Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,760 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms (19938 Views)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Declares Nationwide Strike, Shuts Down Stations / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by manutdadex(m): 3:51pm On May 08, 2016
pulsa:
With the spate of attacks in the country, the increase in the prices of general commodities for the common man, the increase in percentage of people unemployed both skilled and unskilled, the reduction of forex earned due to reduction in oil prices.

Fellow Nigerians our country is in deep shiiit.

I pity us millenials and generation twitter and Facebook, for no one will suffer it more than us, no one shall feel the pains like us, for if in doubt let me ask you this
1). Who forms the bulk of the unemployed people roaming the streets ?.
2). Who are the ones constantly trying their luck in going overseas, and who fill the embassies of USA and other such developed countries day in day out?.
3). Who are the fools who fight for politicians who don't give a Bleep about us?.
4). Who fill the sport bets shops hoping to make a few millions with the few change they have got in their pockets?.
5). What is the minimum age required for you to be a governor or president?.
6). Who form the bulk of the fighting force of bokoharam, Niger delta militants, ipob, and even the military?,pardon me who are the ones who also die in all this conflicts.

And to the generation currently in power you have all failed us, you inherited a country with high hopes from your predecessors and you ruined it.
Sadly I know my generation of Nigerians will merely read this and run along off to twitter and facebook to engage in useless ethnic e-battles , and at best gracing this post with likes its does not need.

p.s- pardon all grammatical blunders and errors, for I am too pissed and enraged at the situation this country is in and the manner at which not one member of my generation is taking it serious, to bother reading through it to fix the errors.
even our generation is too busy being stupid... Posts like dis wont grab their attention..just 8 likes? I weep!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by gratiaeo(m): 3:51pm On May 08, 2016
Nasiruddeen:
The hate is getting deeper.
I keep saying this- hatred as devastated not only the hearts but the minds of some Nigerians. It has become so bad their minds are beginning to process images that don't tally with the feeds they get from their vision: how many places the heardmen attacked? After all their attacks are reprisals because they and their animals are been killed on daily basis and bias media is silent about it.
Here you have herdsmen either taking cattle for grazing or back from grazing from/to their confinement, posters now made it sound like it is taboo to find the cattle where they are.

What is there to gain from diminishing these people? Where is the doctrine of love that you always claim as Christians?? Haven't we been seeing such images in our cities since forever?? Why are you people making it sound like this is a new thing?? Haven't nomads been part and parcel of our society for decades??
Where are the AK47s some people have been trying hard to tell the world they always bear with themselves??

With our minds twisted so badly by hatred, imagine what people like the poster would say should something of a similar nature happen today.

You people should stop adding fuel to a fire that would consume you while the politicians who would gain some capital from all of these inflammable comments would disappear with their families to a distant safe house.
You are a f0ol

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 08, 2016
It's about time people start calling for a revolution in this country
#enoughisenough

It's time people take to the streets in protest.
When you are hunry for 0 hours you won't care about your iPhone or Tecno hpone any more .

Nigerians should start rioting this government don't know what they are doing jor!!!
Buhari I campaigned for you from Europe to Nigeria!
I am tired of this! I know he ain't a bad man but maybe we need to take to the streets togive you the courage to do what must be done!
Suspend the Constitution and save this country before it's too late!
Don't let those calling for division of this country suceed !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Bollinger(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2016
whirlwind7:
Here's a wet dream I have been experiencing lately.... wink

Imagine that the country has been clearly delineated into the original six Geo-political zones, with each zone contributing the best of what it has been known for, prior to independence.

SW: region was the powerhouse for export produce such as rubber and cocoa. Just this region rivaled Ghana and Ivory Coast in cocoa production! Don't forget the gold and limestone deposits!
SE : region noted for palm oil and commerce. Folks from this enterprising region knows no limit when it comes to trading. Integration was never their problem. Add that to the coal deposits.
NC : held sway with food crops such as yams, tomatoes, onions, beans, groundnuts...you name them. Add that to iron, tin and other minerals!
NW: was noted for quality hides and skins (leather) and cattle
NE : Noted for cattle, hides and skins
SS : Fishery, rubber, oil palm produce.

