as a break away faction.. i respect that view.Afterall, jesus was even mentioned more than mohammed in the Quran.

Sorry, i prefer to use the word brand because in the business world, that what is done to remain relevant or break into the market. you need to have a unique brand. So i use the word on purpose. Sorry, am not a prophet, i only make educated guesses. But then why should i guess when you are right here to answer.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
emis8:

Dear Brother Danko,
I wang to let you know I read throuh all the chapters, not because I had the time to, but because I wanted to know.

From my conclusion,
1. you have a good heart and you're faithful.
Now, God said, "My people (Christians) are destroyed for lack of knowledge". This knowledge is not scientific knowledge, but revelation knowledge. As a Christian, you need to know who God is, and His purpose and plan for mankind.
why did I say so, FAITHFULNESS is not the same as FAITH.
God said, for without FAITH, it will be impossible to please Him.
You demonstrated faithfulness towards God, but not faith.

2. Your christianity was devoid of the power.
I dont want to ask at what age you accepted or even confessed the Lordship of Jesus Christ seeing that your parent brought you up as a christian.
Yes, kudos to your parents for the wonderful work they did, but I believe they were not spiritual, but serving God carnally
After accepting the Lordship of Jesus, you need the Holy Spirit because He's the one that will make Christianity(the devine life) real to you.
God seeks for those of His children who will serve Him in "SPIRIT" and in "TRUTH".
Without the Holy Spirit, you cant live the authentic Christian life. For its the Holy Spirit that helps us with all our weaknesses, teaches us, intercedes for us, advocates for us and brings the miraculous.

3. you were brought up to serve God in the flesh
Reading through your story, you never encountered the miraculous in the various churches you attended.
Its still the same way with some churches today. While you see miracles, healings and deliverance on a daily basis in some other churches.

Reading the Bible from front to back will not do the work for you, you need the Holy Spirit to guide you, teach you and help you work in the miraculous.
Yes I heard you say you spoke in tongue, but that speaking in tongue has to be questioned because you cant make use of the Holy
SPIRIT and send angels on errand and not receive answers or experience the miraculous.

I dont want to go into talking about the power of OFFERINGS, TITHES, SEED SOWING AND OTHER GIVINGS because you have not come into Christianity.

I just have one advise for you, to fulfill your calling as a Minister of God (not ncessarily a pastor because there are different forms of ministry eg Music Minister), you need to join a church that believes the Bible, teaches the word of God, and works in the Miraculous to experience real christianity.

Dont be discouraged to start afresh, its not in the number of years, if youre called of God, you need to work hard to fulfil that calling because the devil will do everything possible to stop that.
Dont let the devil have his way.

I really do appreciate your concern sir. Thanks for the message, its moltivating
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
CHARLOE:
Plz @dankol continue sowing d seeds of doubt n reason. For so long we were made to believe doubt n reasoning are bad, but without these 2 attributes, u will always fall maga to any 419 scam.
Image123 has bin trying his best to discourage u from completing ur story but like I told him, he can't stop dis train. We're wit u, Ur story is touching thousands of people in different parts of d world, d scales are falling off their eyes n d truth is setting dem free from d bondage of religion. Kudos to u n hardmirror

My brother, you know why i am not bothered by his replies.. because i was once like him, believing i was defending the truth. He only reminds of mof those days when i would defend tithing to a fault amongst other things here on nairaland. I totally understand him and i sincerely wish him the best in his endeavours. But mine.. he cant stop... i guarantee you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:

You are just proving the point am gona make soon about the so called body of christ. Lol so Olumba is not a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church.Wao.. am not surprised, the hatred within is so deep with the body of christ. the question is, why should a group of people set themselves aside from others to sing and dance, if they do not have a new ideology? well,i guess you should help me define Denomination then..
perhaps you dnt know, the bible is a tool used to validate islam, the talmud is a tool used to validate the bible, one preceeds the other. So if you see islam as a break away faction.. i respect that view.Afterall, jesus was even mentioned more than mohammed in the Quran.

Sorry, i prefer to use the word brand because in the business world, that what is done to remain relevant or break into the market. you need to have a unique brand. So i use the word on purpose. Sorry, am not a prophet, i only make educated guesses. But then why should i guess when you are right here to answer.

Wow. You are the one with hate not me, so because I don't recognise olumba members as christians means I hate them?? Is that so?. undecided

I know about the Bible being used to validate Islam, but using Talmud to justify the Bible, like I said before, I don't do extra-biblical stuff.

Well, since you have chosen to see the Christian faith as a 'brand' or business organisation, then there is nothing I can do for you again.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
blessedvisky:

Wow. You are the one with hate not me, so because I don't recognise olumba members as christians means I hate them?? Is that so?. undecided

I know about the Bible being used to validate Islam, but using Talmud to justify the Bible, like I said before, I don't do extra-biblical stuff.

Well, since you have chosen to see the Christian faith as a 'brand' or business organisation, then there is nothing I can do for you again.

Seriously, i did not advertise for help... you do not have to spell it out before hatred can be exhibited.. Your refusal to recognize them is a form of discrimination.. and a form of hatred. You dont have to agree with me.. even your mother body CAN refuse to admit them.. Enjoy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
CHARLOE:

Your hypocrisy is the strong original type. Folks complain a lot about christians keeping mum or having no answers or comments to grumblings like the OP put up. Many at best gets a God understands and diversions. Here you have direct access to answers and replies but you several times beg him not to listen. Are you afraid to discuss your unbelief? Scriptures says to test every spirit and to produce your strong reasons, so stop lying about Christianity being a call to gullibility. Why and how on earth would i discourage him from completing his rants? This is the exact thing you complain of about religion, you are irritated by differing views. Your delusion is not a worry in heaven, it was predicted.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:

Seriously, i did not advertise for help... you do not have to spell it out before hatred can be exhibited.. Your refusal to recognize them is a form of discrimination.. and a form of hatred. You dont have to agree with me.. even your mother body CAN refuse to admit them.. Enjoy
Lol. The church I attend is non denominational and isn't part of CAN or PFN. Is that enough?? However I know my faith isn't defined by an association or a denomination. It's defined by my faith in Christ's redemptive work. As long as I have Christ in me, the hope of glory, and I have the inner witness of the Spirit, I know I'm born again. Tainz
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:

If you clearly do not follow the bible, you are not a Christian. The Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is a Nigeria-based new religious movement, founded in Calabar, Nigeria in 1956. It differs from mainstream Christianity in that followers believe its founder, Olumba Olumba Obu, is the Holy Spirit personified, thus giving him the attributes of both God and Jesus Christ. That's not hatred, don't be irrational. Or is that your church you've been ranting frantically about?

