Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,958 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

If The Rich & Those In Power Are Nigerians, Who Are The Masses? Equal Rights!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Rich & Those In Power Are Nigerians, Who Are The Masses? Equal Rights!!! (363 Views)

Yusuf Buhari In Power Bike Accident, Unconscious, Suffers Head Injury - DAILY NG / Buhari’s Presidency: We’ve Nothing To Show For Being In Power –North / The Poor Vs The Rich In Nigerian Prisons: See The Difference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If The Rich & Those In Power Are Nigerians, Who Are The Masses? Equal Rights!!! by NjarTakon: 2:48am On May 10, 2016
I was watching the news the other day, 21st April and then there it was; Our House of Representatives members were arguing on what should be done to the Controller General of the Nigeria Prisons, Dr Peter Ekpendu, Who they say sat in his car and watched as his aide battered a female lawmaker (member house of representatives).

I was shocked but I would not lie because my mama taught me better. I was also very happy. I will tell you why later.

So I did a little research and apparently The House has ordered Ekpendu to immediately appear before its interior committee to answer questions about the above mentioned incident. This decision was taken after a motion by minority leader Leo Ogor, who came under a matter of privilege to inform the House that some personnel of the prisons CG “assaulted and harassed” a member of the house of representatives on Wednesday.

Read further,

According to Ogor, the unnamed House of Reps member was slapped mercilessly on the face by an aide to the CG. Ogor said: “A member of this great chamber was leaving for a service, while the convoy of the CG Prisons was passing. She was blocked and an aide to the CG battered her car. One of the security officers slapped her on the face.

And here is the final blow that got me furious;

The Controller General of prisons will sit in the comfort of his car, while a Nigerian is being assaulted? He said.

Some people will say the Controller General of Prisons should be stripped of his rank or even worst. I say nothing should be done to him.

Why you may ask;
because so many Nigerians are suffering from injustice, military maltreatment and more heinous fate out there, but nothing is being done about it. Our so called leaders turn a blind eye.

When I say Leaders; I don’t mean the President or Governors, I mean that female lawmaker who was given a good slap and her counterparts.

Why I am happy; I am happy because someone with so much affluence, influence, and power had felt what it feels like being treated like a nobody. Treated like you don’t matter, like an animal with no right, no voice and no leader.

Why I am furious with this last sentence from the Minority leader;

‘The Controller General of prisons will sit in the comfort of his car, while a Nigerian is being assaulted?’

Mr Minority Leader, Sir Leo Ogor the Controller General did exactly what you all do. Sit with folded hands and legs, turning a blind eye to the injustice we the poor and voiceless masses face daily.

If you are summoning him, then who will summon the house of representative members?

When a bus driver in Lagos State was battered to the point of death by a military official, what did you people do?

When elderly women in Delta State were beaten and trampled on at the command of a soldier, what did you do?

Now, since it is a Member of the House of Representatives that was maltreated they remember that Nigerians have rights.

It is obvious and true to conclude that the rich and those in power are the ones termed 'Nigerians'. Since they are always given preferential treatment.

Who are the poor masses then?
Slaves? A Means to an End? Or maybe we are just Animals?

We Want Equal Rights!!!

The Real Nigeria!!!

For more facts about Nigeria click here. http://thereal9ja..com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is The Budget Of Ministry Of Science And Technology / Apc / The Difference Is Clear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.