We got oil, we got independence, and we all lost our senses! The Black Man mentality got us in a choke hold. For how long are we going to practice a system of government that hasn't lifted us out of this quagmire of over 50 years? Don't people get wiser anymore? Regionalism is the way to go.

Well, since the bulk of our political leaders have suddenly gone deaf and dumb over the issue of the rampaging herdsmen, we are not to eat any other food except beef. Fried meat for breakfast, barbecued beef for lunch, and go to bed chewing a strip of kilishi.

I am totally fed up with a country that doesn't know a true and immediate danger when it's around the corner. If any other people except the Fulanis were wrecking this havoc across the country, the northern oligarchs would have fully armed every almajiri to lay to waste the rest of us.
Somebody should tell Bubu that ranching doesn't require a genius. Even stark illiterates can score A+ when it comes to this very simple concept of animal husbandry.

Nice analysis but you are mistaken in one aspect. No amount of solution will be effective if Nigerians don't change the way they think and do business. Little things like littering, stopping jungle justice, respecting each other space, etc. There are steps to being a great nation. The way it's citizens think matters a lot. As it is, Nigerians act like animals so nothing you proffer will work. Can you rationalise with animals?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by sarriss: 3:54pm On May 08, 2016
Fellow Nigerians, What more can we say, The Fulani Herdsmen are committing crimes against humanity yet the president is unconcerned. Why? Could it because they re his people or because those killed are not northerns? Anyway, for what ever reason he is keeping quiet he should understand that every man's patients have a limit and one day we will all run out of patients, I hope then he can control the outcome?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Etoo: 3:55pm On May 08, 2016
In Gods hand we dey. I don tire
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by persius555(m): 3:55pm On May 08, 2016
kropotkin11:
Fulani's haave been nomads for hundreds of years. i doubt if they will accept ranching. This problem is something that needs serious looking into and not some lame pedestrian, poorly thought through idea such as ranching
If the masai tribe in kenya and the cowboys in texas accept ranching, who are the fulanis to reject them.
A solution is the immediate disarmament of all herdsmen in the country, proper registration of every one of them, their nomadic style of grazing should be abolished, the southern governors should encourage their agro-entrepeneurs to invest in animal grazing that is ranching based.
The fulanis herdsmen will be left with no choice but to equally embrace ranching.
For now, they feed on our farm produce and feed us their meat.
Who loses?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by shotin(m): 3:56pm On May 08, 2016
I just hope am guessing wrong. But I see these fulani herdsmen terror as a last straw that will break nigeria evenly, if appropriate care and attention is not taken by the ogas at the top... Though am not wishing for that, but the federal government is turning blind eye concerning this grave issue,I just hope there eyes won't be open when this has gone out of control..

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by vislabraye(m): 3:57pm On May 08, 2016
whirlwind7:
Here's a wet dream I have been experiencing lately.... wink

Imagine that the country has been clearly delineated into the original six Geo-political zones, with each zone contributing the best of what it has been known for, prior to independence.

SW: region was the powerhouse for export produce such as rubber and cocoa. Just this region rivaled Ghana and Ivory Coast in cocoa production! Don't forget the gold and limestone deposits!
SE : region noted for palm oil and commerce. Folks from this enterprising region knows no limit when it comes to trading. Integration was never their problem. Add that to the coal deposits.
NC : held sway with food crops such as yams, tomatoes, onions, beans, groundnuts...you name them. Add that to iron, tin and other minerals!
NW: was noted for quality hides and skins (leather) and cattle
NE : Noted for cattle, hides and skins
SS : Fishery, rubber, oil palm produce.

We got oil, we got independence, and we all lost our senses! The Black Man mentality got us in a choke hold. For how long are we going to practice a system of government that hasn't lifted us out of this quagmire of over 50 years? Don't people get wiser anymore? Regionalism is the way to go.

