Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low (2029 Views)

Big Achievement - A Governor Commissioning A Pot Hole (Picture) / BREAKING | Osinbajo Invites Saraki, Dogara For 2017 Budget Signing At Aso Rock / Kowa And PDP's Reaction To Budget Signing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by snailspeed: 11:13pm On May 07, 2016
I have watched and read in amusement APC supporters celebrating the signing of the 2016 budget as an achievement of the present administration. It started like a joke but because it has become a swan song for them, it has become necessary to address the issue.

First, what is a budget? A budget is a simple planning document for an organisation or entity. In this case, that organisation or entity is a country, Nigeria. A budget in a statement of intent. It isnt a project that you can eulogise or celebrate. Secondly, implementing a budget is a function of several factors. That is why in many cases, you hardly get a 100% implementation of the budget. In this particular case, having signed the budget into law in May, it is totally impossible to get a 100% implementation. So we have started on a very wrong foot. The whole process of preparing the budget has been one big joke. A complete show of incompetence by the government of the day.

What really calls for concern is the fact that the budget has been passed with the fraud inside intact. The budget was filled with fraudulent items when it was first exposed and any one observing the process would have expected the fraudulent items expunged and the balance returned as the real budget. But from the final figure released, the fraudulent items have not been expunged. They have either been renamed, reshuffled or their figures injected into other projects. This leaves us with a really corrupt budget on our hands.

So it should give us a cause for concern that some folks have gone to town to celebrate the sigining of the budget, not even the implementation, as some achievement. The only story that tells us, is one of desperation and clutching at straws. It seems the situation is so bad that the supporters of this administration are willing to clutch at anything to get some relief. Or maybe it is just another one of the distractions being thrown around to derail from the critical issues we all face at the moment.

The critical issues at the moment include,

1. Terrible Inflation
2. Total National Blackout
3. Lingering Fuel Scarcity
4. Rising insecurity
5. Rising unemployment
6. Nepotism
7. The Worthlessness of the Naira

The question to ask is will the signing of the budget fix any of these listed issues? Answer is not at all.

Venezuella economy is currently in the toilet. Did they not have a budget? Yes they did! So why did the signing of their budget not change their economy? Because signing a budget does not change an economy. Good polices and good implementation is what will change an economy. The policies that are in place before Buhari signed the budget are the same policies in place after he has signed the budget. So how is the economy going to change?

Take the Naira crash for example. The problem exists because of bad policy from the CBN. Is the budget signing going to change that? Not at all. Another example is the lingering fuel scarcity. Is the budget signing going to fix that? Not a chance.

It is even ridiculous to paint a picture that the government cannot provide good governance until it has signed a budget into law. Did Buhari need to sign a budget before travelling around the world? Did they sign a budget before they gave out bail out funds to the states? The only message this sends is that the government does not know what they are doing so they try to distract everyone with false hope. It seems like they are still in campaign mode. But the elections are long over. They should get to work and provide good governance instead of engaging in hype and rethoric

Signing of a budget is neither a milestone nor an achievement that a serious government should celebrate. It is sad to see that we have come this low in the last one year. where we now have to throw a party when the president signs a budget. Just too low!

21 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by chudionu58(f): 11:37pm On May 07, 2016
Baring some few typos, this a front page material! "Snailspeed"...
*The gentleman that demystified the "$2.1 billion stolen fund"!!!
*The guy zombies dodge like a plague! *Waiting for the zombie wey go first show ring*

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by koboko69: 12:00am On May 08, 2016
God!!!! But why does some people's brain work at snailspeed?

You don't give so much attention to something not worth celebrating.

The attention, and attacks on Buhari, for the "delay" in signing the budget is good enough reason for any form of celebration.

There must be a signing before there can be implementation. It is ok to rejoice that the most important phase is done with.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by snailspeed: 12:07am On May 08, 2016
koboko69:
God!!!! But why does some people's brain work at snailspeed?

You don't give so much attention to something not worth celebrating.

