Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price (23132 Views)

Femi Falana Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari / Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments / Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by sammhi(m): 3:38am On May 13, 2016
dunkem21:

You no challenge anybody to a debate in 2012 undecided
pls stop linking 2012 to this...if the situation is right, we will accept it . but truth is the Lawyer spoke nothing but the truth.... why can't govt wait till 2018 when Dangote refinery take off?
my own take is : the increase is too high..I expected something like 100 Naira and gradual increase like OBJ did
also, the Govt has not been sincere all along.. too many lies..
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by sammhi(m): 3:41am On May 13, 2016
why can't the Govt deregulate this sector and let us rest..if they deregulate, then it is not their business to fix price....

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by wirinet(m): 3:51am On May 13, 2016
sammhi:

pls stop linking 2012 to this...if the situation is right, we will accept it . but truth is the Lawyer spoke nothing but the truth.... why can't govt wait till 2018 when Dangote refinery take off?
my own take is : the increase is too high..I expected something like 100 Naira and gradual increase like OBJ did
also, the Govt has not been sincere all along.. too many lies..

What truth did the lawyer speak? Are you saying we should pack our cars and generators until Dangote's refinery takes off in 2018?

How can you expect a price of N100, when this time last year oil marketers were buying dollars at about N160, but now they buy the same dollar at N320 - N340. Naturally, we should expect petrol prices to be double what it was this time last year. Subsidy does not even come in yet, this is just simple exchange rate adjustments.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by wirinet(m): 3:55am On May 13, 2016
sammhi:
why can't the Govt deregulate this sector and let us rest..if they deregulate, then it is not their business to fix price....

If government deregulate petrol suddenly, i am sure the price would jump to over N180, as marketers would fix their prides according to exchange rate and international price of petrol, which depends on international price of crude.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by zheroes(m): 4:51am On May 13, 2016
hungryboy:
What is happening is a fulfillment of that saying that,

'the devil you know, is better than the angel you do not know.
bros abeg which devil? the sai baba devil is the best devil, I dont know any other demon!!!!!!!! any other one na wizard!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Nobody: 5:29am On May 13, 2016
I don't understand....Isn't that what Jonathan said?
Where did that lead for over 4 years?

None of those refinary projects saw the light of day.
The bastards just "generated" more money to steal is all.

Nigeria is a laughing stock.
And yet they have the gall to be talking when UK prime minister calls them one of the most corrupt nations in the world.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Eddyratty(m): 5:33am On May 13, 2016
In 2012,NLC,Occupy Nigeria, Safe Nigeria group, civil liberty organization etc were ranting, Where are they?
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by thunder74(m): 5:33am On May 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
Someone is seeking cheap poblicity

If u feel removal of subsidy is bad I challenge u to a debate
Let's see how sensible u will sound
Start the debate here, counter or refute all the points Falana raised here first. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Eluwilussit(m): 5:41am On May 13, 2016
Monimatic:

Story for the gods
How do u expect people living on minimum wage and millions of Civil Servants and unemployed citizens to get through this wickedness without any increment in their Income.
Let's be truthful with ourselves for once.
Everything is going up in Nigeria, but Income(Salary/Wages) is not going up...this is WICKEDNESS.

It is not wickedness but change. How anybody ever believed that Buhari is the man to turn things around economically, is beyond comprehension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Eluwilussit(m): 5:43am On May 13, 2016
Eddyratty:
In 2012,NLC,Occupy Nigeria, Safe Nigeria group, civil liberty organization etc were ranting, Where are they?

Them no get gas for movement. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by MADrator: 5:43am On May 13, 2016
AreaFada2:

It is all money making scam.
GEJ discovered it soon enough and wanted to eliminate it altogether.
Arresting & prosecuting the scammers, who mostly are from the big tribes, would have been disastrous to GEJ politically. So just end subsidy.

But the self-acclaimed owners of Nigeria did not want it.

What GEJ wanted to do 4 years back and was called clueless, is what GMB is doing now & he's hailed the Messiah.

Honestly, some Nigerians deserve the misery they are in.

Succinctly put!

Nigerians are nothing but two faced hypocritically sycophantic elements!!!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by sammhi(m): 5:45am On May 13, 2016
dvee2:

"Oh Jonathan praise singers Oh sing another song!
Stop telling LIES that he wanted to remove subsidy.
He did remove it, we screamed and he "reduced" the removal and PMS was then increased from N65/ltr to 97/ltr.
Let's all remember that at that same time kerosine was "subsidised" for N700m DAILY for us to get it at N50/ltr how many of you bought it for that amount? Alas! It was sold for N120 - N300/ltr
Back to PMS...I challenge GEJ town criers to tell Nigerians what Jonathan spent the surplus of N32/ltr to do for us.
They should tell us how our lives substantially improved out of the trillions of Naira surplus that was made from a BRUTAL surplus of N32/ltr.
Name the palliatives, show me anywhere in Nigeria you can drive for 105km UNINTERRUPTED with bad spots.
Tell me how many Megawatts of electricity the trillions of Naira added.
Tell us how many kilometres of standard Guage railway line was built" - Anonymous
and you think 97 per litre means no more subsidy? of course there is ..what if mins is that the amount govt pays is reduced.
govt should deregulate that sector not all these price modulation nonsense

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by babestella: 6:32am On May 13, 2016
Please where is the hypocrite pastor Tunde Bakare? Where is the buffoon called Prof. Tam David-west? Is this the 40 Naira per liter we are supposed to get?[size=18pt][/size]
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by eloks(m): 6:35am On May 13, 2016
dvee2:

