Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion (13420 Views)

PR In Religion / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration / The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CONTINUED III
THE MULTIVARIATE BODY OF CHRIST

There are several passages that made reference to the body of Christ. They all were inferring at one basic thing; UNITY OF PURPOSE, MANDATE AND DESTINATION.
Romans 12 : 4 and 5: “Just as each of us has one body with many members, and not all members have the same function, so in Christ we who are many are one body, and each member belongs to one another.”
1 Corinthians 12: 20: “As it is, there are many parts, but one body.”
Before, I go to the main point, I would like to use my little biology knowledge to grasp the understanding of the BODY. Paul explicitly compared the BODY OF CHRIST to a human body, Christ being the head- I don’t know if the Catholic church has issues with this, maybe-maybe not. But I quite know, many other denominations, do not have issues with Christ being the head of the church as opposed to the Pope being the head of the church.
Now, how does the body function? How does it work? What and What does the body consist of that makes it an entity of unity to reckon with? It is a verifiable fact that every cell in our body is dependent on another directly or indirectly. Though they may have different function with respect to which ever part of the body they are situated but they all achieve one thing, UNITY OF PURPOSE, MANDATE AND DESTINATION. Meaning, the leg cells can’t do without the FULL support of other parts of the body except something goes wrong. Now, you may seem to think, I have forgotten the function of the medulla oblongata in this, no, I am quite aware, it is the engine room of every activity. Meaning, it coordinates and ensure total compliance to any activity as it deem fit.
Permit me to bring this analogy back into the BODY OF CHRIST, which consist of several thousands of denominations all over the world even as new mushroom body parts are springing up in every nook and cranny of this moral-less, right-thinking-lessness yet pious nation.
An average Pentecostal Christian cannot bear to stay or listen to an Olumba member. Please do not tell me it is a cult because they carry the same bible you carry. The hatred for Jehovah Witnesses is unprecedented amongst other denominations and the rife goes on like that even amongst sub-denominations. The recent CAN presidency tussle was drama to behold. I can’t just mention them all, it is countless in the BODY OF CHRIST (Nigerian Part).

Did you not just mention UNITY OF PURPOSE, MANDATE AND DESTINATION. If there is no UNITY, where are they going together? Carrying a Bible is not what makes you a christian, evidently you also carry a Bible. Are you a christian?

Tell me, why if as a seasoned Pastor from Christ Apostolic Church join let’s say, RCCG and I have to start all over again from baptismal class. If I don’t, I won’t be able to rise through the rank and file of the church hierarchy. Is it not the same God? Same bible? Same doctrines at some point? BUT DIFFERENT LEADERSHIP AND DOGMA.

There are different administrations, even the Bible says that. When you enter another company, no matter your experience, you are INDUCTED. And you have to comply to the new rules and regulation as it were, and your salary is likely different too. It does not stop you from reaching the top. This happens everywhere.

I recall, I was at a crusade some years ago where a renowned Bishop called Jehovah Witnesses, “Jehovah Wickedness”. It was glaring, he hated them with passion and was consistently rubbishing them, guess what, for any joke about them, we all laugh (a show or feeling of superiority).
I recall some persons said, Olumba is not a Christian body. Well, by virtue of what they are told, it could be right, but by logic, they are wrong. Irrespective of what olumba claims to be, and additional doctrines, They totally believe and use the bible.. So who is a christian, if he/she is not a follower of Christ? If he/she does not believe in the Bible. Please stop the deceit and check out their tenets here: http://www.wordcenter.org/Bcs/tenets.htm
[/b]

Olumba pikin. Olumba is not christian because they do not follow Christ, they follow Olumba. The below are direct quotes from your link. They have no biblical basis.
1. Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is the new Kingdom of God, not one of the nominal churches.
2. the Sole Spiritual Head, Leader Olumba Olumba Obu.
3. The solution to all your problems lies in the following: Confession of sins, Fasting, Praying, Feasting and evangelical work
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 6:32am On Aug 24, 2016
[b]CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CONTINUM IV
THE MULTIVARIATE BODY OF CHRIST II
What defines a Christian denomination is not what CAN or PFN says, neither is it what the World Council of Churches says. But rather what is common amongst all and what makes that group of persons unique. Infact, they could believe in the same tenents of faith, but by virtue of the fact that, one is PAULINUS and the other LONG-JOHN with different autonomous leaders makes each a denomination. May I remind you the meaning of denomination- a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church. (Synonyms- Religious group, sect, cult, movement, body, branch, order, church).