The attention, and attacks on Buhari, for the "delay" in signing the budget is good enough reason for any form of celebration.

There must be a signing before there can be implementation. It is ok to rejoice that the most important phase is done with.

Your kind of response is the reason I took a little time to explain what a budget is. I knew there will be some illiterates who will need such an explanation. It is a sign of desperation to celebrate a budget. It is just a document. A statement of intent. It is a yearly planning document. Are you going to celebrate every year then? Maybe Buhari should even fix a public holiday to celebrate the budget!

When you write out your shopping list, do you celebrate it? Or you celebrate when you have purchased your items? This is desperation and a whole new low.

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by csamii: 12:24am On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:

Your kind of response is the reason I took a little time to explain what a budget is. I knew there will be some illiterates who will need such an explanation. It is a sign of desperation to celebrate a budget. It is just a document. A statement of intent. It is a yearly planning document. Are you going to celebrate every year then? Maybe Buhari should even fix a public holiday to celebrate the budget!

When you write out your shopping list, do you celebrate it? Or you celebrate when you have purchased your items? This is desperation and a whole new low.

Don't mind that zombie after all common sense ain't common.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by WhoRUDeceiving: 12:30am On May 08, 2016
That is an achievement for SAI BUHARI folks. They are desperate to look for something

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by EasternLion: 12:35am On May 08, 2016
"Buhari is a fulani herdman, he does not know how to run an economy, his best career is to drive cattle from bush to bush, by the time the paedo.phile is through with the zoo's economy, seeing food to eat will be an achievement - you will still call me to tell me I was right - Very sad indeed!".

(Nnamdi Kanu, August 06, 2015)

Quote me and die in your sleep, Isee!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by omenka(m): 12:37am On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:
[s]I have watched and read in amusement APC supporters celebrating the signing of the 2016 budget as an achievement of the present administration. It started like a joke but because it has become a swan song for them, it has become necessary to address the issue.

First, what is a budget? A budget is a simple planning document for an organisation or entity. In this case, that organisation or entity is a country, Nigeria. A budget in a statement of intent. It isnt a project that you can eulogise or celebrate. Secondly, implementing a budget is a function of several factors. That is why in many cases, you hardly get a 100% implementation of the budget. In this particular case, having signed the budget into law in May, it is totally impossible to get a 100% implementation. So we have started on a very wrong foot. The whole process of preparing the budget has been one big joke. A complete show of incompetence by the government of the day.

What really calls for concern is the fact that the budget has been passed with the fraud inside intact. The budget was filled with fraudulent items when it was first exposed and any one observing the process would have expected the fraudulent items expunged and the balance returned as the real budget. But from the final figure released, the fraudulent items have not been expunged. They have either been renamed, reshuffled or their figures injected into other projects. This leaves us with a really corrupt budget on our hands.

So it should give us a cause for concern that some folks have gone to town to celebrate the sigining of the budget, not even the implementation, as some achievement. The only story that tells us, is one of desperation and clutching at straws. It seems the situation is so bad that the supporters of this administration are willing to clutch at anything to get some relief. Or maybe it is just another one of the distractions being thrown around to derail from the critical issues we all face at the moment.

1. Terrible Inflation
4. Rising insecurity
5. Rising unemployment
6. Nepotism

The question to ask is will the signing of the budget fix any of these listed issues? Answer is not at all.

Venezuella economy is currently in the toilet. Did they not have a budget? Yes they did! So why did the signing of their budget not change their economy? Because signing a budget does not change an economy. Good polices and good implementation is what will change an economy. The policies that are in place before Buhari signed the budget are the same policies in place after he has signed the budget. So how is the economy going to change?

Take the Naira crash for example. The problem exists because of bad policy from the CBN. Is the budget signing going to change that? Not at all. Another example is the lingering fuel scarcity. Is the budget signing going to fix that? Not a chance.

