Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget (55843 Views)

Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB / Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / Buhari Signs Eight Bills Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by seunlayi(m): 4:43pm On May 06, 2016
Hamintab:

If he had signed it like your hero had done in the past without proper checks, you will also be the first to come and shout that he is a dullard and didn't read the rubbish added to the budget before signing. you need not be satisfied by what he does, all you need is to learn to leave by it, at least for the next 3 years.

sorry guy, I've got no hero.

APC, APGA, NLP, PDP, .... MTCHEEEEEEEEEW

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 06, 2016
igboboy3:
Please Buhari, no more excuses. Stop blaming people upandan
One egg is now 40 naira. Somebody was sacked from my workplace yesterday.
One year is already gone. You are no longer a fresher. I may not like you but I still want you to succeed.

Please Baba, tell Seun to set up a committee that will disqualify all other contestants for Miss Nairaland except Optional1 cheesy

shut d Bleep up...didn't u do economics...I swear Nigerians are illiterates!... d downturn is not buharis fault.. he just came in at a time when we started reaping years of pdps economic corruption...d guy is low on funds...makes less than 40% of what PDP govt makes from oil...PDP never diversified... and now u fools all blame a new man....d man thot he would meet ample funds And didn't envisage d low revenue...
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by oladapo(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2016
tolexy007:
Saraki kan, Ilorin kan grin Nice one Mr President.... so shall we begin now?

let me go reactivate my dormant UBA bank acc, cant wait to start collecting my monthly 5k as promised cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy

Prevention of viral replication e.g HIV/AIDS ,hepatitis and tuberculosis.

Prevention of metastasis,fibroid and carcinogen growth before and after surgery.

Therapeutic treatment for HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis

Effective therapy and inhibitors of carcinogen cell,postrate cancers,cancers of the cervix,breast cancer and cancer of the liver.

Effective therapy for cardiovascular diseases ,hypertension and obesity.

Permanent solution for Kaposi's sarcoma,diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.

Call to place your order-08098902230
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by haqun: 4:48pm On May 06, 2016
So, what is the next thing to wail about?
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by lumeneng22: 4:50pm On May 06, 2016
share the gala share the buzz..........
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by sinceraconcept(m): 4:50pm On May 06, 2016
kenonze:
This picture resemble "biblical last supper"
Before PMB will travel to France

I can see "Judas" (Bukola Saraki),
I can see "Peter" (Ita Enyang)
I can also see "Mathew" (Osibanjo)

Who did u see?
Your head dey there sweetie,but what's the dark thing showing on your right balloon? Vaseline crew,where yall at?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by igboboy3(m): 4:52pm On May 06, 2016
juininho:

shut d Bleep up...didn't u do economics...I swear Nigerians are illiterates!... d downturn is not buharis fault.. he just came in at a time when we started reaping years of pdps economic corruption...d guy is low on funds...makes less than 40% of what PDP govt makes from oil...PDP never diversified... and now u fools all blame a new man....d man thot he would meet ample funds And didn't envisage d low revenue...

The downturn in oil revenue is not Buhari's fault.
The poor response to the downturn in oil revenue is Buhari's fault.
This is not the first time in Nigeria that we have had low revenue. Oil has gone as low as $10 per barrel in this same nigeria yet we stood firm. You don't need to find ample funds to run an economy, you just need economic sense.
Instead of employing economic advisers, he is employing countless aides on media and publicity

Don't worry, a zombie like you will get one of Lai Mohammed's masquerade jobs
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 06, 2016
sinceraconcept:
Your head dey there sweetie,but what's the dark thing showing on your right balloon? Vaseline crew,where yall at?

grin
It is exactly what you think
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by SUMIC247(m): 5:01pm On May 06, 2016
God Bless Nigeria
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by Horpeyemijelil(m): 5:23pm On May 06, 2016
God bless naija.,, all izz well
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by sexytyga(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
tolexy007:
Saraki kan, Ilorin kan grin Nice one Mr President.... so shall we begin now?