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
dankol:

My brother, you know why i am not bothered by his replies.. because i was once like him, believing i was defending the truth. He only reminds of mof those days when i would defend tithing to a fault amongst other things here on nairaland. I totally understand him and i sincerely wish him the best in his endeavours. But mine.. he cant stop... i guarantee you.

You greatly insult me when you say you were once like me. No, you were never like me BECAUSE you were never born again or knew the Lord. You were only a religious conformist. You don't even understand yourself or what happened to you, how then can you understand another? Here your irrational and unreasonable talk about Olumba for instance? So in the school you're in, they have no standard or criteria? Anybody can just say that they belong to a body or department, and it is hatred if that department says no? Here's Olumba belief again showing how ridiculous your thinking is.

God: God is biospiritually interconnected with all things in nature, is male and female, and good and evil.
Jesus: Jesus did not have time to fully communicate his beliefs before crucifixion, and Obu’s role has been to explain, expand upon and add to his teaching. This is why a part of Brotherhood teaching has no counterpart in either the Old or the New Testament. His son, Rowland, continues to add to the teachings. BCS followers suggest that Obu’s achievements have been superior to that of Jesus.
Reincarnation: Because of a belief in the transmigration of souls between humans and animals, BCS members practice vegetarianism and veganism.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 12:08am On Aug 14, 2016
[b]
So I gave up on Christianity. It was not easy dear. Its like separating a child from his mother. I recall, in my room, there were two papas of student fellowships, I tackled them to a standstill that one of them avoids me like a plague till today. The other is too matured to be childish, He told me, he would pray for me to come back to God, I told him, “better still, tell God to come to me”. It got to a point that, one day, a roommate of mine, pleaded with me to stop the argument because, it is affecting him seriously, he said “dankol!, anytime I tried to pray, I begin to wonder, is God really up there listening to me ….just because of you. Please help me. I don’t want any of these discussions again”. I was moved, I never intended to shake anyone’s faith but to make you curious and inquisitive about what you believe. I promised not to talk about it anymore. But within me, I feel so much freedom and ability to think clearly and logically without any religious influence.
My story may not be intriguing as expected but I myself only knew what I went through all in the name of serving God. I do not intend to convert anyone as no one converted me. I came to that self-realization after so much struggle. Below is a few food for thought on some issues on religion.

********END OF THE STORY************

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR RELIGIONISTS
What makes a Christian FEEL better than non-Christian

One day, I was in deep thought, I began to think, “what benefit do I get from being a Christian that a non-Christian do not get, moreso, there are Christians like me, who do not even have what I have, there are Christians who do have far more than I do have. Yet there are unbelievers on both sides too. So I think much deeper, there must be something that makes me different from an unbeliever”
I exclaimed, I have peace of mind! then I recall, I do get worried once in a while and even often.
I recall also, I have good health, then I remember, I have good healthy habit, live in a peaceful environment pretty much devoid of air pollution and what have coupled coupled with other physical factors.

Another came to my mind, You have sound mind.. so do many other unbelievers
Another came, Jesus has saved you, redeemed you to himself.. to become what? Ok sons and daughters of God, So if I am a son of God, then, I should not be experiencing certain difficulty. If he became poor, so I might be rich, I do not have to ration my daily meal from three to two and sometimes one.

My problem is not the challenges I was facing as a Christian perhaps, it is accounted for in the scripture, Jesus did not promise a problem free life, infact he emphasized on himself, giving Christians a load to carry. Matthew 11:29-30 “… For my yoke is light and my burden is easy”. So by conventional interpretation, it has to do with challenges of life. Fine. But looking at life generally, there is virtually no physical difference between a Christian and a non-Christian. What do I mean?

1. Christians fall sick same as non-Christians
2. They die by all means possible, stray bullet, sickness, earthquake, war, fire, amongst others; same as unbelievers
3. They experience failure at one or two point in time in life ; same as unbelievers
4. Poverty, wealth , famine, name it, both Christians and non-Christians do enjoy their fair share of it.

SO, WHY DO I THINK AM BETTER THAN OTHERS WHO DO NOT SHARE IN MY FAITH? I almost gave up in my thought to differentiate why I am a better person by virtue of my religion to another until I remember this; Christianity is about a heavenly race. Paul said, “I have finished the race….” -2Timothy 4:7. Waoooo, I was happy to have seen one. Atleast if I am suffering on earth, I have hope of heaven. Paul further said in 1 Cor 15:19 “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, WE ARE OF ALL MEN MOST MISERABLE”. That statement is an emphatical statement of certainty, that, Paul is so sure of a kingdom beyond this world which is of an immerse hope. Here lies my question

How sure was Paul to have made such emphatic statement without any evidence to back it up? Is it because he is an apostle, sorry, even apostles can tell lies that is why even Paul himself said in 1 Thessalonians 5:21, “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good”. So I decided to do that, I began to gather information about heaven outside the scripture. i.e I need some info to validate what I have read in the bible. Now, the various versions of heaven-visitors (near death experiences) made issues worse for me. Wait, Jesus cannot take sis. Janet to see a wailing Mary- crying to Janet to tell Catholics to stop praying to her and yet bro john did not see such. Infact both of them saw a different entrance into heaven and met different kinds of Jesus. So, I hastily concluded that, ok, fine, heaven exist and it is meant for Christians.

One day, I saw a Christian magazine at a newspaper stand, front page had an info on an interview to another heaven visitor whom Jesus told that, in the whole of Nigeria, about 32 Christians will make heaven as at that point in time. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I left that place thinking, wait, Pastors in Nigeria alone go reach like half a million in Nigeria, that’s even too much, what of bishops, they are sure over 100 in Nigeria. So who would the 32 Christians be? Now, if about 50% of Nigeria’s population are professing Christians, and going by that revelation, 32 will make heaven, it is an absolute waste of years, time, resources to even try being a Christian. Then, something else poped up in my mind, there is a difference between being a Christian and being a Christ-follower. Anyone can be a Christian, bear Christian names but only one that does what Jesus wants done is indeed a Christian. Fine, lets define what Jesus wants done:
1. Help the sick
2. Feed the needy
3. Preach the gospel
4. Pray through him to God
5. Study the scripture to grow in faith
6. Obey authorities over you
7. Be honest, diligent and truthful
8. Forsake not the gathering of the brethren
9. Chief of it all, is believe in him as the messiah, he died for your sins and he is your salvation blab la bla .. in short, “HAVE FAITH”

Now, permit me to summarize all the above and as many you know that was not mentioned into two
1. FAITH
2. 2. WORK

I wont be tempted to point out the contradictions in the scripture on the two subject matter yet I admit both have a point of convergence latter on according to the scripture, and that is, a Christian needs both to be a Christian indeed.

