Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. (1634 Views)

Buhari Is Leading Nigeria To The Promised Land - Orji Uzor Kalu / Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Osinbajo's 60th Birthday: "Capable Of Leading Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by histemple: 4:07am On May 10, 2016
Renowned Economist Pat Utomi, on Monday disclosed that President
Muhammadu Buhari government is headed nowhere.
He said, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, whom he described as his
friend, knows that Buhari is ruling the country with “a medieval
mindset”.
Utomi said the president was not getting the best because of his idea
of “exclusion rather than inclusion”.
According to The SUN, Utomi said this at a breakfast meeting organised
by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Victory Chapel,
Province 21, in the Magodo area of Lagos.
“The problem with Buhari’s administration is his medieval mindset. He
excludes rather than includes. So, he does not get the best idea,”
Utomi was quoted as saying.
“He is insular. I don’t push him in this conversation but I am sure
that if I put my friend, the vice president under pressure, he will
admit what I am saying. Because of their medieval mindset, they have
created a country that is more divided than they met it. And that is a
problem for leadership that is marching towards progress.”
When asked how long Nigerians might wait for the change they voted
for, he said: “Everything is based on context. Take a look at the
mismanagement of this fuel thing; the whole idea is nonsensical.
“It doesn’t have to go on like this; you are punishing Nigerian people
unnecessarily. The sufferings that Nigerians have endured in the last
couple of weeks over this petrol crisis have reduced productivity. If
you throw it open to people across the world to bring petrol to
Nigeria and sell at any price, you will discover that within a year,
the price of petrol will be lower than the government’s fixed price
today.
“You (Buhari) set up a committee called transition committee. It
suggested that you deregulate the whole thing about crude oil, but no,
you won’t. Your ideas go back 30 years and they are irrelevant to this
world. Open up your mind and listen to people and you can make
progress. To lead is to serve.
“To lead, you must be knowledgeable. People don’t follow somebody who
doesn’t know where he is going. Otherwise, you fall into a ditch.”

Source: http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/buhari-leading-us-nowhere-utomi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by eleojo23: 4:11am On May 10, 2016
Buhari thinks that he can do everything all by himself.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by kodded(m): 4:29am On May 10, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by appini: 4:30am On May 10, 2016
Azzidi
Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by greatgod2012(f): 4:31am On May 10, 2016
This man is saying nothing but the truth, but it's only a pity that they won't admit it.

And then, their followers will soon be accusing Pat Utomi that he's saying what he's saying because he wasn't given ministerial appointment.

I just hope the VP, PYO will listen and convey the message to his oga. And I pray that God give the the wisdom to rule aright, because, indeed, this suffering is too much for Nigerians.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by 989900: 4:37am On May 10, 2016
Talk is cheap Prof.

You were adviser to Shagari and you lead him off the cliff.
Your bank went bankrupt.

It is easier to throw wild cards from the outside when you are not in the driving seat.

We are going thru pains, agreed.

Buhari should listen more, agreed.

Buhari is tackling fundamental causes; not symptoms.

That doesn't make all his decisions perfect, but I have never doubted his sincerity -- I can't say the same for the prof and others like him (everyone is largely working their angle or being plainly sentimental).

When you are not in the driving seat, it is easier to only work with simplistic solutions without considering the fallout and other ramifications.

We shouldn't be importing refined petroleum products in the first place -- how we go about being independent in that regard are things people of the prof's callibre should be proffering.

Dr. Kachikwu and the president have done excellent work generally with the NNPC in the past 9 months, are all those archaic?

What has the non-archaic administrators been doing since 1999, that we have to find ourselves in this sh!thole of importing fuel in the first place?

What happens to pump prices if in 6 months or so from here, oil goes beyond $70 or $80/ barrel? Have you considered the consequences?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Ola17: 4:44am On May 10, 2016
Like Oby like Pat, he is wailing because he wasn't given an appointment. He's just looking for cheap attention.

Don't forget that Baba hasn't even spent up to a year as the president. He is still busy cleaning PDP's 16 years mess. Give him more time and he will turn Nigeria to Eldorado.

IPOB tout grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by JJfine(f): 4:45am On May 10, 2016
We produce,supply and install different sizes of racking systems including supermarket shelves, cabinets,lockers, book shelves,spare parts racks, adjustable steel racks, battery racks for inverters, archive storage and so on
Call Ebatech Nigeria on 08034484931

[url]www.Ebatechng.com. com[/url]

We store it better.

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Firefire(m): 4:46am On May 10, 2016
“To lead, you must be knowledgeable. People don’t follow somebody who doesn’t know where he is going. Otherwise, you fall into a ditch.”- Pat Utomi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Firefire(m): 4:48am On May 10, 2016
Ola17:
Pat is wailing because he wasn't given an appointment. He's just looking for cheap attention.

Imagine Baba hasn't even spent up to a year as the president. Give him more time and he will turn Nigeria to Eldorado.

IPOB tout grin

Ore, na wa oooo. Almost a year now, no single sign of CHANGE, na so we go dey ?

If you talk, the Nairaland residence zombies will take on you and label you iPod. chai, chai, chai.............

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by searchng4love: 4:54am On May 10, 2016
V.P Osinbajo is the only reason this government still has some goodwill. But I pray he finds the courage to resign if the oldman is not willing to play ball.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by SleekAboki: 4:55am On May 10, 2016
----
Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Nobody: 5:07am On May 10, 2016
There is no gainsaying we are being led by a man with an obsolete idea of governance. Many of his policies have become analoged in this digital age. Yet they are being praised as the best for the country. What irks the most is his refusal to avail himself of the plethora of talents in the country. An adhoc economy team should have long been set up with people like prof on the team. But hell no! The man with omniscient knowledge will have none of that. He would have run the country without ministers if the constitution didn't inhibit him.... Osinbajo is the only star in the dark cloud of leadership failure that has enveloped this country. Unfortunately, there isn't much he can do.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by greatgod2012(f): 5:08am On May 10, 2016
Ola17:
Like Oby like Pat, he is wailing because he wasn't given an appointment. He's just looking for cheap attention.