It is even ridiculous to paint a picture that the government cannot provide good governance until it has signed a budget into law. Did Buhari need to sign a budget before travelling around the world? Did they sign a budget before they gave out bail out funds to the states? The only message this sends is that the government does not know what they are doing so they try to distract everyone with false hope. It seems like they are still in campaign mode. But the elections are long over. They should get to work and provide good governance instead of engaging in hype and rethoric

Signing of a budget is neither a milestone nor an achievement that a serious government should celebrate. It is sad to see that we have come this low in the last one year. where we now have to throw a party when the president signs a budget. Just too low![/s]
Very positive correlation exists between this poster's mode of thinking and his moniker. cheesy

I've come to realise one thing over the months since Baba's been on the saddle: wailing to wailers is like taking in life sustaining breaths.

Take away their ability to wail and you'd damn well kill them! Hence they simply create a wailing avenue if one doesn't exist so they can survive!! cheesy

Keep wailing boy, we perfectly understand your plight.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by snailspeed: 12:46am On May 08, 2016
omenka:
Very positive correlation exists between this poster's mode of thinking and his moniker. cheesy

I've come to realise one thing over the months since Baba's been on the saddle: wailing to wailers is like taking in life sustaining breaths.

Take away their ability to wail and you'd damn well kill them! Hence they simply create a wailing avenue if one doesn't exist so they can survive!! cheesy

Keep wailing boy, we perfectly understand your plight.

Is this all you could muster after typing with 50MB? SMH for you! This is f9! Address the issues. No one is interested in your emotional outburst! The only thing that will make you celebrate budget signing as acheivement is that you are too desperate to find a positive in the Buhari collosal disaster. That is as obvious as it gets

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by omenka(m): 5:18am On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:

Is this all you could muster after typing with 50MB? SMH for you! This is f9! Address the issues. No one is interested in your emotional outburst! The only thing that will make you celebrate budget signing as acheivement is that you are too desperate to find a positive in the Buhari collosal disaster. That is as obvious as it gets
You sound like you are about to have an emotional breakdown.

Stop shouting and keep wailing. cheesy

I have no intent of paying any further attention to this utterly unnecessary thread anymore. Like I said, attempting to stop you people from wailing is like attempting to suffocate you.

Errrm, I typed this with 100MB this time and not 50.

Bye. grin

4 Likes

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by Samuelprogress: 5:44am On May 08, 2016
come do u really know the importance of the budget to u and ur generation yet unborn?
I don't think u do.
Cuz if u do u will stop writing with a sentimental mind.
One question for u
"WHY ARE YOU SO SO PARTISAN?"

2 Likes

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by chudionu58(f): 6:49am On May 08, 2016
omenka:
You sound like you are about to have an emotional breakdown.

Stop shouting and keep wailing. cheesy

I have no intent of paying any further attention to this utterly unnecessary thread anymore. Like I said, attempting to stop you people from wailing is like attempting to suffocate you.

Errrm, I typed this with 100MB this time and not 50.

Bye. grin
Lol, just a "punch" and you are scampering for safety! LWKMH.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by chudionu58(f): 6:51am On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:

"Koboko", whipped to stupor! Next!
Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by DropShot: 6:54am On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:
I have watched and read in amusement APC supporters celebrating the signing of the 2016 budget as an achievement of the present administration. It started like a joke but because it has become a swan song for them, it has become necessary to address the issue.

1. Terrible Inflation
4. Rising insecurity
5. Rising unemployment
6. Nepotism

Signing of a budget is neither a milestone nor an achievement that a serious government should celebrate. It is sad to see that we have come this low in the last one year. where we now have to throw a party when the president signs a budget. Just too low!
Coming ....
Modified*

I honestly thought you made sense in the post and I was prepared to reply you properly. But having gone through the nonsense, it will be a waste of my time allocating more than this one minute replying to it.
Your thread is obviously borne out of pain and frustration. If not, how does some people choosing to celebrate what they hope will bring positive change to their fortunes become a source of headache for you?

I was even looking for the paddings you mentioned but you failed to bring them out. Shame on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by koboko69: 7:11am On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:

You are ranting like a kid.....

Stop your folly simply cos of sensless hate.