Now, it is one thing to have faith, which in my opinion it is easier- this point is what makes bulk of Christians. They profess Christ as Lord. But, it is another thing to do the works accompanying faith. The works are simply physical, interactive with man and the superman. Here lies the flaws of everything. Your works cannot be perfect. Because, humans are not wired to be 100% efficient and I think that’s what makes us unique. No Christian can do all that is expected of him/her with perfection, yet, “BE YE PERFECT, even as your Father which is in heaven is PERFECT”.-Matthew 5:48.

Even Solomon affirmed that, there are times, you have to be good and times you have to be bad. Hence, the Idea of perfection is not an option. And from a theological perspective, this is where faith covers for your imperfect works. Fine Now here lies the problem, If even God knows, acknowledge and accept our flaws by using Jesus as a sacrificial lamb to make us perfect, that is why 2Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord is …. not willing that any should perish,….”. Meaning, irrespective of how imperfect our work is, either at 99.99999999% or at 49.99999% or at 0.0000000000009%. Faith covers and serves as an insurance. If that is true- though I know this is another controversial issue in Christendom today (Once saved; saved forever VS otherwise school of thought), then, all things being equal, ALL PROFESSING CHRISTIANS SHOULD MAKE HEAVEN. But conventional report has it otherwise, where some heaven visitors are seeing the likes of Bishop Idahosa in hell, then itaffbeee. The funny thing is, this hell stuff is in tandem with theological dogma/doctrines of several churches. That is why, they will threaten with hell fire. (LOL) grin. Anyway If these reports are true, then FAITH IS USELESS BECAUSE, NO MAN CAN ATTAIN PERFECTION. And since you can’t attain perfection just as your heavenly father, then, there are two things involved
1. EVERYONE HEADS TO HELL MAJESTICALLY OR
2. GOD’S MERCY SPEAKS JUST AS IT SPOKE FOR MOSES AND JOSHUA- but we did not know of this except in the bible oooo. How sure that mercy will speak for you if it did not speak for Bishop Idahosa (with reference to that story based on the assumption that its true).

No matter how good you are, no matter how much you are loved by people; there is something bad about you people still do not like. And if you are bad, there is some good you still do. So, since it is inherent, let faith do its work. Yet, faith failed because, even Jesus affirmed that, in Matthew 25:35-46 the kind of works he wanted and those who did not do those particular works were thrown into damnation. Faith should have saved them.

So, I told myself, there is seriously no GUARANTEE for any Christian to make heaven which is the ONLY POINT I could find to give me strength and hope as a Christian. I was weak and so I had more reasons to quit.

Mind you, If you have a concrete, verifiable advantage you have as a Christian over non-Christians, feel free to bring it up. Moreso, the heaven issue, If you are so convinced, please answer this question with all honesty: If Jesus come right now or If your Jesus come for you now (death), can you give me a 100% assurance that, you will make heaven? If you can, and you refuse to die, then you are a fat liar. Because, if I were present with you, I would request that you permit me to send you to heaven, why are you staying in this wicked world of sin, do you want to sin and go to hell? Seriously, it does not make any sense to belong to such a nicer class of superbeings and remain here. It is either a fairytale you deep down within you, do not believe or you are not 100% certain. Afterall, a songwriter wrote/sang “Everybody won go heaven, nobody won die, nobody won die”.

Also, why should I be bothered with after-life when, I knew nothing about pre-life. HEAVEN IS A FAIRY TALE, HELL IS NOT ONLY A FAIRY TALE BUT A FAIRY TOOL TO SCARE YOU TOWARDS HEAVEN. I WOULD LIVE THIS LIFE AM CONSCIOUS ABOUT, WELL TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY- my take

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
dankol:
[b]
So I gave up on Christianity. It was not easy dear. Its like separating a child from his mother. I recall, in my room, there were two papas of student fellowships, I tackled them to a standstill that one of them avoids me like a plague till today. The other is too matured to be childish, He told me, he would pray for me to come back to God, I told him, “better still, tell God to come to me”. It got to a point that, one day, a roommate of mine, pleaded with me to stop the argument because, it is affecting him seriously, he said “dankol!, anytime I tried to pray, I begin to wonder, is God really up there listening to me ….just because of you. Please help me. I don’t want any of these discussions again”. I was moved, I never intended to shake anyone’s faith but to make you curious and inquisitive about what you believe. I promised not to talk about it anymore. But within me, I feel so much freedom and ability to think clearly and logically without any religious influence.
My story may not be intriguing as expected but I myself only knew what I went through all in the name of serving God. I do not intend to convert anyone as no one converted me. I came to that self-realization after so much struggle. Below is a few food for thought on some issues on religion.

Like every habit of course, they are hard to give up. Nothing new or special there Religion practised for over 10years may not be easy to give up. It is easier to die. There are many muslims and atheists that do not want to hear the gospel message or anything contrary to their beliefs, it's everywhere. It is not strange that your roommate does not want to constantly hear something contrary to what he knows, it is simply human nature. People don't always want change. It has little to do with who is right or wrong.

********END OF THE STORY************

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

One day, I was in deep thought, I began to think, “what benefit do I get from being a Christian that a non-Christian do not get, moreso, there are Christians like me, who do not even have what I have, there are Christians who do have far more than I do have. Yet there are unbelievers on both sides too. So I think much deeper, there must be something that makes me different from an unbeliever”
I exclaimed, I have peace of mind! then I recall, I do get worried once in a while and even often.
I recall also, I have good health, then I remember, I have good healthy habit, live in a peaceful environment pretty much devoid of air pollution and what have coupled coupled with other physical factors.

This is the problem with the prosperity gospel so called. Gain is NOT godliness.
1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Jesus Himself said that in the world, His disciples have tribulation, and that sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. And that the whole world lies in wickedness. The Bible clearly says that believers and unbelievers pass through and suffer the same things in this world.
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

In fact, if we think only about our gains in this life and rate it with that of others, Paul said that we will be rated MISERABLE.
1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Yes, there is divine intervention, answers to prayers, healings, health, miraculous provision etc. But they are not automatic or guaranteed for anybody. That is, Jesus did not guarantee His followers that they must live in all these, but that even in the waters and in the fire, HE will be with them. So when you begin to rate your life on ephemeral things, it shows AGAIN your ignorance of the ways of God.