let me go reactivate my dormant UBA bank acc, cant wait to start collecting my monthly 5k as promised cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy

you no get sense at all... Ur mate dey Zoo ode oshi
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by husseiner: 6:03pm On May 06, 2016
seunlayi:
[size=13pt]GOOD NEWS TO THE ALREADY PROGRAMMED ZOMBIES WHOSE MEMORY WILL BE GIVEN "FACTORY RESET" ON OR BEFORE 2019 BY THE GRACE OF GOD.[/size]
oga go cdawn jorrr....nor b by d grace of God wey u ppl dey shout say him no go enta 4 2015?by 2019 una go change am again...wailer!!!
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by kosokoadeyemi: 6:04pm On May 06, 2016
Let ur budget favour lesserpeople
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by husseiner: 6:05pm On May 06, 2016
seunlayi:

sorry guy, I've got no hero.

APC, APGA, NLP, PDP, .... MTCHEEEEEEEEEW
na lie!!!!its so obvious jona is ur hero.oniro oshi
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by Alhaji1970: 6:10pm On May 06, 2016
FULL TEXT OF THE REMARKS BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AT THE SIGNING OF THE 2016 APPROPRIATION BILL INTO LAW ON FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2016, ABUJA

1.It gives me great pleasure today to sign the first full-year budget of this administration into law. I thank the leadership of the National Assembly, in particular, the Senate President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and indeed all members of the National Assembly for their cooperation in making this a reality.

2.The budget is intended to signpost a renewal of our commitment to restoring the budget as a serious article of faith with the Nigerian people. This Administration is committed to ensuring that henceforth the annual appropriation bill is presented to the National Assembly in time for the passage of the Act before the beginning of the fiscal year.

3.Through the 2016 budget, aptly titled "Budget of Change’’, the government seeks to fulfill its own side of the social contract. The Budget I have signed into law provides for aggregate expenditures of N6.06trn. Further details of the approved budget, as well as our Strategic Implementation Plan for the 2016 budget, will be provided by the Honourable Minister of Budget and National Planning.

4.I shall be speaking in more details about the Budget, its implementation and the over-all national economic and social policies of the Government in my address on May 29th, God willing.

5.In designing the 2016 budget, we made a deliberate choice to pursue an expansionary fiscal policy despite the huge decline in government revenues from crude oil exports. This is why we decided to enlarge the budget deficit at this time, to be financed principally through foreign and domestic borrowings. All borrowings will however be applied towards growth-enhancing capital expenditures.

6. The signing of the budget today will trigger concerted efforts to reflate the Nigerian economy, a key element of which is an immediate injection of N350bn into the economy by way of capital projects. To illustrate our renewed commitment to infrastructural development, the 2016 budget allocates over N200bn to road construction as against a paltry N18bn allocated for same purpose in the 2015 budget.

7.Despite the current difficulties we will work extra-hard to achieve our revenue projections. Our revenue generating agencies are coming under better management and are being re-oriented. The implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) is expected to contribute significantly to improving transparency over government revenues.

8.Our determined fight against corruption is resulting in improvements in the quality of public expenditure. The work of the Efficiency Unit, as well as other public financial management initiatives, are also contributing in this regard. The continuing efforts to reduce recurrent expenditures should hopefully free up more funds for capital expenditure in 2017 and beyond.

9.As I said in my New Year message, living in State House does not in any way alienate me from your daily struggles. I read the newspapers and listen to the TV and radio news. I hear your cries. I share your pains.

10.We are experiencing probably the toughest economic times in the history of our Nation. I want to commend the sacrifice, resilience and toughness of all Nigerians young and old who have despite the hardships continued to have hope and confidence of a great future for Nigerians. But permit me to say that this government is also like none other. We are absolutely committed to changing the structure of the Nigerian economy once and for all.

11.We are working night and day to diversify the economy so that we never again have to rely on one commodity to survive as a country. So that we can produce the food we eat, make our own textiles, produce most of the things we use. We intend to create the environment for our young peoples to be able to innovate and create jobs through technology.