The BODY OF CHRIST today, is not just disjointed but multivariate meaning it involves more than one independent variable. All things being equal, the initial body of Christ being referred to by Paul was only dependent on JESUS (the only independent variable). Today, Men of God, Superintendents, General Overseers, Apostles and what have you have risen to such standard. How do I mean? They set the standard for their church members on what to wear, how to wear it, who to marry, how to marry, criteria to choose a spouse that is not mentioned in the bible, how to raise kids, who to interact with and every facet of human life. That is why an average Christian cannot do anything without informing his pastor, because Jesus is not in charge, they are in charge on behalf of Jesus (Business partners). Jesus is like the Queen of England, they are the Prime minister(s).

Now, let me go straight to the most critical of my point about the body of Christ. Let me shock a few of you dear readers who are not privy to know that THERE ARE THREE POPES OF DIFFERENT CHURCHES IN THE WORLD apart from the numerous General Overseers and Superintendents who hold sway over their respective members. They include:
• The Pope of the Roman Catholic Church: This is one everyone knows and most recognized. (After the order of St.Peter)

• The Pope of the Palmarian Catholic Church (in Spain): The church regards on the grounds of claimed apparitions, that the Pope of Rome is excommunicated and that the position of the Holy See has, since 1978, been transferred to their See of El Palmar de Troya. Pope Hernández resigned in 2016 to marry and was succeeded by Joseph Odermatt (Pope Peter III) in 2016.

• The Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of All Africa (Non-Chalcedonian / Coptic Orthodox): The Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria is the leader of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, a faith with ancient Christian roots in Egypt. This current holder of this position is Theodoros II or Tawadros II, who was selected as the 118th pope on November 4, 2012. Following the traditions of the church, the pope is chairman and head of the Holy Synod of the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria as a first among equals. This organization is the highest authority in the Church of Alexandria, which has between 12 and 18 million members worldwide, 10 to 14 million of whom are in Egypt. The leader of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria is known as Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of all Africa on the Holy See of St. Mark the Apostle. The Successor of St. Mark the Evangelist, Holy Apostle and Martyr, on the Holy Apostolic Throne of the Great City of Alexandria.

Others (I named them pope basically as a function of huge number of followership).
• Pope of the Redeemed Christian Church of God: We know him too well. Please, calling him Pope means no insult but with the level of his influence and extra biblical teachings, I found it honorary to give him that title.

• The Pope(s) of the Anglican Churches worldwide: check out their Lamberth conference, you will agree with me why I call them popes. Each country’s pope may not have influence in other, for instance, Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu is a well respected Anglican Bishop yet supports LGBT community but his Nigerian counterpart is all the way out against it. THE BODY OF CHRIST INDEED!

Let me look for trouble here, Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu as quoted by Wikipedia :
“You have to understand is that the Bible is really a library of books and it has different categories of material," he said. There are certain parts which you have to say no to. The Bible accepted slavery. St Paul said women should not speak in church at all and there are people who have used that to say women should not be ordained. There are many things that you shouldn't accept.”

Do all of the body Christ agree with that position?
• There are several other leaders of different denominations, the Mormons, Methodists, The African Church, The Presbyterian church, Assemblies of God, the Baptist, Lutheran, Reformed Church, Orthodox, Evangelical, Episcopal, Latter Days, Church of Christ, United Church,- these are just a few generic names, some are even combined.

No matter how close kinned they all may seem to be, the differences is what makes each of them stand out with their respective dogmas.- the differences, while the doctrine brings them together – the commonality such as the belief in Jesus and other basic biblical supported doctrines.

Let me bring this home, Pardon me, please members of these churches should not take it as an affront, I just want to state facts: Living Faith Church (Business Entreprises) effectively managed by Bishop Oyedepo believes and practice WASHING OF FEET (e dey bible ooo) AND GIVING HOLY COMMUNION TO KIDS- (I stand to be corrected if they perhaps have changed these dogmas). While RCCG conglomerate of Businesses presided over by Pope Adeboye, do not do any of the above. But I put it to you, if I am a RCCG pastor today and I instruct my members to give their children holy communion, not only will they revolt, I would be reported and sanctioned. There is something they call “REDEEMED STANDARD”, if you fall short of it, you will be under scrutiny and fire.