Another came, Jesus has saved you, redeemed you to himself.. to become what? Ok sons and daughters of God, So if I am a son of God, then, I should not be experiencing certain difficulty. If he became poor, so I might be rich, I do not have to ration my daily meal from three to two and sometimes one.
He became poor that you may be rich, He also died to save sinners. It is not automatic. Not all sinners are saved, not every believer will be materially rich here on earth. Even the early church had a special tag, POOR saints. Not many materially rich. To be materially rich, there are laws to obey, it is not blood money that God is giving. There is sowing time and harvest time, there are principles of wealth, and acts that bring such favour. And most of that is open to al, whether believer or unbeliever. True riches are deeper than that, anyone that wants to be rich has to follow what it takes to be rich.
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

My problem is not the challenges I was facing as a Christian perhaps, it is accounted for in the scripture, Jesus did not promise a problem free life, infact he emphasized on himself, giving Christians a load to carry. Matthew 11:29-30 “… For my yoke is light and my burden is easy”. So by conventional interpretation, it has to do with challenges of life. Fine. But looking at life generally, there is virtually no physical difference between a Christian and a non-Christian. What do I mean?

2. They die by all means possible, stray bullet, sickness, earthquake, war, fire, amongst others; same as unbelievers
3. They experience failure at one or two point in time in life ; same as unbelievers
4. Poverty, wealth , famine, name it, both Christians and non-Christians do enjoy their fair share of it.

This has already been addressed above. Just to add though that we all have the freewill and resources not to pass through many of these things. It is unto you according to your faith many times too. Generally, you might be poor or sick or unfortunate, but you do not have to be, or remain so. You have the power to redirect things. There are many ways to that e.g hardwork, curing your ignorance so you do not perish from it, prayers, persistence, diligence, deliverance, divine favours etc. Many people see rain, but few know that there are different types of rain and different ways to get rain.

SO, WHY DO I THINK AM BETTER THAN OTHERS WHO DO NOT SHARE IN MY FAITH? I almost gave up in my thought to differentiate why I am a better person by virtue of my religion to another until I remember this; Christianity is about a heavenly race. Paul said, “I have finished the race….” -2Timothy 4:7. Waoooo, I was happy to have seen one. Atleast if I am suffering on earth, I have hope of heaven. Paul further said in 1 Cor 15:19 “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, WE ARE OF ALL MEN MOST MISERABLE”. That statement is an emphatical statement of certainty, that, Paul is so sure of a kingdom beyond this world which is of an immerse hope. Here lies my question

You are not better than others and no christian is better than others. It is just grace and mercy that separate many of us. The Bible does not teach that we are better than others. It teaches that God is the difference between us and others.

How sure was Paul to have made such emphatic statement without any evidence to back it up? Is it because he is an apostle, sorry, even apostles can tell lies that is why even Paul himself said in 1 Thessalonians 5:21, “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good”. So I decided to do that, I began to gather information about heaven outside the scripture. i.e I need some info to validate what I have read in the bible. Now, the various versions of heaven-visitors (near death experiences) made issues worse for me. Wait, Jesus cannot take sis. Janet to see a wailing Mary- crying to Janet to tell Catholics to stop praying to her and yet bro john did not see such. Infact both of them saw a different entrance into heaven and met different kinds of Jesus. So, I hastily concluded that, ok, fine, heaven exist and it is meant for Christians.

Apostles tell lies how and where?

One day, I saw a Christian magazine at a newspaper stand, front page had an info on an interview to another heaven visitor whom Jesus told that, in the whole of Nigeria, about 32 Christians will make heaven as at that point in time. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I left that place thinking, wait, Pastors in Nigeria alone go reach like half a million in Nigeria, that’s even too much, what of bishops, they are sure over 100 in Nigeria. So who would the 32 Christians be? Now, if about 50% of Nigeria’s population are professing Christians, and going by that revelation, 32 will make heaven, it is an absolute waste of years, time, resources to even try being a Christian. Then, something else poped up in my mind, there is a difference between being a Christian and being a Christ-follower. Anyone can be a Christian, bear Christian names but only one that does what Jesus wants done is indeed a Christian. Fine, lets define what Jesus wants done:

You only get yourself in trouble when you look outside to validate your father's ownership of you.
2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
The Scripture is a more sure word of prophecy. You have trust issues if you do not believe or trust God or Jesus or the holy apostles who had more sane things to say about Heaven, you went to look for Heaven in newspaper and magazine. Ridiculous. Here is a picture of Heaven.
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

1. Help the sick
2. Feed the needy
3. Preach the gospel
9. Chief of it all, is believe in him as the messiah, he died for your sins and he is your salvation blab la bla .. in short, “HAVE FAITH”

Now, permit me to summarize all the above and as many you know that was not mentioned into two
1. FAITH
2. 2. WORK

I wont be tempted to point out the contradictions in the scripture on the two subject matter yet I admit both have a point of convergence latter on according to the scripture, and that is, a Christian needs both to be a Christian indeed.

Save yourself from frustration, here is the summary.
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Now, it is one thing to have faith, which in my opinion it is easier- this point is what makes bulk of Christians. They profess Christ as Lord. But, it is another thing to do the works accompanying faith. The works are simply physical, interactive with man and the superman. Here lies the flaws of everything. Your works cannot be perfect. Because, humans are not wired to be 100% efficient and I think that’s what makes us unique. No Christian can do all that is expected of him/her with perfection, yet, “BE YE PERFECT, even as your Father which is in heaven is PERFECT”.-Matthew 5:48.

Even Solomon affirmed that, there are times, you have to be good and times you have to be bad. Hence, the Idea of perfection is not an option. And from a theological perspective, this is where faith covers for your imperfect works. Fine Now here lies the problem, If even God knows, acknowledge and accept our flaws by using Jesus as a sacrificial lamb to make us perfect, that is why 2Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord is …. not willing that any should perish,….”. Meaning, irrespective of how imperfect our work is, either at 99.99999999% or at 49.99999% or at 0.0000000000009%. Faith covers and serves as an insurance. If that is true- though I know this is another controversial issue in Christendom today (Once saved; saved forever VS otherwise school of thought), then, all things being equal, ALL PROFESSING CHRISTIANS SHOULD MAKE HEAVEN. But conventional report has it otherwise, where some heaven visitors are seeing the likes of Bishop Idahosa in hell, then itaffbeee. The funny thing is, this hell stuff is in tandem with theological dogma/doctrines of several churches. That is why, they will threaten with hell fire. (LOL) grin. Anyway If these reports are true, then FAITH IS USELESS BECAUSE, NO MAN CAN ATTAIN PERFECTION. And since you can’t attain perfection just as your heavenly father, then, there are two things involved
1. EVERYONE HEADS TO HELL MAJESTICALLY OR
2. GOD’S MERCY SPEAKS JUST AS IT SPOKE FOR MOSES AND JOSHUA- but we did not know of this except in the bible oooo. How sure that mercy will speak for you if it did not speak for Bishop Idahosa (with reference to that story based on the assumption that its true).

This is an aimless rant without head or tail.