Well, since the bulk of our political leaders have suddenly gone deaf and dumb over the issue of the rampaging herdsmen, we are not to eat any other food except beef. Fried meat for breakfast, barbecued beef for lunch, and go to bed chewing a strip of kilishi.

I am totally fed up with a country that doesn't know a true and immediate danger when it's around the corner. If any other people except the Fulanis were wrecking this havoc across the country, the northern oligarchs would have fully armed every almajiri to lay to waste the rest of us.
Somebody should tell Bubu that ranching doesn't require a genius. Even stark illiterates can score A+ when it comes to this very simple concept of animal husbandry.

When u have zombies who never see anything wrong, this is what you get. How many of our geniuses have condemned the activities of the herdsmen ? But this same people will scream when local militias rise up to defend themselves.
I've heard someone say, carrot and stick approach should be used on the herdsmen. Haven't they gotten more than enough carrots ? Is beef the only food we have ? In fact beef is not the only source of mean. Let Buhari continue flying up and down. Let him send all the soldiers to South South. Bigot !!!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by carinmom(f): 3:59pm On May 08, 2016
EasternLeopard:

No to Nomadic lifestyle Yes to Ranches

You can't change their nomadic lifestyle its in their blood, we have similar nomadic tribes all over Africa.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by pulsa(m): 4:02pm On May 08, 2016
manutdadex:
even our generation is too busy being stupid... Posts like dis wont grab their attention..just 8 likes? I weep!
To be frank I am so tired of everything, but perhaps the perilous times will make us start thinking and stop taking things for granted, sometimes the stormy and turbulent voyages bring out the skilled captain in us.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by vislabraye(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2016
Nasiruddeen:
The hate is getting deeper.
I keep saying this- hatred as devastated not only the hearts but the minds of some Nigerians. It has become so bad their minds are beginning to process images that don't tally with the feeds they get from their vision: how many places the heardmen attacked? After all their attacks are reprisals because they and their animals are been killed on daily basis and bias media is silent about it.
Here you have herdsmen either taking cattle for grazing or back from grazing from/to their confinement, posters now made it sound like it is taboo to find the cattle where they are.

What is there to gain from diminishing these people? Where is the doctrine of love that you always claim as Christians?? Haven't we been seeing such images in our cities since forever?? Why are you people making it sound like this is a new thing?? Haven't nomads been part and parcel of our society for decades??
Where are the AK47s some people have been trying hard to tell the world they always bear with themselves??

With our minds twisted so badly by hatred, imagine what people like the poster would say should something of a similar nature happen today.

You people should stop adding fuel to a fire that would consume you while the politicians who would gain some capital from all of these inflammable comments would disappear with their families to a distant safe house.

Stop playing victim. There's no justification for herdsmen to eat people's crops, RAPE women and kill children. Don't turn a blind eye to this.
They attacked and kidnapped chief Olu Falaye. Did Olu Falaye steal their cattles ? Don't justify evil. The people who rustle your cattles are fellow Fulanis.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Abuja2013: 4:14pm On May 08, 2016
Federal govt should quickly intervene on this fulanis issues because farmers could not grow crops properly. Tomatoes are now gold in markets. The economy is down, the climate is unfavourable at this time. God have mercy and heal our lands.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by vislabraye(m): 4:14pm On May 08, 2016
manutdadex:

My guess is that they are mainly zombies. They've allowed politics to becloud their thinking. Btw, the herdsmen have attacked every region in the South and Middle Belt. Not even the South West is spared from their attacks. Let's wake up.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by elopee3000(m): 4:22pm On May 08, 2016
mmmustapha:
Nigeria is blessed with abundant natural resources and rich farmland. every region has its own commodity that's in great need by other regions. eg yoruba land produce colanut, palm oil, cassava and vegetables etc. while north produce tomatoes, sugarcane, millet, maize,cattles/goat/ram and vegetables etc. in the South West/South south they also food crops,vegetables and crude oil. what I want us to understand here is we cannot survive without each other. As wise man says :NO COMMUNITY IS SELF SUFFICIENT IN THE PRODUCTION OF AGRICULTURE AND FINISH PRODUCTS, COMMUNITIES MUST IN ENGAGE IN TRADING WITH ONE ANOTHER. we should not let our religious/regional/tribal sentiments divide us. when elephants engage in fight it's only the grass that suffer.
see them u mentioned yoruba area 2times as if south east dont exit any way u be northerner