We all knw what "a budget" is....spare us all your long sermons and dont think you are intelligent.

We celebrate cos at least now there is hope..... Without the signing of the budget into law, we were hopeless.

We will keep rejoicing as the budget is being implemented, even when haters like u start looking for reasons to keep wailing ..

Now move on...

1 Like

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by freeze001(f): 7:17am On May 08, 2016
Once again well done Snailspeed. It is clear that some readers here have comprehension issues. Signing a budget has become a photo op so any wonder why we have more media and photo assistants than economic advisers?

I won't even begrudge them their 'success' at signing a fraudulent and corrupt budget, I will wait for its implementation which Udoma has already warned would not be 100% so we know to expect shabbiness and mediocre performance!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by koboko69: 7:27am On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:

Oga u created a senseless thread and u still here talking like a baby . You are also desperate looking for anything to attack Buhari grin
When the Budget was not signed, you all were ranting and wailing all over. Now its been signed, rather than be happy about it,and see the positive part of it, u chose to create a foolish sentimental thread.
Imagine the jargons, even if u half as smart as u want us to believe, the budget can fix the rubbish u highlighted. Budget is meant to stimulate the economy, when the econmy is stimulated and growing, there will be employments, there is an allocations marked for Security in the budget, u cant provide security without money. Naira is 197 -199 Jonathan left it, only high in the parralel market cos of scarcity created by you hero's mass looting,there is money marked for power in the budget, means there will be improvemenr, total black out only exists in your tiny room in the village u are typing from, i can keep on educating your obvious biased sentimental mind. Now shut down this worthless thread and be smarter next time!

Some brains are so slow like the speed of snail

1 Like

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by koboko69: 7:50am On May 08, 2016
DropShot:

Coming ....
Modified*

I honestly thought you made sense in the post and I was prepared to reply you properly. But having gone through the nonsense, it will be a waste of my time allocating more than this one minute replying to it.
Your thread is obviously borne out of pain and frustration. If not, how does some people choosing to celebrate what they hope will bring positive change to their fortunes become a source of headache for you?

I was even looking for the paddings you mentioned but you failed to bring them out. Shame on you.

The dude is a clown. U even read the whole jargons....? I was thinking he was intelligent, the clown does not even know anything about the budget he was "educating" us about.

1 Like

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by Meriekriss: 7:52am On May 08, 2016
Me my own is that now the budget has been signed, am waiting for LAI to hold his 365 festivals this year as he promised one festival each day through out this year..
Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by futurerex: 11:15am On May 08, 2016
Zombies over to you
Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by DauraDullard0(m): 11:49am On May 08, 2016
koboko69:
Oga u created a senseless thread and u still here talking like a baby.
When the Budget was not signed, you all were ranting and wailing all over. Now its been signed, rather than be happy about it,and see the positive part of it, u chose to create a foolish sentimental thread.
Budget is meant to stimulate the economy, when the econmy is stimulated and growing, there will be employments
Why don't you just shut up instead of making a fool of yourself? How can you say that budget is meant to stimulate the economy? My goodness me!

Budget is simply a working document. It's implementation is a different ball game entirely. The implementation of a budget fraught with irregularities, fraud and corruption will NEVER stimulate any economy. The situation right now is that looting and thievery has been made official. Buhari should be impeached.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by koboko69: 12:12pm On May 08, 2016
DauraDullard0:
Why don't you just shut up instead of making a fool of yourself? How can you say that budget is meant to stimulate the economy? My goodness me!