12. I cannot promise you that this will be an easy
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by husseiner: 6:10pm On May 06, 2016
igboboy3:

The downturn in oil revenue is not Buhari's fault.
The poor response to the downturn in oil revenue is Buhari's fault.
This is not the first time in Nigeria that we have had low revenue. Oil has gone as low as $10 per barrel in this same nigeria yet we stood firm. You don't need to find ample funds to run an economy, you just need economic sense.
Instead of employing economic advisers, he is employing countless aides on media and publicity

Don't worry, a zombie like you will get one of Lai Mohammed's masquerade jobs
kai y u no wan get sense lyk dis?person excplain sometin give u yet u still remain stupid!I dey smh 4 uooo
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by Phobia1: 7:04pm On May 06, 2016
seunlayi:
[size=14pt]
It has never been this bad in the history of this Nation and some people will come now and be jubilating that a budget of deficit that took a so called giant of Africa almost half of a year is been signed into law. Well, let see the implementation.

[/size]

[size=13pt]
[Those zombies quoting me will be giving "FACTORY RESET" on or before 2019.[/size]
u mumu pple shoutin 2019 2019, like say na today una knw politics. Thrs definitely goin to be a/some massive development at some poin dat even u wil encourage nd solicit for votes for apc's candidate come 2019 nd u'll also vote for dem. shoutin 2019 like say na onli u go vote.
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:03pm On May 06, 2016
IBROHIM:
pls marry me!
Lolz,Okay
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by bashydemy(m): 11:06pm On May 06, 2016
seunlayi:
[size=14pt]
It has never been this bad in the history of this Nation and some people will come now and be jubilating that a budget of deficit that took a so called giant of Africa almost half of a year is been signed into law. Well, let see the implementation.

[/size]

[size=13pt]
[Those zombies quoting me will be giving "FACTORY RESET" on or before 2019.[/size]
Go and die, It has never been this bad cos in the pass Ghana must go bags might have change hands.. It's not business as usual my friend..
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by CountDracula(m): 6:44am On May 07, 2016
Oliviaxx:

Zoiler
Loool waimbie nko?
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by Leke001: 6:50am On May 07, 2016
big deal over signing a 2016 budget in May.....hmmn!
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by AmenhotepZuid: 11:25am On May 07, 2016
South Africa spends $30 billion on EDUCATION, this budget is too small for a nation with a big population like nigeria.
Wow this strengthens the analysis by most S.A. academics who said nigerias GDP REBASING was just an economics assignment. Where in one day they managed to juggle numbers for political reasons in the AU. Otherwise this doesn't change the fact that S.A. is the MOST ADVANCED ECONOMY AND ADVANCED INFRUSTRUCTURALLY, MILITARILY ETC...than nigeria and the JSE market cap is over $ 1 trillion compared to Lagos stock exchange that is still less than $50 billion. grin grin grin grin grin

SA BUDGET 2015 Is R1.24trillion Or $120billion, Biggest In AFRICA

South Africans will pay 80.5c more for every litre of fuel
purchased. This increases the State’s slice to R4.13 per
litre of petrol from the current R3.30 – or from 28% to
41%.
Income tax rates are raised by one percentage point for
those earning more than R15 100 per month. This will
raise R9.4bn, offsetting the annual benefit through an
adjustment for fiscal drag and medical credits.
The net effect of the new income rates is that those
earning less than R37 500 a month (R450 000pa) will
pay less tax with those above this level paying more.
Micro enterprises and SMEs generally will benefit from
significant tax reduction. The 1% annual turnover tax
threshold has been doubled from R150 000 to R300 000.
The taxes are halved on up to R1m in turnover.
“Sin” taxes have been hiked with smokers contributing
an extra R600m and alcohol drinkers R1.2bn in the year
ahead. the tax on a quart of beer goes up by 15.5c, a
bottle of wine will cost 15c more, a bottle of sparkling
wine goes up by 48c, a bottle of whisky will be R3.77
more; a pack of 20 cigarettes goes up by 82 cents.
The electricity levy has been increased from 3.5c/kWh
to 5.5c/kWh, to assist in demand management. This
additional 2c/kWh will be withdrawn when the electricity
shortage is over and/or when the proposed Carbon Tax
kicks in during 2016.
Property transfer duties have been increased with a new
rate of 11% (previously 8%) introduced for transactions
over R2.25m. The tax free hurdle rate has been raised
from R600 000 to R750 000.
SA’s economic growth forecast for 2015 has been
reduced to 2% from 2.5% projected during the Mini
Budget in October. Growth is expected to rise to 3% by
In this 2015/16 Budget, a consolidated Budget Deficit of
3.9% of GDP is projected, falling to 2.5% in 2017/18.
Government spending is projected to rise at 2.1% a year
until 2018. State salaries will take a steady 40% of the
Budget; repayments on Government debt will rise from
R115bn this year to R153bn in 2017/18.
Government debt to GDP ratio is now expected to
stabilise at 44% in three years’ time. Three years ago a
ceiling of 38% had been projected.
Social assistance beneficiaries numbered 16.4 million in
December 2014; the growth in numbers require that an
additional R7.1 billion will be spent on Social
Development this year. At least 60% of the State’s on
interest income will go towards social services and
alleviating poverty.
With effect from 1 April the old age, war veterans,
disability and care dependency grants will increase by
R60 a month to R1 410; child support grants increase to
R330; foster care grants increase by R30 to R860.
Central Government will make a contribution to
Gauteng’s eTolls, which translates into a reduction for
motorists. But the user pay principle will continue to be
the biggest funder of the road system.
The current projection is that tax revenue will amount to
R979 billion in 2014/15, or about R14.7 billion less than
the budget estimate a year ago. Budget revenue will be
R1 091 billion this year, or about 8.2 per cent more than
in 2013/14.