Don't forget that Baba hasn't even spent up to a year as the president. He is still busy cleaning PDP's 16 years mess. Give him more time and he will turn Nigeria to Eldorado.

IPOB tout grin

This is exactly what I'm saying. Any popular person saying the truth are always accused wrongly, saying it's because they're not given political appointment. This ought not to be.

Why are these present politicians allergic to undiluted truth.

Instead of you people to forget about the messenger and work on the message, you want to throw away both the baby and the bathing water just because the water is not clean.

No, governance is not done like this.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by dahmie2013: 5:39am On May 10, 2016
989900:
Talk is cheap Prof.

You were adviser to Shagari and you lead him off the cliff.
Your bank went bankrupt.

It is easier to throw wild cards from the outside when you are not in the driving seat.

We are going thru pains, agreed.

Buhari should listen more, agreed.

Buhari is tackling fundamental causes; not symptoms.

That doesn't make all his decisions perfect, but I have never doubted his sincerity -- I can't say the same for the prof and others like him (everyone is largely working their angle or being plainly sentimental).

When you are not in the driving seat, it is easier to only work with simplistic solutions without considering the fallout and other ramifications.

We shouldn't be importing refined petroleum products in the first place -- how we go about being independent in that regard are things people of the prof's callibre should be proffering.

Dr. Kachikwu and the president have done excellent work generally with the NNPC in the past 9 months, are all those archaic?

What has the non-archaic administrators been doing since 1999, that we have to find ourselves in this sh!thole of importing fuel in the first place?

What happens to pump prices if in 6 months or so from here, oil goes beyond $70 or $80/ barrel? Have you considered the consequences?

Thank u o my bro! Sometyms I wonder y he gets involved in politics, rada dan just stay in d classroom where he belongs.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by stinggy(m): 5:41am On May 10, 2016
Nothing but the raw truth. Rather than include, Buhari excludes.
Work with people, be open to ideas. Even scholars seek advice. Enough of this 'control and rule' style, take experts' advice and stop acting like you know it all.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Godjone(m): 5:48am On May 10, 2016
histemple:
Renowned Economist Pat Utomi, on Monday disclosed that President
Muhammadu Buhari government is headed nowhere.
He said, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, whom he described as his
friend, knows that Buhari is ruling the country with “a medieval
mindset”.
Utomi said the president was not getting the best because of his idea
of “exclusion rather than inclusion”.
According to The SUN, Utomi said this at a breakfast meeting organised
by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Victory Chapel,
Province 21, in the Magodo area of Lagos.
“The problem with Buhari’s administration is his medieval mindset. He
excludes rather than includes. So, he does not get the best idea,”
Utomi was quoted as saying.
“He is insular. I don’t push him in this conversation but I am sure
that if I put my friend, the vice president under pressure, he will
admit what I am saying. Because of their medieval mindset, they have
created a country that is more divided than they met it. And that is a
problem for leadership that is marching towards progress.”
When asked how long Nigerians might wait for the change they voted
for, he said: “Everything is based on context. Take a look at the
mismanagement of this fuel thing; the whole idea is nonsensical.
“It doesn’t have to go on like this; you are punishing Nigerian people
unnecessarily. The sufferings that Nigerians have endured in the last
couple of weeks over this petrol crisis have reduced productivity. If
you throw it open to people across the world to bring petrol to
Nigeria and sell at any price, you will discover that within a year,
the price of petrol will be lower than the government’s fixed price
today.
“You (Buhari) set up a committee called transition committee. It
suggested that you deregulate the whole thing about crude oil, but no,
you won’t. Your ideas go back 30 years and they are irrelevant to this
world. Open up your mind and listen to people and you can make
progress. To lead is to serve.
“To lead, you must be knowledgeable. People don’t follow somebody who
doesn’t know where he is going. Otherwise, you fall into a ditch.”

Source: http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/buhari-leading-us-nowhere-utomi/
Sorry, Osinbade is just a file-carrying figure head boy which responsibility was not authentically defined. He is there to read newspapers and take his monthly wage

As for Buhari, He is a disaster in the waiting. This edioot is making life unbearable for Nigerians with his opaque and archaic economic policy.

Calamity has befell Nigeria for repeating history

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Pidggin(f): 5:51am On May 10, 2016
Buhari is a man that keeps repeating his past mistakes because he never learns from experience, he keeps thinking he knows it all meanwhile he seems to know little or nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by kossyablaze(m): 5:54am On May 10, 2016
JJfine:
We produce,supply and install different sizes of racking systems including supermarket shelves, cabinets,lockers, book shelves,spare parts racks, adjustable steel racks, battery racks for inverters, archive storage and so on
Call Ebatech Nigeria on 08034484931

[url]www.Ebatechng.com. com[/url]

We store it better.
mods ban this guy for posting rubbish here
Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Nobody: 6:13am On May 10, 2016
Tired of all this so called expert always playing opposition especially when not in the corridors of power. But as soon as they find a way in they quickly become praise singers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Leading Nigeria Nowhere And Osinbajo Knows---Pat Utomi. by Mynd44: 6:13am On May 10, 2016

(1)

Niger Delta Avengers Respond To Tompolo / Did The Nigeria Ever Defeat Biafra? / NDA Blows Up Another Pipeline. #boom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.