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by tinyanosa(f): 4:23pm On May 08, 2016
It's well, God is still on the throne.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 08, 2016
What did you Nigerians expect when you elected a grand father out of over two hundred million people to pilot your affairs?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Infinitikoncept(m): 4:36pm On May 08, 2016
Ask your neighbor have you blamed GEJ today for this Fulani herdsmen? It was easy to call Niger Delta militants but Fulani na herdsmen. I love the mumunity in this country

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by onegig(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2016
We are so naive in this country that we cannot look ourselves in the eyes and tell truth and facts. More reasons we can never progress.

There is a simple solution to all these issues, the Grazing Reserve Bill but some people in some quaters in their haste to show their long held hatred are shouting themselves hoarse over such a simple solution and mounting silly obstructions to such noble idea. Ask them for the alternative solution to this and they do not have a single one.

First, the Desert is encroaching from the north at a fast rate than we can imagine and thus pushing most cattle herders further down south in search of pasture to feed their cows. In the process, they graze on people's farm and we are all witness to the dangerous dimension this has taken. We have to understand that most if not 99.9% of these cattle herders are stark illiterates and still live in the 17th century. They resort to violence once they are retributed for their wanton destruction of people's farmlands.
The issue of Cattle herders destroying farmlands is a long known issue for anyone that has stayed in the North prior to this moment and i guess it is just gaining prominence down south because of the mass movement being experienced.

We are in Catch 22 situation. In a single day, at least 1000 or more cows is slaugthered in Lagos alone and all these come from the work of these Cattle herders. They are an important part of the food chain and we all agree we need beef and also need these cattle herders who are in their thousands gainfully employed. Also we need to protect farms from the destructive fangs of these cattle herders. So how do you solve this?

Simple we have a very long belt of Rivers that runs from west to east. Create grazing reserves along that belt and cultivate irrigated round the year pasture and mini ranches like we have in 1st world countries.

First you have created a place where these herders can congregate and secondly you can track them and provide education for their kids all season long instead of the Normadic and haphazard kind of way we did it in the past which is not sustainable and ineffective. With these we can educate them for the future and further desensitize them from their violent ways.

Secondly you can enhance cattle breeding from there by using various scientist who can cross breed and get better clones of cows and produce and may even start exporting diary products and beef by using secondary businesses located along those belts thus creating more jobs and earning foreign exchange for the country.

Third, you can now save the farmers and farmlands by enforcing strict rules of no foraging and movement of cattle down south or anywhere by Cattle herders at least they have no excuse of no pasture again. With these we would be saving lives that are lost due to conflicts between cattle herders and farming communities and also accidents caused on our major highways by cows running through the roads unexpectedly.

But people who are naive and tribalistic won't allow common sense reign but would prefer the status quo. Fact is, except something drastic and holistic is done, more conflicts would arise as the movement down south is caused by nature as seen by acute shortage of rainfall, inadequate pasture and dessertification.

Prolly the only solution these shortsighted people want is a situation where we employ police officers to follow cattle herders around and monitor them as they move from town to town, preventing clashes or them stepping into people's farmlands which as we all know is not only stupid but unattainable. Or is it the resuscitation of local militia groups who are also illiterates that would only escalate the problems we want to resort to?

If anything, i am terribly disappointed that the Minister of Agric is not saying a word and someone who should be the champion of such important cause and enlightening against the bias carried by most people is amply silent and lost for words. There would always be opposition to new ideas and change but the duty of Government is to learn to allay the fears of the populace and use superior facts to counter the baseless assumptions held by some sections of the populace.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by VulgarVulvas: 5:13pm On May 08, 2016
APChangeZombie:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-TLJ8ZLpGb9E/UkUJs0gYyKI/AAAAAAAAIco/8RlMIFu7eP4/s1600/seven-cows.jpg[/img]

I laugh at the zombies who were telling me to go and drink my oyel.