I have a plea, if indeed , this body of Christ is united,

Can Pastor Chris Oyakilohme go to Cherubium and Seraphim to preach?

Would Pastor Kumuyi go to Catholic diocese of Sokoto and do mass with Bishop Kukah?

Would Pastor Lazarus Maouka invite Pastor Adeboye, or better still, O.O Obu for a special programme in his church?

Would Pastor Oyedepo and Fiery preacher Olukoya go to ECWA church in Bauchi to do revival?

Please do not tell me that’s why they have CAN or PFN. In the first place, should PFN exist? Or if you mean to make reference to their Ecumenical meeting at Ecumencal centre in Abuja- that’s political. While Bling Bling pastor was in charge, the Catholic block were never supportive. So tell me, Where is that body of Christ, Jesus would come to take? Is it the one after the order of Mark, or the one after the order of Peter, or the thousands of breakaway factions. You will never find a sticker that says “I AM A CHRISTIAN” without denominational undertone. For instance, “I AM A WINNER”; “I AM REDEEMED”; “MY YEAR OF UNPRECEDENTED BREAKTHOUGH” amongst others. Well it is good to console yourself with one fact, ALL FACTIONS, DENOMINATIONS HAVE ONE OR TWO FAITH IN JESUS, that binding enough, but not enough to compare with a human body as Paul did BECAUSE THE HUMAN BODY WORK TOGETHER, ACT AS ONE, SUPPORT EACH OTHER,HELP EACH OTHER. Does the body of Christ do any of the above? Your truth may not be my truth .

At the end of the day, every pastorpreneur is running his business as he or she wants (kudos to Arch Bishop Margaret Idahosa, she managing her family business well) as an independent partner of christ. Hence, Christ is not in the loop sef, He is just a figure head just to keep people in the system. Because, the Pope of Rome do not recognize any other Pope, each make their own decisions. Jesus don suffer! What a Body! A Multivariate one!
[/b]

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
dankol:
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CONTINUM IV
THE MULTIVARIATE BODY OF CHRIST II
What defines a Christian denomination is not what CAN or PFN says, neither is it what the World Council of Churches says. But rather what is common amongst all and what makes that group of persons unique. Infact, they could believe in the same tenents of faith, but by virtue of the fact that, one is PAULINUS and the other LONG-JOHN with different autonomous leaders makes each a denomination. May I remind you the meaning of denomination- a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church. (Synonyms- Religious group, sect, cult, movement, body, branch, order, church).

This fellow that uses style to ask questions that he does not want answered. A denomination is a religious grouping within a faith that has its own system of organization. Its own system of organisation. Not what you are implying that Winners Ota is a denomination and Winners Akoka is another denomination. They have their different pastors but are both the same denomination. Now, what makes one CHRISTIAN is simply being a follower of Christ, being like Christ. When your life or church is scriptural, you are christian. That is common sense criteria. When your life or church/group is not scriptural, you only deceive yourself and the gullible by saying you are christian. Jesus knows His sheep and His sheep know Him. And He said that by their fruits we will know false ones. In your school that you are admitted to, if you did not meet their criteria, you will not be admitted, and if you stop meeting their criteria, you will be rusticated.Life is as simple as that.

The BODY OF CHRIST today, is not just disjointed but multivariate meaning it involves more than one independent variable. All things being equal, the initial body of Christ being referred to by Paul was only dependent on JESUS (the only independent variable). Today, Men of God, Superintendents, General Overseers, Apostles and what have you have risen to such standard. How do I mean? They set the standard for their church members on what to wear, how to wear it, who to marry, how to marry, criteria to choose a spouse that is not mentioned in the bible, how to raise kids, who to interact with and every facet of human life. That is why an average Christian cannot do anything without informing his pastor, because Jesus is not in charge, they are in charge on behalf of Jesus (Business partners). Jesus is like the Queen of England, they are the Prime minister(s).

1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

There is room for some insignificant differences. Insignificant in the real scheme of things. Like every organisation has their own policies and mode of operations. This is however different from abuse or misuse of power.