www.biznews.com/budget/2015/02/25/budget-2015-in-a-nutshell/
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by AmenhotepZuid: 11:54am On May 07, 2016
This one needs SERIOUS EDUCATION. I dont blame but blame your inferior education system. SOUTH AFRICA IS STILL THE MOST ADVANCE ECONOMY IN AFRICA AND DIFFICULT TO MEASURE BECAUSE OF THE WAY OUR ECONOMY IS DESIGNED. Very different to the rest of AFRICA.

Let me give hints on S.A.s 3 LEGGED POT STYLE economy. Where the government, private sector and banking sector work together to achieve one goal serving the people of S.A.

THE JOHANNESBURG STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET CAP IS OVER $1 TRILLION AND THATS DOUBLE nigerias REBASED GDP (False legs/high heels ).

THE BANKING SECTOR
SA's richest banks dominate the top 10 in AFRICA.
1. Standard Bank-$ 165 billion
2. ABSA Bank-$ 97 billion
3. First National Bank-$ 85 billion
4. Ned Bank-$ 80 billion
5. Bidvest Bank-$ 7 billion
6. Capitec Bank-$ 7 billion
7. Investec Bank-$ 6 billion
8. African Bank-$ 5 billion
9. Imperial Bank-$ 3 billion
10. Sasfin Bank-$ 2 billion
11. Teba Bank-$ 150 million
TOTAL Roughly $388 billion

S.A. RICHEST COMPANIES EXCLUDING MINING, AGRICULTURAL AND FISHING, MANUFACTURING.
1. SANLAM-$ 53 billion
2. MMI Holdings- $ 37 Billion
3. SASOL-$ 26 billion
4. MTN-$ 30 billion
5. Steinhoff-$ 18 billion
6. Naspers/Multi choice-$ 14 billion
7. Shoprite-$ 12 Billion
8. Remgro-$ 7 billion
9. Aspen-$ 7 Billion
10. RMB Holidings- $3 Billion
11. MMI Holdings $ 37 Billion
12. Liberty Group $3.5 Billion
13. Truworths Group $3 Billion
14. Mondi Paper Group $4 Billion
15. Growthpoint $5 Billion
16. Telkom $17 Billion
17. SAB Miller $120 billion second largest Beer brand in the world. 12 x bigger than Dangote/HOUSE NEGRO.
18. Discovery $4 Billion
19. Vodacom $32 Billion bigger than MTN and based in S.A. only cry cry cry cry
20. Kumba Iron ore MINING $15 Billion
21. Old Mutual $15 Billion
22. Impala Platinum $6 Billion
23. Woolworths Group $6 Billion
24. Tigerbrands $5 Billion
25. Exarro MINING $7 Billion
26. Royal Bafokeng Holdings MINING $4 Billion
27. RMB MINING $48 Billion
Note: I have not counted smaller mushrooms/companies from S.A. and International companies like ANGLO AMERICAN, BHP BILLITON etc..
TOTAL Roughly $200 Billion
OVERALL=Over $588 Billion thats bigger than your economy note we have not counted The MINING, AGRICULTURE, MANUFACTURING AND FISHING COMPANIES. grin grin grin

ZAR COMPANIES ALONE MAKE UP AROUND $900 Billion of the over $1,2 trillion in JSE.

chinchum:
there is fallacy in the op's assertion. beauty /quality infrastructure of a country does not have a linear relationship with the size of an economy. Nigeria is 200 million vs South africa's less than 60 million.