No matter how good you are, no matter how much you are loved by people; there is something bad about you people still do not like. And if you are bad, there is some good you still do. So, since it is inherent, let faith do its work. Yet, faith failed because, even Jesus affirmed that, in Matthew 25:35-46 the kind of works he wanted and those who did not do those particular works were thrown into damnation. Faith should have saved them.

So, I told myself, there is seriously no GUARANTEE for any Christian to make heaven which is the ONLY POINT I could find to give me strength and hope as a Christian. I was weak and so I had more reasons to quit.
No guarantee yet Paul had one?

Mind you, If you have a concrete, verifiable advantage you have as a Christian over non-Christians, feel free to bring it up. Moreso, the heaven issue, If you are so convinced, please answer this question with all honesty: If Jesus come right now or If your Jesus come for you now (death), can you give me a 100% assurance that, you will make heaven? If you can, and you refuse to die, then you are a fat liar. Because, if I were present with you, I would request that you permit me to send you to heaven, why are you staying in this wicked world of sin, do you want to sin and go to hell? Seriously, it does not make any sense to belong to such a nicer class of superbeings and remain here. It is either a fairytale you deep down within you, do not believe or you are not 100% certain. Afterall, a songwriter wrote/sang “Everybody won go heaven, nobody won die, nobody won die”.

Christians are in the world to help sinners like you, and to be salt and light in the earth. They are on earth glorifying God, you do not know better. When it is their time to go, they go. You don't force people out of the market. Living a holy life is much easier and saner than the life of a sinner.

Also, why should I be bothered with after-life when, I knew nothing about pre-life. HEAVEN IS A FAIRY TALE, HELL IS NOT ONLY A FAIRY TALE BUT A FAIRY TOOL TO SCARE YOU TOWARDS HEAVEN. I WOULD LIVE THIS LIFE AM CONSCIOUS ABOUT, WELL TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY- my take
Poor take on poor premise. Nobody asked you to bother about the afterlife, you are to be prepared for it. Just like developed people prepare for tomorrow, even to years and decades. It is not because they are sure they will see that tomorrow. Some are even sure that they would not.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
Oya let's start

So I gave up on Christianity. It was not easy dear. Its like separating a child from his mother
Why won't you give up? When you've been surrounded by carnal, selfish, insincere 'believers' who didn't practice what they professed??
Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. That's the problem of your church.
I recall, in my room, there were two papas of student fellowships, I tackled them to a standstill that one of them avoids me like a plague till today. The other is too matured to be childish, He told me, he would pray for me to come back to God, I told him, “better still, tell God to come to me”. It got to a point that, one day, a roommate of mine, pleaded with me to stop the argument because, it is affecting him seriously, he said “dankol!, anytime I tried to pray, I begin to wonder, is God really up there listening to me ….just because of you. Please help me. I don’t want any of these discussions again”. I was moved, I never intended to shake anyone’s faith but to make you curious and inquisitive about what you believe. I promised not to talk about it anymore. But within me, I feel so much freedom and ability to think clearly and logically without any religious influence.
Lol. That roommate that begged was probably a church-goer, with no experiences of the living Christ or the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit. He probably hadn't examined his faith before you started your arguments hence the begging. He couldn't defend what he believed yet didn't want it challenged. I hope he has become a serious believer sha.
My story may not be intriguing as expected but I myself only knew what I went through all in the name of serving God. I do not intend to convert anyone as no one converted me. I came to that self-realization after so much struggle.
Honestly, I'm disappointed in your story as well. It doesn't have any spark to it.
Below is a few food for thought on some issues on religion.

How sure was Paul to have made such emphatic statement without any evidence to back it up? Is it because he is an apostle, sorry, even apostles can tell lies that is why even Paul himself said in 1 Thessalonians 5:21, “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good”.
Lol. You are funny. Let me tell you that what makes us( you are no longer part o) better than unsaved men are the rights and priviledges we have in Christ, since we have accepted him.

I'll just post the scriptures
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

We have completeness in him.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

We have been justified by our Faith in Christ and we have peace with God.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

We have eternal life in him.

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

We have been made sons of God.. I can post other verses that talk about our sonship through him, but I'll stick with this.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

We will have boldness on the day of judgement

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

I hope the above is clear enough for you to read.

These are some of the rights and priviledges we enjoy when we come into Christ. You talk about money. Well the riches talked about in the epistles are not material wealth. Think about it. If Jesus died so his followers can become rich, then
1) why was d early church poor?? Read Acts chapter 4&5
2) why weren't his immediate Disciples and followers incredibly rich??
3) saying Christ died for us to have material wealth will invalidate the following scriptures spoken both by Christ and his Apostles
Mark 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Acts 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Also, prove that Paul and other Apostles lied. Indeed, if it ends here on earth, then Christianity is just a big waste of time, money, effort, data, opportunities and other things.
However, we have hope. We know that one day, we'll leave this earth and face judgement for all we have done. Let's see some of the things we'll enjoy in heaven.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
[quote ] So I decided to do that, I began to gather information about heaven outside the scripture. i.e I need some info to validate what I have read in the bible.[/quote]
The minute you began to look outside the word to validate the word, you were already in trouble. As believers, our belief comes what what the scriptures say,
Jeremiah 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed. 23:26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; 23:27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal. 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD. 23:32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.

Now, the various versions of heaven-visitors (near death experiences) made issues worse for me. Wait, Jesus cannot take sis. Janet to see a wailing Mary- crying to Janet to tell Catholics to stop praying to her and yet bro john did not see such. Infact both of them saw a different entrance into heaven and met different kinds of Jesus. So, I hastily concluded that, ok, fine, heaven exist and it is meant for Christians.
One day, I saw a Christian magazine at a newspaper stand, front page had an info on an interview to another heaven visitor whom Jesus told that, in the whole of Nigeria, about 32 Christians will make heaven as at that point in time. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I left that place thinking, wait, Pastors in Nigeria alone go reach like half a million in Nigeria, that’s even too much, what of bishops, they are sure over 100 in Nigeria. So who would the 32 Christians be? Now, if about 50% of Nigeria’s population are professing Christians, and going by that revelation, 32 will make heaven, it is an absolute waste of years, time, resources to even try being a Christian.

I have addressed this in my post up there. The Bible is what we use as the final standpoint on issues, not the dreams and visions of one prophet, priest, G.O, súnday school teacher, Pastor, atheist, etc.
Anything anybody says that doesn't correlate with proper Bible interpretation should be discarded.