Now, let me go straight to the most critical of my point about the body of Christ. Let me shock a few of you dear readers who are not privy to know that THERE ARE THREE POPES OF DIFFERENT CHURCHES IN THE WORLD apart from the numerous General Overseers and Superintendents who hold sway over their respective members. They include:
• The Pope of the Roman Catholic Church: This is one everyone knows and most recognized. (After the order of St.Peter)

• The Pope of the Palmarian Catholic Church (in Spain): The church regards on the grounds of claimed apparitions, that the Pope of Rome is excommunicated and that the position of the Holy See has, since 1978, been transferred to their See of El Palmar de Troya. Pope Hernández resigned in 2016 to marry and was succeeded by Joseph Odermatt (Pope Peter III) in 2016.

• The Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of All Africa (Non-Chalcedonian / Coptic Orthodox): The Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria is the leader of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, a faith with ancient Christian roots in Egypt. This current holder of this position is Theodoros II or Tawadros II, who was selected as the 118th pope on November 4, 2012. Following the traditions of the church, the pope is chairman and head of the Holy Synod of the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria as a first among equals. This organization is the highest authority in the Church of Alexandria, which has between 12 and 18 million members worldwide, 10 to 14 million of whom are in Egypt. The leader of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria is known as Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of all Africa on the Holy See of St. Mark the Apostle. The Successor of St. Mark the Evangelist, Holy Apostle and Martyr, on the Holy Apostolic Throne of the Great City of Alexandria.

Nothing wrong with having different leaders, the early church also appointed leaders. The important thing is for them to remember that the Head is Christ Jesus, and to lead their sheep to this Good and Great Shepherd and Bishop of our souls.

Others (I named them pope basically as a function of huge number of followership).
• Pope of the Redeemed Christian Church of God: We know him too well. Please, calling him Pope means no insult but with the level of his influence and extra biblical teachings, I found it honorary to give him that title.

• The Pope(s) of the Anglican Churches worldwide: check out their Lamberth conference, you will agree with me why I call them popes. Each country’s pope may not have influence in other, for instance, Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu is a well respected Anglican Bishop yet supports LGBT community but his Nigerian counterpart is all the way out against it. THE BODY OF CHRIST INDEED!

Let me look for trouble here, Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu as quoted by Wikipedia :
“You have to understand is that the Bible is really a library of books and it has different categories of material," he said. There are certain parts which you have to say no to. The Bible accepted slavery. St Paul said women should not speak in church at all and there are people who have used that to say women should not be ordained. There are many things that you shouldn't accept.”

Do all of the body Christ agree with that position?
• There are several other leaders of different denominations, the Mormons, Methodists, The African Church, The Presbyterian church, Assemblies of God, the Baptist, Lutheran, Reformed Church, Orthodox, Evangelical, Episcopal, Latter Days, Church of Christ, United Church,- these are just a few generic names, some are even combined.

Like i said, there is nothing wrong having leadership in church. Jesus even referred to leaders of churches as angels in His letter. That is a different matter from personal doctrine and opinion. When personal doctrine contradicts scripture, such a person simply is not following Scripture or scriptural. And if Christ is the Word indeed, then a person not scriptural or contradicting Scripture cannot be said to be following Christ. Two cannot work together except they are agreed. And when i mean agreement, agreement is in the CORE, not that they are all doing choreography or wearing same uniform like primary school kids.

No matter how close kinned they all may seem to be, the differences is what makes each of them stand out with their respective dogmas.- the differences, while the doctrine brings them together – the commonality such as the belief in Jesus and other basic biblical supported doctrines.

The Body of Christ is a great mystery, so it is not a big deal that you do not understand it. Its understanding is not a requirement for Heaven.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Let me bring this home, Pardon me, please members of these churches should not take it as an affront, I just want to state facts: Living Faith Church (Business Entreprises) effectively managed by Bishop Oyedepo believes and practice WASHING OF FEET (e dey bible ooo) AND GIVING HOLY COMMUNION TO KIDS- (I stand to be corrected if they perhaps have changed these dogmas). While RCCG conglomerate of Businesses presided over by Pope Adeboye, do not do any of the above. But I put it to you, if I am a RCCG pastor today and I instruct my members to give their children holy communion, not only will they revolt, I would be reported and sanctioned. There is something they call “REDEEMED STANDARD”, if you fall short of it, you will be under scrutiny and fire.

