Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us (34433 Views)

Apc: Fuel Price Increase / Finally Absolute Proof Buhari Is A Bigot / Falsehood in APC Fuel Price :Real Cost Of Petrol Breakdown ...by Tam David West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by bakila: 2:09am On May 13, 2016
musicwriter:
Nigerians should realize this is not subsidy removal, but increment of petrol price. Subsidy removal would mean any importer can bring in petrol into the country and sell at ''any price''. You don't remove subsidy and still fix the price of petrol.

This is a huge scam!. This's actually the biggest government scam since 1960!!.

Petrol price has crashed worldwide and if allowed to sell at free market price, we may actually but petrol at N50 per litter or less.

How can you be so sure Buhari is a scam?

UAE removed subsidy last year and since then price of petrol, kerosene, diesel, all keep crashing daily to the advantage of consumers.

Below is UAE's ministry of energy table of fuel price since subsidy removal.

Now you know why David Cameron described Nigeria as ''fantastically corrupt''.

By the way, $1 UAE = N55. If you do the maths you see the current petrol price there is about N75, after removing subsidy.
Where do they get the product from? Is it from refineries in their country or abroad?
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by InvertedHammer: 4:12am On May 13, 2016
lawyer:

To you guys abroad supporting the wicked policies of Buhari on twitter or Facebook, don't think you are exempt from it. The families/relatives you left behind in Nigeria are going to suffer it too and you would be getting daily calls from Nigeria for you to send Western Union because "Hunger they catch them". The money you intended to use to do something good or feed your family would finally end up in a petrol station in Lagos till you finally get fed up.

- Omonile Lawyer
/

1. Nigerians sacrificed their future for cups of rice and N1000. It is pay back time.
2. Not every diasporan has immediate families in Nigeria.
3. One has an option of not picking calls or going to Western Union to send money.
4. The academic proponents of subsidy removal have all disappeared just as would proponents of devaluation---reality is a bas.tard!
5. Don't forget...Nigeria is the best place in the world. grin grin grin

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"...Mark Twain

\

1 Like

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by AreaFada2: 5:59am On May 13, 2016
DropShot:

Stop making excuses for GEJ's failure.

Yes, it could have been best done during excess crude earnings but since the govt of then had proved to be hopelessly corrupt, and lacking trust of the citizens, Nigeriana were right to resist it.

BTW, the palliatives promised for the partial removal they eventually did, where are they?

Ever heard of SURE-P? Increased "allowee" for youth corpers? Improving train system to eventually cut transport costs for many sounds familiar?
Palliative is not about promising 5k to 25m people, one meal a day, paying graduates well UNTIL employment, N45 a litre and other fictitious promises that never see the light of day.

GMB will chase shadows, further contract the economy, create more joblessness, more datr===remind the world about all our disadvantages (scam, corruption, indiscipline) instead of selling us positively for investment. For 4 years and achieve nothing.

Then APC goons will claim he has laid a solid foundation fighting corruption. And ask for 4 more years.

We know it's how's going to end.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by rottennaija(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2016
lawyer:
Buhari/APC are very smart. I now understand the format.

Make Fuel scarce for 8months.

Make Nigerians very Frustrated.

Make them buy it at exorbitant prices from 150-250 Naira per litre.

Make it very difficult to even get the fuel even at that price.

Make them beg for black market fuel at N300 per Litre.

Continue to blame Gej and Pdp for the fuel Scarcity.

Make FX scarce. Make people queue for hours and ignore their cries and pains.

Tap into a typical Nigerian's excessive calmness, patience and dislike to queue and suffer.

Promise them Fuel Scarcity would end May 7th.

Re-Introduce the Fuel Scarcity on May 9th.

Make people start begging Buhari/APC to ‪#‎endfuelqueues‬.

Send Buhari to the U.K on May 10th to disgrace us and tell the whole world "Yes Nigeria is Fantastically Corrupt" to deflect attention on what is going back home.

Increase Fuel price from N97 to N145 on May 11th without considering the masses or providing any palliative to cushion the effects of the massive inflation that would result from it to further impoverish Nigerians.

Lie to Nigerians that NLC and all the Governors and Senators are in support. ( Meanwhile its not true)

Change the narrative that ‪#‎OccupyNigeria‬ 1 wasn't about reversal of Fuel subsidy under GEJ but because they didn't trust GEJ to do it well because he was corrupt.

Promote a lot of Social media activists and APC fans living outside Nigeria to tell the world why the new fuel subsidy removal is the best thing to happen to Nigeria since Fried Rice and Chicken because they trust Buhari.

Forget to remind Nigerians that since we do not have 24 hours light, we rely on Generators to run businesses and homes.

For example i spend 20 liters daily on my car to shuttle between Mainland and Lekki. I suffer at least 2 hours of Traffic inside heat so the A/C must be on. If i buy Fuel now for N145 per litre, that means i spend N87,000 a month on Fuel in my car. (Where i wan see am?)

When i get home i must buy at least 10 litres every day for the home Generator. That's N43,500 in a month Making a total of N130,500 a month on Fuel. Let me not add the 20liters per day i buy to run my office generator o!