How can you say you saw 32 people only as the ones qualified for heaven, when it is written that that Christ died to bring many sons unto glory.?? Let me educate you

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Many people will be saved, no matter how many visions of heaven and hell are seen

Then, something else poped up in my mind, there is a difference between being a Christian and being a Christ-follower. Anyone can be a Christian, bear Christian names but only one that does what Jesus wants done is indeed a Christian. Fine, lets define what Jesus wants done:
1. Help the sick
2. Feed the needy
3. Preach the gospel
9. Chief of it all, is believe in him as the messiah, he died for your sins and he is your salviou
1. FAITH
2. 2. WORK. I was weak and so I had more reasons to quit
HEAVEN IS A FAIRY TALE, HELL IS NOT ONLY A FAIRY TALE BUT A FAIRY TOOL TO SCARE YOU TOWARDS HEAVEN. I WOULD LIVE THIS LIFE AM CONSCIOUS ABOUT, WELL TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY

I believe in heaven and that I'll go there, that doesn't mean I'll point a gun to my head to be in a better place. Why? Coz there is work to be done here on earth.,!! Which work.?? Preaching the Gospel,!!. Do you know how many people I can preach to during a lifetime??. JESUS gave the commission to preach to his followers, which some of us still do. I'm not going to start guessing whether heaven or hell exists when I have work to do.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

This is why we are here on earth! To spread the Gospel of Christ.

I decided to reply you exhaustively as much as I can, because I know my replies will help the faith of some who may stumble simply because they don't have enough knowledge or understanding to answer you.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thanks for the reply visky, like you have pointed out, its to strengthen those who would be weaken by the above facts laid bare. But frankly, you did not do justice the post, you infact validated it with your unverifiable claims of priviledges except as proclaimed in the bible with no physical prove of such evidence.
i would have replied you extensively but it would yield nothing. You will never see things logically untill you remove that religious glasses. BUT THEN, GET READY TO WRITE MORE REBRUTTALS wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
dankol:
Thanks for the reply visky, like you have pointed out, its to strengthen those who would be weaken by the above facts laid bare. But frankly, you did not do justice the post, you infact validated it with your unverifiable claims of priviledges except as proclaimed in the bible with no physical prove of such evidence.
i would have replied you extensively but it would yield nothing. You will never see things logically untill you remove that religious glasses. BUT THEN, GET READY TO WRITE MORE REBRUTTALS wink

Lol. Rebuttal or whatever it is, I just wanna help those who know no better.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
dankol:

Are you the one that sees things logically? The same fellow that sees Olumba as a Christian sect? The same fellow that thinks not accepting people who do not meet a criteria is hatred? i think you have just abused that word "logically".

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
[b]CHAPTER SIXTEEN CONTINUUM
JUDGE FOR YOURSELF- WHO ACTUALLY LIED; WHO SAID THE TRUTH

Several times, we have usually judge people not because we are right to judge but we have been cornered by several factors chief among them is the belief that, some persons, beings can never err. For instance, a catholic believes that, the pope can never err (I stand to be corrected in the light of the latest pope who seems to be breaking traditions). But then, I want you reader to remove your religious, spiritual eye glasses, and put on a logical, unbiased and analytical eye glasses as you join me to evaluate this set of passages in the infallible holy word of God.
Genesis 2: 16 -17: “But the lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden—except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”

This is one of the first set of instructions God gave to Adam in the Garden and it was emphatically clear as KJV would put it : “ for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
It means only one thing, any day you eat the fruit, your life ends. Simple. No spiritual innuendo to it.

Now in Chapter 3: 1-7: “The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden? “Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied. It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’” “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil. The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too. At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their unclothedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves.”

Here, we see a counter-instruction, yet more revealing. The Serpent efficiently debunked every instructions given to Adam replaced it with a daring, curious instruction. It was clear
1. You will not die
2. Your eyes will be open
3. You will be like GOD
4. You will know good and evil

I guess Eve was as curious as I am, hence she dared God’s instructions. Permit me to chip in here (This question is for God- Why was he silently watching the Serpent turning his creature against him and he did absolutely nothing about it). Some persons are thinking, it is not my place to ask God such question, why would the created ask his creator, “why did you create me like this”. Then if that is the case, it is not in God’s place to punish me for whatever decision I make.
Now verse 7, concluded the matter, it confirmed
1. They had not died yet and did not die till centuries later
2. Indeed, their eyes were opened
3. Verse 22-23 of that same chapter implicated God

“THEN THE LORD GOD SAID, “LOOK, THE HUMAN BEINGS HAVE BECOME LIKE US, KNOWING BOTH GOOD AND EVIL. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!” So the lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden….”

Giving credence to point 3 and 4 above.
I am not expecting any christian to agree with me, infact am expecting the venom from them. But let me address a strong point they will likely put up, the issue of death. It is theologically claimed that the death inferred was a spiritual death. But I dare any christian to show me one passage in the bible where spiritual death was refered or mentioned. Take a look at verse 22 again “What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever”- It implies that,
1. God was scared of the possibility of MAN LIVING FOREVER like him
2. it was never God’s intention to make man live forever. So that natural death was inevitable even if adam had not eaten of the fruit of Knowledge. Adam would ONLY live forever if and only if he ate of the fruit of the tree of life. So, irrespective of the death threat, Adam would still have died, maybe 2 millenium years later, perhaps the fruit of knowledge hasten it. It can’t and can never be spiritual death. If one is to go by spiritual things, spirits don’t die, do they?
So dear reader, who actually lied? Who actually said the truth? The truth is what you believe is the truth because, the truth is relative anyway. My truth may not be your truth.

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
dankol:

Several times, we have usually judge people not because we are right to judge but we have been cornered by several factors chief among them is the belief that, some persons, beings can never err. For instance, a catholic believes that, the pope can never err (I stand to be corrected in the light of the latest pope who seems to be breaking traditions). But then, I want you reader to remove your religious, spiritual eye glasses, and put on a logical, unbiased and analytical eye glasses as you join me to evaluate this set of passages in the infallible holy word of God.
Genesis 2: 16 -17: “But the lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden—except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”

This is one of the first set of instructions God gave to Adam in the Garden and it was emphatically clear as KJV would put it : “ for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
It means only one thing, any day you eat the fruit, your life ends. Simple. No spiritual innuendo to it.

Now in Chapter 3: 1-7: “The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden? “Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied. It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’” “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil. The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too. At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their unclothedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves.”

Here, we see a counter-instruction, yet more revealing. The Serpent efficiently debunked every instructions given to Adam replaced it with a daring, curious instruction. It was clear
1. You will not die
3. You will be like GOD

I guess Eve was as curious as I am, hence she dared God’s instructions. Permit me to chip in here (This question is for God- Why was he silently watching the Serpent turning his creature against him and he did absolutely nothing about it). Some persons are thinking, it is not my place to ask God such question, why would the created ask his creator, “why did you create me like this”. Then if that is the case, it is not in God’s place to punish me for whatever decision I make.

“THEN THE LORD GOD SAID, “LOOK, THE HUMAN BEINGS HAVE BECOME LIKE US, KNOWING BOTH GOOD AND EVIL. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!” So the lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden….”