Like has been shown, there are different administrations but the same Lord. Physical washing of feet or serving communion is a non-issue in the scheme of BELONGING to the Body of Christ. By the grace of God, the two churches you mentioned openly respect one another and invite each other on different platforms. They consider each other as brethren despite their differing opinion. My company salary scale or method of reporting, or hierarchy may be different from the next company, even though we are both banks, or factories or churches. This is due to administrative differences. you can't come from Skye Bank to GTBank and begin to do things the Skye Bank way when there is a laid down procedure in place. That is not order but anarchy. That is why there is induction and training, because every shepherd is answerable for all the sheep in his care. Every parent is answerable for his own children. You can't come and stay in my house and be eating a different food or taking food from outside and bringing it to the dining table. Nobody normal does this, but you think it should be the normal thing to do in church. If you are staying in my house, i am responsible for you, you live according to my standard my rules. You don't come in and decide for me where you will sleep or what time you want my doors locked or open.

I have a plea, if indeed , this body of Christ is united,

Can Pastor Chris Oyakilohme go to Cherubium and Seraphim to preach?

Would Pastor Kumuyi go to Catholic diocese of Sokoto and do mass with Bishop Kukah?

Would Pastor Lazarus Maouka invite Pastor Adeboye, or better still, O.O Obu for a special programme in his church?

Would Pastor Oyedepo and Fiery preacher Olukoya go to ECWA church in Bauchi to do revival?

You seem to lack much information and experience. Some of these pastors from different denominations are usually invited to other churches, and they do honour it. Olumba is clearly not christian BTW. Also, if some denomination is openly or clearly different in way and perspective of doing things, it makes no sense to ask them to come to your church as it were. That is different from whether they are true christians or not. you cannot say because the body is one, then the heart should do the function of the legs. Or even that the two legs must move at the same hopping direction. Unity is not necessarily uniformity. Everyone has their different levels of knowledge and understanding of God. Joining all students in a school into the same class may be useful for assembly or announcement, but may be negative when it comes to Mathematics. Does that mean they are not all from that school? They may even pay the same school fees, have the same Proprietor, close at the same time etc. It does not disturb the beauty of their unity in diversity.

Please do not tell me that’s why they have CAN or PFN. In the first place, should PFN exist? Or if you mean to make reference to their Ecumenical meeting at Ecumencal centre in Abuja- that’s political. While Bling Bling pastor was in charge, the Catholic block were never supportive. So tell me, Where is that body of Christ, Jesus would come to take? Is it the one after the order of Mark, or the one after the order of Peter, or the thousands of breakaway factions. You will never find a sticker that says “I AM A CHRISTIAN” without denominational undertone. For instance, “I AM A WINNER”; “I AM REDEEMED”; “MY YEAR OF UNPRECEDENTED BREAKTHOUGH” amongst others. Well it is good to console yourself with one fact, ALL FACTIONS, DENOMINATIONS HAVE ONE OR TWO FAITH IN JESUS, that binding enough, but not enough to compare with a human body as Paul did BECAUSE THE HUMAN BODY WORK TOGETHER, ACT AS ONE, SUPPORT EACH OTHER,HELP EACH OTHER. Does the body of Christ do any of the above? Your truth may not be my truth .

Don't get it twisted. The body has different members and different functions. The kidney is not the same as the toes, yet they are united. The mystery of the Body of Christ is simply beyond you. Find your level and play with something your level. Get saved, that is basic enough.

At the end of the day, every pastorpreneur is running his business as he or she wants (kudos to Arch Bishop Margaret Idahosa, she managing her family business well) as an independent partner of christ. Hence, Christ is not in the loop sef, He is just a figure head just to keep people in the system. Because, the Pope of Rome do not recognize any other Pope, each make their own decisions. Jesus don suffer! What a Body! A Multivariate one!
Let Jesus worry about that. He is coming.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 10:24am On Aug 26, 2016
[b]GOD OF DISUNITY
I know many professing Christians are familiar with the tower of babel story. But permit to tell you about my understanding about that passage. I recall some years ago when one pastor used the passage Genesis 11: 1-9 to preach with an emphasis on verse 6. (NIV) “The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, THEN NOTHING THEY PLAN TO DO WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM”.
My pastor said back then that, “that passage depicts the importance of unity in any organization, that even God could not STOP them because, they had resolved to build that tower.” I am sure many of you my dear readers have heard such messages.