All things being equal, China is set to overtake USA as the largest economy in the world in less than a decade.

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by AmenhotepZuid: 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by AmenhotepZuid: 12:23pm On May 07, 2016
This shows ya'll have been DUPED by Jonathan and Ngozi they gave you 419ed GDP figures....Why are you borrowing from IMF and taking loans from abroad if ur real economy is that big
POLITICIANS are DOGS nigerians your few billion are HOUSE NEGROES to the British and Americans businesses operating in nigeria. Their task is to watch after their masters interests. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
DANGOTE= BIG HOUSE NEGRO they chose him because they know his people the Fulani/Hausa are weak and easy to control. They sold their soul to ISLAM AND ARABS long ago..The same can be said about the YORUBA PEOPLE. Even during ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE in the Americas these two were used as SPIES AND HOUSE SERVANTS who washed the masters balls. Sold out other Africans who tried to run away from slavery. I dont blame FIELD NEGROES like Igbos for comitting suicide than being slaves grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by AmenhotepZuid: 12:35pm On May 07, 2016
When I see someone saying hes Femi, Tayo and Taiwo etc..abroad. I refer to HISTORY BOOKS IMMIDIATELY, I see a SPINELESS DOG. Hence they were disorganized and lost to SMALL TRIBES who sold them to slavery during wars before the ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE. Bloody COWARDS and arse lickers of WHITE SUPREMISTS. They even go as far as using the WHITEMENS SURNAMES to cover their COWARDISE, UGLYNESS AND SPINELESS SORRY SELF. Femi Jones whats that WHITE SUPREMACY FEEDS ON SPINELESS COWARDS LIKE Yorubas, Fulani/Hausa(bastards who carry bad sperms the Arab blood, short fused pricks like their uncles who raped their mothers).

In AFRICA these two nations sold out to both ARABS and EUROPEANS. Even today they're used as the ruling elite in countries they live in. Their task is to watch after the WHITE MASTER or ARABS.

I dont blame those black South easterners who wanna free themselves from bad sperms....In PURPLE are KHAKI ARSES who carry Arab blood, Fulani/Hausa and Somalis and other cockroaches. Theyr not Arabs but were DEFEATED BY ARABS AND WOMEN RAPED, FORCED CONVERSION TO ISLAM FOLLOWED. Their women gave birth to spinesless kids who dont have real black identity.

http://buzznigeria.com/richest-men-nigeria/

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by AmenhotepZuid: 12:52pm On May 07, 2016
The ARAB take over in northern nigeria. Real blacks must free themselves from these half cast bastards.

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by kajoula(m): 12:54pm On May 07, 2016
[size=25pt]We do hope that our need for change is serviced by the love for Nigeria[/size]
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by 14(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2016
A budget of only $30bn, what different will it make? Thats equal to the education budget of South Africa, which is $30bn. Very bad for a big country like Nigeria, embarrasing
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by chinchum(m): 3:20pm On May 08, 2016
AmenhotepZuid:
This one needs SERIOUS EDUCATION. I dont blame but blame your inferior education system. SOUTH AFRICA IS STILL THE MOST ADVANCE ECONOMY IN AFRICA AND DIFFICULT TO MEASURE BECAUSE OF THE WAY OUR ECONOMY IS DESIGNED. Very different to the rest of AFRICA.

Let me give hints on S.A.s 3 LEGGED POT STYLE economy. Where the government, private sector and banking sector work together to achieve one goal serving the people of S.A.

THE JOHANNESBURG STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET CAP IS OVER $1 TRILLION AND THATS DOUBLE nigerias REBASED GDP (False legs/high heels ).