Isnt it ironic that your giant "my ass" of Africa is on the brink of bankruptcy over that same oyel?

There was a time here on this platform where some "Tajus" , "Mulikats" and their "Adamu" ab0ki masters where telling us from the ND that our oyel was worthless and that we could not feed ourselves due to the environmental degradation of our land and water due to 50yrs of irresponsible oil exploration. They told me to go and drink my oyel!

One Taju told me that he wishes the oyel to crash to one dollar. I lolled! Why ? Because the change chanting zombie never knew that they were the ones more dependent on the oyel .

Now that oil is crashing and will continue to crash, and they are seeing the reality of an oil crash on their parasitic yeast economy I wonder if they still want to see the oyel crash.

Loooooooooooooooolz!

All your change nonsnese was based on feeding off the golden geese and as things stand you dont have a single clue on what to do next.

Isnt this pathetic to say the least?

I have been warning and advising you to go back to the farm but una refuse. If you had heeded my warning 5yrs ago you will be harvesting cocoa pods by now but NO una too sophisticated to farm again.

And to make matters worse off, economic analysts are predicting a 7 yrs low in oil prices.

7 yrs ! The schmitta began on september 23, 2015. For the next seven years you will go through severe famine all because you refused to remove your ingrate lazy parasitic eyes off my oyel.

Jonathan has gone with his goodluck.

God can never be at peace with a nation ruled by evil heartless bloodletting people who have spilled the blood of his children for power.

What they seek with power they will never achieve but rather that same power they killed, slandered and blackmailed for will be their stage of disgrace!

Enjoy your next 7yrs famine and dont think it will end after 7yrs because if you dont repent it will continue for another 7yrs.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 08, 2016
persius555:
If the masai tribe in kenya and the cowboys in texas accept ranching, who are the fulanis to reject them.
A solution is the immediate disarmament of all herdsmen in the country, proper registration of every one of them, their nomadic style of grazing should be abolished, the southern governors should encourage their agro-entrepeneurs to invest in animal grazing that is ranching based.
The fulanis herdsmen will be left with no choice but to equally embrace ranching.
For now, they feed on our farm produce and feed us their meat.
Who loses?
your so called solution is lame. You think typing a few lines on your computer captures all the issues right? youre wrong
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 08, 2016
Fellow Nigerians, if tomato don dey too cost, try banga (palm-fruit) stew. If Beef is taking too many lives, try goat, pork or even chicken.
One commodity shouldn't hold you hostage or stop you from being great.

As for Fulani and their cows, I won't tell you fools to man up and take the war to them, Hunger will teach you people your responsibilities to yourself and your families in due time angry angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 08, 2016
[s]
onegig:
We are so naive in this country that we cannot look ourselves in the eyes and tell truth and facts. More reasons we can never progress.

There is a simple solution to all these issues, the Grazing Reserve Bill but some people in some quaters in their haste to show their long held hatred are shouting themselves hoarse over such a simple solution and mounting silly obstructions to such noble idea. Ask them for the alternative solution to this and they do not have a single one.

First, the Desert is encroaching from the north at a fast rate than we can imagine and thus pushing most cattle herders further down south in search of pasture to feed their cows. In the process, they graze on people's farm and we are all witness to the dangerous dimension this has taken. We have to understand that most if not 99.9% of these cattle herders are stark illiterates and still live in the 17th century. They resort to violence once they are retributed for their wanton destruction of people's farmlands.
The issue of Cattle herders destroying farmlands is a long known issue for anyone that has stayed in the North prior to this moment and i guess it is just gaining prominence down south because of the mass movement being experienced.