But can we be realistic about that passage, it reflected a lot of things about God, which I would like to project as questions
1. Why did God not allow them to build the tower? Because from my perspective, they wanted to build a legacy for themselves and moreover, they emphasized on being together. Verse 3-4 (NIV) “They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, SO THAT WE MAY MAKE A NAME FOR OURSELVES; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”.

Now someone zealous religionist will tell me, it was against God’s will or plan for mankind in Genesis 1:28. Now, where is freewill in that?

2. Fine, ok, Oga creator does not want them to stay together because of his unknown selfish plan, verse 6 reflected one thing: GOD WAS SCARED of what they had achieved and what they would achieve if he let them be (freewill). Hence, for God’s will to be on track, he needed to override their freewill. Why did God not use that opportunity to reveal himself to the world, protect the unity of mankind and that of his mode of worship since everyone speak same language?

3. Did the all-knowing God saw this coming (the building of the tower) ? If he did it wont be in the scriptures.

4. Did the all-knowing God know implication of the language dispersion now? i.e Ethno-religious wars such as the Bosnian ethnic cleansing, Holocaust, the one happening under our nose in Northern Nigeria, Sudanese ethnic war amongst others.

I just want to conclude by saying, when there is ethnic war, ethnic cleansing and all the tribal issues we are having throughout the world today. Remember, God is the cause because of his SELFISH AGENDA. I guess it is also part of his plan, - decimation of man by man.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by chabod2015: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
Chief,

It's my request for you to see the One who saved you rather than the imperfections of the men who CLAIM to serve Him.

It's this personal experience you really desire.

Just like the apostle paul.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
dankol:
[b]GOD OF DISUNITY
I know many professing Christians are familiar with the tower of babel story. But permit to tell you about my understanding about that passage. I recall some years ago when one pastor used the passage Genesis 11: 1-9 to preach with an emphasis on verse 6. (NIV) “The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, THEN NOTHING THEY PLAN TO DO WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM”.
My pastor said back then that, “that passage depicts the importance of unity in any organization, that even God could not STOP them because, they had resolved to build that tower.” I am sure many of you my dear readers have heard such messages.

But can we be realistic about that passage, it reflected a lot of things about God, which I would like to project as questions
1. Why did God not allow them to build the tower? Because from my perspective, they wanted to build a legacy for themselves and moreover, they emphasized on being together. Verse 3-4 (NIV) “They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, SO THAT WE MAY MAKE A NAME FOR OURSELVES; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”.

Now someone zealous religionist will tell me, it was against God’s will or plan for mankind in Genesis 1:28. Now, where is freewill in that?

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 9:7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

Freewill is ability to make decisions, not license to make foolish decisions. When a little child start climbing poles saying he is going to heaven, nothing wrong with spanking him never to do that. There should be no room or levity for folly to thrive. If there is unity to be foolish or unity to cause harm, such unity should not be encouraged. When thieves unite for instance to terrorise streets and neighborhood or to take over the jail, they should not be encouraged to be united. God said to spread all over because they are the ones to have dominion, instead of allowing animals to do the spreading and taking over everywhere. Animals did their work effectively without wahala, intelligent man could not, his intelligence is a problem for him as often.

2. Fine, ok, Oga creator does not want them to stay together because of his unknown selfish plan, verse 6 reflected one thing: GOD WAS SCARED of what they had achieved and what they would achieve if he let them be (freewill). Hence, for God’s will to be on track, he needed to override their freewill. Why did God not use that opportunity to reveal himself to the world, protect the unity of mankind and that of his mode of worship since everyone speak same language?

This is as foolish and myopic as saying that all english speakers are united and have the same mode of worship. Do you think at all before making foolish questions?

3. Did the all-knowing God saw this coming (the building of the tower) ? If he did it wont be in the scriptures.
Meaningless.

4. Did the all-knowing God know implication of the language dispersion now? i.e Ethno-religious wars such as the Bosnian ethnic cleansing, Holocaust, the one happening under our nose in Northern Nigeria, Sudanese ethnic war amongst others.