Budget is simply a working document. It's implementation is a different ball game entirely. The implementation of a budget fraught with irregularities, fraud and corruption will NEVER stimulate any economy. The situation right now is that looting and thievery has been made official. Buhari should be impeached.

cheesy...the kids on NL this days though. Only u say budget is not meant to stimulate economy only u dey talk again say budget won't srimulate economy cos of fraud and irregularities or whatever suit ur wailing needs grin
You Epkas were shouting to the high heavens when Buhari didn't sign the budget, now he has a new song is "implementation"
We are here to see the nxt song that will be sang when we start seeing the effects of the implementations.
No one takes u guys serious except your likes; the legion of Wailers. Now if you would bounce!!!
Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by deji68: 12:39pm On May 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

snailspeed:

2 Likes

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by fitzmayowa: 12:48pm On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:

GBAM!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 08, 2016
So what ur point at Mr. Op, he shouldn't have signed the budget?
For ur info, if the budget is properly implemented, every year, all the problem u mentioned above should be solve within 5-10 yrs time.
Also remember before implementation, there should be approval, that the reason for signing of the budget.
Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by DauraDullard0(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2016
koboko69:
Only u say budget is not meant to stimulate economy only u dey talk again say budget won't srimulate economy cos of fraud and irregularities or whatever suit ur wailing needs
You're not smart. The keyword there is IMPLEMENTATION.

The diligent implementation of the policies contained therein is what is expected to stimulate the economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by koboko69: 2:21pm On May 08, 2016
author=DauraDullard0 post=45427138]You're not smart. The keyword there is IMPLEMENTATION.

The diligent implementation of the policies contained therein is what is expected to stimulate the economy.
Lol...

But there must be a signing before implementation?

Why are I wasting time on u.

Ok Buhari signed the budget to decorate is shelve. I hope that suits ur wailing needs.

Like i said, when the full implementation begins i will see the next song u will sing.

In b/w u av to learn to stop arguing foolishly.

A car was meant to take u from point A to point B. That the driver does not move the car, or for whatever reasons the car does not move to point B, is not a reason to say the car was not designed ro move u from point A to B.

A Budget is also to stimulate the economy, if he budget is not fully implemented, or not implemented ,or for whatever reasons the budget fails, that does not nullify that the budget is meant to stimulate the economy.

I hope u av received small sense grin

You and the dull OP can go through this link to see the kind of folly u guys are displaying

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/budget.asp

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by SleekAboki: 2:38pm On May 08, 2016
I'm yet to see a proper comprehensive refutation of what the OP presented.All I see are failed emotional attempts to derail.One zombie was even courageous enough to call the OP a kid.Why not show how sophisticated adult you are by way of proper refutation using same structure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by koboko69: 2:47pm On May 08, 2016
SleekAboki:
I'm yet to see a proper comprehensive refutation of what the OP presented.All I see are failed emotional attempts to derail.One zombie was even courageous enough to call the OP a kid.Why not show how sophisticated adult you are by way of proper refutation using same structure?

We know u people na. Only see what u want to see. You and the OP belong to the same class.

There is a class of people whose brain processes at snailspeed.
Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by betterABIAstate: 2:51pm On May 08, 2016
APC regime, when signing of budget is now an achievement. Even an abacha signed budgets

2 Likes

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by SleekAboki: 2:53pm On May 08, 2016
koboko69:

We know u people na. Only see what u want to see. You and the OP belong to the same class.

There is a class of people whose brain processes at snailspeed.
I will grace you with another opportunity to attempt a proper refutation and disregard your attempts at personal insults.

Your time starts now.

1 Like

Re: Budget Signing Achievement: A Whole New Low by hahn(m): 2:59pm On May 08, 2016
snailspeed:

Your kind of response is the reason I took a little time to explain what a budget is. I knew there will be some illiterates who will need such an explanation. It is a sign of desperation to celebrate a budget. It is just a document. A statement of intent. It is a yearly planning document. Are you going to celebrate every year then? [size=30pt]Maybe Buhari should even fix a public holiday to celebrate the budget! [/size]

I swear, Nigerians will love this grin

But the truth is, Nigerians are indeed desperate. If there is one thing I have learnt from the few years of democracy is that most Nigerians do not truly understand what a democracy is all about. We are so used to saying thank you for nothing and showing appreciation for what should be rightfully ours.

It is pathetic really

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why All Nigerians Should Arm Themselves / The Longest Bridge In The South East Completed / Buhari To Nigerians: I've Met Your Expectations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.