I am not expecting any christian to agree with me, infact am expecting the venom from them. But let me address a strong point they will likely put up, the issue of death. It is theologically claimed that the death inferred was a spiritual death. But I dare any christian to show me one passage in the bible where spiritual death was refered or mentioned. Take a look at verse 22 again “What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever”- It implies that,
2. it was never God’s intention to make man live forever. So that natural death was inevitable even if adam had not eaten of the fruit of Knowledge. Adam would ONLY live forever if and only if he ate of the fruit of the tree of life. So, irrespective of the death threat, Adam would still have died, maybe 2 millenium years later, perhaps the fruit of knowledge hasten it. It can’t and can never be spiritual death. If one is to go by spiritual things, spirits don’t die, do they?
So dear reader, who actually lied? Who actually said the truth? The truth is what you believe is the truth because, the truth is relative anyway. My truth may not be your truth.

[/b]
guy you are wonderful nice thread
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
dankol its not about you winning the theists, its about you sowing the seed of doubt within them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice thread bro
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
dankol its not about you winning the theists, its about you sowing the seed of doubt within them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice thread bro

sure bro.. i never have such intention... i just need somebody to be damn CURIOUS
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by CHARLOE(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Image123:

Your hypocrisy is the strong original type. Folks complain a lot about christians keeping mum or having no answers or comments to grumblings like the OP put up. Many at best gets a God understands and diversions. Here you have direct access to answers and replies but you several times beg him not to listen. Are you afraid to discuss your unbelief? Scriptures says to test every spirit and to produce your strong reasons, so stop lying about Christianity being a call to gullibility. Why and how on earth would i discourage him from completing his rants? This is the exact thing you complain of about religion, you are irritated by differing views. Your delusion is not a worry in heaven, it was predicted.
Abeg park well joor, c ur mouth like 'direct answer', so all those ur roundabout blabbing are what u call 'direct answers', smh. Keep deceiving urself
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by CHARLOE(m): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Image123:

Abeg park well joor, c ur mouth like 'direct answer', so all those ur roundabout blabbing are what u call 'direct answers', smh. Keep deceiving urselfurself.
D op has bin in ur shoes, I've bin there too, defending d indefensible, alongside folks like frosbel here on nairaland yrs gone by.
I no better now, tho I don't claim monopoly of knowledge, I can't b fooled anymore. Am not an atheist n can't be, but I no 1 tin 4 sure; d creator of heaven n earth does not interfere in d affairs of men. U can take dat to d bank!
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
CHARLOE:

Abeg park well joor, c ur mouth like 'direct answer', so all those ur roundabout blabbing are what u call 'direct answers', smh. Keep deceiving urselfurself.
D op has bin in ur shoes, I've bin there too, defending d indefensible, alongside folks like frosbel here on nairaland yrs gone by.
I no better now, tho I don't claim monopoly of knowledge, I can't b fooled anymore. Am not an atheist n can't be, but I no 1 tin 4 sure; d creator of heaven n earth does not interfere in d affairs of men. U can take dat to d bank!

Oh.. Finally I got someone who knows frosbel back in those days.. Hmmmmmm it's good to know that. Maybe years to come, these indefensible defenders will turn around.. Maybe I said ... In the mean time... Pls bear with me... I got loads of stuffs to do. Chief of it is my final paper.. I got to concentrate a little and work harder cos I got no super power to help me... So thanks for ur understanding.. Update will come in ASAP from next tomorrow
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by CHARLOE(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
dankol:

Oh.. Finally I got someone who knows frosbel back in those days.. Hmmmmmm it's good to know that. Maybe years to come, these indefensible defenders will turn around.. Maybe I said ... In the mean time... Pls bear with me... I got loads of stuffs to do. Chief of it is my final paper.. I got to concentrate a little and work harder cos I got no super power to help me... So thanks for ur understanding.. Update will come in ASAP from next tomorrow
Thank u so much 4 sharing ur story, u've no idea d impact ur story is making n will continue to make in d lives of thousands of religious folks reading this. A lot of xtians n even Muslims can relate to ur story, n u're causing an awakening, a paradigm shift in their lives. U n hardmirror n other atheists here are opening d eyes n driving fear away from d minds of Many xtians n muslims, weldone.
The only question I have 4 u n other atheists here is dis: (4get d abrahamic god n his books wit all their promises/claims n contradictions 4 a moment): can u sincerely look at d solar system- How it takes d earth exactly 24hrs (not 22 today, 19hrs 2moro) to revolve about its axis, causing nite n day, rotate round d sun in 365days, causing d seasons, n still conclude it happened by accident? What about d complex human body,, in summary, d order we find in nature all around us ( plz don't tell me nature is not perfect n god/d creator shld b perfect, ). Am very sure if u're seeing a car 4 d 1st time in ur life, u will definitely no it was made by intelligent minds n not by accident/randomly, even tho it breaks down sometimes n even has accident a times.
I may open a thread on this soon let's rub minds, cos am a truth seeker, I rationalise issues logically, without sentiments, fear or favour. Personally, I believe religion is man-made n thrives on fear n hope, lies n half-truths, but d evidence of an intelligent creator(s) abound around us (not necessarily perfect), (n yes, d creator may even b d universe itself of which we are a part of, like some claim, or reverad, as declared by otamundo in his UFO message, who knows!)
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
CHARLOE:

Thank u so much 4 sharing ur story, u've no idea d impact ur story is making n will continue to make in d lives of thousands of religious folks reading this. A lot of xtians n even Muslims can relate to ur story, n u're causing an awakening, a paradigm shift in their lives. U n hardmirror n other atheists here are opening d eyes n driving fear away from d minds of Many xtians n muslims, weldone.
The only question I have 4 u n other atheists here is dis: (4get d abrahamic god n his books wit all their promises/claims n contradictions 4 a moment): can u sincerely look at d solar system- How it takes d earth exactly 24hrs (not 22 today, 19hrs 2moro) to revolve about its axis, causing nite n day, rotate round d sun in 365days, causing d seasons, n still conclude it happened by accident? What about d complex human body,, in summary, d order we find in nature all around us ( plz don't tell me nature is not perfect n god/d creator shld b perfect, ). Am very sure if u're seeing a car 4 d 1st time in ur life, u will definitely no it was made by intelligent minds n not by accident/randomly, even tho it breaks down sometimes n even has accident a times.
I may open a thread on this soon let's rub minds, cos am a truth seeker, I rationalise issues logically, without sentiments, fear or favour. Personally, I believe religion is man-made n thrives on fear n hope, lies n half-truths, but d evidence of an intelligent creator(s) abound around us (not necessarily perfect), (n yes, d creator may even b d universe itself of which we are a part of, like some claim, or reverad, as declared by otamundo in his UFO message, who knows!)