"Oh Jonathan praise singers Oh sing another song!
Stop telling LIES that he wanted to remove subsidy.
He did remove it, we screamed and he "reduced" the removal and PMS was then increased from N65/ltr to 97/ltr.
Let's all remember that at that same time kerosine was "subsidised" for N700m DAILY for us to get it at N50/ltr how many of you bought it for that amount? Alas! It was sold for N120 - N300/ltr
Back to PMS...I challenge GEJ town criers to tell Nigerians what Jonathan spent the surplus of N32/ltr to do for us.
They should tell us how our lives substantially improved out of the trillions of Naira surplus that was made from a BRUTAL surplus of N32/ltr.
Name the palliatives, show me anywhere in Nigeria you can drive for 105km UNINTERRUPTED with bad spots.
Tell me how many Megawatts of electricity the trillions of Naira added.
Tell us how many kilometres of standard Guage railway line was built" - Anonymous

Why are you still talking about gej...., president Buhari is already in office for over one year.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Abeymills(m): 6:43am On May 13, 2016
O my God bubuhari u are jst wicked n selfish a dullardiho president yeye govt
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Lanre01(m): 6:44am On May 13, 2016
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by godwin120alex: 6:50am On May 13, 2016
Immoral, ,insensitive and illegal that is what PMB has done
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Nobody: 7:01am On May 13, 2016
This is one of the OCCUPY NIGERIA felow talking.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by muller101(m): 7:10am On May 13, 2016
Even zombies are wailing
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by shugaboy6102(m): 7:20am On May 13, 2016
dvee2:

Thanks for your observation. For us to look at present and how it will influence the future, we have to look at one fundamental parameter which is the current price of oil per barrel. What ever resistance to subsidy removal given by us in the past is as a result of the prevailing oil price at that time which is about $130 per barrel. Today a barrel of crude goes for less than $40. On the basis of this, no objective mind will fault the removal of subsidy. The FG are not going to use Nigeria's' population as legal tender for buying petrol.
hmmmm that's quite educating.thanks a lot for that
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by ogene007: 8:05am On May 13, 2016
chriskosherbal:
I believe as a country we will get through this.
You obviously are not the one paying your bills.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Capernaum(m): 8:11am On May 13, 2016
It's just the bad timing, that's all.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Ura: 8:16am On May 13, 2016
I think for once, this Femi Falana should be told to get a life. Is he not living in Nigeria or is he working for one of the cabals? Being an activist does not mean not using one's brain again. If he wants to know what life is like in Nigeria, let him come down to the level of the common man on the street and not sit in one office and be making mouth. Did he not hear the amount being paid for subsidy? Did he not hear of the way the cabals divert the fuel after subsidy payment is made? He should be fighting for how fuel will be available even after the subsidy so that we can have the choice of not buying from any fueling station that inflates its price after the subsidy removal. Maybe he should tell us if the countries that are supporting his NGO are on subsidy. He will do better fighting for those countries to get subsidy.
Abeg, I m tired of the kind of eye service going on in this country. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Raziii(m): 8:28am On May 13, 2016
have you guys supporting this move by the govt read the full PPPRA report on how they came up with the new price of 145? please do and you gonna realise govt doesn't care if we are suffering or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Ripama: 8:31am On May 13, 2016
Some Nigerians just want to talk so dt their voices can be heard. They no d truth...d question is: why was buhari forced to take such critical decision in time like this.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2016
War against this government has just begun!
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Anglovel: 9:19am On May 13, 2016
FohowNigeria:
When shall we have a leader that will lessen the burden of the common masses?
NEVER in NIGERIA
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Nobody: 9:19am On May 13, 2016
Monimatic:
Increment Of Fuel Price By Buhari Illegal, Insensitive, Immoral-Femi Falana SAN

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/increment-fuel-price-fg-illegal-falana/
Removing fuel subsidy is good idea but what I don't understand is that I can vividly remembered that as of early this month petrol was subsidies by roughly 13 naira. Which means if 87 naira is added by 13 naira, it's well below the 145 petrol price that was place on the petrol. This is a fraud on Nigerian.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Nobody: 9:25am On May 13, 2016
wirinet:

If government deregulate petrol suddenly, i am sure the price would jump to over N180, as marketers would fix their prides according to exchange rate and international price of petrol, which depends on international price of crude.
Can remembered that international price is below 40 dollars per barrel, dear the price should be what is been sold at international price not fixing price. If the international price is 200 naira so be it
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by mrvitalis(m): 9:32am On May 13, 2016
thunder74:

Start the debate here, counter or refute all the points Falana raised here first. Thank you.
Lol.. .. Have u even looked at the Nigerian revenue projection for the year??
The truth is that we can afford subsidy that's the simple truth
No pain no gain ..Bro
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by FohowNigeria: 10:00am On May 13, 2016
Anglovel:
NEVER in NIGERIA

Hm at this age and time, we never talk of great time as a people, where joy reside in our people for governance.

its always from one crisis, killing or coup against the people and the fatherland.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by FohowNigeria: 10:01am On May 13, 2016
Anglovel:
NEVER in NIGERIA

Hm at this age and time, we never talk of great time as a people, where joy reside in our people for governance.

its always from one crisis, killing or coup against the people and the fatherland.

wail my country wail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System / I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But / MSME Survival Fund Scheme Registration: What You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.