I just want to conclude by saying, when there is ethnic war, ethnic cleansing and all the tribal issues we are having throughout the world today. Remember, God is the cause because of his SELFISH AGENDA. I guess it is also part of his plan, - decimation of man by man.
[/b]
People from the same family, tribe, village, state etc fight and kill each other all the time like Cain. It is not language that makes people as foolish as you are proving to be. The millions of people displaced in the North East of Nigeria understand the language of Boko Haram just like the boko haram members. What are you saying self? This is what free thinking is like?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
Will update soon.. please bear withme.. i have been a kinda busy...thanks
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by CHARLOE(m): 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
dankol:

Oh.. Finally I got someone who knows frosbel back in those days.. Hmmmmmm it's good to know that. Maybe years to come, these indefensible defenders will turn around.. Maybe I said ... In the mean time... Pls bear with me... I got loads of stuffs to do. Chief of it is my final paper.. I got to concentrate a little and work harder cos I got no super power to help me... So thanks for ur understanding.. Update will come in ASAP from next tomorrow
Plz where Is frosbel? Will like to hear from him.
Cc: frosbel
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
CHARLOE:

Plz where Is frosbel? Will like to hear from him.
Cc: frosbel
He has deactivated simce. I also knew him way back in 2014. He was already a non-Christian them. Going about seeking "answers"
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
blessedvisky:

He has deactivated simce. I also knew him way back in 2014. He was already a non-Christian them. Going about seeking "answers"

I am not surprised.. Curiosity is the first step to freedom.. Anyway.. I think its time I officially end this thread because, thats the end of story and as for my write-ups.. i wont be able to keep up coupled with a lot of responsibilities on me now.

I want to use this medium to thank you all for reading with sincerity and otherwise.

To those who feel sorry for me- Thanks for your concern.. I do appreciate as I am more concerned for you now than you are for me.

to those who are enraged with me- thats the beauty of the internet, i do appreciate your fierce criticism. it was taken in the good fate.

AND TO THOSE PERSONS WHO ARE ACTUALLY FREE FROM THE SLAVERY OF RELIGION- THANK YOU OOOO FOR THE IMMENSE ENCOURAGEMENT. The Unbelieving community of Nairaland is really awesome and encouraging others to come out. Thanks a bunch

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
nice thread dankol ,wondeful,magnificient dont npknow how to describe this thread
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 7:14am On Oct 10, 2016
Op.. You seems too full of hatred for atheists and their likes. let me shock you. My fiance is a practicing christian and i am an agnostics... We are doing fine.. we had our issues.. we settled it.. set the boundary.. and we both respect it.. See.. Marriage or relationship is not a function of religion. it is rather a function of two dissimilar people from different background WILLING, ABLE and MATURED enough to COMPROMISE, SACRIFICE, COMMUNICATE effectively with each other and more importantly.. BEAR each other's imperfection. Religion has failed in virtually every aspect of life... except to keep people in slavery. Whether you marry a practicing christian or not.. if the attitude is BAD and not willing to adjust.. YOU ARE DAMNED.. simple.. dont act like one of you worshiped daddies in the Lord, who asked his congregation not to marry a lady that cant pray... ALL THAT ARE NOT BASIC PER-REQUISITE TO HAVE A LASTING, ENJOYABLE MARRIAGE. So think again.. your hatred for people who do not believe in what you believe wont help you.

How far dankol
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2016
blessedvisky:

How far dankol

Am cool bro... how are u doing too? Got anything to say to me about the above post you transported here
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by gentlered: 5:50am On Oct 31, 2016
Great debate, a lot learnt. African development is held down by religion as were in those dark ages of Europe.... lol. We need to be free from it fast.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by hopefulLandlord: 9:34am On Jul 02, 2017
bump
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by hopefulLandlord: 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2017
gentlered:
Great debate, a lot learnt. African development is held down by religion as were in those dark ages of Europe.... lol. We need to be free from it fast.

that's an interesting view
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
The lost are lost until they are found, you remain lost without Jesus Christ. You can take that anywhere.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by hopefulLandlord: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Image123:
The lost are lost until they are found, you remain lost without Jesus Christ. You can take that anywhere.

he has no reason to take that anywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is Pastor Chris Church Always Docorated With Pyramids? / Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? / Four Simple Ways To Avoid And Overcome Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.