THE BANKING SECTOR
4. Ned Bank-$ 80 billion
8. African Bank-$ 165 billion
9. Standard Bank-$ 5 billion
10. Imperial Bank-$ 3 billion
11. Sasfin Bank-$ 2 billion
12. Standard Bank-$ 150 million

S.A. RICHEST COMPANIES EXCLUDING MINING, AGRICULTURAL AND FISHING, MANUFACTURING.
1. SANLAM-$ 53 billion
3. SASOL-$ 26 billion
4. MTN-$ 22 billion
7. Shoprite-$ 12 Billion
8. Remgro-$ 7 billion
9. Aspen-$ 7 Billion

OVERALL=Over $588 Billion thats bigger than your economy note we have not counted The MINING, AGRICULTURE, MANUFACTURING AND FISHING COMPANIES. grin grin grin

I cant remember denigrating your country with my earlier post, but like a rabid dog you jumped at me, this news was as at yesterday, it is best you focus on that.

As at now, Nigeria is still the largest economy in Africa, despite lots of unaccounted informal sector.

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/sas-economic-outlook-revised-from-stable-to-negative

[size=15pt]SA's economic outlook revised from stable to negative
Saturday 7 May 2016 - 10:27am
[/size]

File: This picture taken on January 17, 2012 in Paris shows a close-up of the opening page of the ratings agency Moody's website. South Africa's economic outlook has been revised from stable to negative. Video: eNCA

Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by lamash: 6:06pm On May 08, 2016
EnuguJOBHUNT:
JOB HUNTERS GET READY!!! FIRS TO START RECRUITING TAX COLLECTORS FROM MONDAY

Please let us have the link once they start. Thank you
Re: President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget by AmenhotepZuid: 12:47pm On May 21, 2016
Everyone knows only 2% falls in the richlist in your country and watch dogs of the WEST'S interests in nigeria. THE REST ARE SLUMMIES. grin grin grin grin grin grin

THE BANKING SECTOR
4. Ned Bank-$ 80 billion
8. African Bank-$ 5 billion
9. Imperial Bank-$ 3 billion
10. Sasfin Bank-$ 2 billion
11. Teba Bank-$ 150 million

1. SANLAM-$ 53 billion
3. SASOL-$ 26 billion
4. MTN-$ 30 billion
7. Shoprite-$ 12 Billion
8. Remgro-$ 7 billion
9. Aspen-$ 7 Billion
11. MMI Holdings $ 37 Billion
12. Liberty Group $3.5 Billion
13. Truworths Group $3 Billion
14. Mondi Paper Group $4 Billion
15. Growthpoint $5 Billion
16. Telkom $17 Billion
17. SAB Miller $120 billion second largest Beer brand in the world. 12 x bigger than Dangote/HOUSE NEGRO.
18. Discovery $4 Billion
19. Vodacom $32 Billion bigger than MTN and based in S.A. only cry cry cry cry
20. Kumba Iron ore MINING $15 Billion
21. Old Mutual $15 Billion
22. Impala Platinum $6 Billion
23. Woolworths Group $6 Billion
24. Tigerbrands $5 Billion
25. Exarro MINING $7 Billion
26. Royal Bafokeng Holdings MINING $4 Billion
27. RMB MINING $48 Billion
Note: I have not counted smaller mushrooms/companies from S.A. and International companies like ANGLO AMERICAN, BHP BILLITON etc..

ZAR COMPANIES ALONE MAKE UP AROUND $900 Billion of the over $1,2 trillion in JSE.

chinchum:
there is fallacy in the op's assertion. beauty /quality infrastructure of a country does not have a linear relationship with the size of an economy. Nigeria is 200 million vs South africa's less than 60 million.

All things being equal, China is set to overtake USA as the largest economy in the world in less than a decade.

chinchum:

I cant remember denigrating your country with my earlier post, but like a rabid dog you jumped at me, this news was as at yesterday, it is best you focus on that.

As at now, Nigeria is still the largest economy in Africa, despite lots of unaccounted informal sector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Election 2023: Performance According To Geo-Political Zones / Ekiti Election Result: Omokri, Dele Momodu React To Fayemi’s Victory / FFK Shades Pastor Adeboye On Building A Church As Big As Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.