Thats the beauty of a logical mind, never stop being curious and never ruling anything out especially when the issue in perspective is not clear. based on your question, i quite understand your point and let me say once again.. am not an atheist, i rather belong to the agnostic group.. Still in search of the truth just that so far, religion is not it.. so the search goes on. Yea, the earth seems like a perfect creation from an intelligent being, but untill that intelligent being is known or proved to exist.I choose not to acknowledge any.But then, in as much as we can find things that seems perfect in nature, there are things that are not... for instance, the earthquakes, flood, the imbalance in weather all over the world, its either to cold, too hot, to humid and what have you in one part or another part of the world. I dnt mind we rub minds together, please open the thread and let like minds discuss and lets learn from one another
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
[b]CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CONTINUED III
THE MULTIVARIATE BODY OF CHRIST

There are several passages that made reference to the body of Christ. They all were inferring at one basic thing; UNITY OF PURPOSE, MANDATE AND DESTINATION.
Romans 12 : 4 and 5: “Just as each of us has one body with many members, and not all members have the same function, so in Christ we who are many are one body, and each member belongs to one another.”
1 Corinthians 12: 20: “As it is, there are many parts, but one body.”
Before, I go to the main point, I would like to use my little biology knowledge to grasp the understanding of the BODY. Paul explicitly compared the BODY OF CHRIST to a human body, Christ being the head- I don’t know if the Catholic church has issues with this, maybe-maybe not. But I quite know, many other denominations, do not have issues with Christ being the head of the church as opposed to the Pope being the head of the church.
Now, how does the body function? How does it work? What and What does the body consist of that makes it an entity of unity to reckon with? It is a verifiable fact that every cell in our body is dependent on another directly or indirectly. Though they may have different function with respect to which ever part of the body they are situated but they all achieve one thing, UNITY OF PURPOSE, MANDATE AND DESTINATION. Meaning, the leg cells can’t do without the FULL support of other parts of the body except something goes wrong. Now, you may seem to think, I have forgotten the function of the medulla oblongata in this, no, I am quite aware, it is the engine room of every activity. Meaning, it coordinates and ensure total compliance to any activity as it deem fit.
Permit me to bring this analogy back into the BODY OF CHRIST, which consist of several thousands of denominations all over the world even as new mushroom body parts are springing up in every nook and cranny of this moral-less, right-thinking-lessness yet pious nation.
An average Pentecostal Christian cannot bear to stay or listen to an Olumba member. Please do not tell me it is a cult because they carry the same bible you carry. The hatred for Jehovah Witnesses is unprecedented amongst other denominations and the rife goes on like that even amongst sub-denominations. The recent CAN presidency tussle was drama to behold. I can’t just mention them all, it is countless in the BODY OF CHRIST (Nigerian Part).
Tell me, why if as a seasoned Pastor from Christ Apostolic Church join let’s say, RCCG and I have to start all over again from baptismal class. If I don’t, I won’t be able to rise through the rank and file of the church hierarchy. Is it not the same God? Same bible? Same doctrines at some point? BUT DIFFERENT LEADERSHIP AND DOGMA.
I recall, I was at a crusade some years ago where a renowned Bishop called Jehovah Witnesses, “Jehovah Wickedness”. It was glaring, he hated them with passion and was consistently rubbishing them, guess what, for any joke about them, we all laugh (a show or feeling of superiority).
I recall some persons said, Olumba is not a Christian body. Well, by virtue of what they are told, it could be right, but by logic, they are wrong. Irrespective of what olumba claims to be, and additional doctrines, They totally believe and use the bible.. So who is a christian, if he/she is not a follower of Christ? If he/she does not believe in the Bible. Please stop the deceit and check out their tenets here: http://www.wordcenter.org/Bcs/tenets.htm
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
CHARLOE:

Be reasonable. If you have anything contrary or superior to what i have said, state it instead of making lazy gullible blanket statements. Try to be logical, engage in discussions instead of not testing your ahteism/unbelief.
You insult me and my shoes, the OP has never been born again, neither do you have my shoe size. The christian faith is not indefensible, it has been defended well for ages and continues to be, irrespective of lazy clowns that refuse to think straight and who think of themselves wrongly as they should think. When you took your unbelief to the bank, how much were you able to withdraw BTW?

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
dankol:

It means only one thing, any day you eat the fruit, your life ends. Simple. No spiritual innuendo to it.[/b]

When someone says to remove spirituality from a spiritual book, i wonder the fear. Should we discuss physics from a spiritual standpoint too, no physical innuendo? What the Bible means is what it says in that passage, don't twist it. It means "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die".

1. You will not die
3. You will be like GOD

You seem not to know the meaning of the word "debunk". Nothing was debunked there, satan simply tempted Eve, don't get your socks in a twist already.

You don't believe there is God, but you are asking God question on NL. That's it, it is finished. Psalm 14 is genius. Your logic is illogical BTW. Consequences and punishment are not necessarily agreed to or determined by the defaulter.

Note your folly here. You take 1 literally but 2 figuratively, why? What happened to INNUENDO? Were they blind before? If you are sensible enough to see your mistakes, you would agree that what was being said could indeed be figurative. Seeing things in a new perspective may be for good or for bad, it is not compulsorily for good. Yes, Adam and Eve saw things in a new perspective. They also lost the garden BTW. There was the tree of life which they were not allowed to eat. Does that literally mean that they did not have life? Of course not, like you said yourself, they lived for centuries. Bringing in the point of understanding, death is simply separation. When you die, you are separated basically. Simply then, you want to know what is separated from what. The Bible talks so much about dying. Even the New Testament enjoins believers to die, and in some places to 'kill' or mortify things e.g themselves, the world, sin etc. When something previously connected is separated, it is said to die. When your hand is paralyzed, it can be said to be dead because it is not connected to the life in other parts of the body. On the day Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they became separated from God, Jesus came to reconcile.

[/b]

They became AS God/god, not LIKE God. Well we can see where that got them and the human race. Happy?
Now, God was not scared but concerned about the implication of man eating of the tree of life. It means, nothing will put him(man) out of his miserable existence. It is death that puts us out of this miserable earth and takes us to Heaven or hell. Imagine if some of those wicked dictators never died or never grew old or weak. Imagine that your wicked and selfish greedy boss never had to retire. You seem to lack imagination or meditation. Anyway, it is expected of today's fakethinkers parading themselves as free. What is this meaningless nonsense in bracket anyway? (The truth is what you believe is the truth because, the truth is relative anyway. My truth may not be your truth.)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? / Have Any Of Your Dreams Ever Come To Reality? / Will The Next Pope Be The Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.