We are in Catch 22 situation. In a single day, at least 1000 or more cows is slaugthered in Lagos alone and all these come from the work of these Cattle herders. They are an important part of the food chain and we all agree we need beef and also need these cattle herders who are in their thousands gainfully employed. Also we need to protect farms from the destructive fangs of these cattle herders. So how do you solve this?

Simple we have a very long belt of Rivers that runs from west to east. Create grazing reserves along that belt and cultivate irrigated round the year pasture and mini ranches like we have in 1st world countries.

First you have created a place where these herders can congregate and secondly you can track them and provide education for their kids all season long instead of the Normadic and haphazard kind of way we did it in the past which is not sustainable and ineffective. With these we can educate them for the future and further desensitize them from their violent ways.

Secondly you can enhance cattle breeding from there by using various scientist who can cross breed and get better clones of cows and produce and may even start exporting diary products and beef by using secondary businesses located along those belts thus creating more jobs and earning foreign exchange for the country.

Third, you can now save the farmers and farmlands by enforcing strict rules of no foraging and movement of cattle down south or anywhere by Cattle herders at least they have no excuse of no pasture again. With these we would be saving lives that are lost due to conflicts between cattle herders and farming communities and also accidents caused on our major highways by cows running through the roads unexpectedly.

But people who are naive and tribalistic won't allow common sense reign but would prefer the status quo. Fact is, except something drastic and holistic is done, more conflicts would arise as the movement down south is caused by nature as seen by acute shortage of rainfall, inadequate pasture and dessertification.

Prolly the only solution these shortsighted people want is a situation where we employ police officers to follow cattle herders around and monitor them as they move from town to town, preventing clashes or them stepping into people's farmlands which as we all know is not only stupid but unattainable. Or is it the resuscitation of local militia groups who are also illiterates that would only escalate the problems we want to resort to?

If anything, i am terribly disappointed that the Minister of Agric is not saying a word and someone who should be the champion of such important cause and enlightening against the bias carried by most people is amply silent and lost for words. There would always be opposition to new ideas and change but the duty of Government is to learn to allay the fears of the populace and use superior facts to counter the baseless assumptions held by some sections of the populace.
[/s]

Nigerians are suspicious that you all want to turn them to turban wearing jan-jaweed/ talibans, hence their rejection of Grazing bill and you will not blame them. The utterances, actions and inaction of those in power has left a lot to be desired, thereby deepening the suspicion.
Next step in the line of action (when hunger opens their guts) is a massive retaliatory attack on the cow herders, the meat and the illicit funds from kidnapping and road block should be an incentive.
Desertification my nyash! Irrigation is practiced all over the core North, why can't they build ranches for these fools, irrigate the ranches and plant the imported Brazilian grasses? Something smells fishy Oga, there is obviously an agenda afoot.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by jamex93(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2016
montezz:

grin

No b so the whole saga b
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by onegig(m): 7:24pm On May 08, 2016
mykl01:
[s][/s]

Nigerians are suspicious that you all want to turn them to turban wearing jan-jaweed/ talibans, hence their rejection of Grazing bill and you will not blame them. The utterances, actions and inaction of those in power has left a lot to be desired, thereby deepening the suspicion.
Next step in the line of action (when hunger opens their guts) is a massive retaliatory attack on the cow herders, the meat and the illicit funds from kidnapping and road block should be an incentive.
Desertification my nyash! Irrigation is practiced all over the core North, why can't they build ranches for these fools, irrigate the ranches and plant the imported Brazilian grasses? Something smells fishy Oga, there is obviously an agenda afoot.

I would be done over if i did expect better from Nairaland. More like finding common sense amongst agberos in Oshodi.

Since your nose is very strong and can smell anything. Care to tell us the agenda please? cheesy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Flamezreal(m): 7:28pm On May 08, 2016
Confirmed , no fresh tomatoes for market.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 08, 2016
onegig:

I would be done over if i did expect better from Nairaland. More like finding common sense amongst agberos in Oshodi.

Since your nose is very strong and can smell anything. Care to tell us the agenda please? cheesy
Let me humour you with a post from one of the ubiquitous forums on WhatsApp that I came across. Fault the message when you are done reading.