I have not added cost of food, Fashola's (aka Minister of Darkness) new high increment in Nepa bills, taxes, food, inflation on every damn thing and miscellaneous expenses.

Why then would Nigerians not be Fantastically Corrupt to survive when Buhari's Government only understands Increment, taxes, tolls, pain and suffering and the minimum wage is N18,000 per month while they rejected just 2 weeks ago to increase workers wages. APC lied that if Buhari wins the election, Fuel would be N40 per litre. Little did we know they meant N145 per litre. Every single thing Buhari met in May 2015 has increased 100% just under one year.

We could live with his bland and vapid economic policies but why compound it with an 80% increase from N86 to N145? This is beyond heartless and cruel. Nobody deserves this kind of wickedness. Even convicted Murders don't deserve this kind of suffering talk less of hard working Nigerians.

Since May 29 2015 almost everyone i know has complained that Business has been bad and their wallets are getting slimmer. No economic improvement or sign of better things to come. Rather its one propaganda or the other about how Minister A chop money or Governor F Stole $100 billion meanwhile the hard working Nigerians who have nothing to do with it are getting hungrier everyday and starving because there is no economic blue print but out of the blues ..BOOM!!! N145 per liter. Pay it or jump into the Lagoon.

To you guys abroad supporting the wicked policies of Buhari on twitter or Facebook, don't think you are exempt from it. The families/relatives you left behind in Nigeria are going to suffer it too and you would be getting daily calls from Nigeria for you to send Western Union because "Hunger they catch them". The money you intended to use to do something good or feed your family would finally end up in a petrol station in Lagos till you finally get fed up.

NLC over to you. We would join you whenever your ready to shut Nigeria down with #OccupyNigeria 2 to make Buhari reboot his brain and reverse his archaic and medieval 1984 economic policies.

- Omonile Lawyer

Do what do you suggest the government do?
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by rottennaija(m): 6:33am On May 13, 2016
fiizznation:
This is actually the right time to deregulate the downstream oil sector. What's the essence of paying exuberant subsidy to the major oil marketers when the price of oil has crashed in the market? Though I still think the 145 naira per litre is kind of too much{ maybe 120/115 naira per litre is ok and somehow understandable}, but the subsidy removal timing is spot on and every reasonable Nigerian should support it.

At 120/115 Naira, you still pay subsidy. Subsidy must go completely for future benefits

1 Like

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by MrAboki: 9:32am On May 13, 2016
eplanning:

Idiot of your type. You think we are interested in this your smooth talk. Fact is this government has been insensitive to the sufferings and cries of the people and you guys are busy playing politics with the situation instead of saying it as it is. Or were you paid for this? Mtcheeew... nonsense and ingredient.. angry

Me Iidiot? undecided

Just because you say 'Fact' in your post does not make it an actual 'fact'.

I will indulge you in a mature debate based on points, but if all you bring to the table is sheer sentiments, you are on your own.

Only kids resort to insults in a debate. I have not insulted you, nor the OP whom I quoted and don't believe I deserve to recieve any from you.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by snthesis(m): 10:24am On May 13, 2016
Ugosample:

The grazing bill has not been approved at all.
Please say what you know
watch dis space
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by jmaine: 11:25am On May 13, 2016
tinsel:

My friend am not a yoruba. I am better igbo than you.

I am Yoruba and don't subscribe to the nonsense you typed.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Charly68: 12:36pm On May 13, 2016
LordBuchi:

U are right...but wether nonsense or sense, u too must buy fuel @ N145. Being a supporter can't get u fuel @ N86
yes,we all must make sacrifice for things to work well in the land..
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Goddex: 12:48pm On May 13, 2016
Apelex:

Zombies everywhere..
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by solibayo: 2:51pm On May 18, 2016
So in your small mind now, Government works that fast.

Where was your deluded mind when we couldn't get fuel even at N300/L.

So minister sees no fuel today, tomorrow decides subsidy must go. Very funny. I actually wish Government especially at the federal level moved that fast.

The Decision to remove subsidy took at least 9 months in the Government offings. Do your research!

tammie24:
I knew about the plan all along

Kachikwu gave a speech in Kaduna on Tuesday
He said when he got to Kaduna he did a tour around and notice there was no fuel so he ordered a number of tankers to be delivered to filling stations and guess what there was still no fuel according to him

So the problem according to him are the markerters diverting the fuel.
Two days later
Subsidy is removed

These people are playing us like chess
Unfortunately they have followers that are ready to give their last breath supporting these people

I'm beginning to think their supporters are paid ooo Cos this is not normal!!!
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by LordBuchi(m): 5:12am On Feb 27, 2018
Charly68:
yes,we all must make sacrifice for things to work well in the land..

Has things started working well in the land
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Ayo8(m): 4:42am On Jan 13, 2023
Reopening old wound…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aerial View Of 17,000-hectare Sunti Golden Sugar Estate Commissioned By Buhari / Buhari Signs Voluntary Offshore Assets Regularisation Scheme (VOARS) / Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.