" WHY ANY GRAZING BILL MUST BE STOPPED:-

The story is told of how King Yunfa, the Hausa Sarkin in Gobir (now called Sokoto) hosted a Fulani immigrant called Usman Dan Fodiyo and his group in February 1804, as a result of this and since 1808 the whole of the northern region lost its kingdoms and were replaced by Fulani emirates.

King Yunfa is said to have been killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior (Usman Dan Fodiyo) established Sokoto caliphate, making himself Sultan.

Gradually, other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and taken over by the Fulani emirs. The ethnic groups in the core north were the first victims of Fulani imperialism, a venture that occurred because the people were given access to grazing land as a result of the hospitality of the hosts.

They however failed to overrun the Bornu kingdom, so the Shehu of Bornu remains paramount till today!

The Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed Afonja in 1824

And Ilorin, a Yoruba town under the Oyo empire, fell into Fulani hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto caliphate till today! Even the attempts of the O'odua People's Congress (OPC) to revert to status quo ante and crown an Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in futility.

The Yoruba warriors got wise and defeated the Fulani jihadists in Osogbo in 1840, if this didn't happen there would most likely have been Fulani "emirs" as rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Osogbo, Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today!

If the Bini Kingdom did not fight and repel the jihadists, they would have penetrated the Edo/Delta region beyond the present day Edo North Senatorial District which gave in and allowed the jihadists to overrun & islamize them.

Along with some ignorant folk most of them are now angling for grazing areas and a corridor through the entire federation. These grazing areas will in future become Fulani settlements, later commmunities and finally local government areas with elected officials.
If you think I am being alarmist look towards the once beautiful and serene Middle Belt state of Plateau.

The exact same thing happened in Jos.

Therefore, it will not be farfetched to conclude that the Fulani herdsmen are pawns in an agenda to overrun all towns in Nigeria! So that we will have emirs in Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu, Abeokuta and other towns where FG creates "grazing reserves" for Fulani herdsmen!

If Yunfa didn't accommodate Fodio and his warlike immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa sarkins would be ruling today in the north!

And if Afonja didn't conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba kingdom would not have been ruled by Alimi's offspring till today!

It is a subtle continuation of the 1804 Fulani jihad by the fully-armed and protected Fulani herdsmen with an age-old agenda to overrun and Islamize the whole of Nigeria very quickly.

I will end this with what someone rightly said- "The grazing bill is not an attempt to solve the problem, it's a subterfuge to progress the agenda"

It's an age-old political strategy really- ..create a problem, come up with a "solution" that advances the cause, and then give it a legal backing.
Make it look like a win-win situation.

Be as wise as serpents....

Spread this message for people to be aware."

I'm not so versed in Nigeria's history, so I bring it for you to disprove.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by Emassive(m): 8:21pm On May 08, 2016
YOU Must be very sick if you don't delete this comment.... Is that what we need now than what we are talking about. politics will just kill some of you shaaa
tansho:
All this will soon be history. The budget has been signed

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by lanicky(f): 8:56pm On May 08, 2016
ipledge5:
That guy above me,I hope you have something good to say,u denied of ftc

I dedicate this 2nd to Lanicky

Awww! So sweet of you dear.kiss
Thank a lot.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2016
For those who have foresight, this is the best period to invest in food business, i am not a prophet of doom, 2017 will be a hard time food wise, if you stay close to most farmers, you will discover that they are not only affected by the fulani nomadic man slaughter alone. The climatic change is as well affecting them,the government policy on agriculture will also have some negative effect on food supply. As for me,I have fully embrace whatsoever policy on food that may be rolling out. After eating the local rice and a source,since then I have vowed never to eat the so called foreign rice again, though getting the local rice has not being pretty easy.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms by phenase(m): 3:44am On May 09, 2016
Guy, I no dey read long note for my life. key point please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oke’s Defection Tears AD Apart / Obasanjo: "Buhari’s Refusal To Sign African Trade Treaty Disappointing" / Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.